• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I love how I just finished listening to Punch Out music right before the ND started.

IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure if anyone's noticed but in the Trailer the Boxing stage got some alterations to make it look more from Punch Out.

There's now WVBA logos instead Smash logos, and the signs say Punch Out.

EDIT: Actually it looks like the boxing stage is also going to be on the 3DS.

Last edited:

Dropkick JD

Unexpected Smash God
Would like to say, congrats to all of ya!

Good to see Little Mac make it in. I was never that big on him, but he's a definitely a long awaited and wanted appearance. And he does look pretty fun. Can't wait to play as him!

On a side note, as a guy who plans to main Bowser? He looks like a nightmare for a heavier character, damn.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Not sure if anyone's noticed but in the Trailer the Boxing stage got some alterations to make it look more from Punch Out.

Yeah. I noticed but i'm still getting over the shock.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice

There's now WVBA logos instead Smash logos.

It's King Dedede's ring, right? Generic wrestling ring? WAIT NO, generic boxing ring.

I love how Sakurai was just building all up for this moment: 20th anniversary of Punch-Out. The boxing ring was made early in the game, so it shows how early Little Mac was considered for a newcomer; we just had to wait for today.

Most of us Little Mac supporters saw the hints and we knew he should be in the game. Detractors made us doubt. So happy that he is.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

When Mac joins the Battle, Alfonzo takes over as the Smash Logo. "Leave it to me!"

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I wasn't really expecting Mac in the game at all, I was lowering my expectations so I wouldn't be disappointed, but now he is here! I don't even care about the other characters anymore. He looks great, he would have to be completely and utterly horrible to incite me to not main him.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm freaking the **** out.

Best thing is that they used traditional boxing maneuvers and style over the silly idea of using other boxers move. As a boxer myself, I couldn't be more happy for a Smash character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm going to be watching and rewatching this damn trailer all night, and running around tomorrow wearing the pink sweatshirt I bought last November specifically for when this moment arrived.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm going to be watching and rewatching this damn trailer all night, and running around tomorrow wearing the pink sweatshirt I bought last November specifically for when this moment arrived.
His trailer was great, I really enjoyed the stylistic approach... and lack of Kirby. I hope Doc Louis is really shouting all of that stuff while in a battle, so HYPE!

D

Deleted member

What's up with Little Mac in this picture? He looks different.
It's probably his Final Smash, which changes him into Giga-Mac. In case you're curious, yes, he can transform into him in the Wii game, but only in multiplayer.

On an off note, Mac really seems like a beast of a character. Fast attacks, and no doubt he'll have some good K.O moves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
Remember when a certain subset of Smashboards members actually used the Villager's boxing gloves as an evidence against Little Mac's inclusion?
Are you insinuating that Balloon Fighter is in Smash? :troll:

I don't know, if Villager had green boxing gloves as opposed to the generic red ones, I would have thought differently. I think it was Wii Sports, just like the bowling ball.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
He seems incredibly versatile. Aside from his speed, he also had.

• A jump punch that ignored projectiles. (Shown ignoring megamans fully charged buster)
  • A punch that can be charged up that also ignored some knockback.
  • a flat out counter
  • and that KO punch. God I wonder how strong that damn thing is?
It looks like he has a garbage recovery, but his stage control and rushdown could be frightening. Not gonna lie. Little macs looking hype. Those jabs and bodyblows~ Nnng~

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OH MY GAWD

IT HAPPENED!

DOC LOUIS! THE ART STYLE! THE SANDBAG! THE MUSIC!

I'M CRYING! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

YOU GUYS KNOW DIDDY KONG? F*** THAT! LITTLE MAC WON VALENTINE'S DAY!

JON AND ARIN WIN! THEY REALIZE FRIENDSHIP IS MORE IMPORTANT!

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
Sakurai really trolled us with that boxing ring stage, making it look like a generic Super Smash Bros stage and suddenly changing it to a Punch Out stage when Little Mac joins the game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
He's actually reminiscent of Tekken's Steve what with all the dodges and counter, and some of his moves remind me of Street Fighter's Dudley.

Funny enough they both got inspiration from Hajime no Ippo.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
This is amazing!!! I couldn't be happier right now!!!

Over a decade of waiting and now the character I've wanted to main the most is actually IN the game!!!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Congrats, guys! Little Mac looks amazing.

As a Hajime no Ippo fan, I will be sure to give him a try once the game is released. ;)

Top Bottom