• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't think having a stage revealed is ever a negative for a character's chance, unless Sakurai directly states something that puts into question the character's playability. Having a stage means your series is being focused. Out of the many Nintendo series, it means that your series is prominent enough to have its own stage. I don't think its too much of a positive, but it is definitely a positive. Having a stage is basically Sakurai saying that your franchise is important.

Edit: Hey! Little Mac just hit a 1000.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It took quite a long time for Li'l Mac to hit 1000 posts, especially compared to K. Rool, as their SmashBoards popularity are almost on par.

I guess it may be because there isn't THAT much to talk about... No naysayers either (except for the "he only punches" argument)...

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
It took quite a long time for Li'l Mac to hit 1000 posts, especially compared to K. Rool, as their SmashBoards popularity are almost on par.

I guess it may be because there isn't THAT much to talk about... No naysayers either (except for the "he only punches" argument)...
It's probably because Ridley has more haters and the size argument and K. Rool has the recency argument while Little Mac has nothing going against him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's probably because Ridley has more haters and the size argument and K. Rool has the recency argument while Little Mac has nothing going against him.
Yeah, except for the rare "he can only punch" crowd. Luckily, they've become rare.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Which is also pretty dumb considering Little Mac also primarily uses green boxing gloves before becoming champ
Wait the boxing gloves don't represent the Miis in Wii sports ? I tought it was the case since the Villager also have a Bowling Ball and the balloons from Nintendoland/Balloon Fight O-o

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess Little Mac is one of those characters that everyone thinks is a safe choice, hence the lack of discussion.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't think having a stage revealed is ever a negative for a character's chance, unless Sakurai directly states something that puts into question the character's playability. Having a stage means your series is being focused. Out of the many Nintendo series, it means that your series is prominent enough to have its own stage. I don't think its too much of a positive, but it is definitely a positive. Having a stage is basically Sakurai saying that your franchise is important.
But he never really mentioned it was punch out... though I guess you are right. Still seems odd to have a newcomer have their stage revealed before they are revealed.

Edit: Hey! Little Mac just hit a 1000.
It hasn't been confirmed to be a punch out stage yet anyways, but I guess you are right. Still it seems odd to show off a newcomers stage before the newcomer.

Wait the boxing gloves don't represent the Miis in Wii sports ? I tought it was the case since the Villager also have a Bowling Ball and the balloons from Nintendoland/Balloon Fight O-o
The bowling ball is from furniture in Animal crossing. I think the boxing gloves are just because the villager relies on a tool before he can do much of anything so I think the boxing gloves were arbitrarily added.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
LIttle Mac should be a shoo-in. Support! Also, I MIGHT make a moveset down the line for him like I'm doing Ridley, King K. Rool and Waluigi.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's a little moveset I've been thinking about. It's nowhere near complete, but these are my ideas thus far (only specials btw).

B: Charge Punch
Mac charges up a powerful punch. It gets him some good distance, not to mention that pressing B in rapid succession after hitting your opponent can lead to some sweet combos.

Side B: Bull Charge
Learned from Mac's past opponent Bald Bull, this attack really packs a punch (no pun intended). Mac can charge up the Rush while kicking his foot back like a bull to get better distance and more strength. When done charging, Mac runs forward to land a strong punch on the opponent, providing good horizontal knock back.

Up B: Star Uppercut
Mac uses his signature move, the Star Uppercut. This can be charged to maximum power when Mac has collected 3 stars. The uppercut increases in strength and recovery after each star received. This is an incredibly powerful move with extremely high vertical knockback.

Down B: Counter Punch
This is where Little Mac can collect his stars from. Mac crouches down and slides backwards for a few seconds, and quickly rushes back and uppercuts the opponent. If performed for the purpose of dodging an enemy attack, and you land the punch on your opponent, you are awarded a star.

Final Smash: Giga Mac (probably the most obvious final smash choice)
Mac grows into a colossal version of himself that is twice as strong, takes half damage, and is half speed of normal Mac. This transformation lasts about 30 seconds.

So how is it?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Here's a little moveset I've been thinking about. It's nowhere near complete, but these are my ideas thus far (only specials btw).

Mac charges up a powerful punch. It gets him some good distance, not to mention that pressing B in rapid succession after hitting your opponent can lead to some sweet combos.

Learned from Mac's past opponent Bald Bull, this attack really packs a punch (no pun intended). Mac can charge up the Rush while kicking his foot back like a bull to get better distance and more strength. When done charging, Mac runs forward to land a strong punch on the opponent, providing good horizontal knock back.

Mac uses his signature move, the Star Uppercut. This can be charged to maximum power when Mac has collected 3 stars. The uppercut increases in strength and recovery after each star received. This is an incredibly powerful move with extremely high vertical knockback.

This is where Little Mac can collect his stars from. Mac crouches down and slides backwards for a few seconds, and quickly rushes back and uppercuts the opponent. If performed for the purpose of dodging an enemy attack, and you land the punch on your opponent, you are awarded a star.

Mac grows into a colossal version of himself that is twice as strong, takes half damage, and is half speed of normal Mac. This transformation lasts about 30 seconds.

So how is it?

Hey!
Welcome! Glad to see more Mac support while I was gone the whole day yesterday. :D

Your moveset's pretty good!
I'm glad we're all on the same boat that Little Mac should use a "star" obtaining system to strengthen his Star Punch. IMO that's the way he should be handled.

Everything's pretty spot on, I can actually see this moveset becoming the real thing, since Sakurai has a thing about borrowing moves (Mega Man, Ness, Lucas, even Peach using Toad, etc)
And yeah, Giga Mac is most likely gonna be his Final Smash. Wether for good or bad.

//

Regarding the stage, it seems Sakurai is showing New stages before characters now, this CAN ONLY be better news for said characters. (Because frankly, I wouldn't show stand-alone stages among the first few months after the game is revealed, especially ones from popular franchises such as Punch Out or Pilotwings).

//
Mac reached 1000? Whoo wee!!

//

Things I expect to see in the trailer:
-Mario and DK in the ring.
-Little Mac knocking out DK.
-Doc Louis speaking on Mac's behalf
-Mac dodging heavy character hits (Bowser and DK)
-Mac gaining stars from attacks from Link, Pit, and Samus, while in a split-screen fashion, he hits them back with a Star Punch of levels 1, 2, and 3 (showing off each Star Punch level's power)
-Little Mac doing some gym-related taunts alongside Wii Fit Trainer
-Little Mac shadow-boxing, while Villager tries to immitate him, as if he's being trained
-Little Mac combos.
-Final Smash

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I sure hope Mac gets a trailer. He's well wanted, not to mention pretty obvious by now, and it sure would hype me up among many other Punch Out fans.
Seriously, Little Mac is one of the few Nintendo icons left to be added.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Regarding the stage, it seems Sakurai is showing New stages before characters now, this CAN ONLY be better news for said characters. (Because frankly, I wouldn't show stand-alone stages among the first few months after the game is revealed, especially ones from popular franchises such as Punch Out or Pilotwings).

That hasn't been proven since we haven't gotten newcomers from them yet so they very well may be standalone stages. I mean nintendog would be joining smash by that logic. It seems there will also be more standalone stages due to the console vs handheld theme going on.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It hasn't been confirmed to be a punch out stage yet anyways, but I guess you are right. Still it seems odd to show off a newcomers stage before the newcomer.

The bowling ball is from furniture in Animal crossing. I think the boxing gloves are just because the villager relies on a tool before he can do much of anything so I think the boxing gloves were arbitrarily added.
I wasn't saying it was a punch out stage.

It doesn't seem odd considering their approach. They revealed just the big 9 (with Pit bumping out Yoshi and adding Bowser), a few newcomers, and just a few veterans tied to major releases. They've also shown a Fire Emblem Awakening Stage with Arena Ferox without an Awakening Rep confirmed, a Toon Link stage with Spirit Tracks without a Toon Link reveal but I don't think that hurts either of those character's chances. It might be because those stages are farther along in development than other stages they can't show.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I wasn't saying it was a punch out stage.

It doesn't seem odd considering their approach. They revealed just the big 9 (with Pit bumping out Yoshi and adding Bowser), a few newcomers, and just a few veterans tied to major releases. They've also shown a Fire Emblem Awakening Stage with Arena Ferox with an Awakening Rep confirmed, a Toon Link stage with Spirit Tracks without a Toon Link reveal but I don't think that hurts either of those character's chances. It might be because those stages are farther along in development than other stages they can't show.
Well the CG sequence where villager is announced features the boxing ring so it was planned for a while to be shown. I do think there will be more interchangeable stages this time around because of the two versions and their themes. Also a fire emblem stage was probably added because awakening did so well but a FE character isn't finished or considered hype inducing enough. Also the toon link stage might be because HD ww is in the works, who knows. Those stages might also have been shown to show contrast between console vs handheld stages.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm saying that there aren't that many stages that are completely finished out of the game's overall stage selection at the time of E3.

And it seems that there are just a few select characters being revealed at the moment. The Big 9 plus franchise newcomers and veterans tied to releases. Some stage reveals have come tied to a character (Olimar). Some have not been tied to a character reveal (Reset Bomb for KI for example).

I does seem we will get more stand alone stages due to some games not having handheld releases. Not including the Virtual Console, Little Mac has no portable release. So if Little Mac's stage is only in the Wii U release, he might get paired with a stand alone stage for his home stage in the 3DS version. I wonder which stage he would get paired with.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I sure hope Mac gets a trailer. He's well wanted, not to mention pretty obvious by now, and it sure would hype me up among many other Punch Out fans.
Seriously, Little Mac is one of the few Nintendo icons left to be added.
He probably will. So far, all of the newcomers had trailers (well, Villager's was sort of shared with the game in general, but still.).

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice

So how is it?
B - Not sure about it, but the combo part sounds cool.
Side B- Good stuff. Nice use of Bull Rush as the side b. That seems like a move Sakurai would put in. It's simple, entertaining looking, and (maybe) not too out of character for Mac to borrow it. Piston Honda's bonzai rush could also fit.
Up B - nice
Down B - nice
Final smash - yep
Overall a solid moveset, nice work!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
B - Not sure about it, but the combo part sounds cool.
Side B- Good stuff. Nice use of Bull Rush as the side b. That seems like a move Sakurai would put in. It's simple, entertaining looking, and (maybe) not too out of character for Mac to borrow it. Piston Honda's bonzai rush could also fit.
Up B - nice
Down B - nice
Final smash - yep
Overall a solid moveset, nice work!
Thanks! There are plenty of other movesets where that came from, and they're so fun to think about too.

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
Np. Indeed they are my friend. I'm (and I know some other who are) trying to put together another one using more opponent moves and more non-punching, but still boxing-related attacks. Hopefully if we can pull it off we can put the no-moveset argument away for good. Not so much on this forum, but others (particularly gamefaqs).

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I just can't get with Giga Mac as a Final Smash. As "obvious" as it is, it's lame. I'd rather have something that feels more natural, more unique, and more special.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I love self referencing in a moveset, so if I could give him another Final Smash it would be a cinematic one at this:
Final Smash: Super Punch-Out!!
Little Mac uses a dashing uppercut. All opponents who are hit get knocked into the air. They fall into a boxing ring, even at the boxing ring stage. All his opponents are in a dazed state. Little Mac gathers three star from them. If there is one, he get all three stars from a quick left right left jab combination. If there is two, he gets one from the person on the left, and a left right jab to the person on the right. If there is three of them, he gets one from each of them. With three stars showing, he does his signature wind up, with the signature sound. And the camera focuses on Little Mac. He does the punch to the camera (one for each participant), knocking all his opponents to oblivion. When they get knocked away, they do the signature falling sound from the NES game.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'm saying that there aren't that many stages that are completely finished out of the game's overall stage selection at the time of E3.

And it seems that there are just a few select characters being revealed at the moment. The Big 9 plus franchise newcomers and veterans tied to releases. Some stage reveals have come tied to a character (Olimar). Some have not been tied to a character reveal (Reset Bomb for KI for example).

I does seem we will get more stand alone stages due to some games not having handheld releases. Not including the Virtual Console, Little Mac has no portable release. So if Little Mac's stage is only in the Wii U release, he might get paired with a stand alone stage for his home stage in the 3DS version. I wonder which stage he would get paired with.
I am sure fighters will get some sort of stage on both versions. Some exceptions will be made, but the main focus will be on console/handheld.

I just can't get with Giga Mac as a Final Smash. As "obvious" as it is, it's lame. I'd rather have something that feels more natural, more unique, and more special.
So far I haven't seen too ideas that are better- I mean something with a lot of dialogue won't cut it because a fight is still going on. Captain falcon's bothered me so much because it stopped the game for a few seconds. They also reference the game/characters so who knows. Even yoshis/marios/princess peaches/luigis have obscure nods to past games that many don't get.

maybe so, but generic final smashes are kind of Sakurai's specialty.
Just because they reference something from their franchise doesn't mean they are generic. They might have all been a little too different actually.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I sure hope Little Mac is in this one. I've been hoping he gets into SSB since SSB existed.

Welcome to the boards!
And to this thread as well! :D

Glad to have your support!
Little envious that you've been a fan of Punch out since SSB (or before?).

My childhood would probably have been better should I have known this franchise. :O

?????????????

Smash Master
Welcome to the boards!
And to this thread as well! :D

Glad to have your support!
Little envious that you've been a fan of Punch out since SSB (or before?).

My childhood would probably have been better should I have known this franchise. :O
Thanks! Yeah, Punch-Out!! was pretty much my favorite game for the NES. Probably along with SMB3.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I sure hope Little Mac is in this one. I've been hoping he gets into SSB since SSB existed.
Wow! Didn't expect to see you here, haha. Awesome videos, by the way.

I like that Little Mac's thread's been so active today.

D

Deleted member

Count me in on the support list. If there is one thing about that "leak" that I want to be real, it's Little Mac. There isn't much against him in my opinion.

I just got Punch Out!! for the Wii recently as I want to get introduced to the series.

?????????????

Smash Master
Wow! Didn't expect to see you here, haha. Awesome videos, by the way.

I like that Little Mac's thread's been so active tday.
It's pizza! HUGE fan of your videos. I have one up as I'm typing this. I'm InuYasha boy707.
Dude! Nice to meet you! I admire your work!

Back on-topic, what's your opinion on Little Mac's moveset?
Look who it is! What brings you here? (Smash Boards that is, not this particular thread.)
Thanks everyone! Since I'm not doing as many SSB4 videos at the moment, I thought it'd be nice to be more social about talking about SSB4.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Thanks everyone! Since I'm not doing as many SSB4 videos at the moment, I thought it'd be nice to be more social about talking about SSB4.
I must be the only one here that has no idea who you are...may I have a link to your youtube account so I may see your SSB4 videos?

Especially if they talk about Little Mac. See? I'm on topic.

?????????????

Smash Master
I must be the only one here that has no idea who you are...may I have a link to your youtube account so I may see your SSB4 videos?

Especially if they talk about Little Mac. See? I'm on topic.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pizzadudemanguy

I started making videos about SSB4 ideas in 2009, but I've recently been "unlisting" my older videos; they weren't bad, but they didn't represent my newer ideas. I've also been shifting the focus of my videos. I recently completed a series of new videos that DO represent my current ideas for SSB4.

And I have always had Little Mac in my ideal rosters. I have never had one WITHOUT Little Mac.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I started making videos about SSB4 ideas in 2009, but I've recently been "unlisting" my older videos; they weren't bad, but they didn't represent my newer ideas. I've also been shifting the focus of my videos. I recently completed a series of new videos that DO represent my current ideas for SSB4.

And I have always had Little Mac in my ideal rosters. I have never had one WITHOUT Little Mac.
I've actually seen some of your videos before. Very nice content, and I'm glad to have you here.

And I agree with having Little Mac in the ideal roster. I don't consider him a lock, but he's highly likely.

lint789

Smash Cadet
I'd rather Up B just be an ascending Upper Cut and Up Smash be his Star Punch. That way collected stars wont be wasted on recovery.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman

Hey Pizza, I was gonna PM you this on Youtube, but now that you're here, could you critique my moveset?
Around the height of Mario or Kirby unless he needs to proportionally be bigger.

Series Symbol: Boxing Glove with a Star

Music:
Punch Out Theme.
EVERY REMIX from Punch-Out!! Wii

Items.
Headgear? Reduces damage to head.
Aran Ryan's boxing glove on a rope. If you press A while holding it, you'll swing it over your head. If you press Down+A, it'll be swung downwards.

Assist Trophy: Magic Rush Attack OR a Blinking Jewel Combo.
Magic Rush will have him target an opponent and then make a clone of himself. While the clone is harmless, the real one does massive damage. The clone and real one switch places sometimes so it's important to watch him closely.
The Blinking Jewel Combo will start out with the Jewel on his turban flashing a combination of colors, and the combinations determine the attacks that follow, sort of like Marth's Dancing Slash.

Stages: WVBA Boxing Arena, complete with Louis Codecs.

Alt colors: Doc Louis colors, Pink jogging suit, Champion suit, other assorted colors.

Actual Moveset.
A,A,A-Jab combo: alternating left and right. If you continue pressing A, he'll continue to Jab. Can be comboed into Up tilt.
Up Tilt-Hook: He'll quickl punch upwards, and should you press Up+A again, he'll continue to hook upwards, sort of like a second jab combo, only upwards. Can Be comboed into Jab.
(Note. Hits are not as fast as other infinite combos, but deal enough hitstun to combo opponents temporarily. Can combo into Up Special)
Side Tilt-Straight Punch: A simple, straight punch.
Down Tilt-Low Blow: Quick, low, ducking jab.
Dash Attack: Quick running punch. Causes opponent to fall down. (See Bald Bull KO Cutscene, Punch-Out!! Wii)
Ledge attack: Climbs back onto stage, then punches.

Guard: Blocks face with gloves while surronunded by shield.
Dodge Roll: Quickly sidesteps to the side of the opponent.
Dodge: Tilts body to dodge, such as in his own games.

Smashes:
Side Smash: A strong, forward punch. Decent damage and knockback.
Up Smash: Strong upward hook. Slightly below average vertical knockback, but strong damage.
Down Smash: Spins while punching. Damage is below average, only about 15% for each side, but is ridiculously fast in execution/attack speed.

Air:
Neutral: Spins around while punching.
Forward: Punches straight twice, exhaling sharply. Ya know, like boxers do.
Back: Back Knuckle Punch
Up: Punches upwards quickly.
Down: Meteor Smash Punch downwards, similar to Samus' Dair.

Specials
Neutral Special: KO PUNCH. A strong punch that is chargeable, but not storeable. Rather than winding up, he will just prepare the punch, by bringing his arm back. Sort of like a Falcon Punch. Except instead of dealing powerful knockback, it knocks the ememy down. Unlike a normal state of knockdown, the victim must rapidly tap the buttons to stand back up. Should Little Mac Taunt while the enemy is knocked down like this, he will regain health.

Side Special: Infiltration. Rushes forward, infiltrating the enemy's defenses should he touch an enemy. He dodges most attacks as he rushes forward. Pressing B again will follow up with a second punch, and again for a third. If timed correctly, the three punches strung together will beget a Star.

Up Special: Star Punch: The Star Punch is Mac's signature attack. It easily breaks through shields. With no stars it is a basic weak uppercut, dealing about 6-7%.
On the ground:
1 Star: A decently powerful upward strike, does not jump. 10-12% but decent knockback.
2 Stars: Even Stronger. No jump still. Just a strong powerful upward punch, 15-20 damage, above average knockback.
3 Stars: Very Strong, very fast. A jumping uppercut while spinning once. Vertical knockback is extreme, and will KO at medium damage, around 50-70%. The attack itself deals 25-30 damage. Mac's finshing move.
Works similarly in the air. Does not propel him upward a very far distance.
Down Special: Taunt Block.
Everyone has been suggesting a counter for a down special, and I agree. Mac is based around dodging and blocking. Mine can be used offensively or defensively however. It works like this.
Mac assumes a defensive stance, covering his face with his gloves. If an opponent should attack him while he assumes the stance, Mac will block in and counter with a strong punch. PLEASE NOTE that this move is different than other counters. This move is to be used in ANTICIPATION of an attack, as the window of opportunity for the counter to work lasts only a split second. However, when Mac assumes the stance, if he is close to an enemy, it will force them to taunt. This is a reference to Punch-Out!! Wii. In Punch- Out!! Wii his opponents often underestimate him, and show this by taunting him.

Grabs:
Most people suggest a double handed punch, like Bear Hugger's Bear Hug, or to clench an opponent.
I suggest to use one of Mac's signature abilities: The Stun Punch.
Also known as "The Dizzy Punch", Mac will do a quick jab that stuns the opponent. From there...
Pummel: Mac will repeatedly punch the opponent.
Forward: Mac will punch the opponent with enough force to spin the opponent around similar to the Cape. Mac can follow up with a number of attacks. Reference to Disco Kid KO cutscene.
Up: Mac deals a punch to the solar plexis (gut) and follows it up with a powerful upwards strike.
Back: Mac runs behind the enemy, and punchs while whirling around to face them.
Down. Punches enemy who grows a flower on their head, and then falls down. The flower does what it does in Brawl. Reference to Don Flamenco's KO Cutscene, in which his rose turns black and wilts, attached to his body as he is KO'd.
NOTE: Each character has a unique thing flying over their head when stunned by the Dizzy Punch. (i.e. Mario has his hat flying in circles over his head, Luigi has his, Peach has crowns flying in circles over her head, Bowser has Koopa Shells, etc.) As a reference to the Wii installment.

Final Smash: Champion Combo.
Many people wanted *ahem* Roid Rage as his FS. Many people wanted a combo ending in a 3 Star Punch. Well as it turns out, in Punch-Out!! Wii, there is such a thing.
During the final battle with Mr. Sandman in Title Defense mode, after a long and arduous battle, he will unleash his trump card. A LONG Dreamland Express, with multiple lightning quick and powerful uppercuts. And after that, should the attack fail, he will be exhausted. So exhausted that he is in infinite stun. Little Mac is then free to combo him to his heart's content, and slowly depleting Sandman's health, while also building Stars. The final blow can then be a 3 Star Punch, strong enough to put Sandman down in the dirt once and for all.
The final smash inspired by this would be a punch, that if it connects, would be followed by a long combo of punches, ending with a 3 Star Punch, just like in the game's Finale.

Taunts:
Up: Jump ropes in place.
Side: Punches in place.
Down: Mac begins doing situps.

Victory Theme:
Punch-Out Victory Theme.

Victory Poses.
1. Lifts the belt in the air, saying "WOOHOO!" Doc with him, eating chocolate.
2. Is lifted onto Doc's shoulder by Doc.
3. Doc lifts his arm up, as Mac looks happy.

Note:
Unique Star System.

How to GAIN Stars:
Successfully pull of Infiltration will all 3 hits with correct timing. Correct timing implies that you hit them again JUST as the brief hitstun wears off.
Attack an enemy while they are taunting.
Attack an enemy while they are charging a Smash Attack.
Attack an enemy, interrupting an attack by them.
Hit an enemy with a 0 Star Up Special.
Successfully land a fully charged Smash Attack.
Attack after Dodging/Sidestepping
Landing a Ledge Attack

How to Lose Stars:
Die.
Use the Star Punch.
Take a lot of damage.
Be hit by a Smash Attack.
(Note: Being KO'd, or Using the Star Punch uses all the stars. Taking a lot of damage or being hit by a Smash Attack lowers your Star Count by one.)

Taunting will show the number of stars you have over Mac's head.

Style and Strategy.

Mac is ALL about technique. It's about combos, skill, and knowing when to use each move. Mac's main strengths include combos, attack speed, and decent strength and knock back. His jump height is slightly above average. However, his main weaknesses are his fast falling speed, his pretty low weight, and his subpar recovery. However, his side special provides decent horizontal recovery. He does, however recover quickly from knockback and hitstun, having an innate ability to bounce back quickly from attacks, like in his own game. Getting Stars can be rather difficult. His most reliable method of getting stars are his Up and Down Specials. Comboing into his Up Special can beget a star quickly. Forcing the enemy taunt with the Down Special can also yield a star, or even TWO if he attacks a taunting enemy with a fully charged Smash Attack. Besides the Star System, Mac has one other Unique Trait. Mac dodges and sidesteps quickly, like in his own games, and can follow up almost immediately with an attack after dodging. (i.e. After sidestepping, Mac will follow up with a unique attack, a quick punch that begets a star, similar to a ledge attack.)

Top Bottom