• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide List of Mega Man's Techniques and Tricks

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Agree with people above on the pellet trick.

The thing about the Z1GMA Upper is that it's a guaranteed combo against all characters. Once you hit confirm the diagonally thrown MB, you can be assured that your utilt will connect. 95% of the time it will sweetspot and KO, and the remaining 5% of the time it will sourspot due to timing or your opponent's DI. Your opponent can't do anything yo avoid the utilt.

Downward MB to utilt is not a guaranteed combo against all characters. It does work, particularly when it's unexpected, but your opponent can often dodge or shield between the hits.

Also, diagonal MB is much safer. If your opponent shields or power shields a downward MB you're going to eat a punishment OoS, but if he shields a diagonal MB you can generally still reset to neutral.

Rush 2112

Tag: 2112 (Twenty-one Twelve)
NNID
KevinOfNine
I went to play online today and the server was undergoing maintenance :( So I decided to work on recording some things for a guide I'm writing. I discovered a few interesting things by accident that I've never seen before so I spent some time exploring them. I'm not sure if this stuff is already known but I don't recall hearing much about it.

Zdrop Aerials
If you Zdrop slightly before you reach the peak of your jump, and it's in the right position, you can quickly follow with an aerial. You will drop the MB exposing the hitbox of it, then instantly grab it and do the aerial move at the same time. The MB can combo into the aerial for an extra 5% damage.

Bair is the easiest to do as it can work by jumping nearly straight up.
Nair requires you to be moving backwards slightly before you Zdrop.
Fair seems to be similar to Nair.
Haven't really explored the other 2.

(With MB in hand) Short hop > throw MB down > any move as quick as possible.
Throw the blade for some damage that can combo into the aerial. Only Nair and Bair will come out, as the others take too long to start up so you touch ground before the move comes out. Uair, Fair and Dair will make you grab the MB but you are often stuck with the landing lag.

With the right timing you can throw down the MB, attack to pick up MB without the move coming out therefore no landing lag, then do a standing forward throw. That seems to combo. The throw down knocks them back, more at higher %. Then I think you wait a few frames before pressing the attack, which avoids the lag. Then you forward throw to hit while they are still flying back. You might have to Nair for this to happen.

Full hop MB pickup.
If you do a full hop > press B as soon as possible > press down - you will throw the blade down early enough in the jump so that by the time you reach the ground, the end lag of the MB throw is over and you can Nair to grab the blade and shoot a pellet. It will autocancel, so don't fast fall.

Double Jump down thrown MB Jab
Double jump > fast fall as soon as possible > Dair as soon as possible (I use Cstick) > Nair. You will fall hot on the tail of the MB hitbox then pick it up as you land. With the right timing the pellet will come out as you pick up the blade. If you are too late with the Nair you will simply pick up the blade. Which can lead to follow ups.

Rush hopped MB Uair
With MB in hand use Rush. After falling about one character length from the peak of your jump you can fast fall. Follow that up with a Dair quickly. And follow that up with a quick Uair. If the MB connects, the Uair will combo if the timing is right and things line up.

Full hop angled MB throw into grab and jab
While running do a full hop > press B as quickly as possible > angle the throw > and jab as soon as you can. With the right timing you will grab the MB and shoot pellets. It can lead to a jab>jab>Nair but it can be tough.

This is an early look into what can be done with these moves. It's hard to say what will turn out to be viable against a non-training dummy. Needs more testing.

Last edited:

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
I went to play online today and the server was undergoing maintenance :( So I decided to work on recording some things for a guide I'm writing. I discovered a few interesting things by accident that I've never seen before so I spent some time exploring them. I'm not sure if this stuff is already known but I don't recall hearing much about it.

Zdrop Aerials
If you Zdrop slightly before you reach the peak of your jump, and it's in the right position, you can quickly follow with an aerial. You will drop the MB exposing the hitbox of it, then instantly grab it and do the aerial move at the same time. The MB can combo into the aerial for an extra 5% damage.

Bair is the easiest to do as it can work by jumping nearly straight up.
Nair requires you to be moving backwards slightly before you Zdrop.
Fair seems to be similar to Nair.
Haven't really explored the other 2.

(With MB in hand) Short hop > throw MB down > any move as quick as possible.
Throw the blade for some damage that can combo into the aerial. Only Nair and Bair will come out, as the others take too long to start up so you touch ground before the move comes out. Uair, Fair and Dair will make you grab the MB but you are often stuck with the landing lag.

With the right timing you can throw down the MB, attack to pick up MB without the move coming out therefore no landing lag, then do a standing forward throw. That seems to combo. The throw down knocks them back, more at higher %. Then I think you wait a few frames before pressing the attack, which avoids the lag. Then you forward throw to hit while they are still flying back. You might have to Nair for this to happen.

Full hop MB pickup.
If you do a full hop > press B as soon as possible > press down - you will throw the blade down early enough in the jump so that by the time you reach the ground, the end lag of the MB throw is over and you can Nair to grab the blade and shoot a pellet. It will autocancel, so don't fast fall.

Double Jump down thrown MB Jab
Double jump > fast fall as soon as possible > Dair as soon as possible (I use Cstick) > Nair. You will fall hot on the tail of the MB hitbox then pick it up as you land. With the right timing the pellet will come out as you pick up the blade. If you are too late with the Nair you will simply pick up the blade. Which can lead to follow ups.

Rush hopped MB Uair
With MB in hand use Rush. After falling about one character length from the peak of your jump you can fast fall. Follow that up with a Dair quickly. And follow that up with a quick Uair. If the MB connects, the Uair will combo if the timing is right and things line up.

Full hop angled MB throw into grab and jab
While running do a full hop > press B as quickly as possible > angle the throw > and jab as soon as you can. With the right timing you will grab the MB and shoot pellets. It can lead to a jab>jab>Nair but it can be tough.

This is an early look into what can be done with these moves. It's hard to say what will turn out to be viable against a non-training dummy. Needs more testing.
The Zdrop aerials were know pretty much since day 1 (i think so).
I have seen zucco do the angled metal blade to pick up nair before on his stream, it sometimes works but most of the time when i play with him i just up-smash OOS.
As for the down thrown metal to up-air or whatever, it really doesn't seem useful at all, it's way too risky, any character with decent OOS options can punish easily or just roll away.

Last edited:

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
I'm still confused on the insta-toss inputs. Maybe it's my setup. I'm using a wiimote and nunchuk with the following:

C - attack
Z - shield
A - special
B - jump
D-pad up - up smash
D-pad sides - side smash
D-pad down - grab

Can it be performed with these controls and how?

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
I'm still confused on the insta-toss inputs. Maybe it's my setup. I'm using a wiimote and nunchuk with the following:

C - attack
Z - shield
A - special
B - jump
D-pad up - up smash
D-pad sides - side smash
D-pad down - grab

Can it be performed with these controls and how?
It's going to be a little tougher for you because you are using your index finger for both Attack and Shield.

Probably the easiest way for you to pull it off would be to hit Z to airdodge and zcatch, then immediately hit the Dpad in whichever direction you want to throw. Remember that the timing is very tight and near simultaneous.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be a little tougher for you because you are using your index finger for both Attack and Shield.

Probably the easiest way for you to pull it off would be to hit Z to airdodge and zcatch, then immediately hit the Dpad in whichever direction you want to throw. Remember that the timing is very tight and near simultaneous.
I use index finger for attack, and middle finger for shield.

So, is it just simultaneous press attack/shield/d-pad direction?

Thanks, got it now. I'm doing d-pad down(grab) to drop it, followed by shield, and then direction pad to throw it.

Is the insta-toss downward throw useful? Because of my set up, the only way to do it is with the shake function (I think)?

When I hit d-pad down (grab), he does an insta-invinciblde (dodges and redrops). This seems like a cool mix up, ya? Right now I'm trying to figure out if you can link multiple of these, so you could fall to ground and continually get air dodges and a falling metal blade for protection.

One trick is to jump, drop blade, and insta-toss while fast falling. You can get a blade thrown at ground level real fast for a surprise.

Also, you can jump drop blade and drift away a little bit from it, and then go back towards it while in the air for the insta-toss. Seems like another good mix up, and with this delay you don't need to be jumping backwards.

Oh, and if you do insta-toss while landing on a blade, do you get any invincibility frames, as if you did an air dodge?

Last edited:

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
For the instant toss, my controller scheme is what it is and preform it just fine:

C: Shield
Z: Attack
A: Special
B: Jump
Button 1: Grab
D-pad, up, down, forward: Smash Attack

I'm perfectly comfortable reaching out for button 1 and adjusting for the d-pad.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
I use index finger for attack, and middle finger for shield.

So, is it just simultaneous press attack/shield/d-pad direction?

Thanks, got it now. I'm doing d-pad down(grab) to drop it, followed by shield, and then direction pad to throw it.

Is the insta-toss downward throw useful? Because of my set up, the only way to do it is with the shake function (I think)?

When I hit d-pad down (grab), he does an insta-invinciblde (dodges and redrops). This seems like a cool mix up, ya? Right now I'm trying to figure out if you can link multiple of these, so you could fall to ground and continually get air dodges and a falling metal blade for protection.

One trick is to jump, drop blade, and insta-toss while fast falling. You can get a blade thrown at ground level real fast for a surprise.

Also, you can jump drop blade and drift away a little bit from it, and then go back towards it while in the air for the insta-toss. Seems like another good mix up, and with this delay you don't need to be jumping backwards.

Oh, and if you do insta-toss while landing on a blade, do you get any invincibility frames, as if you did an air dodge?
I don't think you get any invincibility frames while landing on the ground and instatossing, as normally you lose invincibility if you land when airdodging. Even if you do get invincibility it's probably only 1 or 2 frames.

Like many of Mega Man's techs, I think instatoss is a good one to know for mixups but it's ultimately situational. Z-dropped and instatossed Metal Blades can still get caught, reflected, or outprioritized by stronger attacks. This has discouraged me from building too much of a play style around item Metal Blade tricks. (I wish we could still do the cstick trick to hold blades and shoot lemons; I used item MBs a lot more back then.)

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
The good thing about it is tossing items around is mostly faster than a lot of your moves. I wouldn't be too discouraged, even against a master catcher who's spend time playing MLB in the lab for the perks from this. I would incorporate in my playstyle more often, but I play lots of online which even the slightness of lag screws up things like instant repossession with the lemons and other aerial moves.

I also find it far from situational and if the opponent catches your MB, he will be put in an awkward situation sometimes, giving you an attack advantage thats probably worth 20F in (more or less). Not bad considering it still requires the opponent to mess up at closer range.

Last edited:

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I know a lot of this stuff is situational, or maybe not worth mastering. I personally just enjoy all the tricks, and MB stuff is a big part of what I enjoy. Thanks again for help. I would have given up MM a long time ago if it weren't for such helpful players.

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if mentioned already

I've been messing around with leaf shield timing. I noticed it will expire right after any combination of 3 rolls or spot dodges. So, you can take 3 evasive actions and go right into uptilt right as leaves expire. (Technically if you do 2 spot dodges and 1 roll or 3 spot dodges you do have to wait a moment on acting)

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Sorry if mentioned already

I've been messing around with leaf shield timing. I noticed it will expire right after any combination of 3 rolls or spot dodges. So, you can take 3 evasive actions and go right into uptilt right as leaves expire. (Technically if you do 2 spot dodges and 1 roll or 3 spot dodges you do have to wait a moment on acting)
I might add this factoid to my Leaf Shield guide. Been meaning to update that....

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Fun fact : Skull Barrier lasts for only two rolls, while Plant Barrier lasts for three, like Leaf Shield. That's pretty interesting, since it means that Plant Barrier is like Leaf Shield, only with stronger Hitboxes and longer startup.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'll come up with some frame data soonish. That way we don't have this "2 rolls" ambiguity stuff.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I've used Leaf Shield so much thanks to ChopperDave that it's duration is ingrained in my soul. I forgot how long it lasts in terms of a mere human measured unit of time, but my MEGA SOUL understands perfectly how long it lasts. Lol.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Agree with people above on the pellet trick.

The thing about the Z1GMA Upper is that it's a guaranteed combo against all characters. Once you hit confirm the diagonally thrown MB, you can be assured that your utilt will connect. 95% of the time it will sweetspot and KO, and the remaining 5% of the time it will sourspot due to timing or your opponent's DI. Your opponent can't do anything yo avoid the utilt.

Downward MB to utilt is not a guaranteed combo against all characters. It does work, particularly when it's unexpected, but your opponent can often dodge or shield between the hits.

Also, diagonal MB is much safer. If your opponent shields or power shields a downward MB you're going to eat a punishment OoS, but if he shields a diagonal MB you can generally still reset to neutral.

So I've found down thrown MB to upper really good and here is why. If you see your opponent move or shield you still have time to move out of the way. If the MB hits you can fast fall and upper. The fastball allows you to close the gap faster than you could on the zigma upper so allows you more time to decide if you need to commit to the upper or not.

I have been having a ton of success with it.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but yesterday, I found you can z-drop pivot metal blade into a ledge trump and its guaranteed. I need to practice it more to see what else I can do and see if it can follow up with hard knuckle or something, but its difficult without a human opponent since I have been doing this solo in training mode.

On the same day I found two things with DITCIT, which you can forward toss into a footstool, reset, and end with double up air. It could be possible to set up the infinite from this from a raw Metal Blade.

The other thing I found was dash attack+pick up item >>> DITCIT. Works from mid to high percent and options are really narrow and in theory I assume you can only escape this from a tech inward toward you, since this combo puts you in such an awkward position, its really the only escape I see. Its even worse when the stage length is like Battlefield or Final Destination.

I should make videos for these at some point.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Why arent we talking about double jumped dair? It destroys end lag! Im sorry if this is old but it makes for a great vertical approach!!

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
Why arent we talking about double jumped dair? It destroys end lag! Im sorry if this is old but it makes for a great vertical approach!!
I think many people already knew that. I knew it since the beginning of the 3DS days as well as trapping before I even opened an account or checked this place. Those are almost no-brainers to many Mega Mans, but you're right anyways in how it should be noted. Quick double jumps pretty much allow hard knuckle to be auto cancelled and its good for a mix up approach. Its something I recommend you only use here and there when nothing else is working especially. The perks are players cannot do very much OOS unless they predict it well.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I don't know if this has been covered or not, but yesterday, I found you can z-drop pivot metal blade into a ledge trump and its guaranteed. I need to practice it more to see what else I can do and see if it can follow up with hard knuckle or something, but its difficult without a human opponent since I have been doing this solo in training mode.
Z-drop pivot metal blade... Yeah, I'm not following. Are you dropping the metal blade right as you are running off the ledge to trump? And then the metal blade hits them when they get trumped?

Yup. Not following.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
If you get the trump, BAir is guaranteed anyway. Curious to what you end up finding. -shrugs-

D

Deleted member

Its not always anyways due to various angles of being trumped. The dropped metal blade just makes it so mistakes like that are prevented, or at least that's what I'm hoping.
BAir, I believe is guaranteed. Specifically, if you time it right. At least, I've had no issues (with all cast members) if I Ledge Trump immediately as they grab the ledge.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
What is ledge trump?
It's when you grab the ledge while your opponent is grabbing it, forcing him off. If you time it right it leads to a guaranteed bair follow-up.

I've been messing around with the technique where you roll toward the ledge (or run toward the ledge and shield), then hold the control stick toward ledge to drop off the stage. When you have Leaf Shield up you can get an instant footstool followup if you get a ledge denial from the leaves.

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
It's when you grab the ledge while your opponent is grabbing it, forcing him off. If you time it right it leads to a guaranteed bair follow-up.

I've been messing around with the technique where you roll toward the ledge (or run toward the ledge and shield), then hold the control stick toward ledge to drop off the stage. When you have Leaf Shield up you can get an instant footstool followup if you get a ledge denial from the leaves.
Wait, if shield is up and you hold towards the ledge won't you roll... Or tilt the shield?

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Wait, if shield is up and you hold towards the ledge won't you roll... Or tilt the shield?
Well, you have to drop the shield, then hold toward ledge. There was a tech video that showed off how this worked a while back but I'm too lazy to look for it right now.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Oh, I took what you said too literally. Lol.

I'll have to try that out, too!

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So, for the bair to be guaranteed after the ledge trump, you need to trump them as soon as they grab the ledge?

I think i've been doing it wrong since my opponents manage to airdodge sometimes, after you trump them, do you need to hold to the side to let go, then immediately jump and bair?

D

Deleted member

Yes. I was looking for some videos of mine where I did it, but couldn't find any (I have a lot of replays) and I had to go to work. But yes, if they grab the ledge, and you grab shortly after, they will be able to air dodge.

If you grab it DIRECTLY after they do, it's guaranteed. The sooner you grab it after them, the better chance you'll have. So it helps to know your opponents recovery. If you are successful, you will be able to BAir when they are in the trump animation, which makes it guaranteed. If you grab it too late after, they will be trumped, but by the time you can act out of grabbing the ledge to do your BAir, they can air-dodge, or they will fall below your BAir.

Characters with no hitboxes on their recovery are easiest to do this to. Pit, RosaLuma, et cetera. In the set I played against Mittenkiss (I shared one of our videos that doesn't include the trump, in the video critique thread), I did it against her Sheik. If Sheik drops low enough and uses her recovery, you can safely bet she will grab the ledge. Knowing that, I ledge trump to BAir, since it can be hard to take on Sheik off-stage.

I typically save trumping for high kill percents, if regular edge-guarding is failing me.

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Yes. I was looking for some videos of mine where I did it, but couldn't find any (I have a lot of replays) and I had to go to work. But yes, if they grab the ledge, and you grab shortly after, they will be able to air dodge.

If you grab it DIRECTLY after they do, it's guaranteed. The sooner you grab it after them, the better chance you'll have. So it helps to know your opponents recovery. If you are successful, you will be able to BAir when they are in the trump animation, which makes it guaranteed. If you grab it too late after, they will be trumped, but by the time you can act out of grabbing the ledge to do your BAir, they can air-dodge, or they will fall below your BAir.

Characters with no hitboxes on their recovery are easiest to do this to. Pit, RosaLuma, et cetera. In the set I played against Mittenkiss (I shared one of our videos that doesn't include the trump, in the video critique thread), I did it against her Sheik. If Sheik drops low enough and uses her recovery, you can safely bet she will grab the ledge. Knowing that, I ledge trump to BAir, since it can be hard to take on Sheik off-stage.

I typically save trumping for high kill percents, if regular edge-guarding is failing me.
And what do u do to wait until they grab the ledge

D

Deleted member

Well, I always harass my opponents offstage. I will use a MB or lemon (if they're close enough) to force them to use their second jump. If they are far enough and it works, then that can sometimes guarantee a ledge trump, since they will recover low.

But it depends on what character I'm fighting.

For characters with hitboxes on their recoveries, after I harass them offstage, and before they get to the ledge, I will shield at the edge, for fear that they might try to recover above the ledge and hit me. Which, if they do, guarantees me a punish. If they sweetspot the ledge, but they hit my shield during recovery, then that means I can't grab the ledge and trump them in time. So I will try to predict the roll or jump (depending on what they've been opting for).
Alternatively, if I know I can't trump them, I use Leaf Shield and shield, to screw up their attempt to sweetspot, grab the ledge, or jump from the ledge, and then if I time it right, I can follow up with a BAir (depending on the recovery).

An example would be this, which I shared in another thread. Duck Hunt's recover is easy to gimp, due to it being quite predictable. I shielded out of habit, but I didn't need to:

For characters without a hitbox, you can literally just stand at the ledge and wait for them to use their recovery -- no need to shield. You know what Rosalina sounds like when she uses hers. So, when you see her coming, just run off and trump. Hers is real easy to time, as is Pit's.

Of course, Sheik can be tough, because you have to know if she will go above the ledge or sweetspot it. If she is deep below, then you can rest assured she will sweetspot it. Otherwise, you might just have to guess or opt not to trump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
Well, I always harass my opponents offstage. I will use a MB or lemon (if they're close enough) to force them to use their second jump. If they are far enough and it works, then that can sometimes guarantee a ledge trump, since they will recover low.

But it depends on what character I'm fighting.

For characters with hitboxes on their recoveries, after I harass them offstage, and before they get to the ledge, I will shield at the edge, for fear that they might try to recover above the ledge and hit me. Which, if they do, guarantees me a punish. If they sweetspot the ledge, but they hit my shield during recovery, then that means I can't grab the ledge and trump them in time. So I will try to predict the roll or jump (depending on what they've been opting for).
Alternatively, if I know I can't trump them, I use Leaf Shield and shield, to screw up their attempt to sweetspot, grab the ledge, or jump from the ledge, and then if I time it right, I can follow up with a BAir (depending on the recovery).

An example would be this, which I shared in another thread. Duck Hunt's recover is easy to gimp, due to it being quite predictable. I shielded out of habit, but I didn't need to:

For characters without a hitbox, you can literally just stand at the ledge and wait for them to use their recovery -- no need to shield. You know what Rosalina sounds like when she uses hers. So, when you see her coming, just run off and trump. Hers is real easy to time, as is Pit's.

Of course, Sheik can be tough, because you have to know if she will go above the ledge or sweetspot it. If she is deep below, then you can rest assured she will sweetspot it. Otherwise, you might just have to guess or opt not to trump.
Great example, would loveto see one of ledge trump

D

Deleted member

Great example, would loveto see one of ledge trump
So, I went through my replays, and couldn't find any. I will try to record one tomorrow, if I have time (dentist appt.). But I did create this gif of another match I did. I did a ledge trump and then a DAir. But it shows timing that you'd need for it to be guaranteed:

Because this is a gfycat, you can actually slow the time down and do frame by frame (I recommend doing it in this).

If you see, I actually use the jumping animation (on accident -- fingers moving too fast) BEFORE she is trumped off the ledge.

Meaning, if my fingers were working properly, You can drop from the ledge and BAir her, instead of what I did.

Again, I will try to record a BAir tomorrow. But this is the timing you need for it to be guaranteed. In this case, after Rosalina did her UAir on me, I knew she'd try to recover, since she used her second jump. Which is why I immediately ran to the ledge to trump her. I tried to do BAir, but I guess I pressed the jump button before I pressed down/away, to drop from the ledge. But I knew she didn't have ledge invincibility, so I just went for the DAir, considering I did it so fast, I was able to almost guarantee a DAir as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sneak Sneaks

Smash Ace
So, I went through my replays, and couldn't find any. I will try to record one tomorrow, if I have time (dentist appt.). But I did create this gif of another match I did. I did a ledge trump and then a DAir. But it shows timing that you'd need for it to be guaranteed:

Because this is a gfycat, you can actually slow the time down and do frame by frame (I recommend doing it in this).

If you see, I actually use the jumping animation (on accident -- fingers moving too fast) BEFORE she is trumped off the ledge.

Meaning, if my fingers were working properly, You can drop from the ledge and BAir her, instead of what I did.

Again, I will try to record a BAir tomorrow. But this is the timing you need for it to be guaranteed. In this case, after Rosalina did her UAir on me, I knew she'd try to recover, since she used her second jump. Which is why I immediately ran to the ledge to trump her. I tried to do BAir, but I guess I pressed the jump button before I pressed down/away, to drop from the ledge. But I knew she didn't have ledge invincibility, so I just went for the DAir, considering I did it so fast, I was able to almost guarantee a DAir as well.
So you need to predict when theyll grab the ledge, that seems tough timing

D

Deleted member

So you need to predict when theyll grab the ledge, that seems tough timing
Of course it is timing based. But you can see your opponent coming to the ledge, so it's not a guess. It's just knowing how to immediately drop to the ledge.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
does uptilting near the ledge work?
Recorded with the best potato i could find.

Against Fox and Falco if they side B onto stage, yes, it works.

Pretty sure it doesn't work on anyone else, and not even on them if they sweetspot the ledge. For up b's that go over the ledge like Kirby's, i guess it could work too if you time it right but in those cases you are better off going for a meteor or something else.

Top Bottom