• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Link's Metagame Thread (Informative Quotes Can Be Found in the OP)

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Anyway, I'll just say for now that I probably would have really appreciated this idea earlier on in smash 4 when I was still transitioning from Brawl, just because of all the airdodging into the ground I used to do when I was intending to land and immediately shield something.
I'm really glad you mentioned this, since I know I'm still struggling with this as a beginner-intermediate player, in addition to airdodging out of hitstun into the ground when trying to tech. Anyone have suggestions, or is it just a timing thing?

D

Deleted member

I'm really glad you mentioned this, since I know I'm still struggling with this as a beginner-intermediate player, in addition to airdodging out of hitstun into the ground when trying to tech. Anyone have suggestions, or is it just a timing thing?
I mean, there is the FFAB (Fast Fall Arial Buffer) thing that I posted yesterday which makes it easier. If not, then you're just gonna have to time it. Also you can pretty easily A-land as Link thanks to his Uair which is the mechanic that FFAB builds on.
And yes, that is shameless self promotion at it's best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
This is my impression of Link post patch.
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-3-patch-notes.425921/

The bad:
Dair getting a ground only hitbox takes away some combos like Bomb thrown down>footstool>Dair lock>Fsmash.

The good: Link got significant buffs to one area he needed them: killing.

His up launching Dsmash1 now hits at a steeper angle and harder. Fsmash 2 also hits slightly harder. These aren't huge but Link gets better reward on hit.

UpB links hits better. Consider the implications with Link's Dthrow; he has one more option to chase opponents in the air and possibly kill. IDK how escapable it is but I have had much better success landing every hit. This also buffs Link's intercepting game; he can SH Dair/Fair/Nair offstage then upB to the ledge (or past it) for a significant wall of pain offstage.

Fair got massive power buffs. The damage for both hits is improved and the BKB for hit 1 is doubled. Bomb>Fair 1 kills almost as early as Toon Link's (both hit frame 14 btw). Killing at a lower % means Fair is easier to chain from bombs/Dthrow/Dtilt because the opponent is launched closer. Considering how safe Fair is (good shield stun, range, cuts 2 times to catch dodges, 12 frames landing lag) this is significant.

It's like adding .5 to each MU where the opponent wasn't also buffed.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
One thing we lose by switching from c-stick to a-stick is the ability to easily do F-smash backwards directly out of a run.
It is already known that one way to make this easier is to use A+B instead of just hitting attack, and I decided to get the frame data explaining why.

If you want to F-smash backwards directly out of a run or the later frames of a dash with just attack and the joystick, then assuming that hitting the joystick backwards counts as the first frame (which I'll use for the remainder of this post), you must hit attack on the 2nd frame and you have to continue to hold the joystick backwards till the F-smash begins its animation on the 5th frame. Hitting attack on the first frame, i.e. the same frame as the joystick input, will give you a dash attack, while hitting it on the 3rd frame or any later will give you a F-tilt.

Then there's the A+B method. If you hit A and B on the same frame (continuing to hold the joystick input as always) you can input it anywhere between frames 2 and 13. Moreover there is a period between frames 2 and 4 where you can press A by itself then B without having to hit them on the same frame, and it will still F-smash (this does not work for B then A). So your options in this small period are hitting A on frame 2 then B on frames 2 , 3 or 4, hitting A on frame 3 then hitting B on frames 3 or 4, or otherwise hitting A and B on the same frame. I'd advise you to aim for frame 2 or 3 (very quick) and try to hit A and B on the same frame, if not hit A ever so slightly earlier, and you should be able to F-smash backwards consistently.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to incoroporate a-landing in my Link play more as well. Its not the hardest tech in the world but pressing it too early means your getting an up-air and caught in a ton of lag and pressing it too late (c-stick being used) means you throw out an u-tilt or up-smash and get caught in lag as well.

I think a very useful application is the ability for landing with up-air to let you pick up items as well. If you have a bomb planted you can pick it up before you reach ground and are able to move away or toss it with all the frame-wise benefits of a-landing.

Or if you're playing aerial footsies with a ROB or a diddy you can a-land on top of their item and take it as a sort of bait (they're typically ready to go in and convert when someone is about to land on their item) and then punish them with their own object.

I think there are lots of instances where I (a bad link in this scenario) would get launched by my opponent and land with a tech roll or a bomb pull when the both of those options would be less safe than a-landing into ground movement.

D

Deleted member

I've been trying to incoroporate a-landing in my Link play more as well. Its not the hardest tech in the world but pressing it too early means your getting an up-air and caught in a ton of lag and pressing it too late (c-stick being used) means you throw out an u-tilt or up-smash and get caught in lag as well.

I think a very useful application is the ability for landing with up-air to let you pick up items as well. If you have a bomb planted you can pick it up before you reach ground and are able to move away or toss it with all the frame-wise benefits of a-landing.

Or if you're playing aerial footsies with a ROB or a diddy you can a-land on top of their item and take it as a sort of bait (they're typically ready to go in and convert when someone is about to land on their item) and then punish them with their own object.

I think there are lots of instances where I (a bad link in this scenario) would get launched by my opponent and land with a tech roll or a bomb pull when the both of those options would be less safe than a-landing into ground movement.
If you hold down or diagonally down it will FF and my that you preform with the C-stick. this means that you can use a FF Uair and have it's 10 frames of auto cancel spread out over a longer area, thus making it easier. But I also think it means there will be 4 frames of landing lag as you are doing a FF. Other then that you've just got to practice it.

D

Deleted member

So I've seen a lot of people saying Link can't block Clouds projectile with his Hylian shield so I'm just gonna burts that myth right now for anyone who doesn't already know. Link can at any distance shield Clouds projectile by crouching or walking and if Link is close enough to cloud Link will also be able to shield it simply by standing. Also some times Link can shield it by standing on a distance as well, and other times he get's hit. I'm not sure what that is deciding this though, could have something to do with Links idle animation as he's not really standing still even when standing still... Though his Limit break projectile still can't be blocked...

Not sure why so many missed this but I guess it's just a thing that people do when there's a new character out and no one really know's what to do with him. Anyways, I'm sure most of you had realized this by now but if someone still didn't know, well now they do. As it stands, Link has no reason to fear a non Limit break projectile from cloud. Even the short hop one can simply be ducked under, so yeah. That's it... [Insert ending of your own choice].

emefcue

Smash Cadet
I have to say that I love how link is in this latest patch. The best part is his stronger forward air and his up B. Seriously, his up b is so much better, it feels how it should havr a long time ago. You can start the move up and the hit boxes are active at the points which seem intuitive. This, along with up B keeping the opponent and drawn toward the center better, have made reverse up B a fantastic kill option off stage.

anaglyphix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Glyph
3DS FC
3669-0309-2018
So I've seen a few videos where people have been able to drop/aerial throw down a bomb at the ledge, and have it hit the ground right as the opponent is recovering. I'm not sure if anyone has been able to intentionally reproduce this, or if it only works on certain stages/what stages it works on, but what if someone were to just stand at the ledge and do a selfharming standing dthrow? sure you'd take some damage, but wouldn't that be worth it for the kill?

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So I doubt this is new stuff but I figured I'd just ask are:
https://youtu.be/WVqCiaa9IQs
https://youtu.be/z7zKsrZubpQ
Are these Arrow Lock combos viable/make BF a better choice for Link over say DL64 or overall. I've been able to get off the down Throw one a couple times on Another's though I haven't figured out an optimal punish. Also the 2nd one seems to kill but I can't confirm if they're locked til kill percent. Theory: after testing the down Throw arrow lock, it seems you can shift forward a bit after shooting the arrow. This seems to allow me to safely get an up Smash off and does a sizable amount of damage and Setups up for an up air juggle.

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
The downthrow arrow lock at the right %'s below the platform seems interesting because you can cover all options with the arrow even if they tech the throw on the platform. You can charge to adjust for timing if they tech in place or tech roll. Then the arrow will push them off the platform (slide animation) and you can land and shoot another arrow to lock them on the stage floor.

Tech roll behind you could be problematic but you could potentially find positions where you can jump back and arrow to cover it. But then the arrow might not be strong enough to push them all the way off the platform and force them into a lock situation again.

You'll need to know what %'s for the cast force them onto the platform though. I can lab some of this up today to see.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
The downthrow arrow lock at the right %'s below the platform seems interesting because you can cover all options with the arrow even if they tech the throw on the platform. You can charge to adjust for timing if they tech in place or tech roll. Then the arrow will push them off the platform (slide animation) and you can land and shoot another arrow to lock them on the stage floor.

Tech roll behind you could be problematic but you could potentially find positions where you can jump back and arrow to cover it. But then the arrow might not be strong enough to push them all the way off the platform and force them into a lock situation again.

You'll need to know what %'s for the cast force them onto the platform though. I can lab some of this up today to see.
I'd say it works roughly around 40%(in general) and in DL64 its closer to 50% though it has a decently big window before it becomes unreliable. Down Throw to air works pretty consistently in my time using it practically.

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
So I doubt this is new stuff but I figured I'd just ask are:
https://youtu.be/WVqCiaa9IQs
https://youtu.be/z7zKsrZubpQ
Are these Arrow Lock combos viable/make BF a better choice for Link over say DL64 or overall. I've been able to get off the down Throw one a couple times on Another's though I haven't figured out an optimal punish. Also the 2nd one seems to kill but I can't confirm if they're locked til kill percent. Theory: after testing the down Throw arrow lock, it seems you can shift forward a bit after shooting the arrow. This seems to allow me to safely get an up Smash off and does a sizable amount of damage and Setups up for an up air juggle.
The coolest thing I found with this was actually combining the two. Here's the situation (I'm too lazy to film it sorry, plus it's like 5am). Let's say you're edgeguarding on battlefield, align yourself nearest to the edge of the platform, you can cover jump with nair, roll with up-tilt or up-smash, and most importantly neutral get up or get up attack with grab. Now if the opponent is at appropriate percent and does one of the latter get ups, you can down throw to arrow lock and during the lock they will fall off the platform, then of course lock again with an arrow and kill with forward smash. obviously this requires them missing two techs, or teching in place for the first tech, so it's not hugely viable. It can also be pretty funny (against a bad player) to chain this, that is instead of forward smashing at the end, just regrab and repeat--this is obviously not useful in competitive play though.

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to get my neutral game with bomb in hand a lot better and I've been hitting lots of people with jump-in downwards angle boomerang with bomb in hand. It works as a mixup because people don't expect a hitbox to come out in those in between angles (down-towards or up-towards) when you have a bomb in hand (because bomb can only be tossed up/down/left/right).

Also in matchups where your opponent has a reflector they're gonna be favoring it as an option when you have bomb in hand. Picking boomerang though gives them little to no reward for picking reflector, reflected boomerang is only gonna windbox back at you.

Plus there are mad confirms if your landing/jump in boomerang is well spaced horizontally.

At like the 40-70% range on the cast you can true combo Boomerang to FH forward bomb toss to DJ Dair and get the spike hitbox.
The boomerang to bomb will do some work carrying your opponent to the corner too so you can get a guaranteed dair spike into the abyss from spots that are pretty far away from the corner.
Against some members of the cast it will pretty hard to get the bomb into spike, because the bomb will hit your opponent the opposite way due to hurtbox shennanigans. But there are %-ranges where this will work on anyone and its pretty flashy and hype. The hard part is really getting the well spaced boomerang starter but if you know your %'s it could lead to a very early stock.

Boomerang to bomb to fair will work at similar percent ranges and is a great option to go for if you're not feeling confident in your spike due to spacing or you're midscreen and you're confident your opponent would tech the dair.

At higher percents, say at 70%+ a jump in boomerang can yield you Boomerang -> FH forward bomb to DJ Up-B. This also has serious kill potential at the percents where it connects.

At even higher percents you should just forego the bomb and just do boomerang to jump up-B. There is the potential for your bomb to blow up mid up-b animation though and ruin your kill confirm so be wary of that. Also at %'s these high your opponent is more likely to fall out of the up-b.

Also when your opponent has 0% you can always get a footstool off of a well spaced boomerang jump in. You used to be able to get dair locks off of this before 1.1.3 but now it seems like any follow up is pretty impractical.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So I've been labbing quite a bit with max rage, and these are some of my findings:
-Dtilt to up b kills Sheik at 30% off the top of Dreamland
-Bomb to up b kills Sheik at 75% off the top of Battlefield
-Uthrow kills Sheik at 85% off the top of Dreamland
-Sweetspot Dsmash (uncharged) kills Sheik at 60% off the top platform of Battlefield

There's a lot more to come. And yes, these combos are in fact true since I had someone to help me lab. DI was also taken into account.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Has anyone done ledge trump to Spin Attack? It seems a lot more reliable as of the recent patch and kills lots of characters in the 70% to 85% range. It seems to be true from a regular trump if buffered fast enough and definitely true after a tether trump.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Has anyone done ledge trump to Spin Attack? It seems a lot more reliable as of the recent patch and kills lots of characters in the 70% to 85% range. It seems to be true from a regular trump if buffered fast enough and definitely true after a tether trump.
I actually like this, my question is, why Spin Attack over Dair?

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
I mean Regular trump to dair doesn't work and will result in your own death guaranteed
Tether trump to dair is guaranteed but still a play you have to be very confident in as the window is tight.

Trump (regular or tether) to Spin attack though has a much more generous window and way less risky as you can simply DI back to the ledge. Why potentially risk your own death with Dair when your opponent is already at 80-100% and could be killed be Spin Attack anyway.

I think Spin Attack is a great edgeguarding tool when on ledge and you can really trap people into your spin attack with projectiles. Its a good option from trump and something you should always consider from ledge too.

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this was mentioned before but I could be wrong. With respect to Scizor's combo (the bomb footstool nair lock to dair stuff) I believe it can be ever so slightly optimized. As far as I can tell, you can re-lock with an arrow after the nair giving an extra four percent and still allowing the dair bounce to whatever. This may only work on larger characters in the cast

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
So this took longer than expected. Here's hoping they don't change D-throw...

The following is very self explanatory (which is why I'm about to explain it XD). It is all you'll ever need to know about D-throw follow ups in relation to all of your opponent's relevant options at 10% intervals for every character. (I'll keep this post updated as more DLC characters become available).

I am only interested in guaranteed followups out of D-throw. Therefore I will not be mentioning any punishes you could potentially get out of reads. You can figure that stuff out for yourself.

You'll notice that beside the name of each character there is a rating out of 5. This is a rough estimate to let you know how good/bad D-throw is in that particular MU. So a 5/5 means they get destroyed, and a 0/5 means that nothing is ever guaranteed. The ratings are the most inaccurate thing about this post as I added them just then as I was doing a quick proof-read. I'll review them later, but if you spot any that are particularly off when compared to another character, feel free to PM me.

Inside the spoiler for each character you will find another spoiler which essentially states in a simplified form what I believe should be used (in terms of damage given and reliability) at the given percents. Note that what is in the second spoiler will not necessarily be guaranteed and is merely what is advised.
I will be lenient toward doing e.g. U-tilt follow-ups if the only means of escaping it are very difficult and there is no chance of you being punished for it, and I will still advise the use of FH Nair where the only way to escape it is to DI behind Link (because Link will not be in great danger of punishment and there is still the possibility of hitting the opponent with another Nair just before you land if they have airdodge landing lag). I will advise to go for FH Uairs even when they are not strictly guaranteed and you have to follow DI, and even when it is possible to avoid them by DIing away, simply because there is no real risk of punishment as FH Uair is lagless. I will however be strict on U-smash and Dash U-smash, only saying it should be used when it is guaranteed. Aerial Up-B is a tricky one because it does great damage but it is less reliable, so I will combine it with another option where I believe it is necessary or I will leave it out entirely for being too unreliable.
Keep in mind that each percent given represents a segment, so 10% to 20% doesn't necessarily just mean 10%, 11% .... 19% and 20%, it could in fact, for all you know, mean 1% to 29%, but a more prudent estimate would be 5% to 25%. So bare that in mind.
Use the second spoiler merely as a quick reference and feel free to make your own minds up about what options you will use given the information provided.

Note that for the sake of keeping things concise, if I don't mention it, assume it isn't an option for one reason or another. Later on I become more strict on D-throw to U-smash for example, such that if it isn't guaranteed I won't mention it, because that is something we don't want to miss. Earlier on I was a tad more detailed (i.e. messy), partly to explain what I would later refer to only briefly, partly because I was still unsure of what the finished product would look like, and partly because at that stage I still had no idea how long it would take.

I have assumed frame perfect inputs taking advantage of buffering from both players, but at the same time, in places, especially where there is no buffer window, I have been realistic and specifically mentioned that something needs to be frame perfect to emphasize the fact that mistakes can be made.

The following is of course tested in training mode so rage and staleness play no role. (Note the post I made earlier about staleness.)

Mario: 1.5/5
0% to 20%: Don't D-throw.
30% to 50%: U-tilt.
60% to 70%: FH Nair.
80% to beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Opponent DI does nothing.
Mario can Nair or Up-B you before you can do any attacks. You get nothing guaranteed.
Dash away or shield or don't d-throw at all.

10%: From this point DI is a thing.
With no DI, Mario's Nair, Up-B, airdodge and DJ will come out, but they will not be quick enough to stop Link from getting an U-tilt.
DIing away from Link (i.e. in the direction Link is facing) only makes matters worse for Mario.
DIing behind Link will allow Mario to airdodge U-tilt or B-reverse an Up-B to hit Link. Turning around to U-tilt in this case will only help if you are literally frame perfect, so I won't be bothering much with that sort of thing.

20%: As above.

30%: As above except that DIing behind Link will no longer help to avoid U-tilt even if Link doesn't turn around.

40%: As above except that U-smash is now unavoidable in most scenarios whereas before Mario could Nair and trade.
Mario can avoid U-smash by DIing behind Link and airdodging or DJing, assuming that Link doesn't turn around U-smash, in which case only DJ will help.

50%: As above except that U-tilt will stop working if Mario DI's away and DJ's, and U-smash will stop working too if you don't dash forwards slightly to follow the DI.

60%: As above except that U-tilt will not work, and U-smash will not work if Mario DI's upwards. However FH Nair works except when the opponent DI's behind Link and airdodges.

70%: Nothing except FH Nair works as indicated above.

80%: FH to immediate aerial Up-B works though you have to be very precise otherwise Mario can airdodge. Mario's Nair trades with our FH Nair.
From this percent on-wards you should be doing D-throw to U-air as it will beat every option Mario has if used correctly, e.g. following DI and fast falling if necessary to get the lingering hitbox to beat airdodges; it is not guaranteed on Mario strictly speaking at any percent though.

90%: FH immediate aerial Up-B still works. It may be safer to attempt U-airs though.

100%: Aerial Up-B no longer works.

Beyond, use U-airs.

Luigi: 0/5
0% to 10%: Don't D-throw.
20% to 40%: U-tilt.
70% to beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Luigi can Nair you to trade with U-tilt or he can avoid the U-tilt with airdodge or DJ.

10%: Luigi can avoid U-tilt only by airdodging with no DI, otherwise he can DI behind Link and DJ away.

20%: Avoiding U-tilt is only possible if Luigi DI's behind Link.

30%: As above.

40%: As above.

50%: Even with no DI, nothing works.

From around 70% start attempting U-airs, but they are not guaranteed.

Peach: 2/5
0%: Don't D-throw.
10% to 30%: U-tilt.
0%: Peach can DJ out.

10%: Peach is unable to avoid the U-tilt.

30%: As above except now U-smash is an option too. Without DI the first hit cannot be avoided, but then it may have trouble linking into the other hits. If Peach DI's behind Link and DJ's she can avoid the U-smash.

40%: As above only now U-tilt no longer reaches high enough.

50%: Nothing works as now even U-smash doesn't reach high enough and Nair is too slow.

70%: Start attempting FH U-airs, but they are not guaranteed. It is technically possible to get an aerial Up-B to connect but it is very precise and probably not worth going for.

80%: Peach cannot avoid FH U-air, so just follow her DI. You will not need to dash anywhere first; if she DI's away from Link, just FH in that direction and buffer the U-air out of the jump-squat frames with A-stick. Note that when buffering the FH out of the D-throw you must not hit the A-stick Up too early otherwise you'll just get an U-tilt.

90%: As above.

100%: Peach can airdodge the U-air, but you can still hit with the lingering hitbox.

Beyond, as above. If Peach is within reach, airdodge will be the only option she has as everything else comes out significantly slower by this stage. You should get the lingering U-air hitbox at least. Feel free to DJ where necessary.

Bowser: 0/5
D-throw is only good for getting Bowser above you without a DJ. To that end, accounting for airdodge being useless as an option to avoid subsequent follow-ups:
20% to 60%: U-tilt.
80% to beyond: FH Uairs, though be wary of ballsy Dairs and Down-B's even if you have lagless landings.
0%: Bowser can airdodge or DJ behind Link to avoid U-tilt. U-smash will catch airdodge but not DJ.

10%: As above except now no DI is required for Bowser to simply DJ to avoid everything.

50%: As above.

60%: Bowser can no longer avoid U-tilt with airdodge, but can still avoid U-tilt and U-smash with DJ without DI.

70%: U-tilt is out of range. So lol, D-throw to U-tilt never works on Bowser. And DJ still avoids U-smash, and it also avoids FH Nair.

80%: You may as well start going for U-airs. Nothing is guaranteed. Bowser can DJ or Airdodge to avoid it, but FH U-air autocancels so it's pretty safe. Depending on whether Bowser DJ's or airdodges will depend on whether you want to FH Uair or DJ Uair.

100%: As above.

Beyond, as above. It doesn't get any better. Bowser is thoroughly immune.

Yoshi: 1/5
40%: U-tilt.
0%: Yoshi's DJ and Nair say no.

10%: As above.

20%: And here things get interesting. U-tilt will hit Yoshi if he tries to airdodge or DJ, but then the heavy armor on DJ means that Yoshi can take the hit and then Down-B to hit us before we can shield. So as far as I'm concerned, DJ says no.

40%: U-tilt and U-smash will connect before DJ can come out, but then they can be avoided entirely if Yoshi DI's behind Link and DJ's.

50%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range.

60%: U-smash now out of range too. Nothing works.

70%: As above.

80%: You may as well start going for U-airs. U-air will eat through the DJ heavy armor and Yoshi's DJ isn't good for escaping anything, so he really just has airdodge or perhaps Nair to trade if you get too close.

90%: Yoshi only has airdodge to avoid FH U-air. DI will not help if you FH towards them.

Beyond, as above.

Rosalina: 3/5
Assuming Luma is unable to interfere:
10%: U-tilt.
20% to 30%: U-smash.
40%. FH Nair.
50% to 60%: Aerial Up-B.
0%: Luma will hit you if it's nearby, otherwise she can just DJ out.

10%: If Rosalina is by herself, then U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash is almost unavoidable insofar as DJ will not be able to avoid the first hit but then the second hit will get messed up and allow Rosalina an opportunity to escape, and airdodge will only dodge the first two hits before landing and getting hit by the third strike. Otherwise Luma will either hit you or get hit by U-tilt/U-smash which will delay it long enough for her to get away.
You can try to grab Rosalina toward the end of the grab and instantly D-throw to separate her from Luma even if it's still alive, otherwise just hit it away first.

20%: As above except now U-smash is also unavoidable when Rosalina is by herself.

40%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range, U-smash can be finicky because of the second hit not connecting, but FH Nair is now unavoidable (when Luma isn't nearby to hit you).

50%: FH to immediate Aerial Up-B is now unavoidable. However U-smash is now out of range and FH Nair no longer works.

60%: As above.

70%: As above except FH U-air is also unavoidable now. (DI will not avoid Aerial Up-B or U-air if you jump towards them.)

80%: Rosalina can airdodge Aerial Up-B now, but not Uair.

100%: Rosalina can airdodge U-air, but if you follow her DI the lingering hitbox will still hit.

Beyond, as above.

Bowser Jr.: 0.5/5
20% to 50%: U-tilt.
70% to 90%: FH Nair.
100% to beyond FH Uair.
0%: Bowser Jr. ('BJ') can airdodge or DJ behind Link to avoid U-tilt. U-smash will catch airdodge (because of the third strike) but not DJ.

10%: As above except that U-smash will now catch both airdodge and DJ. In order to escape the U-smash BJ must DJ and immediately airdodge or DI the D-throw behind Link and DJ away.

20%: As above except that U-tilt and U-smash are now only avoidable if BJ DI's the D-throw behind Link.

60%: As above except that BJ can avoid U-tilt by DIing anywhere away from Link.

70%: As above except that U-tilt is now out of range even with no DI. FH Nair is now only avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJing.

80%: U-smash is now out of range, and FH Nair is now unavoidable.

100%: Nair is avoidable. Technically FH immediate Aerial Up-B is a thing, but from this point on you should be trying U-airs and following BJ's drifting to get the sourspot.

Beyond, only Uairs, nothing guaranteed.

Wario: 1.5/5
70%: FH Nair.
0%: Wario can Nair us before we can hit with U-tilt, or he can airdodge or he can DJ to instant airdodge.

10%: As above except that Wario's Nair trades now.

20%: Wario can only avoid U-tilt if he DI's the D-throw behind Link (and DJ's or airdodges).

30%: Wario can only avoid U-tilt and U-smash if he DI's the D-throw behind Link.

40%: As above except U-tilt is now unavoidable regardless of DI.

60%: As above except U-tilt is avoidable by DIing D-throw away or behind Link.

70%: As above except that FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing the D-throw behind Link.

80%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range and FH to immediate Aerial Up-B is technically a thing now but must be done perfectly. At this point go for Uairs only.

90%: As above except Nair is no longer a thing.

100%: Aerial Up-B no longer works.

DK: 2.5/5
70%: U-smash.
80%: FH Nair.
90% to beyond FH Uair.
0%: DK can airdodge or DJ to avoid U-tilt.

20%: DK can DJ to avoid U-tilt, but with no DI airdodge will not work.

40%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is unavoidable in its entirety with no DI (airdodge and Up-B can avoid the first hit), but can be avoided if the D-throw is DI'd behind Link.

50%: As above except the first swing of U-smash cannot be avoided anymore where there is no DI, though the move can still be avoided by DIing behind Link.

70%: U-smash and FH Nair are now unavoidable regardless of DI, and U-tilt can be avoided by DIing the D-throw away either in front or behind Link.

80%: U-tilt is out of range, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away from Link (dashing forwards briefly will not help). FH Nair is still unavoidable if you follow the DI though

90%: As above only now U-smash is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now technically a thing. Consider using Uair over Nair at this point even though Nair is guaranteed still as the sourspot of Uair does more damage.

100%: Nair and Up-B can be avoided with DI away. From this point only use Uairs.

Diddy: 4/5
0% to 20%: U-tilt.
30% to 50%: U-smash.
50% to 60%: Consider FH Bair to Aerial Up-B if the DI is right.
60% to 70%: Dash U-smash.
80% to 100%: Aerial Up-B or FH Uair.
Beyond, FH Uair.
0%: The only way for Diddy to avoid U-tilt is to DJ then immediately airdodge. DJ will get hit and airdodge will avoid it initially but then get hit by the latter frames of U-tilt when Diddy lands. Trying to hit Link with an aerial is too slow.

10%: U-tilt can only be avoided by DIing the D-throw behind Link and airdodging into the ground. We cannot punish the airdodge into the ground if it was used to dodge an U-tilt.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is only avoidable by DIing away and airdodging or DIing behind Link and DJing then immediately airdodging.

30%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable regardless of DI as well.

50%: As above except FH Nair is now also unavoidable regardless of DI. Also FH Bair is only avoidable if Diddy DI's away in front of Link, which can then combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair.

60%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can now be avoided by DIing the D-throw away or behind Link (unless Link dashes briefly before the U-smash).

70%: As above except that FH immediate Aerial Up-B is unavoidable now too. FH Bair is still possible, but it now needs to be delayed slightly, not buffered out of the jump-squat frames, only now nothing combos out of it.

80%: As above except U-tilt is now completely out of range, and U-smash hits at the very tip, causing the opponent to be able to escape, so consider it out of range from this point onward as well. All you have is Nair, Bair and Up-B, all of which should be delayed slightly to hit the higher opponent. From this point onward you should also consider using Uair. It will never be guaranteed, but the only option Diddy has is to airdodge, which can be easily caught with the sourspot Uair.

100%: Nair and Bair no longer work. Only Up-B is guaranteed. Uair as always remains a good option by this stage.

Beyond, FH Uairs, nothing technically guaranteed but it's as good as guaranteed in the right hands.

Mr. G&W: 4.5/5
0% to 10%: U-tilt.
40%: FH Nair.
50% to beyond: FH Uair.
0%: GW can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge, and airdodge. If GW airdodges into the ground, this can be punished with a turn around U-tilt (if you don't turn around it can be powershielded) or even better you can just buffer a grounded Up-B without needing to turn it around.
Technically it can also be avoided with Oil Panic but it won't hit Link so whatever. Because GW has Oil Panic which is a frame 2 move than is invulnerable from frame 1 through to 6, it is especially important to only go for guaranteed follow ups when GW has it fully charged, otherwise don't use options that need to get in his face. I will not mention it again because I refuse to fill it up every time I test something.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is almost unavoidable too in that U-smash will catch DJ and the third strike will hit an airdodge attempt unless GW DI's behind Link.

20%: As above except that DIing behind Link will not help avoid the U-smash anymore.

30%: As above except now the first hit of U-smash is completely unavoidable regardless of DI as well.

40%: U-tilt is out of range and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, however now FH Nair is unavoidable and FH Bair is possible if they don't DI away in front of Link.

50%: Nothing is guaranteed. May as well go for Uair as GW can only avoid it with airdodge.

70%: FH Uair (A-stick up during the jump-squat frames) is unavoidable.

80%: As above.

Beyond, FH Uairs. DJ if necessary.

Lil Mac: 5/5
0%: Don't use D-throw.
10% to 20%: U-tilt.
40%: Consider FH Bair to Aerial Up-B.
60% to 70%: Dash U-smash.
0%: Mac can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge, airdodge, Nair, or Up-B.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is barely unavoidable but only if Mac DI's behind Link then DJ's and immediately airdodges.

30%: As above except now U-smash is also unavoidable.

40%: As above except now FH Nair is also unavoidable. FH Bair is only avoidable by DIing away from link in front of him, and it will combo into DJ Bair or Aerial Up-B for big damage.

50%: As above except you won't be comboing out of Bair anymore.

60%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front and behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing in front of Link if Link doesn't dash forwards slightly first. Also Aerial Up-B is now unavoidable.

70%: As above except now FH Uair is unavoidable. Also you need to delay Bair slightly if you want it to hit.

80%: As above except now U-tilt and U-smash are now out of range.

90%: As above except Bair and Nair won't work.

Beyond, Up-B stops working. Only Uair works.

Dark Link: 2.5/5
60%: U-smash.
70%: Dash U-smash of FH Nair.
80%: FH Nair or Aerial Up-B.
90% to beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Dark Link can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge, and airdodge. The airdodge into the ground cannot be punished if it was used to avoid an U-tilt.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link

30%: U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJing.

60%: U-smash and FH Nair are now unavoidable. FH Bair can only be avoided by DIing away infront of Link. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away or behind Link.

70%: As above except now U-smash is avoidable by DIing away or behind Link if Link doesn't Dash in the direction of Dark Link's DI briefly first.

80%: As above except now U-tilt and U-smash are out of range (U-smash can barely nick with the tip of the first swing but then they'll escape). Also Aerial Up-B is unavoidable. And Bair no longer works.

90%: Nothing works anymore. (Nair and Up-B stop working.) Go for Uairs.

Beyond, Uair only. Nothing guaranteed.

Zelda: 2.5/5
0% to 30%: U-tilt.
40%: U-smash.
50%: FH Nair.
60% to 70%: Aerial Up-B.
80% to beyond, FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: Zelda can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge only. If she does just a DJ the U-tilt will hit. If she does just an airdodge the lag will mean she cannot avoid the next U-tilt (but will be able to shield an U-smash). If she does neutral special to avoid the first U-tilt it won't hit Link and she'll be open to being hit by anything you want. (I won't bother testing neutral special from this point.)

10%: Zelda can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, which can then be punished with a turn around U-smash among other things. Just doing another U-tilt however will be powershielded. Personally I'd just go for a buffered grounded Up-B, no need to turn it around, easy, no risk.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash can only be avoided with a frame perfect DJ to airdodge.

30%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link and DJing.

40%: U-smash and FH Nair are now unavoidable and U-tilt is out of range. FH bair is possible if they don't DI away in front of Link but you won't get any followups so I won't bother testing it from this point.

50%: As above except U-smash is now out of range too.

60%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option.

70%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

80%: FH Uair is unavoidable. Aerial Up-B no longer works.

90%: FH Uair can only be avoided by DIing away from Link. Dash forwards briefly first if this happens so that you can at least catch the airdodge.

Beyond, Uair only.

Sheik: 2.5/5
40%: U-smash.
50% to 70%: FH Nair.
0%: Sheik can avoid U-tilt by trading with Nair. Nothing else will help avoid it though.

10%: U-tilt can only be avoided by DIing behind Link and airdodging into the ground (which can technically be punished by a turn around Jab before Sheik can shield if you're good enough).

20%: As above except now the airdodge can be punished by a turn around U-tilt.

30%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

40%: As above except U-smash is unavoidable now too.

50%: FH Nair is unavoidable now. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away either in front of or behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. FH Bair is a thing if Sheik DI's behind you, but then there are no followups.

60%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range.

70%: As above except U-smash is now out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

80%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. You may as well go for U-airs at this point as Sheik is off the ground for long enough to allow you to FF after the Uair is airdodged and still get the punish.

Beyond, Uair only.

Ganon: 1.5/5
0% to 50%: U-tilt.
80% to 100%: Aerial Up-B if you want to risk it. I wouldn't.
Beyond, FH Uair.
0%: The only way for Ganon to avoid U-tilt is to DJ then airdodge. U-smash can be avoided in the same way or by hitting Link with Uair.

10%: As above except just airdodge will avoid U-tilt as well now.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI.

40%: As above except U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link.

50%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

60%: As above except FH Nair can only be avoided by DJing.

70%: As above except FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing away from Link and DJing away. Also U-tilt is now out of range.

80%: As above except U-smash is now out of range. Aerial Up-B is an option now; unlike FH Nair, immediate Aerial Up-B cannot be escaped by DIing away and DJing away, but as always the timing is strict due to there being no bufferable window like with FH Nair in the jump-squat frames and so you risk it being avoided by airdodge. If you get it right however, at this stage it is the only thing that is guaranteed.

100%: As above except FH Nair can be airdodged.

Beyond, Uair only. Up-B can be airdodged.

Toon: 1.5/5
0% to 40%: U-tilt.
0%: The only way for Toon to avoid U-tilt is to DJ then airdodge. If Toon tries to only DJ, Utilt will hit. If Toon tries to just airdodge Link will be able to punish the landing lag with another U-tilt or even a D-smash among other things.

10%: Toon will only be able to escape U-tilt by DIing behind Link and DJing then immediately airdodging. If Toon just airdodges into the ground, then we'll be able to punish with an U-smash or turn around U-smash depending on DI (though grounded Up-B will cover everything).

20%: U-tilt is only unavoidable if Toon DI's behind Link and airdodges, but then we can punish even with an unavoidable turn around re-grab or an F-smash.

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing away in front or behind Link.

50%: U-tilt is out of range.

70%: You may as well start doing FH U-airs from this point onwards. They can be airdodged though, but then you can catch Toon before he lands when airdodge runs out.

Beyond, as above.

Samus: 0/5
80% to beyond: FH Uair
0%: Samus can DJ out.

20%: Samus has to DJ then airdodge to escape U-tilt without DI, otherwise she can just DI behind Link and DJ.

30%: Samus must DI behind Link then DJ to avoid U-tilt.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing away from Link either in front of behind.

70%: U-tilt is out of range entirely.

80%: Nothing is guaranteed from this point. Go for Uairs.

Beyond, Uair only.

ZSS: 3.5/5
30%: U-smash.
40% to 70%: Dash U-smash.
80% to 100%: Aerial Up-B.
Beyond: FH Uair.
0%: ZSS can avoid U-tilt with DJ to airdodge, airdodge, or Flipkick.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link at which point it's a simple matter of DJing out.

20%: As above except U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link then either DJing and immediately airdodging, or Flipkicking.

30%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable regardless of DI as well.

40%: FH Nair is unavoidable and FH Bair is only unavoidable if ZSS DI's behind Link (and if you jump backwards Bair can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair). U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by simply DIing away in front of Link, though U-smash will still easily work if Link dashes forwards briefly first.

70%: As above except now Aerial Up-B is unavoidable. FH Uair can only be avoided by DIing away from Link. Also U-tilt is out of range, and FH Bair is no longer a thing.

80%: As above except U-smash is now out of range too.

90%: As above except FH Nair can be airdodged.

Beyond, Uair only. Both Up-B and Uair can be airdodged from 110% onward but Uair eats airdodges.

Pit and Dark Pit ('Pit'): 2/5
10% to 50%: U-tilt.
60% to 80%: FH Nair.
0%: Pit can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge, and I guess he can trade with the first hit of Nair, but that would be dumb.

10%: Pit can avoid U-tilt only by DIing behind Link and then airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging. If Pit airdodges into the ground it is possible to turn around Jab Pit before he can shield.

20%: As above except Link can turn around U-tilt Pit before he can shield and it is technically possible to turn around D-smash too if you're good enough (though it would be safer and easier to just buffer a grounded Up-B).

30%: Pit can avoid Utilt by DIing behind Link and simply DJing away.

40%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing away either in front or behind Link.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

80%: As above only now Aerial Up-B is an option.

90%: FH Nair and Up-B are no longer an options. From this point on use FH Uair, though it is not guaranteed.

Beyond, Uair.

Palutena: 1.5/5
50% to 60%: FH Nair.
70% to 80%: Aerial Up-B.
0%: Palutena can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: Palutena can avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and then airdodging or DJing.

20%: Palutena can avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and then DJing.

30%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing away in front of Link. U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link then DJing.

40%: U-tilt is out of range. U-smash can be avoided by DIing either behind or in front of Link.

50%: As above except now FH Nair is unavoidable.

60%: As above except U-smash is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

70%: As above except FH Nair can be airdodged now.

90%: Aerial Up-B can be airdodged now. FH Uair is only avoidable by DIing away from Link. Dash forwards briefly first to at least be in position to punish airdodge if this happens.

Beyond, Uair.

Marth/Lucina ('Lucitha'): 3.5/5
20% to 50%: U-smash.
90% and beyond: FH Uair, or Dash FH Uair.
0%: Lucitha can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and using Dolphin Slash (in the air it is intangible from frame 1), but it won't hit Link and so unless Lucitha is under e.g. the middle BF platform, this option will not be taken. Be aware however that it is an option and so instead of an U-tilt you may read the DS to the platform and get an Uair instead.

20%: As above except the only way for Lucitha to avoid U-smash now is to use Dolphin Slash which again will not hit Link.

30%: As above except U-tilt is now unavoidable and Lucitha must DI behind Link in order for DS to avoid U-smash.

50%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable. FH Nair can only be avoided by DS, but it hits us so not worth it.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of or behind Link and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. FH Nair is now unavoidable.

70%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link too.

80%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except FH Uair is only avoidable by DIing away from Link and airdodging which will barely avoid the Uair if Link Dashes forwards for a frame or two before the FH Uair (otherwise Lucitha is simply out of range).

100%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

Beyond, Aerial Up-B doesn't work, but Uairs are the same.

Ike: 3.5/5
50% to 60%: U-smash.
70%: FH Nair.
80% to 90%: Aerial Up-B or FH Nair.
100% to beyond, FH Uair.
0%: Ike can avoid U-tilt by simply DJing.

10%: Ike can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge.

40%: As above except the only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link and DJ immediate airdodge.

50%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable.

70%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

80%: As above except U-tilt is out of range, U-smash can be avoided by DIing to either side, and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except U-smash is also out of range.

100%: As above except FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. Nothing works. Go for FH Uairs from this point onward, they can always be airdodged, but that's Ike's only option.

Robin: 3/5
0%: Robin can avoid U-tilt by airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging.

10%: Robin can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

50%: As above. (U-smash can still be avoided by simply DIing behind Link and DJing)

60%: U-tilt is now avoidable by DIing away in front of Link. FH Nair is now unavoidable. (U-smash can not be avoided by DIing behind Link and DJing, but now it can be avoided by simply DIing away in front of Link.)

70%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link.

80%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except FH Nair is no longer an option. FH Uair becomes a good option at this point even though it isn't guaranteed because airdodge ends before Robin lands.

Beyond, Aerial Up-B stops working and so you should stick to Uairs which are a far safer option in any case.

DHD: 2/5
10% to 40%: U-tilt.
50%: U-smash.
90%: Aerial Up-B.
100% and beyond: FH Uair and Dash FH Uair.
0%: DHD can avoid U-tilt by airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging. DHD also has the option of spawning the Can, but then this won't avoid U-tilt and will just cause both players to be damaged by the explosion as you hit it into DHD. This would only be worth it for DHD if Link was on a higher percent such that DHD gains a significant enough frame advantage. Note also that DHD can spawn a Can in between the hits of U-smash.

10%: DHD can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging. DHD must DI behind Link in order to spawn the Can.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable. Though the Can will not help DHD avoid U-tilt, it is still an option if DHD DI's behind Link.

30%: As above except U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and doing a frame perfect DJ to airdodge. (Naturally the Can can be spawned as well.)

40%: It is no longer possible to spawn the Can by DIing behind Link before U-tilt hits. U-smash can now be avoided by DIing behind Link and simply DJing away.

50%: As above except U-smash is now unavoidable (and the Can cannot be spawned). Also FH Nair (and Bair if DHD doesn't DI away, though nothing combos out of it) are unavoidable, but the Can can be spawned.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either in front of or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. FH Bair no longer works. FH Nair works now such that the Can cannot be spawned.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and U-smash can be avoided by DIing to either side.

80%: As above except U-smash is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except FH Nair is no longer an option.

100%: Aerial Up-B no longer works. FH Uair becomes a good option at this point even though it isn't guaranteed because airdodge ends before DHD lands, also airdodge is the only option, DI and Can will not help.

Beyond, Uairs.You may need to dash forwards for a frame or two if DHD DI's away

Kirby: 4.5/5
40% to 50%: FH Nair.
60%: Aerial Up-B.
0%: Kirby can avoid U-tilt by airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging. If Kirby airdodges into the ground, lol, he will actually duck under another U-tilt... but you will be able to U-smash him before he can shield, alternatively you can follow the DI and re-grab.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link, and Kirby can actually do it by simply airdodging because when he lands he will duck the second swing...

30%: As above except U-smash is unavoidable too.

40%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by simply DIing the D-throw away in front or behind Link.

50%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

60%: Aerial Up-B is an option now. FH Nair no longer works.

70%: As above except FH Uair is unavoidable now.

80%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works.

Beyond, more Uairs. DJ if necessary.

King Dedede: 3/5
0% to 60%: U-tilt.
70%: U-smash.
80% to 110%: FH Nair.
90% to 100%: That Aerial Up-B though.
140% and beyond: FH Uair.
0%: DDD can avoid U-tilt and U-smash by DJ immediate airdodging. (If DDD tries to airdodge he will land and get hit by U-tilt.)

10%: As above except DDD's Nair will trade with U-smash.

20%: As above except Nair will not trade and U-tilt can be avoided by simply airdodging.

30%: U-tilt is unavoidable and U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link then doing a frame perfect DJ airdodge.

70%: As above except U-smash and FH Nair are now unavoidable. FH Bair also works and it can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair if the first Bair is used inside DDD.

80%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

90%: As above except U-smash can also be avoided by DIing behind Link. Also Aerial Up-B is an option now.

100%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and FH Bair is no longer a thing.

110%: As above except U-smash is now out of range too and Aerial Up-B no longer works.

120%: FH Nair no longer works.

130%: Nothing works.

140%: Start using FH Uairs, as DDD will now have his airdodge end before he lands allowing us to hit him by FFing the Uair.

Beyond, more Uairs. Nothing guaranteed.

Meta Knight: 4.5/5
10% to 20%: U-tilt.
60%: FH Nair.
70% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: MK can only avoid U-tilt by airdodging. MK can avoid U-smash by trading with Dair or it can do a frame perfect DJ airdodge away from Link.

10%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is by DIing behind Link and airdodging. The only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link and DJ airdodge.

20%: As above except U-tilt is now unavoidable.

30%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

40%: As above except FH Nair is also unavoidable, and FH Bair is a thing which can be comboed into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair.

50%: As above except Bair will no longer combo.

60%: As above except U-tilt no longer works and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link.

70%: As above except FH Uair is unavoidable, Aerial Up-B is now an option, U-smash is out of range, and FH Bair no longer works.

90%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

100%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works. FH Uair is still unavoidable.

Beyond, FH Uairs can be avoided by DIing away from Link, so Dash forwards for a frame or two first so you can force the airdodge and catch it afterwards.

Fox: 4/5
40% to 60%. Dash U-smash if necessary.
70% to 80%: FH Nair.
90% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: Fox lands behind Link and can shield any attack.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable. The only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link and do a frame perfect DJ airdodge.

20%: As above except U-smash is now also unavoidable.

40%: U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but Link can Dash forwards and U-smash which will still easily work. FH Nair is now unavoidable, and FH Bair is a thing but it won't combo.

60%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well; as with before though, Link can dash in the direction of the DI and still get the U-smash. Aerial Up-B is now an option, but it doesn't connect well into the last hit, so not worth it.

70%: As above except that U-tilt and U-smash are out of range. FH Uair is only avoidable by DIing away from Link (and airdodging if Link Dashes forwards first; but then Fox lands before airdodge ends, so it's best not to go for Uairs if the Fox DI's away).

90%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

100%: As above except now you can outlast airdodge, so DIing away from Link is not a complete answer to (Dash) FH Uair anymore.

Beyond, only FH Uairs, dash forwards briefly if the D-throw is DI'd away from Link.

Falco: 4/5
20% to 40%: U-smash.
50% to 60%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
70%: FH Uair.
80% FH Nair or Aerial Up-B.
90% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

40%: As above except now FH Nair is unavoidable too, and FH Bair is a thing and can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair if the first Bair hits with Falco inside Link (e.g. if there was no DI and you just jump straight up).

50%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though Link can still make U-smash work by Dashing forwards for a frame or two before doing U-smash. Link can no longer combo out of Bair effectively.

60%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well, though again as before, Link can dash in the direction of the DI and still get the U-smash. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

70%: As above except that U-tilt and U-smash are out of range. Also FH Uair is now unavoidable. FH Bair in no longer a thing.

80%: As above except FH Uair can be avoided by DIing away from Link (Dashing in first won't help).

90%: As above except FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work.

100%: As above except now you can outlast airdodge with Uair, so DIing away from Link is not a complete answer to (Dash) FH Uair anymore.

Beyond, only FH Uairs, dash forwards briefly if the D-throw is DI'd away from Link.

Pikachu: 4.5/5
40% to 50%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
60%: Aerial Up-B.
70% and beyond: FH Uair.

10%: As above except U-smash is now only avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJ airdodging.

40%: U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though Link can still make U-smash work by Dashing forwards for a frame or two before doing U-smash.
FH Nair is unavoidable now though, and FH Bair is a thing and can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair if the first Bair hits with Pikachu inside Link (e.g. if there was no DI and you just jump straight up).

50%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, though Link can still make U-smash work by dashing towards Pika's DI first.
Also Aerial Up-B is now an option.
FH Bair is no longer a thing.

60%: As above except U-smash is out of range too.

70%: As above except that now FH Uair is unavoidable.

80%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

90%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works.

110%: As above except now Pikachu can DI away in front of Link and avoid the initial U-air by airdodging, but then the airdodge will be beaten by the long lasting hitbox.

Beyond, only Uairs, maybe begin to dash forwards briefly if the D-throw is DI'd away from Link, maybe throw in a DJ if necessary.

Charizard: 0.5/5
100% and beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Charizard can airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt, but then he can also take the hit with the super-armor of Up-B or Down-B and then inflict more damage on you than you did to him.

10%: As above except that Down-B will no longer help Charizard avoid U-tilt.

20%: As above except Up-B will not help any more either.

40%: U-tilt an be avoided by DIing away from Link.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link.

70%: U-tilt is out of range. Nothing works.

Beyond, nothing works, but at around 100% you should do FH Uairs as the only option Charizard has to avoid it is airdodge and then his airdodge will end before he lands allowing us to hit him with the long-lasting hitbox of Uair.

Lucario: 2.5/5
60% to 70%: Dash U-smash or FH Nair.
80%: FH Nair.
100% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: Lucario can DJ behind Link to avoid U-tilt entirely. Alternatively, he can Dair us or airdodge.

10%: As above except that Dair will no longer help Lucario avoid U-tilt and Lucario can no longer simply DJ out, but must DJ airdodge (or airdodge).

20%: Lucario can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging into the ground (at which point it is technically possible to get a turn-around Jab if you are frame perfect, but meh).

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. U-smash can now only be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but then this can be covered by dashing forwards for a frame or two then using U-smash to make it unavoidable.
Also FH Nair is now unavoidable. (And FH Bair is an option too, but it doesn't combo into anything.)

70%: As above except Lucario can DI behind Link to avoid U-tilt and U-smash, but U-smash can still work if Link follows their DI and dashes towards them. FH Bair is no longer a thing.

80%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range. Also, Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. Nothing works.

100%: Start using FH Uair. If Lucario doesn''t DI he can only airdodge it and the airdodge will run out of invulnerabilty frames before he lands. If he DI's away from Link you'll be forced to Dash briefly first otherwise he'll be able to simply DJ away.

Beyond, Uairs as above.

Jiggs: 4/5
0%: U-tilt.
10% to 30%: FH Nair.
40% to 90%: FH Uair.
Beyond: DJ Uair.

10%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable, but the hits don't connect well, and FH Nair is unavoidable.

30%: As above except U-tilt is out of range. Aerial Up-B is a thing but the hits don't connect well.

40%: As above except FH Uair is unavoidable. Also U-smash is out of range.

60%: As above except FH Nair and Aerial Up-B are no longer things.

100%: FH Uair is now out of range, so you'll have to start doing DJ Uairs, and these are not guaranteed as they can be airdodged, but Uair will beat airdodges out if you follow the DI.

Beyond, DJ Uairs.

Greninja: 1.5/5
80% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: Greninja will land and be able to shield any follow ups. Greninja is a strange one due to being able to use shadow sneak during non-tumble hitstun i.e. in this case as soon as he is thrown between 0 and 9%. While it will always allow Greninja to avoid the first follow up, he will then be leaving himself open to another follow up.

10%: U-tilt can only be avoided by DIing behind Link, at which point either airdodge or just DJ away will work.

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. Nothing works.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable.

80%: FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works. Start using FH Uairs if Greninja doesn't DI the D-throw away from Link.

Beyond, as above.

R.O.B.: 3.5/5
20% to 30%: U-tilt.
40% to 60%: U-smash.
70% to 80%: FH Nair.
110% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: Rob can airdodge or just DJ out to avoid U-tilt.

30%: As above

40%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable too.

70%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link (dashing forwards first will not help as Rob can DJ away in time).

80%: As above except now U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well.

90%: U-tilt and U-smash are out of range, and FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

Beyond, from 110% onward, start using FH Uairs. At 110% the only way to avoid them is to airdodge and Rob's airdodge will end before he lands. At 120% though Rob can DI away from Link and then DJ away to avoid it, so dash forwards for a frame or two first in this situation.

Ness: 2.5/5
80% and beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Ness can airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Ness must DI behind Link and airdodge to avoid U-tilt, and if he continues to drift away he can avoid a turn-around Jab.

30%: As above

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link.

50%: U-tilt is out of range. FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

80%: FH Uair is unavoidable. FH Nair no longer works.

Beyond, FH Uairs.

Captain Falcon: 4/5
0% to 10%: Jabs.
20% to 30%: U-tilt.
40% to 50%: U-smash.
60% to 80%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
90%: Aerial Up-B.
100% to 110%: FH Nair.
120% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DJ airdodge frame perfectly, which is why Jab is unavoidable.

10%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to airdodge into the ground, but Jab is still unavoidable.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge (and technically if they DI behind you, turn-around-Up-B is unavoidable, though whether you want to go for it is up to you).

40%: As above except U-smash is now also unavoidable.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link dashes in for a frame or two first.

80%: As above except that Aerial Up-B is now unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, though again, U-smash can still work if Link dashes for a frame or two in the direction of the DI.

90%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range, and Dash to U-smash no longer works for following DI away.

100%: As above except U-smash is now out of range, and Aerial Up-B no longer works.

110%: As above.

120%: FH Nair no longer works. Start going for FH Uairs as airdodge will stop before CF lands, just note that you'll have to dash in first if he DI's away. Nothing guaranteed.

Beyond, FH Uairs as above.

Villager: 0/5
0%: Villager can DJ out or Nair us to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Villager can DI behind and DJ out to avoid U-tilt.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing away from link or behind him.

60%: U-tilt is out of range.

70%: You may as well start trying to do FH Uairs as the only option is airdodge and airdodge ends before Villager lands so you can FF and still hit with it.

Olimar: 5/5
0%: U-tilt.
10% to 40%: U-smash.
50%: Dash U-smash or Aerial Up-B.
60% and beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Olimar can only avoid U-tilt with airdodge, at which point we can get a turn around Jab, U-tilt or even a frame perfect U-smash (good luck), though if you're feeling lazy you can just buffer a grounded Up-B.

10%: U-tilt and U-smash are unavoidable.

30%: As above except now FH Nair is also unavoidable.

50%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, but U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link follows the DI and dashes toward Olimar for a frame or two first.

60%: As above except now FH Uair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

80%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

Beyond, FH Uairs as above. DJ if necessary.

Wii Fit Trainer: 0/5
0%: WFT can avoid U-tilt by simply DJing out.

10%: WFT can DI behind Link and simply DJ out, otherwise there's airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: WFT must DI behind Link to avoid U-tilt, but can still simply DJ out.

40%: As above except WFT can also just DI away in front of Link to avoid U-tilt.

50%: U-tilt is out of range.

From 70% onward you may as well try FH Uairs as if they airdodge they will have their airdodge run out before they land, though nothing is guaranteed, e.g. WFT can always just DJ airdodge to escape.

Shulk: Default 2.5/5; Jump 3.5/5; Speed 2.5/5; Shield 2/5; Buster 2.5/5; Smash 2.5/5
0%: Shulk can avoid U-tilt by DJing behind Link among other things.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: Shulk can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can hit him with a grounded Up-B (no need to turn around).

50%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable too.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIng away in front or behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, and dashing forwards first will not help.

70%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

90%: FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

100%: From this point on you should try FH Uairs as Shulk's airdodge will run out before he lands, though Shulk can always just DI away from Link to avoid it too, so try to dash in if this happens. Nothing is guaranteed.

Jump
0% to 30%: U-tilt.
40% to 70%: U-smash.
80% to 90%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
80% to 100%: FH Nair or Aerial Up-B.
130% and beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Shulk can only avoid U-tilt by DJ immediate airdodging.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: Shulk can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging; we cannot punish the airdodge if it was used to avoid an U-tilt.

40%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable too.

60%: As above except FH Nair is unavoidable.

70%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

80%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, but you can still make U-smash work if you Dash towards the DI for one or two frames.

90%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

100%: As above except U-smash is out of range

110%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. Nothing works.

Beyond, from 130% attempt FH Uairs as Shulk's airdodge will run out before he lands, though he can avoid you entirely be DIing away.

Speed
70%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
70% to 80%: FH Nair or Aerial Up-B.
0%: Shulk can airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airdodge in order to avoid U-tilt.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge, at which point grounded Up-B is unavoidable.

50%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

60%: As above except FH Nair is now unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, but U-smash can still work if Link dashes towards the DI for a frame or two before doing U-smash. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

80%: As above except U-smash is out of range.

90%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. Nothing works.

Beyond, from 100% start going for FH Uairs as his airdodge will end before he lands, though Shulk can avoid it entirely by DIing away. Nothing guaranteed.

Shield
0% to 130%: U-tilt.
140% to 150%: U-smash.
160% to 170%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
160% to 180%: FH Nair or Aerial Up-B.
0%: U-tilt is avoidable by DJing behind Link or by DJ airdodging.

10%: As above, no need to DI.

30%: Shulk can on longer DJ behind Link and avoid U-tilt (regardless of DI). DJ airdodge is the only way to avoid U-tilt, no need for DI.

60%: As above except now Shulk can also airdodge to avoid U-tilt, no DI required.

90%: Shulk must DI behind Link and either airdodge or DJ airdodge in order to avoid U-tilt.

100%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge, at which point we can do a Grounded Up-B which Shulk cannot shield.

110%: As above.

120%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

130%: As above.

140%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

150%: As above except now FH Nair is unavoidable too.

160%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, however U-smash can still work if Link dashes towards the DI for a frame or two.

170%: As above except U-tilt it out of range. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

180%: As above except U-smash is out of range.

190%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. Nothing works.

Buster
0%: Shulk can airdodge, DJ airdodge, or DJ behind Link to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge into the ground, at which point we can do a grounded Up-B which is unavoidable.

50%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avodied by DIing either way in front or behind Link (dashing forwards first will not allow U-smash to connect).

Beyond, starting from 100% start going for FH Uairs as Shulk's airdodge will end before he lands, though keep in mind that it can be avoided entirely by DIing away from Link.

Smash
40%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
40% to 60%: FH Nair.

30%: As above except U-smash is unavoidable too.

40%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, but U-smash can still work by dashing towards the DI for a frame or two first.

50%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

70%: FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

Beyond, starting from 80% go for FH Uairs because Shulk's airdodge will end before he lands, though keep in mind that Shulk can avoid it entirely by DIing away from link.

Dr. Mario: 1.5/5
0%: Doc Nair or Up-B us before we can U-tilt him, otherwise he can airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid it.

10%: Doc must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can reverse Up-B, airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: Doc can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can hit him with a grounded Up-B (no need to turn around).

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIng away in front or behind Link.

60%: FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging. U-tilt is out of range.

100%: From this point on you should try FH Uairs as Doc's airdodge will run out before he lands, though Doc can always just DI away from Link to avoid it too, so try to dash in if this happens. Nothing is guaranteed.

Pac-Man: 1.5/5
0%: Pac can Nair us or DJ out to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Pac must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can Nair, airdodge or DJ airdodge.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIng away in front or behind Link.

60%: FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging. U-tilt is out of range.

70%: Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

80%: From this point on you should try FH Uairs as Pac's airdodge will run out before he lands, and airdodge is the only option Pac has.

Mega Man: 3/5
0% to 40%: U-tilt.
70% to 80%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
70% to 90%: FH Nair or Aerial Up-B.
120% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DJ immediate airdodge.

10%: MM must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ airdodge.

50%: As above except U-smash is unavoidable too.

60%: As above except FH Nair is also unavoidable.

70%: As above except Aerial Up-B is an option. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but then U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link dashes in for one or two frames first.

80%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, but as before, if Link dashes in the direction of the DI for one to two frames U-smash is still unavoidable.

90%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

100%: FH Nair no longer works and Aerial Up-B must be frame perfect so forget that too. Nothing works.

Beyond, from 120% start going for FH Uairs as MM's airdodge will end before he lands, but keep in mind that they can be avoided by simply DIing away from Link, so dash in first if this happens. Nothing is guaranteed.

Sonic: 1/5
90% and beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Sonic can avoid U-tilt by using Up-B (U-tilt hits the spring), airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: Sonic must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: Sonic can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can hit him with a grounded Up-B (no need to turn around), or a turn around re-grab among other things.

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link. Nothing works.

60%: FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

70%: FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

Beyond, from 90% start going for FH Uairs as Sonic's airdodge will end before he lands.

Mewtwo: 5/5
0% to 30%: U-smash.
40% to 50%: Dash U-smash if necessary or FH Nair.
60% and beyond: FH Uair or Dash FH Uair.
0%: U-tilt, Grounded Up-B, and the last two hits of U-smash are unavoidable.

10%: As above except Grounded Up-B is no longer unavoidable.

30%: As above except FH Nair is unavoidable and U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. Also FH Bair to Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair works (though Mewtwo is light so Aerial Up-B isn't really worth it).

40%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though you can still make U-smash work by Dashing forwards for a frame or two first. Also FH Bair no longer works.

50%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

60%: As above FH Uair is unavoidable, U-smash is out of range, and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

80%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. FH Uair can be avoided by airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging only, though if you dash forwards for a frame or two, no more, FH Uair is still unavoidable, and even if you're slightly too late and it's airdodged it is easy to follow the DI and beat airdodge out with Uair.

Beyond, FH Uairs or Dash FH Uairs as above.

Lucas: 2.5/5
0%: Lucas can avoid U-tilt with airdodge, DJ airdodge, or just by DJing behind Link.

10%: Lucas must DI behind Link and airdodge in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point if he continues to DI away we get no follow-up.

50%: FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link and airdodging. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link.

60%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

80%: FH Nair longer works. FH Uair is unavoidable.

100%: FH Uair can avoided by DIing away from Link and airdodging, and we cannot punish the airdodge.

Beyond, as above.

Roy: 3.5/5
40% to 60%: U-smash.
70% to 80%: Dash U-smash if necessary.
70% to 90%: FH Nair.
120% and beyond: FH Uair of Dash FH Uair.
0%: U-tilt can only be avoided with a DJ immediate airdodge.

10%: Roy must DI behind Link and airdodge or do a frame perfect DJ immediate airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

40%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

60%: As above except FH Nair is unavoidable.

70%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link dashes forwards for a frame or two first.

90%: As above except U-tilt is out of range, dashing forwards then doing U-smash no longer works if Roy DI's away, and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

100%: U-smash is out of range, and FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. Nothing works.

Beyond, from 120% you may as well start going for FH Uairs. They can be airdodge but then airdodge ends before Roy lands, or Roy can just avoid that situation entirely by DIing the D-throw away. Nothing is guaranteed.

Ryu: 1.5/5
10%: U-tilt or Jabs.
20% to 70%: U-tilt.
0%: Ryu can avoid U-tilt by using Nair, Down-B, airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Ryu only has Down-B. In order to beat this you can do Jab 1 to 2, which can be avoided by DJ.

20%: U-tilt can only be avoided by DIing behind Link using Down-B which must be reversed in order to face Link, which can be avoided with a roll even if released as early as possible.

40%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

70%: Aerial Up-B is an option, though it can be risky if the first hit is absorbed by Ryu's Down-B because Ryu becomes perilously close to falling out the bottom, and you don't want to be in free-fall with a Ryu beneath you. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well.

80%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

100%: Aerial Up-B can be airdodged. Nothing is guaranteed.

Mii Brawler: 2.5/5
0%: Don't use D-throw.
60% to 90%: FH Nair.
0%: Brawler can avoid U-tilt by using Nair, airdodge, DJ airdodge, or by simply DJing behind Link.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Brawler must DI behind Link and airdodge or do a frame perfect DJ airodge.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. U-smash will start to work, but it can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though you can still make it work if you dash forwards for a frame or two.

80%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option.

100%: FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

Beyond, from around 110% start going for FH Uairs as Brawler's airdodge will end before he lands, just note that he can avoid it entirely by DIing away, but then this can be countered by dashing forwards for a frame or two first.

Mii Gunner: 2/5
90% and beyond: FH Uair.
0%: Gunner can avoid U-tilt by airdodging or DJ airdodging.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Gunner must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airodge.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can get a guaranteed Grounded Up-B.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link.

80%: FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

Beyond, from around 90% start going for FH Uairs as Gunner's airdodge will end before he lands. Gunner cannot avoid this situation entirely by DIing the D-throw.

Mii Sword: 2/5
0%: Sword can avoid U-tilt by airdodging, DJ airdodging, or just DJing behind Link.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Sword must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airodge.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

Beyond, from around 110% start going for FH Uairs as Sword's airdodge will end before he lands, just note that Sword can avoid this situation entirely by DIing the D-throw away and DJing away, but then this can be countered by dashing forwards for a frame or two first.
Have you tested bair after dthrow? Assuming you're frame perfect with the RAR bair (7 frame jumpsquat + 1 frame turnaround + 5 frame bair= 13 frames), you have frame advantage over SH/FH nair (7 frame jumpsquat + 7 frame nair= 14 frames?) as well a bit more range because bair 1 seems to have more range than nair. Even if you're not frame perfect, the fact that you have more range than nair helps catch people DIing away.

Bair also potentially leads to ASA or another bair, though I'm not sure if you'd be able to get enough aerial momentum for that.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Have you tested bair after dthrow? Assuming you're frame perfect with the RAR bair (7 frame jumpsquat + 1 frame turnaround + 5 frame bair= 13 frames), you have frame advantage over SH/FH nair (7 frame jumpsquat + 7 frame nair= 14 frames?) as well a bit more range because bair 1 seems to have more range than nair. Even if you're not frame perfect, the fact that you have more range than nair helps catch people DIing away.

Bair also potentially leads to ASA or another bair, though I'm not sure if you'd be able to get enough aerial momentum for that.
If you look through the list, some of the characters actually do have Bair listed as an option, but not all of them. This is usually for a bunch of different reasons. Bair is quicker than Nair, yes, but only by a frame (it's actually frame 6, not frame 5 [so requiring a frame perfect turn around to FH Bair, while not moving in the direction you turned around in, is a bit unreasonable if you ask me, especially when the alternative is to simply hold jump and 'A' to Nair]) and it's also surprisingly difficult to connect in a way that is guaranteed (which was the main focus of the list itself) due to the position of the small hitboxes on the first hit, which requires much more of you in terms of positioning yourself to hit them. Nair on the other hand is much easier as it more easily covers all DI options and has a large consistent hitbox area within Link and well out infront, which is exactly where D-throw puts the opponent, i.e. in potential blind-spots for Bair. Also at the percents where Bair is technically guaranteed, which is always going to be a small window, usually this is all you'll get out of it, which is less damage than Nair. You're free to use any option you want of course, and there's no reason why in a real match those options won't work for you, but for the purposes of the list itself, Bair wasn't good enough in many cases.

Last edited:

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
This past weekend I was recovering to ledge with up-b and held down to get a single hit of the up-b to poke through the stage.
Then I ledge dropped and jumped on stage and used fair. My opponent continued to hold shield. Fair1 hit their shield and Fair2 shield poked.

Can someone help me test this situation? If the Fair 2 will always shield poke (I imagine there will be variables with character hurtbox size and how shield covers the hurtbox) then this is a valuable way to return to stage and reverse momentum.
There's still a lot of inherent risk in delaying the up b in the first place and a ton of risk for doing ledge drop jump fair but a guaranteed shield poke with such a strong move seems worth exploring.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
This past weekend I was recovering to ledge with up-b and held down to get a single hit of the up-b to poke through the stage.
Then I ledge dropped and jumped on stage and used fair. My opponent continued to hold shield. Fair1 hit their shield and Fair2 shield poked.

Can someone help me test this situation? If the Fair 2 will always shield poke (I imagine there will be variables with character hurtbox size and how shield covers the hurtbox) then this is a valuable way to return to stage and reverse momentum.
There's still a lot of inherent risk in delaying the up b in the first place and a ton of risk for doing ledge drop jump fair but a guaranteed shield poke with such a strong move seems worth exploring.
what the ****. nobody waste your time on this please

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive I assume you're looking into Cloud d-throw followups? With him being the talk of the town in recent time, finding those followups will help out those struggling with the matchup.
A better assumption would have been that I'm either too lazy or forgetful, but I appreciate the vote of confidence. Anyway it's done now. Take a link http://smashboards.com/threads/link...-found-in-the-op.379659/page-35#post-20457552

Edit: fun fact; the text contained in that D-throw follow up write up takes up 3/4 of the space in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to get my neutral game with bomb in hand a lot better and I've been hitting lots of people with jump-in downwards angle boomerang with bomb in hand. It works as a mixup because people don't expect a hitbox to come out in those in between angles (down-towards or up-towards) when you have a bomb in hand (because bomb can only be tossed up/down/left/right).

Also in matchups where your opponent has a reflector they're gonna be favoring it as an option when you have bomb in hand. Picking boomerang though gives them little to no reward for picking reflector, reflected boomerang is only gonna windbox back at you.

Plus there are mad confirms if your landing/jump in boomerang is well spaced horizontally.

At like the 40-70% range on the cast you can true combo Boomerang to FH forward bomb toss to DJ Dair and get the spike hitbox.
The boomerang to bomb will do some work carrying your opponent to the corner too so you can get a guaranteed dair spike into the abyss from spots that are pretty far away from the corner.
Against some members of the cast it will pretty hard to get the bomb into spike, because the bomb will hit your opponent the opposite way due to hurtbox shennanigans. But there are %-ranges where this will work on anyone and its pretty flashy and hype. The hard part is really getting the well spaced boomerang starter but if you know your %'s it could lead to a very early stock.

Boomerang to bomb to fair will work at similar percent ranges and is a great option to go for if you're not feeling confident in your spike due to spacing or you're midscreen and you're confident your opponent would tech the dair.

At higher percents, say at 70%+ a jump in boomerang can yield you Boomerang -> FH forward bomb to DJ Up-B. This also has serious kill potential at the percents where it connects.

At even higher percents you should just forego the bomb and just do boomerang to jump up-B. There is the potential for your bomb to blow up mid up-b animation though and ruin your kill confirm so be wary of that. Also at %'s these high your opponent is more likely to fall out of the up-b.

Also when your opponent has 0% you can always get a footstool off of a well spaced boomerang jump in. You used to be able to get dair locks off of this before 1.1.3 but now it seems like any follow up is pretty impractical.
So I was also testing boomerang to bomb stuff, and it turns out at any percent below about 115, you can combo boomerang into upward bombslide, at high percents this combos into DJ ASA, mid percents aerials, low percents up-smash or grab. To be honest, this is probably less useful then FH throw due to your positioning, but it's more stylish ;).

Also I've been wondering for a while about a certain set up--when you've conditioned your opponent to shield bombs, I like to bombslide upthrow into grab, if there are no combos off of grab at the given percent I like to throw my opponent back into the bomb (this is 3 hits and a bit or 4 hits and instantly throw). I've noticed that there are 3 ways the opponent can be hit:

The first is what usually happens, the bomb hits the opponent away from you, this occurs if you throw earlier. The next is the more useful, but very hard to time in my experience (I used to be good at it but have since forgotten the timing, it's a slight delay off of 4 pummels or larger wait after 3), the opponent is hit directly back above you whence you can get a multitude of combos. The last is very confusing to me and I have never been able to replicate it on purpose, the opponent is knocked at a bizarre angle down and towards you and must tech directly beneath you, if they miss the tech (extremely likely given how weird this angle is), they bounce behind you potentially within range for an aerial, I can't test this one since it is so hard to get (definitely only a few frames if not one and a certain spacing).

So I was wondering, has anyone been able to combo something off of the first option? It's the easiest to hit, takes the least time so mashing is less of a problem, but I can't get it to combo into anything due to how far they are knocked away. I'm wondering however if I'm just a buster and it can in fact combo. Also if anyone can explain the last option with the bomb or knows the timing for it (or the second one for that matter), please let me know.

Edit: I didn't trust myself to do frame analysis on this earlier because of the huge number of frames involved, but using the omega boxing ring stage, i found that the second option occurs in about a 2 frame window from when the bomb crosses the green line below the leaderboard.

Last edited:

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
You never specifically stated which throw you were using. Also it wouldn't hurt if I knew what character the opponent was.
No promises though.
Apologies, and thanks for the response. This works on almost the entire cast, but for this example I was using Ike, and the throw is backthrow. I'll be more specific in the scenario. The spacing of the slide should leave you within grab range of the opponent, as long as you do not pass/go into the opponent it does not matter. On Boxing Ring, here is the method I have succeeded in getting repeated option 2's with. The window to get this option gets smaller and smaller as their percentage rises, it is very loose and relatively easy to do around 50%, and requires, as far as I can tell, nearly frame perfect timing up towards 100%. I bombslide in full speed, grab the opponent, and then immediately slow to 1/4 holding L. Then you can let the bomb fall as you please, backthrow Ike when the bomb is a little below the green line (i have camera fixed). I believe what you actually want to happen for this method is for Ike to be released the frame before the bomb falls past your upper-body/waist, thus he is further towards you when the bomb explodes and it knocks him back above you. I am working right now to try to get the third option, my guess is that this occurs when the bomb is directly above Ike as he is released, and so the blast somehow knocks him down (though I've never seen a bomb hit down in any other scenario so I'm not sure if that makes sense). I'll keep trying to find the timing for when that happens.

EDIT: Oh, I understand option 3 now, and I believe it has to be done to within a few frames. Here's how to replicate it: using Captain Falcon, set him to 50% (not sure this matters but it's the percent I was at when I got it), do the same set up as above, but backthrow him into the bomb right past the middle of the crowd on boxing ring, this will release falcon on the exact frame that the bomb explodes on the ground, this hits him up and behind you. I don't know if this sets up into anything because it's so hard to time I'm just excited when I get it at all.

EDIT 2: So the stuff above basically works on any character who isn't so fat that the bomb hits him on the way down before you release him from the throw (i.e. Bowser option 3, though option 2 does work). Note on option 2, if done correctly, this is a kill set up at the right percents, since it will combo into FH up-air around kill percent. I don't know exactly what characters it will work on yet.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Apologies, and thanks for the response. This works on almost the entire cast, but for this example I was using Ike, and the throw is backthrow. I'll be more specific in the scenario. The spacing of the slide should leave you within grab range of the opponent, as long as you do not pass/go into the opponent it does not matter. On Boxing Ring, here is the method I have succeeded in getting repeated option 2's with. The window to get this option gets smaller and smaller as their percentage rises, it is very loose and relatively easy to do around 50%, and requires, as far as I can tell, nearly frame perfect timing up towards 100%. I bombslide in full speed, grab the opponent, and then immediately slow to 1/4 holding L. Then you can let the bomb fall as you please, backthrow Ike when the bomb is a little below the green line (i have camera fixed). I believe what you actually want to happen for this method is for Ike to be released the frame before the bomb falls past your upper-body/waist, thus he is further towards you when the bomb explodes and it knocks him back above you. I am working right now to try to get the third option, my guess is that this occurs when the bomb is directly above Ike as he is released, and so the blast somehow knocks him down (though I've never seen a bomb hit down in any other scenario so I'm not sure if that makes sense). I'll keep trying to find the timing for when that happens.

EDIT: Oh, I understand option 3 now, and I believe it has to be done to within a few frames. Here's how to replicate it: using Captain Falcon, set him to 50% (not sure this matters but it's the percent I was at when I got it), do the same set up as above, but backthrow him into the bomb right past the middle of the crowd on boxing ring, this will release falcon on the exact frame that the bomb explodes on the ground, this hits him up and behind you. I don't know if this sets up into anything because it's so hard to time I'm just excited when I get it at all.

EDIT 2: So the stuff above basically works on any character who isn't so fat that the bomb hits him on the way down before you release him from the throw (i.e. Bowser option 3, though option 2 does work). Note on option 2, if done correctly, this is a kill set up at the right percents, since it will combo into FH up-air around kill percent. I don't know exactly what characters it will work on yet.
Oh, so they don't actually get hit down then. Well that's just a little bit disappointing for me personally. I was hoping to find something janky to do with interrupting the two hits of B-throw. But still, I'll grant it that this opens up better combo opportunities compared to simply throwing them directly into the bomb which is what people usually attempt, so that's kinda cool.

Natmax

Smash Apprentice
Oh, so they don't actually get hit down then. Well that's just a little bit disappointing for me personally. I was hoping to find something janky to do with interrupting the two hits of B-throw. But still, I'll grant it that this opens up better combo opportunities compared to simply throwing them directly into the bomb which is what people usually attempt, so that's kinda cool.
Yeah I was hoping for the same, I thought something way jankier was going on until I finally caught it at 1/4 speed. The animation for option 3 still looks bizarre for me though, probably because I'm using the 2 frame skip. Somehow on the frame I see the bomb explode (so possibly 2nd frame of explosion), Falcon is already on the other side of Link. You'd think since I've done it at least 10-20 times now I'd at least once get the frame where he's being hit by the bomb, but it doesn't appear to exist. Just, bomb almost exploded, then bomb exploded and falcon on completely other side. So it's not the jank we wanted, but still seems a little jank to me unless I am just always getting frame 2 of the explosion.

Also option 2 actually really combos quite well, was testing a bit on fox for example, and it (no DI admittedly) kills from 90% to atleast 115% which I just tested with FH up-air earlier and DJ ASA later. At earlier percents it combos nicely into up-smash or other followups. So it just seems like an all around good option, except for how hard the timing is. Currently I'm relying on fixed camera, any ideas on how to get the timing down otherwise?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Pretty nice setup for the Tether Trump. http://smashboards.com/threads/tether-ledge-trump.429128/
I tested it and this quick version works for Link too, it's just difficult.

Edit: To be specific, Link needs to SH backwards off-stage from the very edge (RAR) and input tether anywhere between frame 3 to 7 of your airborne frames. Any earlier or later and you'll get a Zair. So you know, it's a 4 frame window. Definitely do-able with a bit of practice. And the pay-off! Well worth practicing imo. It's admittedly more telegraphed than a normal trump, so mix-it up and incorporate tether-trump to ledge get-up.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
So I've been wondering lately, can zair bombdrop be good option for a landing mix up? Just dropping the bomb as Link is landing, so zair doesn't actually come out but the bomb just suttlely C4s. Or is it better not to, as zair leaves you in landing lag?

Rizen

Smash Legend
So I've been wondering lately, can zair bombdrop be good option for a landing mix up? Just dropping the bomb as Link is landing, so zair doesn't actually come out but the bomb just suttlely C4s. Or is it better not to, as zair leaves you in landing lag?
If you're not in danger it's a good way to setup stage control. I think that bombs only can be dropped w/o Zair as you start jumping (confirm someone?) so you probably get Zair lag even if it doesn't show when landing. It's only 8 frames though.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
If you're not in danger it's a good way to setup stage control. I think that bombs only can be dropped w/o Zair as you start jumping (confirm someone?) so you probably get Zair lag even if it doesn't show when landing. It's only 8 frames though.
From experience, it's great when you're getting rush down. If they get hit by the bomb, it gives you follow up opportunities which can lead to stage control. Even if they don't take the bait, the active bomb should give you a little window to re position yourself.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
From experience, it's great when you're getting rush down. If they get hit by the bomb, it gives you follow up opportunities which can lead to stage control. Even if they don't take the bait, the active bomb should give you a little window to re position yourself.
When being rushed down I'd rather drop the bomb with Zair attacking is what I meant.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Zair only has 8 frames of landing lag. But yes, I use it quite a bit myself. Characters often are rushing at Link. Dropping the bomb puts a hitbox out for a while and often catches people off guard in my experience.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Not sure if it's already known or not, but Link's D-air can be autocancelled from a full hop off Battlefield's lower platformsto the main stage, though I don't know the frame leniency. I've been looking more into safe landing with D-air after watching M2K's Cloud make waves at PAX. Of course, it won't be as easy to use as Cloud D-air, but it's something.

Top Bottom