• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of things to buff Mewtwo

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
B-reversed downb, now that's something we haven't asked for, for a long time.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Time to change the threads title to "List of things to Nerf Mewtwo"

Kidding. It's Mewtwo's time to shine, baby

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Time to change the threads title to "List of things to Nerf Mewtwo"

Kidding. It's Mewtwo's time to shine, baby
The scariest thing about Abadango is that he has a rather bad Mewtwo. His skill with Mewtwo is on about the same level as me and Metalex. However, he is an extremely good player and knows when to use certain options and just plays better then us. My point is that Abadango has a LOOOONG way to go before even coming close to optimizing Mewtwo. While Mr. R and Void are playing a rather optimized character. Shiek is basically done excpet for some AT stuff and MU specific stuff. Abadango can beat and almost beat them with a criminally unoptimized character.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Tbh, the only thing I would buff/fix is being hit with a fast frame move while command grabbing with confusion. I don't think it is fair to eat a Sheik fair after landing the move successfully .

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Tbh, the only thing I would buff/fix is being hit with a fast frame move while command grabbing with confusion. I don't think it is fair to eat a Sheik fair after landing the move successfully .
From my labbing, you can at least buffer a shield post-Confusion before Sheik can swat you.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Actually, here is another buff/fix needed: Make u tilt's hitbox consistent throughout the whole attack. It still whiffs towards the end.

Ok ok now im done.

Plus fixing the teleport glitch

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Many characters have a similar problem. It really isn't anything more than a nitpick. You should know your hitboxes especially if they don't totally match the animation.

If Mewtwo gets more buffs... lmfao why

godogod

Smash Ace
Actually, here is another buff/fix needed: Make u tilt's hitbox consistent throughout the whole attack. It still whiffs towards the end.

Ok ok now im done.

Plus fixing the teleport glitch
Agreed for both. Very hard for me to use up tilt consistentally unless an opponent is on a platform above me. Not easy to use after a down tilt either if I'm not right next to the opponent, and there isn't much of a point to use it when there are much more reliable options like forward air or standard aerial.

I don't mind the lack of speed of most of his tail attacks. as long as their hitboxes are far enough. So either make the hitbox for uptilt consistent, or the move a bit faster.

Only other attacks that bugs me is back air not being able to hit grounded opponents and forward tilt being slow. More so the former.

I'd like a weight buff still. 85 would be great, but 77-81 would be nice.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Agreed for both. Very hard for me to use up tilt consistentally unless an opponent is on a platform above me. Not easy to use after a down tilt either if I'm not right next to the opponent, and there isn't much of a point to use it when there are much more reliable options like forward air or standard aerial.

I don't mind the lack of speed of most of his tail attacks. as long as their hitboxes are far enough. So either make the hitbox for uptilt consistent, or the move a bit faster.

Only other attacks that bugs me is back air not being able to hit grounded opponents and forward tilt being slow. More so the former.

I'd like a weight buff still. 85 would be great, but 77-81 would be nice.
Why do you still want a weight buff?
That wouldn't be balanced. At all.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Abadango got fifth and Rich got 17th at Evo, plus Aba's 4th and Rich's 17th or 25th at Ceo. I think Mewtwo is good enough.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I think it's time to retire this topic for good. It was fun while he needed them, but as Mewtwo's most likely a top tier, it's outdated.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yeah, I'm shocked that this thread is seriously continuing. Mewtwo is good enough. He doesn't need the teleport glitch (is it actually a glitch though?) fixed because you can learn the spacing for it. Teleporting is not hard.

And he doesn't need another weight buff. His lightweight is a part of what makes his character.

Top Bottom