• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I wonder if someone was crazy enough to try and make a thread for him yet. Anyways back on topic, what if lil mac doesn't make it? Like he was overlooked, ect?
I'll live, as much as I want him, I can still live without him, I'll be disappointed, but I'll get over it quickly.

I doubt Sakurai would overlook him though.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I'll live, as much as I want him, I can still live without him, I'll be disappointed, but I'll get over it quickly.

He doesn't have too big of a connection with the western side of the community so it is possible. Looking at some old brawl predictions I saw similar arguments for several characters... but they never made it. Its hard to figure out how sakurai thinks or feels about certain characters because he has not only a bit of unpredictability, he also is influenced by the japanese community more as well as his own tastes.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/NES_Games nope siree no bowling. The bowling ball items are memorable from the game and various balls apear in the gamecube version to kick around but never a bowling ball (go figure.)
I remember nothing about the bowling ball after owning all of the games but Wild World, personally. My mistake about the NES games, thanks!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

No way. As we all know, little Villager fist fighting with massive Bowser was a clear reference to the game. Given that, if Mac isn't in, it's on purpose.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Me and my friend Stormborn made this as part of our SSB4 wishlist, for one of the biggest no-brainer choices: Little Mac!

I made the lineart and Stormborn's responsible for the finished work; Storm really took the pic to a whole new level with this one--he captured Mac's youthfulness and serious vibe quite well. I envisioned Mac throwing a hook with his left arm; I had some difficulty but it wasn't too much trouble. We hope y'all like it!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, Ridley isn't really the main villain of the Metroid series. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he's been the final boss in any game. He's the most frequently reoccurring villain, and the one Samus has the most personal history with, but he's not really the Bowser/Ganondorf of the series, in a sense.

Sorry, this is off-topic. Back to Mac! I think all three of his taunts should be Doc encouraging him. He pops in really quick and says wonderful Doc-isms.
WRONG look at the final boss of zero mission

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Just you watch... in Super Punch-Out!!, the future Wii U sequel... they are gonna turn Mad Clown into a pedophile killer clown like Gacy... and turn Bob Charlie into a weed smoking hip hop gangsta with sagging shorts... and turn Heike Kagero into a fabulous rainbow-waving fairy queen like Ghirahim. :troll:
Or even worse Narcissist Prince could be shown drinking a cup of tea. As an English person myself I would be disgusted and mortified if we're stereotyped as enjoying that particular hot beverage. Well, actually I wouldn't be, I wouldn't care in the slightest, although I'm sure there would be plenty of people who live thousands of miles away from me who have never been to England in their lives who'll be offended for me.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Can't find a topic to discuss so I'm linking a pic I loved too much.

Gotta love all the details. :3

... Man it's really hard to think about anything. At least we're back, huh? :p

D

Deleted member

During the time where SmashBoards got DDoS'd, I played some Punch Out!! for the Wii. That game is absolutely incredible; it's a fun and kinda challenging puzzle game. After beating it, it made me want Little Mac even more! He's definitely my most wanted newcomer for SSB4 now.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I bought Punch-Out for my 3DS, so now I got Punch-Out on the go. I'm gonna try to finally make it to the end. I wish there was a 3D classic version.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
During the time where SmashBoards got DDoS'd, I played some Punch Out!! for the Wii. That game is absolutely incredible; it's a fun and kinda challenging puzzle game. After beating it, it made me want Little Mac even more! He's definitely my most wanted newcomer for SSB4 now.
Mine too. I've spent so much time playing Punch Out!! Wii since the DDoS. He'd fit so well.

D

Deleted member

Mine too. I've spent so much time playing Punch Out!! Wii since the DDoS. He'd fit so well.
I agree. I would definitely enjoy his inclusion and I would probably main him. I just hope that he gets announced soon or something.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I would definitely enjoy his inclusion and I would probably main him. I just hope that he gets announced soon or something.
The only thing that'd ruin it is if they gave him moves from other boxers like some people are suggesting.
I bought Punch-Out for my 3DS, so now I got Punch-Out on the go. I'm gonna try to finally make it to the end. I wish there was a 3D classic version.
NES Punch-Out? On 3DS?

D

Deleted member

The only thing that'd ruin it is if they gave him moves from other boxers like some people are suggesting.
I could honestly see that happening. But, then again, it might not happen. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Oh my Saxton, yknow what'd be the coolest thing ever?
If after Mac wins a fight, the victory theme changes to match the last character he KO'd, like in Punch-Out Wii!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Mac is BACK! Great to see this support thread is still here! (Good to see it's all here!)

Speculator

Smash Ace
I could honestly see that happening. But, then again, it might not happen. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Mac's thing is that he's the fighter that follows the rules. I don't think they'd give him Aran Ryan's glove-on-a-rope or anything like that, it'd be out of character for him.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
It's not what I want, but to be honest I want him to be in the game that badly that I'd pretty much take any moveset/fighting style for him if that's what it takes to get him in.

D

Deleted member

It's not what I want, but to be honest I want him to be in the game that badly that I'd pretty much take any moveset/fighting style for him if that's what it takes to get him in.
Pretty much this. I'm fine with any moveset Sakurai and the development team give him as long as he's playable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, I want Little Mac playable so badly. That, and his music selection would be killer. Bombdiggity.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Does anyone want to support Little Mac for the Project M's clone engine? I think it will be glorious.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Does anyone want to support Little Mac for the Project M's clone engine? I think it will be glorious.

I would, but would that even be possible?
I don't think they intend to make new characters other than Roy, Mewtwo and MAYBE Pichu.

I can sort see Little Mac borrowing several punching moves from other characters (if the CLONE engine is almost as literal as it sounds).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope that if it's true, they at least update the model to the Punch-Out Wii design. His Brawl design is kind of ugly, honestly...

Top Bottom