• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Notable Players at Respective Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
The earlier forms of this list seemed to cater towards the players who receive frequent media exposure.
That's the only way we can do this. If we're using tournament results as the criteria, then the only people we can put on the list are players who have been to and done well at large public tournaments.

Wulfy07

Smash Apprentice
Shiek list is missing Izaw.

Also, Kistmet plays Falco if I'm not mistaken, but I don't think he has much tournament play lately due to IRL stuff. So probably best to exclude him for the time being.

Last edited:

Disgaea D2

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueDisgaeaD2
Nice list, but it's waaay too early for threads like these. And even if it wasn't early, these threads are extremely controversial. Some things to note:

-Rice is currently the best Dr. Mario, Earth has the best Pit, Pon and Gungnir are tied for best Ganondorfs, ChozoX is the best Samus Yui has the best Fox, Regishikimi is the best G&W, and Nairo probably has the best Zelda. But things can change, these characters' metagames need to develop more, as do the metagames of the rest of the cast.
-*Ryo, not Ryu. Lol.
-*Tweek
Do you have any Regishikimi gameplay? Cuz I'm a G&W main and I Want To Learn How To Play Him well.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
oh yeah, he probably doesn't care or anything, but Penta really needs to be on the gnw list. He was one of the best in brawl and he def carried over into smash4. Don't have vids but I have this

NAKAT

Smash Champion
@Shaya you forgot my Pikachu

Also your post is most accurate. Taking into consideration region strength, wins, and results is how you compile this type of thread and make it accurate. OP let Shaya help you.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I do agree that this thread is basically "look out for these players on YouTube."

@Shaya you forgot my Pikachu

Also your post is most accurate. Taking into consideration region strength, wins, and results is how you compile this type of thread and make it accurate. OP let Shaya help you.
https://youtu.be/c3C9Mnhvlac?t=35m50s

I guess you have the basics down with Pikachu, but how are you different from the other Brawl players that picked it up out of nowhere?

And @ Nairo Nairo I've tried for days to look up tournament results from Earth. All I can find are videos of him beating Japan's best R.O.B., best Peach, and a Diddy Kong. Additionally there are videos of him losing to 9B's Shulk and Choco's ZSS:

VS. Phi-Zakura (who beat OCEAN in the same tournament I think) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKWtUQ2zb6g
VS. Kie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ewq-zLER2g
VS. 9B - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebpNgfi5d4U
VS. Choco - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJy5rvyI4A
VS. Shogun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1BDWDxEtWw

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
oh yeah, he probably doesn't care or anything, but Penta really needs to be on the gnw list. He was one of the best in brawl and he def carried over into smash4. Don't have vids but I have this

Johning for Waldo, but that was his first day with the Wii U version a few days ago and he said the lag was very bad (this is wifi).

Last edited:

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Here's a link

Unfortunately I can't find anything recent.
Oh God that video, reminds me of the horror I wish that was removed.

Oh btw, if some person decided to recommend me, ignore them, I really do suck once you get past my Ness and Gunner gimmicks.

Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
It says you don't have to respond to all of them, but when I try to not respond, it says I must.
None of the questions are required, weird. Maybe it's because I set it so you have to pick exactly 5 for each question?

Edit: Changed it so it is at most 5.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
None of the questions are required, weird. Maybe it's because I set it so you have to pick exactly 5 for each question?

Edit: Changed it so it is at most 5.
yeah its fixed!
also did you get my pm?

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
wait, why is Zigsta not on the list for Bowser in the form lol

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has anyone heard of zanryo? @gameplayzero mentioned zanryo as a Falco player and that @ Cyro Cyro was talking about him, but I never heard of him. I can tag zanryo, but I don't know if it's the zanryo they're talking about.

Cyro

Airborne
Has anyone heard of zanryo? @gameplayzero mentioned zanryo as a Falco player and that @ Cyro Cyro was talking about him, but I never heard of him. I can tag zanryo, but I don't know if it's the zanryo they're talking about.
@zanryo usually hangs out at NintendoDojo. As far as I know Zanryo isn't exactly public yet, but he's definitely good. Haven't played him in months, but the last time we played he'd beat me more times than I'd beat him in the ditto (Even though I'm pretty terrible at the ditto MU)

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
About Pit and D.Pit : Nairo
Earth don't have the best Pit in SSB4.
I looked for footage (hard to find) of him playing some tourneys in Japan, and I do not see anything quite as good as Nairo stuff.
Nairo usually plays D.Pit, but plays Pit often too, and (for what I saw) plays better and safer than japanese Pit's.
JP Pit's were legendary in Brawl, and as a Brawl Pit player, I really want them to make me main Pit again (I don't think he is bad, but I don't like his grabish gameplay and ***** recovery) but this is far away from the present scenario.
Pink Fresh has a great Pit too.

Nairo probably is the name for best ZSS, and Ally for best Mario.
They're beast... I don't even... I feel sad with my level when I watch them facing each other, as in 'Shots Fired'.

EDIT:
I tried hard to find Earth videos and then I look this current page and @ Blue Ninjakoopa Blue Ninjakoopa would saved my time. Thanks anyway, there's 2 of them I couldn't find before.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
About Pit and D.Pit : Nairo
Earth don't have the best Pit in SSB4.
I looked for footage (hard to find) of him playing some tourneys in Japan, and I do not see anything quite as good as Nairo stuff.
Nairo usually plays D.Pit, but plays Pit often too, and (for what I saw) plays better and safer than japanese Pit's.
JP Pit's were legendary in Brawl, and as a Brawl Pit player, I really want them to make me main Pit again (I don't think he is bad, but I don't like his grabish gameplay and ***** recovery) but this is far away from the present scenario.
Pink Fresh has a great Pit too.

Nairo probably is the name for best ZSS, and Ally for best Mario.
They're beast... I don't even... I feel sad with my level when I watch them facing each other, as in 'Shots Fired'.

EDIT:
I tried hard to find Earth videos and then I look this current page and @ Blue Ninjakoopa Blue Ninjakoopa would saved my time. Thanks anyway, there's 2 of them I couldn't find before.
No problem. As for who is the better Pit, Nairo uses like 5 characters in a tournament at a time, bringing out Pit for specific matchups (except for one S@X tournament where he went Pit the whole time). Earth goes solo Pit and places well at all of the tournaments he attends. Nairo is definitely the best Dark Pit though.

Same goes for ZSS. Nairo's ZSS seems to only be for dealing with Captain Falcon and Mario. Choco only uses ZSS and does really well with her.

David Viran

Smash Lord
No problem. As for who is the better Pit, Nairo uses like 5 characters in a tournament at a time, bringing out Pit for specific matchups (except for one S@X tournament where he went Pit the whole time). Earth goes solo Pit and places well at all of the tournaments he attends. Nairo is definitely the best Dark Pit though.

Same goes for ZSS. Nairo's ZSS seems to only be for dealing with Captain Falcon and Mario. Choco only uses ZSS and does really well with her.
Nairo goes zss alot vs sonic and luigi. He said he uses her against diddy depending on the player. Latley he has been using zss against sheik a bit. He used her against mii brawler. TBH nairo doesn't always follow, oh this character for that MU, he sometimes uses a character just because he's feeling that character at the time.

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration

Soloing a character doesn't always mean that someone who doesn't solo a character can't be better than that person lol. Thats flawed logic. I can use whoever out of the 5 I use vs characters some days I just prefer using X > Y is all

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Soloing a character doesn't always mean that someone who doesn't solo a character can't be better than that person lol. Thats flawed logic. I can use whoever out of the 5 I use vs characters some days I just prefer using X > Y is all
I wouldn't say the logic is "flawed." I do know that you prefer characters over others sometimes, but until you take or place highly in a tournament with a single character, I'm going to stand by saying that another player that only uses the same character and performs just as well or better is the better player with that character.

Oh and I know no one has brought it up yet, but I feel like someone will eventually: Beating someone in a ditto doesn't mean you're better with the character you used. It's how you do versus other characters that matters much more.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
I do agree that this thread is basically "look out for these players on YouTube."

https://youtu.be/c3C9Mnhvlac?t=35m50s

I guess you have the basics down with Pikachu, but how are you different from the other Brawl players that picked it up out of nowhere?

And @ Nairo Nairo I've tried for days to look up tournament results from Earth. All I can find are videos of him beating Japan's best R.O.B., best Peach, and a Diddy Kong. Additionally there are videos of him losing to 9B's Shulk and Choco's ZSS:

VS. Phi-Zakura (who beat OCEAN in the same tournament I think) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKWtUQ2zb6g
VS. Kie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ewq-zLER2g
VS. 9B - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebpNgfi5d4U
VS. Choco - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJy5rvyI4A
VS. Shogun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1BDWDxEtWw
I beat Mr.R with Pikachu dude.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I wouldn't say the logic is "flawed." I do know that you prefer characters over others sometimes, but until you take or place highly in a tournament with a single character, I'm going to stand by saying that another player that only uses the same character and performs just as well or better is the better player with that character.
You know you don't have to main a character in order for you to be the best player of that character, right? I made a post earlier saying that:

I think some people are missing the point. This thread is not "List of best players and what characters they use", it is "List of best players of each character." If Joe Schmo happens to be the best Falco player in the world, then put him on the list. It doesn't matter if he's never beaten ZeRo or Mew2king with Falco, it doesn't matter if he mains Falco or if Falco is just a secondary. If he is the best Falco player in the world, then he should be on the list as a notable Falco player.
Also, Nairo is definitely a ZSS player, and probably the best ZSS player in the world right now. He uses her all the time in tournaments.

Also also, this is irrelevant, but I find it funny that so many top players who I rarely see post are in this thread. If we're discussing the game then they couldn't care less, but if we're discussing the players themselves then they all feel the need to come out of the woodwork. Are they insecure? :^)

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration

Oh and I know no one has brought it up yet, but I feel like someone will eventually: Beating someone in a ditto doesn't mean you're better with the character you used. It's how you do versus other characters that matters much more.
That is indeed awful logic lmao. Players have been the best with more than one character before. I guess if a Dark Pit main were to get top 8 a few times would he/she be the better Dark Pit? Besides it seems like Earth hasn't entered in a while and even then he got like 7th and stuff. Him not entering = not recent results lol sounds like you simply have some japan bias . Dittos of course don't mean everything but a win over them in the ditto is still a win, but I agree other wins count as well. Nietono is the only player that Earth can play over there that i've played with Pit in tourney, have they played yet? If so how did that go?

Last edited:

NAKAT

Smash Champion
That is indeed awful logic lmao. Players have been the best with more than one character before. I guess if a Dark Pit main were to get top 8 a few times would he/she be the better Dark Pit? Besides it seems like Earth hasn't entered in a while and even then he got like 7th and stuff. Him not entering = not recent results lol sounds like you simply have some japan bias . Dittos of course don't mean everything but a win over them in the ditto is still a win, but I agree other wins count as well. Nietono is the only player that Earth can play over there that i've played with Pit in tourney, have they played yet? If so how did that go?
Why are you wasting your breathe dude lol

That logic is absolutely horrrrrribbbbleeeeee

Last edited:

Timbers

check me out
Also also, this is irrelevant, but I find it funny that so many top players who I rarely see post are in this thread. If we're discussing the game then they couldn't care less, but if we're discussing the players themselves then they all feel the need to come out of the woodwork. Are they insecure? :^)
Probably name search, and they've been mentioned a ton of times in this thread.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Not a Japan bias, rather a "solo main" bias lol. And no they haven't (regarding Earth fighting Nietono), also it's difficult to keep up with Japanese tournaments outside of what SHI-G uploads. There's loads of content involving you using this or that character and one (that speaks English) can easily look up your records since the bracket/standings/whatever will likely be in English. If I spoke Japanese I could give you more than those videos. But when you look at them, do you say to yourself "yep, I'm better than him, anyone who disagrees uses awful logic lol lmao lol"?

As for a Dark Pit player getting top 8 or something, if they went solo then yeah because there's a higher chance that they experienced a more diverse cast of characters. If you do "I switch to X when fighting Y" or even "I switch to X because I feel like it" then I'm not going to consider you the best with X. A solid grasp fundamentals? Certainly, but the best with a character? Are you confident enough in any of your characters to take on the whole cast?

Keep in mind that I'm not contesting your notability with anyone. I admit you're "notable" with everyone you use. As far as "best" goes though? I have reservations handing out that title, and so should other players.

Why are you wasting your breathe dude lol

That logic is absolutely horrrrrribbbbleeeeee
*breath

Also @Hypnotoad, most top players only pop up when their credibility is threatened/questioned as you see above. They don't expect "awful logic", knuckle-dragging scrubs like me to oppose their insurmountable talking points and never contribute anything to the metagames of the characters they use other than "I'm good, watch my videos lol".

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
As for a Dark Pit player getting top 8 or something, if they went solo then yeah because there's a higher chance that they experienced a more diverse cast of characters. If you do "I switch to X when fighting Y" or even "I switch to X because I feel like it" then I'm not going to consider you the best with X. A solid grasp fundamentals? Certainly, but the best with a character? Are you confident enough in any of your characters to take on the whole cast?
Are you seriously saying that Mango isn't one of the best Melee Falco players in the world? Or that Armada isn't one of the best Melee Young Link players in the world? Just because it's not their main doesn't mean they aren't really good with that character.

Also, you seem to be confusing "good" with "the best". This thread isn't for deciding the best player (singular) of each character, it's for deciding the best players (plural) of each character.

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Not a Japan bias, rather a "solo main" bias lol. And no they haven't (regarding Earth fighting Nietono), also it's difficult to keep up with Japanese tournaments outside of what SHI-G uploads. There's loads of content involving you using this or that character and one (that speaks English) can easily look up your records since the bracket/standings/whatever will likely be in English. If I spoke Japanese I could give you more than those videos. But when you look at them, do you say to yourself "yep, I'm better than him, anyone who disagrees uses awful logic lol lmao lol"?

Keep in mind that I'm not contesting your notability with anyone. I admit you're "notable" with everyone you use. As far as "best" goes though? I have reservations handing out that title, and so should other players.

*breath

Also @Hypnotoad, most top players only pop up when their credibility is threatened/questioned as you see above. They don't expect "awful logic", knuckle-dragging scrubs like me to oppose their insurmountable talking points and never contribute anything to the metagames of the characters they use other than "I'm good, watch my videos lol".
It seems like you're just trying to seem smart so we think you're right at this point. Nairo probably could go say Zelda or
Dark Pit a whole tournament and win, but he chooses not to because 1. he wants to enjoy himself and keep everything fresh 2. Smash isn't called "Super Smash *insert character name here* if there's an MU that DP or whoever has major trouble with, but ZSS doesn't, then it would be stupid not to switch. That's literally like saying "Oh well Nairo won't use Zelda in a whole tournament, guess that means anyone who does and wins is best Zelda" when we all know Nairo is the best known Zelda because nobody uses her. OKAY, I'm done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom