• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Actual Combos: Starting Mario

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm gonna be working on a list that shows every possibility that will allow you to combo each character. I'll be going down the roster (starting from Mario and moving to the right). Every week that has passed, I'll update with a new character. It'll be on a spreadsheet, so if you can't understand what it is, then let me know.

bigman40

Smash Master
-___-; I wish people would really shut up with that. There are combos in brawl, however they are mainly minuscule. Even though it's not like melee, 2 - 3 hit combos are still useful to know.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Though I do support the idea and look forward to seeing what you can come up with....I just have the feeling you will eventually kill the thread after reusing the same combos on almost all of the cast members.

This has been talked about before, but what I would like to see is a shield grabable moves thread. Listing all of the moves from every character, and at what range they were used on yoshi's shield.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yeah, the same combos might come up, but aside from that point, no one knows really what can combo into what at various percentages.

However, if you ant me to just forget this thread, I certainly can just keep this information to myself.

Metatitan

Smash Master
try at high % just a first hit bair to pivot grab scatty, instead of bair to utilt to pivot grab like we do at low %

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll try out as much as I can think of. If people want me to test other moves, let me know and I'll tell you the frame data for it.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i think its a great idea scatz, yoshi is one of the funnyest and most enjoyable characters in brawl imo. along with Wario and PT. i wish u luck good sir.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
This has been talked about before, but what I would like to see is a shield grabable moves thread. Listing all of the moves from every character, and at what range they were used on yoshi's shield.
Such a thread did exist, though it never really got anywhere. I suppose it could be revived, since a shield grabable move list would be quite helpful, or a new one could be made.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206654

bigman40

Smash Master
If someone want to revive it, they can just post the information in this thread and I'll put it up on the OP. It'll make the boards have less clutter.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Honestly, (not telling you to not make this thread) all the "combos" that yoshi has are usually the same on the whole cast or they don't work 100% of the time and are situational. The only thing that differs is the percentages but, other then that there isn't much difference.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Guys, just give him a chance. It can't do any harm.

Besides, I'm sure new Yoshi players would want this information available for them. Even veteran Yoshi's can go over these updates once in a while.

I'm looking forward to seeing your updates, Scatz. :yoshi:

bigman40

Smash Master
Honestly, (not telling you to not make this thread) all the "combos" that yoshi has are usually the same on the whole cast or they don't work 100% of the time and are situational. The only thing that differs is the percentages but, other then that there isn't much difference.
The "combos" that put opponents into any spinning animation (aka to where they can airdodge to break the stun) are NOT combos. Yoshi has attacks that will work 100% of the time because he has some attacks that doesn't put opponents into that animation (where they have to flip to get control again). I know what I'm talking about when I plan to make a thread. I didn't just throw this out there w/o any thought. I had already started on this subject before I even decided to make this thread (cause I was just gonna keep it to myself).

Edit: and you're right. These actual "combos" are going to be situational cause you will have to stay close to them while they're in stun animation to follow up. Regardless of that, this thread would still be important to know about since if you have the opportunity, you can take advantage of the situation and add maybe 10% - 30%+ if you do it right.

At this point, everyone isn't getting anywhere in finding out the information for frames, killing %s, etc (the technical stuff) since Mmac left. All we've done after he left was rebuild the boards and start placing at more tourneys. Yet, nothing new has came here....We're not advancing much of his potential if we;re at a ****ing standstill cause no one wants to put work into the technical stuff that we don't know about.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Are you asking for us to post combos ? Or are you gonna list em' yourself?

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm gonna list them myself, but if you have anything that you would like for me to check (like within a day) you can post it here so that I can get it done.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Umm, at low percents you can do a bair into a foward tilt into a down tilt, or a double jab into a foward tilt into a down tilt.. Not sure if they have to di badly or not but it usually works for me at low percents on most chars.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The "combos" that put opponents into any spinning animation (aka to where they can airdodge to break the stun) are NOT combos. Yoshi has attacks that will work 100% of the time because he has some attacks that doesn't put opponents into that animation (where they have to flip to get control again). I know what I'm talking about when I plan to make a thread. I didn't just throw this out there w/o any thought. I had already started on this subject before I even decided to make this thread (cause I was just gonna keep it to myself).

Edit: and you're right. These actual "combos" are going to be situational cause you will have to stay close to them while they're in stun animation to follow up. Regardless of that, this thread would still be important to know about since if you have the opportunity, you can take advantage of the situation and add maybe 10% - 30%+ if you do it right.

At this point, everyone isn't getting anywhere in finding out the information for frames, killing %s, etc (the technical stuff) since Mmac left. All we've done after he left was rebuild the boards and start placing at more tourneys. Yet, nothing new has came here....We're not advancing much of his potential if we;re at a ****ing standstill cause no one wants to put work into the technical stuff that we don't know about.
At this point, everyone isn't getting anywhere in finding out the information for frames, killing %s, etc (the technical stuff) since Mmac left.
since Mmac left.
WHAT!? When did this happen!? o_O

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mmac has been gone since like beginning of January or longer.

He moved to the US we think and hasn't been able to get back on yet.

Drakkhonian

Smash Rookie
If Mmac just moved he might still be out of internet, or maybe he left a message to someone saying he really quit.

Anyway, back to topic: Maybe double jab to Ftilt to Ftilt? (it works at low percentages, I think:ohwell:)

love ya! (PS: not the most creative real combo creator here)

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Scatz you do what you feel is right, and i promise you i will look at them and try it, maybe i can pull these combos off and help me with my game i cant really think of any combos i may have done in a fight, especialy because i mostly got them from you like the Rising Dair to Nair, then the one about Bair to Uair, the one jab to down B, and others that concern utilting but anyways Scatz ill be sure to test them out once posted and i know it will great me help me ^_^

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Mmac has been gone since like beginning of January or longer.

He moved to the US we think and hasn't been able to get back on yet.
Wow...

Well, I did start my 2-month hiatus at the end of December, so I guess it's understandable that I didn't know...

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, some silly combos i found (tested on mario actually :p)

Low Angle Ftilt x2 -> Fsmash (32%!)

Dash Attack-> Jab x2 (18%)

SHFF Nair-> Ftilt -> (step forward about as little as possible) Fsmash (37%!)

Ftilt-> low Ftilt-> Utilt (28%) ~OR~ Usmash (33%) ~OR~ Egg Lay (24%, but leads to more stuffs!)
~~ From egg lay-> Bair -> Ftilt (32-34% depending on Low, High or Neutral)
~~ ->Dair(following it up/down) (35%)
~~ ->Egg toss->Dash Attack ~OR~ Egg Roll (33%)
(Note, must be very close for the tilts)

Ftilt (close range, no tipper stuff) -> Yoshi Bomb (28%)

Top Bottom