• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Speculator

Smash Ace
Giga Mac being an 'obvious' Final Smash doesn't make it any less likely. To be honest, I prefer it when they take something from the characters' games for their FS. I don't really like it when they invent one, like they did for Luigi and Link. Some might say those are more creative but I'd rather they use the FS mechanic to broadcast more of the characters' origins.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
not a fan of giga mac
My biggest issue with Giga Mac is the name... it should have been Big Mac but copyright issues. Either way I'm in the boat that prefers final smashes that are actually from the games the characters come from and giga mac is built to be a final smash if i ever saw one, despite indeed being pretty bland and strange (i wasnt a big fan of it in the game, again would have liked it better if it had been called "big mac").

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I still struggle to see how Giga Mac even exists, considering it goes against everything Mac is.

That said, I'm sure we'll see it, and it won't bother me because of who it ****ing comes with.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I still struggle to see how Giga Mac even exists, considering it goes against everything Mac is.

That said, I'm sure we'll see it, and it won't bother me because of who it ****ing comes with.
I half suspect the sole reason Giga Mac was added in POWii was to increase Mac's SSB chances by giving him blatant FS fodder.

The other half is that they wanted to do a lame Big Mac pun but the lawyers forced them to change it.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I agree with Banjodorf that I'm not a fan of Giga Mac and it doesn't really fit in him character wise. It really promotes the use of steroids then again this wouldn't be the first time Nintendo has made drug references in a game **coughmariocough**.

?????????????

Smash Master
I feel like the addition of Giga Mac in Punch-Out (Wii) is more to the benefit of the head-to-head mode in itself. Without the Giga Mac ability, head-to-head would be a pretty simple matter of dodging and countering; whoever strikes first is bound to lose. Giga Mac mixes that up, plus it allows the players to have the opportunity to actually play as a larger boxer, like everyone else in the Punch-Out games.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Finally found it! I had to dig through my Miiverse yeahs to unearth it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So is there anymore proof of him being confirmed its ben a while since I was here (on this support thread)

And on subject just like with sonic for mac it looks like theres no other choice than giga mac

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
GUYS GET YO GLOVES ON, GET CHEESEBURGERS IN EM IF YOU WANT!

MAC MAY GET CONFIRMED TOMORROW!

maybe.

BUT IF HE IS CALLED IT

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm still thinking E3, but if they showed Diddy tonight and decided to show Mac with the Direct that'd be an amazing surprise.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah, so Next Level posted about tuning into the Direct tomorrow.
I'm really hoping for Punch Out related news.
Even if it isn't Mac in Smash, a Punch Out game for Wii U/3DS would be so hype.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm really thinking it will be Diddy or Diddy/Dixie combo but I'll be ecstatic if Mac gets revealed instead!!!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'm still thinking E3, but if they showed Diddy tonight and decided to show Mac with the Direct that'd be an amazing surprise.
well, next level gave hints for the direct, you know what that means....

MARIO STRIKERS WII U!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm really thinking it will be Diddy or Diddy/Dixie combo but I'll be ecstatic if Mac gets revealed instead!!!
Diddy and Dixie combo is a terrible idea that should be burned at the stake.
I'd rather have them separate. No matter what anyone says, it doesn't boost K. Rool's chances either.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah, so Next Level posted about tuning into the Direct tomorrow.
I'm really hoping for Punch Out related news.
Even if it isn't Mac in Smash, a Punch Out game for Wii U/3DS would be so hype.
PUNCH OUT SEQUEL? MAC TRAILER? LET THE RUMORS GO WILD!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Diddy and Dixie combo is a terrible idea that should be burned at the stake.
I'd rather have them separate. No matter what anyone says, it doesn't boost K. Rool's chances either.
No, it is a great idea actually. But I will be happy with Dixie in the game, comboed with Diddy or solo.

And obviously it doesn't boost King K. Rool's chances, in fact, he is one of the most unlikely newcomers, as much as I want him in SSB4.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
No, it is a great idea actually. But I will be happy with Dixie in the game, comboed with Diddy or solo.
Diddy is a unique character on his own. I would much rather have Dixie on her own than Diddy and Dixie as a tag team.
In fact, adding a semi-clone Dixie is not only a better idea, but an easier one to implement.
And I'm going to ignore what you said about K. Rool
it stars snes little mac with the blonde hair, who will also appear in smash!
Personally I would be disappointed by this.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Diddy is a unique character on his own. I would much rather have Dixie on her own than Diddy and Dixie as a tag team.
In fact, adding a semi-clone Dixie is not only a better idea, but an easier one to implement.
not for here please. send that to the K. Rool thread please. (or the dixie thread)

Awww...

Aww.....

The hype was dead before it even started...
don't worry.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Personally I would be disappointed by this.
And I respect that you would rather have they as separate characters.

That doesn't make the idea of Diddy and Dixie being a Zelda/Shiek-ish character "terrible" or "stupid".

Don't ignore what I said about K. Rool, you know it is true. I want him so badly, but what are his changes honestly?

If only he was the walrus in Tropical Freeze...
not for here please. send that to the K. Rool thread please.
Sorry, I will stop.

Back to the topic, shall we? If Little Mac is revealed tomorrow, I hope his trailer is very misleading like Rosalina's :3

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And I respect that you would rather have they as separate characters.

That doesn't make the idea of Diddy and Dixie being a Zelda/Shiek-ish character "terrible" or "stupid".

Don't ignore what I said about K. Rool, you know it is true. I want him so badly, but what are his changes honestly?

If only he was the walrus in Tropical Freeze...

Sorry, I will stop.
Alright, I suppose it's not "stupid", I would rather have them separate.
And I think K. Rool's chances are overrated by some, but underrated by others. I'm smack in the middle, I'd give him a 70%-75% chance. He's the most unique DK option really.

And to stay on topic, yay Mac!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Mac is my most wanted character and has been since Melee, BUT all things considered with Tropical Freeze coming out likely to get a DK rep shown...Diddy is obviously coming back so he seems most likely. The fact that there is going to be a direct IMO means a chance for a trailer for a newcomer. I doubt we'd get 2 characters reveals in one day and I doubt Dixie OR K. Rool would be shown before Diddy. Therefore I'm betting on Diddy/Dixie combo with a "newcomer" trailer of sorts. Just spelling out my train of thought here.

Now as for Mac getting revealed, entirely possible there is nothing saying anything has to happen with Tropical Freeze and a Direct could easily show ANY newcomer, and Mac is one of the most likely ones. The fact that Next Level Games has tweeted about the direct and if a Punch-Out!! Game in any form is announced we could definitely be seeing a Mac trailer. I don't think I can hype myself just in case I'm let down for that though so I'm trying not to think about that possibility much... but I can't help it Mac for the win!!!

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So this month is the 30th Anniversary for Punch-Out!! not that anniversaries have meant much. Brian Davis tweeted about the nintendo direct, he is a programmer at next level games who made Punch-Out!! wii.

Tropical Freeze released in Japan tomorrow and lets not forget that *spoilers* DK was in Punch-Out!! wii...

I've waited long enough merciful Sakurai give us Mac tomorrow!!!

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
It's the 30th anniversary of Punch-Out?!

Well... damn. Fingers really crossed now! :b:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Huh, well I guess it is. I finally have some hype for tomorrow (going to laugh if tonight's Miiverse pic features the boxing stage).

Maybe my trailer prediction will come true. :awesome:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Little Mac might get confirmed today? That would make sense because of the Punch Out!! Anniversary.
I thinking that we could also see Shulk because of the X footage. With so many options to show, today could be interesting…

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Little Mac might get confirmed today? That would make sense because of the Punch Out!! Anniversary.
I thinking that we could also see Shulk because of the X footage. With so many options to show, today could be interesting…
Just a character drop on us? (Shulk, Diddy/Dixie, and Little Mac would be nice but doubtful. Really doubtful. lol)

Top Bottom