• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's ISJR Successfully Executed!!

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Ryuto has posted a video of a successful Infinite Second-Jump Recovery, or ISJR. The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpNFvgmwpE0

I tried doing this for hours a few weeks ago and gave up, thinking it wasn't possible for Link. But this has given me more hope and I'm ready to try again when I have time. xD

If you want to learn more about ISJR, the thread for the technique can be found here, in the Tactical Discussion Board:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173119

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Method small immediately after jumping, doing aerial rear A, it does before The sky simultaneously with the instantaneous aerial jump which reaches the point where it can move.
After landing cancellation aerial jump is almost possible securely with jump button repeated hitting.
After doing landing cancellation aerial jump, when link kick is put out with a certain timing, furthermore landing cancellation aerial jump is possible.

^ that is what the info said....in english.... hmm... i kind of wonder too...

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
There's obviously the mindgames. I can see more complex bomb-arrow-cancel combos once the technique is mastered. It could take some time though x_x

Link_hero_Tubs

Smash Rookie
as far as mindgames go i dont see much use just maybe a quick shocker ... but it would really nice if we could somehow find out how it can aid his recovery...

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Well after about a half-hour, I managed to actually do the trick. I was only able to do it twice in a row ONE time. It's very, very difficult to execute.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Well after about a half-hour, I managed to actually do the trick. I was only able to do it twice in a row ONE time. It's very, very difficult to execute.
Yeah I tried it mid battle, it almost got me killed. :( That just ticks me off. It looks so cool also.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It would be better 'not' to learn this, unless your planning on training for a real long time, which then you could use it in a match without messing up and getting yourself killed.

sasook

Smash Champion
ZAC? Z-air? lol
Z-air's animation lasts too long for it to end before landing from a short hop or even a full jump.
ZAC = z drop, a attack, catch

It's basically doing an aerial with a bomb in hand, by dropping it and catching it while doing the aerial.

4Serial

Smash Lord
oh, well you'd have to eventually get rid of the bomb or let it asplode in your face, which would both interrupt your ISRJ <_< I guess it would be cool to see anyways.

Top Bottom