• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link has some nice SBs (OP updated to compare Walking vs SBing)

Deva

Smash Lord
just craq walk guys. pivot slide out of an aerial.

for some reason, if your not doing an attack when you land in this game, you dont have landing lag like in melee where you have to hit the ground b4 moving. You just sorta slide away. Link sh nair then DI back and you slide away. Opponent comes after you, you turn into an f-smash which stops the slide.

D

Deleted member

just craq walk guys. pivot slide out of an aerial.

for some reason, if your not doing an attack when you land in this game, you dont have landing lag like in melee where you have to hit the ground b4 moving. You just sorta slide away. Link sh nair then DI back and you slide away. Opponent comes after you, you turn into an f-smash which stops the slide.
other way around lol

Craq walk is out of an aerial and pivot slide is on the ground :p

Finns7

Smash Ace
Do zair while holding a bomb to slide to forward smash then throw bomb. Rarely connects but I can tell it surprises people and they usually back off.

D

Deleted member

lol, no, you misunderstood me. I meant use craq walk, and then explained what it was. A pivot slide out of an aerial. :p
whoa i guess im not understanding correctly lol @_@

are you talking about like doing a bair and sliding out of it then doing a move?

Deva

Smash Lord
whoa i guess im not understanding correctly lol @_@

are you talking about like doing a bair and sliding out of it then doing a move?
ok, so a pivot slide is where you turn and for some reason the game mechanics make you slide the direction you turned in. Craq walk is that out of an aerial. So if you sh nair and DI back, the nair ends b4 you land, and as you land you're still pressing back, so you pivot upon landing and slide away.

D

Deleted member

ok, so a pivot slide is where you turn and for some reason the game mechanics make you slide the direction you turned in. Craq walk is that out of an aerial. So if you sh nair and DI back, the nair ends b4 you land, and as you land you're still pressing back, so you pivot upon landing and slide away.
thats a craq walk because you autoland the nair/bair and craq walk out of it lol

pivot sliding is when you never leave the ground, craq walking is when you land, its like wavedashing and wavelanding respectively

oliwonder

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7363-3324-0043
thats a craq walk because you autoland the nair/bair and craq walk out of it lol

pivot sliding is when you never leave the ground, craq walking is when you land, its like wavedashing and wavelanding respectively
I believe that's what Deva meant. I think we all are on the same level now hah

Deva

Smash Lord

no, craq walk is a pivot slide out of an aerial. It's always a pivot slide no matter how you look at it because even in the craq walk when you auto cancel the aerial, you are still grounded and have to perform the pivot on the ground regardless. Which is why all I was saying originally was that it was a pivot slide out of an aerial. You never leave the ground in the actual pivot slide annimation.

Top Bottom