• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Quoting myself on what Little Mac would be like, why he would fit, how he would fit, and why all the evidences overwhelmingly points to Little Mac being playable.
(Moves from boxing Little Mac could have that aren't the Villager's boxing light jab include) Lunges, blocking, counter-striking, ropadope, overhand punches, uppercuts, heymakers, slices, multiple jab combos, hard jabs, quick jabs, footwork, in and out (and all about), going in heavy, spacing in, spacing out, body-body-head combos, head-head-body combos, etc. don't exist, along with millenniums of fist fighting history and centuries of boxing history that Little Mac would inherit don't matter.

That's not even me going into styles or approaches, like counter-striker, the classic Mexican wars, standing and banging, defensive fighters, accurate fighters, swinging from the fences, technicality, the classic Rocky "all heart", fighting "big", fighting "small", quickness first, power first, and so on.

Boxing is a deep, technical, and beautiful sport. Fight sports are my favorite sports, and I can tell you, nothing beats a big fight, and nothing tops a high level fighter. It's called "The Sweet Science" for a reason. Add in the arcade-y style of Punch-Out!!, and you got yourself some insane character potential.

(Man I wish I could give you all my boxing knowledge; my uncle, his father, his father, his father, his father, and his father, and perhaps further on were all professional boxers)

Also, the Tekken team is making this. Almost all of their characters are based around a martial art. What makes you think they wouldn't latch on to Little Mac=??? They've made terrific characters out of characters with a lot less to work with, and they've given them all like 100 moves, lol. They could easily get 5 aerials, 4 grab throws, 4 specials, 3 tilts, 3 smash attacks, a A move, a A-A-A (or whatever) combo, a grab move, a grab pummel, a getup attack, and a Final Smash, and have literally a dozen attack options on the table.

Besides, the E3 rumor all but confirms him, and this boxing ring stage proves that point even harder, along with Little Mac's increased popularity. Little Mac was the Assist Trophy most Smash fans agreed should be playable next time around. All of the "Top Grade Nintendo All-Stars" have already been playable in Smash (most of the last bunch in Brawl), sans obviously the Miis, Nintendogs, and K. Rool. It's time for the last of the B-grade Nintendo stars Nintendo stars like Ridley, Little Mac, and Shulk to be playable in Smash.

Everything points to Little Mac being playable. Literally everything.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kind of interesting to think about after seeing that image, but what do you think Little Mac's piece of newcomer artwork will look like?

Morbi

Scavenger
When was that revealed? I must have missed the picture of the day during all of this Palutena talk. It looks great, Sakurai really outdid himself this time! Thank you for spreading the news!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Kind of interesting to think about after seeing that image, but what do you think Little Mac's piece of newcomer artwork will look like?
It'd actually be cool if it was like that. Like, he's looking at the screen, pumping one of his fists, with it level to his chest or something.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It'd actually be cool if it was like that. Like, he's looking at the screen, pumping one of his fists, with it level to his chest or something.
I agree. Maybe with a defeated DK in the foreground as an added reference?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

This is pretty cool, I NEED to see an actual screen shot of him soon though... waiting is killing me

LF2K

Floor Diver
I saw someone on Miiverse who said Mac was the "dumbest" character requests. Just because he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. What a joke! :laugh:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I guess you're right. But still, I guess not everyone can see Mac's likelihood is very high.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, any ideas what Mac's taunts could be? Maybe one where he jumps rope in place. Boxers tend to do that as a workout routine.

LF2K

Floor Diver
His victory animation when he defeats a champion from Super Punch!! would be great. Mac could even shout "Right on!".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
His victory animation when he defeats a champion from Super Punch!! would be great. Mac could even shout "Right on!".
Yeah, that sounds cool too. But that might work a little better as a win pose after the match is over.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I saw someone on Miiverse who said Mac was the "dumbest" character requests. Just because he was an Assist Trophy in Brawl. What a joke! :laugh:
I once saw someone on Miiverse say that Little Mac and Diddy Kong wouldn't be in because they're third party.

-_-

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't want to be an *** or nothin', but I'm pretty sure that if K. Rool is A-list, then so is Ridley.
The entire Metroid franchise has sold about 15 million copies, whereas the the entire Donkey Kong franchise has sold well over 50 million copies.

Metroid is Nintendo's biggest series in terms of sales after Mario (its' offshoot), Nintendogs, the Wii/Mii series, and maybe Zelda and Animal Crossing.

Also, I consider K. Rool a B-grade star, as well as Ridley and Little Mac.

The only A-star Nintendo characters not yet playable in Smash IMO are Nintendogs and Miis.
That was actually really well done. I would love to see Little Mac "train" by fighting some smash bosses, lol!!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I suppose that the lighting effect is kind of cool. I'm sure if you keep at it, you'll make an even better one than the last two.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I hope he has some really cool ducks and weaves. Maybe like a Dempsey Roll. You can never go wrong with a Dempsey Roll.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
Do you think Mac will look a lot like his wii appearance, or will he look more realistic? (outside from the less cartoony style, i also mean his shapes)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Do you think Mac will look a lot like his wii appearance, or will he look more realistic? (outside from the less cartoony style, i also mean his shapes)
I expect him to be a more polished version of his Wii appearance, keeping with the sleek yet cartoony style of Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

I think that he will have his Wii appearance, I would be surprised if he didn't. They'll probably give him a more polished look for his appearance on the Wii U.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Mac probably will have his Wii look, and voiced by Matt Harty again (even though Mac probably won't speak much). It'd be cool if his Super Punch-Out!! look was an alternate costume.

Top Bottom