• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lmnz's video thread :D UPDATED MORE 5/31 MATCHES!

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
yay videos!

4-11-08
vs metaknight
round 1
round 2
round 3
round 4
vs ike
round 1
round 2
round 3
round 4
vs marth
round 1

5-31-08
vs kirby
round 1(tournament)
vs peach
round 1(tournament)
round 2(tournament)*note this was my first time trying this stage in tournament with ZERO practice prior to the match so there were some things i didn't expect just as much as edrees lol.
vs marth
round 1(tournament)
round 2(tournament)*watch for the ending gimp :D
vs c falcon
round 1(tournament)
vs wario
round 1(tournament)
round 2(tournament)

and...
me using mk in tournament =[

will update as i upload more.
tips and comments please~ =].

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Your Pit needs a little more speed but that will come. Very nice Pit man. Very nice.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I look forward to a match against that Pit, with my very own Pit. You're pretty exceptional and have use of that one glide technique. I think it was Glideshifting at the Ike fight.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
Your Pit needs a little more speed but that will come. Very nice Pit man. Very nice.
lol thanks. i'll try to be a lil more quick cuz after you said that i was thinking back on how i was playing and i realized you're right lol. i do need to be a lil more fast.

I look forward to a match against that Pit, with my very own Pit. You're pretty exceptional and have use of that one glide technique. I think it was Glideshifting at the Ike fight.
what can i say i just love glideshifting :D.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Your Pit is fast enough to beat people at your skill level so long as they don't play a character that is, well MetaKnight. All-in-all you need to be faster then your opponent if they have a recovery that rivals your own. And MetaKnight not only does but is naturally faster.

Scio

Smash Rookie
MUAHAHAHA!! You are welcome for glideshifting lmnz LOLOLOL! It would've eventually been found but i'm just glad I found it first xDDD... btw killer utilt use you really got that down pact o.o

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
final update for 4-11 matches. i'll get more recent footage up on the next update. thanks for everyone's feedback =].

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
Yo LMNZ, I was watching your fight with Futile ( Wario) on youtube, he seemed to play a very good Wario. I don't know much about Wario ariels, so i was wondering if you can give me any tip fighting him in the air.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
One of my friends loves to play as ike and she is pretty good at it. ive only looked at one of ur ike matches. But theres something that ive been practicing just for ike. And that is to use the mirror shield to reflect his Up special when hes trying to recover. I dont know if u do it, but in the one ike match i saw, u missed like 2 or 3 opportunities where u could have tried it. And if hit would have spelled instant death for him.

We should have a match sometime, ur pit style is pretty different from my own. Maybe we might learn something from each other.

kown

Smash Lord
One of my friends loves to play as ike and she is pretty good at it. ive only looked at one of ur ike matches. But theres something that ive been practicing just for ike. And that is to use the mirror shield to reflect his Up special when hes trying to recover. I dont know if u do it, but in the one ike match i saw, u missed like 2 or 3 opportunities where u could have tried it. And if hit would have spelled instant death for him.

We should have a match sometime, ur pit style is pretty different from my own. Maybe we might learn something from each other.
I also have an ike friend that i try to reflect. BUT they can recover backwards(they do the up b opposite of the stage and grab it backwards) meaning that its unreflectable and you just have to hug the edge.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
Yo LMNZ, I was watching your fight with Futile ( Wario) on youtube, he seemed to play a very good Wario. I don't know much about Wario ariels, so i was wondering if you can give me any tip fighting him in the air.
sorry about the late response. i didn't know anyone posted here lol.

anyways wario... has too much priority. some people might think i'm dumb for saying this but it's true, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. he's sorta like jiggs in the sense that his jumps weave in and out very well but his priority comes in the no-lag aerials he can spam 2-3 times per jump like luigi. the only real moves that have punishable lag is the b-air and f-air but even then being a couple frames too late has you eating a invincible start-up f-smash.

you also have to remember he has a command grab(neutral b) which can set up very nice chase game for him at low %. remember that his moves string one after another in the air so just because he threw out a d-air doesn't mean you can go after him. he'll hit you with a n-air or something else right away. hmmm... what else... oh u-air aka THE CLAP is one of those moves that seem like they're very laggy when he lands but they actually have almost no lag.

imo pit has one of the worst aerial priorities in the game which his arrows make up for. without proper arrow pressure, head on fighting will result in you losing almost all the time. so instead of just jumping after him, pressure him to come from above where your u-air actually has more priority than his moves. even then you can't be too aggressive since he can move way too freely in the air.

yeah i don't know where this is going but the best thing you can do is learn wario yourself. the way he plays is totally different than any other characters so just re-learn how you play in this match up since the logical reponses vs other characters will get you totally ***** here. GL =D

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
yeah, that is what I thought. He has very good air movement. In my last tournament match, I most just used nair and SH dair playing against this one decent Wario. The arrows also pissed him off. : )

p.s any ideas on edgeguarding?

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
his bike eats up arrows so the best option to kill him off is to chase after him off the stage. if you're scared he'll kill you instead because you're at high percentage or whatever. just wait for him at the edge and go on from there.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Nice Pit, I would say that you should get in the habit of using Up when you are next to the ledge. When you do this, the auto snap feature kicks in and it is much safer and quicker way to get the ledge than using your jumps.
Also, Ftilt is a great move, I think you should use it more.

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
BUMP. new videos! more coming as the person who recorded them from the tourney puts more up. tips and comments are always nice =].

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Noooooo that video of me playing so stupidly is there lols...

Man its even more painful to watch it XD I like barely even attempted to hit you just kept trying to grab for some reason o.O I think thats like worse than I playing kirby = / Definitely worse than the first time we played each other lols...

Yea lmnz you are good... and I played horribly so you were pretty close to 3stocking me lol... Towards the end I actually started using the aerials... but then I just sorta gave up and daired off the screen O.o

Next time I'll do better =P I wont only use fsmash downb and grabs lols

kupo15

Smash Hero
ggz. That peach player was good. You had some nice combos in Samus' level. Nice platform cancels also, I'm going to experiment with that some more. thanks!

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
yeah edrees is really good. he took me out in winners and losers in both singles and doubles lol. thanks for the comments everyone and i'll keep this thread updated as more videos get uploaded.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're really good at using your jumps and gliding to get back without using your recovery, especially against that Wario(wario has a great edge game, but you erased it out of his game completely with your great aerial maneuverability) you taught me some stuff. keep it up!

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
idk why you never use that mirror shield for edgeguarding, is it really hard to pull off? i guess you could get a lot more gimp kills with it on certain characters, and if I have to play you at julians tourny and you kill me like that im gonna kick myself for helping u lol

Top Bottom