• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Magic Armor. If used properly, TP becomes wayyyyyyyyy to easy.
TP in general I feel like was a bit too easy compared to the other Zelda games I've played. Though other than that it's a fantastic game. Hopefully the HD version will up the difficulty or give us an option to.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
oh so you're autistic then, i guess that could make sense too

Rizen

Smash Legend
Zelda games since the SNES have been too easy. The only 2 challenging LoZs were on the NES.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
you know you could just answer, there's no need to be ashamed of who you are. or, well.. i guess in your case..

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Catana Catana why are you bullying me all of a sudden lol. First time I talked to you you completely blew me off when I complemented your avatar. Now you're all over me like a tsundere.

Nope. link and ike lover link and ike lover said I could stay so I'm staying :awesome:
Oh, good, a wifi warrior approved your three post tenure. Congratulations. That's almost as good as a crumpled piece of lined paper with a signature and a disgusting wad of phlegm in the middle.

Now then, I don't actually care whether you stay or not, and I'm not actually here to single you out. Odd side effect of my timing, I suppose. Scramble along and play some For Glory before I accidentally say something mean.

As for everything else.

What I want to know, is what the hell happened here while I was gone? I've read the last two pages and there's been barely a witty remark. The standards of acceptable behaviour have plummeted, the discussion has hit a low point I've not before seen in a Link social, and now there's some guy who can't find his ****ing "L" key trying to tell me that LAIL is one of the best people on the boards, or so he heard? Did everyone who actually goes to tournaments just sort of leave?

I'm going to hope it's just a lull due to the holidays.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Oh, good, a wifi warrior approved your three post tenure. Congratulations. That's almost as good as a crumpled piece of lined paper with a signature and a disgusting wad of phlegm in the middle.

Now then, I don't actually care whether you stay or not, and I'm not actually here to single you out. Odd side effect of my timing, I suppose. Scramble along and play some For Glory before I accidentally say something mean.
You already have lol. I've lurked on these boards for a very long time and I already know how you guys do things. It's just fun to pop in and mess around every once in awhile.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
So you admit you're trolling then?
Well after Cat's remark it kinda turned into that. I know he does that to a lot of people in general though. If it counts as an offense I sincerely apologize (like I said before I seem to cause nothing but trouble whenever I come onto these boards lol)

For me that was polite.
I feel like we came off on the wrong foot honestly, I remember there being a discussion about veteran Link players and LAIL was on the list in someones post. From what I can name off the top of my head I know some of the veteran Link players back in the day were:

- Legan
- sasook
- Kirinblaze
- ArkiveZero
- FSK

There were a ton more but I can't remember all of them and most probably don't really play anymore.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well after Cat's remark it kinda turned into that. I know he does that to a lot of people in general though. If it counts as an offense I sincerely apologize (like I said before I seem to cause nothing but trouble whenever I come onto these boards lol)
There's a difference between causing trouble unwittingly and causing trouble deliberately. The later I don't appreciate, at all. Out of the two people who have frequented the Link boards for the sole purpose of causing trouble deliberately, it didn't end well for either of them. I'm still not sure about you however. As you said, you seem to cause trouble unwittingly at first, and then proceed to cause trouble deliberately when you get a reaction you weren't expecting. However I believe that you can stop the later type if you wanted to. So for the time being I'm prepared to leave it alone to see what you do.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
There's a difference between causing trouble unwittingly and causing trouble deliberately. The later I don't appreciate, at all. Out of the two people who have frequented the Link boards for the sole purpose of causing trouble deliberately, it didn't end well for either of them. I'm still not sure about you however. As you said, you seem to cause trouble unwittingly at first, and then proceed to cause trouble deliberately when you get a reaction you weren't expecting. However I believe that you can stop the later type if you wanted to. So for the time being I'm prepared to leave it alone to see what you do.
Sorry, honestly just wanted to participate in these boards every once in awhile but it just seems to never go well.

It's a hint, STAHP POASTING
I'll take my leave, sorry for bothering you.

Well, that was brief.

Oh well. Now then, this place is dead. Why is it dead? Granted, we never were like the Zelda social, but nor should we have been. Where's the tourne talk, how is everyone's local scene? Who is doing work? Scizor still playing? Lawz still Sheiking?

There's a tournament in my area in the next couple months and I'm considering getting back into shape. Considering. The loss of our ability to hit confirm with jab 1 feels so thoroughly garbage that it makes me legitimately angry every time my follow through turns into jab 2.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Oh well. Now then, this place is dead. Why is it dead? Granted, we never were like the Zelda social, but nor should we have been. Where's the tourne talk, how is everyone's local scene?
I should soon be able to go to two weekly local tournaments per week now. And I also found a group of people who meet up every week just to practice. A much better improvement from just a few months ago when I could only go to locals like once every month. Things are looking good for me, finally. Now I just need to get better.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, honestly just wanted to participate in these boards every once in awhile but it just seems to never go well.
See, there's a specific reason why things didn't go well for you here. See, when Catana or TwistedShinDigs or whatever his name is acts like a ****, it's because that's the norm, that's who they are. So when you do it, they don't like it because you haven't been around nearly as long. That, and they don't like anime. Only thing worse your could've done was say you completely dropped Link for someone else or that you main Gay.

See, there's a specific reason why things didn't go well for you here. See, when Catana or TwistedShinDigs or whatever his name is acts like a ****, it's because that's the norm, that's who they are. So when you do it, they don't like it because you haven't been around nearly as long. That, and they don't like anime. Only thing worse your could've done was say you completely dropped Link for someone else or that you main Gay.
You misunderstand, Elessar and @Camalange both scrape by with anime characters as their avatars. That's fine. ICan'tFindMy"L"Key's problem is not that he, as you so eloquently put it, "acted like a ****", it's that he lacks self awareness and didn't understand the dance Catana had initiated with him.

"Are you gay?"

Well, ****, this seems like a simple enough question, doesn't it?

He could have ended it there. "Yes", "No", "Are you single?", etc. He just didn't know how to handle a ribbing. He's new, he's soft, it happens. He'll learn. Acting like a **** might have been better. Personally, I only took issue with him coming off as a sycophant. I can handle weabooery, I'll insult your waifu pillow, something about 'semen scented' doesn't seem appealing to sleep next to, but frankly I'm just an unpleasant person. Sycophants I am less able to abide.

It doesn't matter. My real issue is that the thread has become shallow and distracted. I showed up at a bad time, I guess.
I should soon be able to go to two weekly local tournaments per week now. And I also found a group of people who meet up every week just to practice. A much better improvement from just a few months ago when I could only go to locals like once every month. Things are looking good for me, finally. Now I just need to get better.
Good. Good. This is what we should be doing. Focusing on improving and playing competitively as often as is available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom