• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone re-playing Punch-Out! to celebrate the anniversary of Little Mac's star role?

I'm stuck on Mr. Sandman... again.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I replayed it! TD or Contender?
Contender, or the first time. I'll beat him, I just need to sit down and finish it... and get my head out of all the extra levels in Super Mario 3D Land. (Speaking of the referee...)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is it bad that I thought Sandman was easier in Title Defense?

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Is it bad that I thought Sandman was easier in Title Defense?
The regular fight part, sure. But the wink punches? ...what are you?

Anyway, I came up with a new moveset idea.

The basic idea is that all of Little Mac's A moves would, when landed, give him stars. These would make his special moves more potent, with 3 stars being the most. Stars are visible on Little Mac's HUD icon.

His regular attacks would be what you would expect from a boxer. Jabs, hooks, uppercuts, no kicks involved.

Standard A: 3 quick hooks, close range. Star on the third.
F-Tilt: Punch in front, with some reach. Star on hit.
D-Tilt: Low punch. Trips. Star on hit.
U-Tilt: Low-Power uppercut, similar animation to Mario and Mega Man. Star on hit.

F-Smash: Wind-up punch, like Sonic's. Star.
U-Smash: Upward-reaching punch. Star.
D-Smash: Punch hitting the ground, with shock wave. Think Wario in Project M.

Nair: Spinning Flail, like Ness's but longer in duration.
Fair: Forward swinging punch, similar to Mario, DK and Ganondorf. Meteor smash on the end.
Bair: Behind Punch, like Wario's in Project M.
Uair: Upwards jab with both hands, stretching out.
Dair: Same as above, except upside down. Spikes.

Up-B: Flying Uppercut. Like Marth's without the sword. Goes further and hits harder with more stars.
B: Star Combo: Like in Super Punch-Out!!! Locks opponent in place. Three quick hits, the third launches.
Forward-B: Forward lunge punch. Like the move Brawl's Little Mac Assist Trophy sometimes does. More stars = more power.
Counter: Little Mac dodges, but without the white glow. Good for feints. Little Mac comes back in with a hard uppercut to anyone who tried to hit him while he was dodging.

Final Smash: Giga Mac
Mac becomes huge and beefy, like in Punch-Out Wii's multiplayer. Most moves are the same, but with much more reach, damage and knock back. Mac is invincible during this. Not an original idea, but too fitting to leave out.

Also, Doc Louis would be in the background, shouting support like Pokemon Trainer does. All the taunts involve him, one of which is him eating a chocolate bar. The right combination of taunt buttons results in him giving the player advice on the character being fought, like Snake.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
By the time you get to Title Defense, you should be able to knock out Mike Tyson. Therefore Mr. Sandman is cake.

Unfortunately, my brother sold my copy years ago. Shame, always loved replaying it.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I thought he was easier in Title Defense.

He is easier in TD, and Mr.Sandman is in no way the hardest boxer.

I think Bald Bull takes the cake. When doing Little Mac's Last Stand, I aim to win by decision against: Bald Bull, Donkey Kong, and Bear Hugger. Maybe Super Macho Man too. The rest, I can handle.

D

Deleted member

I think Bald Bull takes the cake. When doing Little Mac's Last Stand, I aim to win by decision against: Bald Bull, Donkey Kong, and Bear Hugger. Maybe Super Macho Man too. The rest, I can handle.
To me, the hardest fighters in Title Defense are King Hippo and Bald Bull... though TD Bald Bull is definitely the hardest fight in the game.

I did three matches in Mac's Last Stand and I lost in all of them. I just didn't care at that point since it's not like I'm going to gain anything by beating them (except unlocking the fight against Donkey Kong).

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Who got X-ed out in your signature?

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Weird. I never had trouble with TD Bald Bull. TD Soda Popinski is the real difficult one for me, as well as Sandman, but really, everything past Aaron Ryan is crazy hard, no need to discriminate.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To me, the hardest fighters in Title Defense are King Hippo and Bald Bull... though TD Bald Bull is definitely the hardest fight in the game.

I did three matches in Mac's Last Stand and I lost in all of them. I just didn't care at that point since it's not like I'm going to gain anything by beating them (except unlocking the fight against Donkey Kong).

Heh, yeah, I manned up this time for LMLS this time, and I did freakishly well. 10 wins in a row, unlocked Champion Mode, and then quit. Since I didn't know how to use Champion Mode, I entered LMLS mode again, and lost against Super Macho Man. :( So much for my winning streak... But at least I got Champion Mode, the last thing one can unlock in Punch Out. (Win 10 or 5 times I think)

Who got X-ed out in your signature?

Classic (ALBW) Link since I'm 200% sure there won't be 3 Links, lol.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I had trouble with Glass Joe, King Hippo (actually won by decision my first time), Soda Popinski and Bald Bull on TD. Beat Sandman on my second try both times, though.

My biggest streak in Champion Mode was 160+, lol

D

Deleted member

Heh, yeah, I manned up this time for LMLS this time, and I did freakishly well. 10 wins in a row, unlocked Champion Mode, and then quit. Since I didn't know how to use Champion Mode, I entered LMLS mode again, and lost against Super Macho Man. :( So much for my winning streak... But at least I got Champion Mode, the last thing one can unlock in Punch Out. (Win 10 or 5 times I think)
Isn't Champion Mode that mode where every single punch is a one hit KO? I heard of it, but I didn't get it because I didn't bother to try. Maybe some day I will attempt to get it, but it's something I'm not entirely interested in.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I had trouble with Glass Joe, King Hippo (actually won by decision my first time), Soda Popinski and Bald Bull on TD. Beat Sandman on my second try both times, though.

My biggest streak in Champion Mode was 160+, lol
I was always under the impression that you automatically lost every decision... How do you win it then?

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
You know Glass Joe gets a lot of unwarranted flak for being portrayed as such a wussy character, sure his record in game is absurdly horrible but the one who truly deserves said flak is the poor sap who lost to Glass Joe.

ACTUALLY. The man who lost to Glass Joe was NICK BRUISER, the world champ from Super Punch-Out!! It was a fluke and Joe accidentally KO'd him in one punch. It was in either Nintendo Power or the games's manual.
The regular fight part, sure. But the wink punches? ...what are you?

Anyway, I came up with a new moveset idea.

The basic idea is that all of Little Mac's A moves would, when landed, give him stars. These would make his special moves more potent, with 3 stars being the most. Stars are visible on Little Mac's HUD icon.

His regular attacks would be what you would expect from a boxer. Jabs, hooks, uppercuts, no kicks involved.

Standard A: 3 quick hooks, close range. Star on the third.
F-Tilt: Punch in front, with some reach. Star on hit.
D-Tilt: Low punch. Trips. Star on hit.
U-Tilt: Low-Power uppercut, similar animation to Mario and Mega Man. Star on hit.

F-Smash: Wind-up punch, like Sonic's. Star.
U-Smash: Upward-reaching punch. Star.
D-Smash: Punch hitting the ground, with shock wave. Think Wario in Project M.

Nair: Spinning Flail, like Ness's but longer in duration.
Fair: Forward swinging punch, similar to Mario, DK and Ganondorf. Meteor smash on the end.
Bair: Behind Punch, like Wario's in Project M.
Uair: Upwards jab with both hands, stretching out.
Dair: Same as above, except upside down. Spikes.

Up-B: Flying Uppercut. Like Marth's without the sword. Goes further and hits harder with more stars.
B: Star Combo: Like in Super Punch-Out!!! Locks opponent in place. Three quick hits, the third launches.
Forward-B: Forward lunge punch. Like the move Brawl's Little Mac Assist Trophy sometimes does. More stars = more power.
Counter: Little Mac dodges, but without the white glow. Good for feints. Little Mac comes back in with a hard uppercut to anyone who tried to hit him while he was dodging.

Final Smash: Giga Mac
Mac becomes huge and beefy, like in Punch-Out Wii's multiplayer. Most moves are the same, but with much more reach, damage and knock back. Mac is invincible during this. Not an original idea, but too fitting to leave out.

Also, Doc Louis would be in the background, shouting support like Pokemon Trainer does. All the taunts involve him, one of which is him eating a chocolate bar. The right combination of taunt buttons results in him giving the player advice on the character being fought, like Snake.
The wink punches, while processing them and then dodging in the right direction is hard, countering them is a cakewalk. When he winks, just punch his face. If you get a star from the punch, then alternate and hit the other side when he does the second wink, because he always alternates winks. If you don't get the star, then punch the same side you just did, because then you'll be right. When he starts doing 3-4 Wink Punches in a row, you can easily get 3 stars just by doing that. Though I WOULD like to point out that his punch is faster than the wink itself, and will wreck you like nothing else should it hit.

D

Deleted member

ACTUALLY. The man who lost to Glass Joe was NICK BRUISER, the world champ from Super Punch-Out!! It was a fluke and Joe accidentally KO'd him in one punch. It was in either Nintendo Power or the games's manual.
He is still a wuss for losing to Glass Joe. How on earth do you lose to Glass Joe?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey guys! Um, it has come to my attention that I am not on the list of supporters.
I'm a huge Mac fan and Punch Out is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite game ever.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just waiting real patiently for Little Mac's confirmation. In the meanwhile, why not everyone (every single member) support him before he's confirmed. That way he can technically be the most supported character in Smash history.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Just waiting real patiently for Little Mac's confirmation. In the meanwhile, why not everyone (every single member) support him before he's confirmed. That way he can technically be the most supported character in Smash history.
That'd be nice, but we still have the "he can only punchers", but hey so what!

We need moar Mac. ...At least a proper model import in Brawl!
Can I report this?

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I'm just waiting for the day I can say "Mac's Back baby!"

I really hope he's the next newcomer so I can rest easy and just wait for the game to come out. He's my only "sure thing" character but I NEED him confirmed already!!!

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
You can put me down as a supporter. Love the series. It's so unique but so ingenious, any game with those two qualities, especially one as iconic as punch out completely deserves smash representation.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I, too, would like to be listed as a supporter.
And I would like to have my moveset put up on the front page too, if it's not too much trouble.

Top Bottom