• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Destiny makes me want to jump off a bridge.

"Want to get a weapon that sort of matches your skill level? Better win the lottery. Hahahahahaha" - Bungie

Pay $60 for the game. Then pay $30 for the season pass...BUT WAIT now pay $40 for The Taken King to get the FULL Destiny experience!

/rant

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Destiny makes me want to jump off a bridge.

"Want to get a weapon that sort of matches your skill level? Better win the lottery. Hahahahahaha" - Bungie

Pay $60 for the game. Then pay $30 for the season pass...BUT WAIT now pay $40 for The Taken King to get the FULL Destiny experience!

/rant
The taken king isn't even part of the season pass? That's madness! I stopped playing after about a month or so. I was very disappointed in it. Think I had too much faith in the game to begun with.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I finally beat every challenge in SSB4 without using a hammer. Got 2 million gold :cool: ...not that I need it :ohwell:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I'm pretty sure his air speed is as fine as is, given him and adult Link were already top 10 in air speed even in Vanilla Melee, with pretty good SHFFLs to complement it.
I guess so. I just seems that with all the speed buffs they gave to link (mobility and move use) I just feel like maybe the should speed Young Link up a bit more in certain aspects.
Starting to get into sweater weather, aka the best weather.
Starting to get into summer season down here, aka short pants/undies season.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
I guess so. I just seems that with all the speed buffs they gave to link (mobility and move use) I just feel like maybe the should speed Young Link up a bit more in certain aspects.

Starting to get into summer season down here, aka short pants/undies season.
Is always summer here, i cant tell.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
60-70 degrees Fahrenheit is my jam.
Talk about living the boring life lol (I was born in Florida but lived in Jersey for a long time). But tbh hot and cold weather can get uncomfortable for me sometimes, especially when I'm in a bad mood (which makes it worse).

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
I prefer it when people use proper units for temperature like kelvin, not this Farenheit gob****e. Or other pleb units like Celsius(Better than Farenheit at least) and Rankine(Possibly the worst unit ever conceived).

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
I prefer it when people use proper units for temperature like kelvin, not this Farenheit gob****e. Or other pleb units like Celsius(Better than Farenheit at least) and Rankine(Possibly the worst unit ever conceived).
I don't even know what this Rankine is. However, Celsius isn't that bad. It works extremely similar to Kelvin just with smaller numbers about daily things, and even then you can just add 273,15 and you get the temperature in Kelvin very easily. I agree that Kelvin is generally the best though

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I am actually European but I think Kelvin is great and easy to learn and is overall the best unit.
You pretty much can't get through chemistry in college without it, so it's a good thing to learn.

FSK

Smash Ace
Rankine is the imperial equivalent to kelvin *shudders*

It doesn't stop at temperature. Let us visit our first love (Newton's second law of motion):

F = ma (or W = ma like some bat**** crazy imperial people would write eventhough that is wrong and is supposed to be W = mg where g is measured as 32.something feet/s^2 which is equivalent to roughly 9.81 m/s^2 in proper units a.k.a weight).

In SI units we have F(Force is actually a composition of SI units: kg m/s^2) measured in Newton, a measured in m/s^2 and m measured in kg.

If you divide both sides by a you get:

F/a = m

which written in units becomes

(kg m/s^2)/ (m/s^2) = kg

which is wonderful and intuitive and makes sense.

Now let us turn over to bat**** crazy land and look at imperial units

F = ma

F is measured in pounds lb, m is measured in pounds lb and a is measured in feet/s^2. Already we are thinking what the flying ****? They have two different units with the same name? Yes they do for some odd ****ing reason, although they distinguish them by calling them pound mass and pound force. But let us continue, we do as before and divide both sides with a

F/a = m

What do we get? Well my good sir, that depends.

lb/feet/s^2 = lb

this then becomes

slug = lb

but slug is not the same as pound mass. What went wrong? Well we mixed the British Gravitational system and the English Engineering System. We used English Engineering units, but used Newton's law expressed in British Gravitational System. Let us try to unravel this mess.
In British Graviational System the unit for mass is slug, not pounds. 1 slug is the amount of mass that will accelerate 1 foot/s^2 when 1 pound of force acts on it. Meaning

F = ma

lb = slug feet/s^2

Does anyone know without checking what their mass is expressed in slugs? This unit is not very intuitive since no one uses ****ing slugs for their mass so they have no relation with this awful unit.

In English Engineering units, Newton's second law of motion is actually

F = ma/g_c

where g_c = 32.something lb/lb *feet/s^2 (the top lb is often written as lbm meaning pound mass and the bottom lb as lbf meaning pound force. But there is no requirement to do it) which just makes things more confusing that ****. Why is this? because the unit of mass in this equation is not actually mass it is weight or is it? At this point who the **** knows. Also m/g_c = slugs if you ignore some of the units in g_c. It's basically just an extra layer of confusion laid on top of the confusing mess of British Gravitational System.

Or maybe I'm just european and ignorant. Maybe I'm not used to the system and I don't know how to handle it. But what I'm sure of is that I'm grateful as **** for living in a country that uses the Metric system.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Jesus man stop this nerdy chit and let's talk about playing video games competitively again

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632

Yeeaaahhh Zelda symphony!!

I know Fahrenheit is dumb but it's what we use so that's that. *shrug*

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Eh I dunno people keep asking for a skype group why not get both, at least there people can post something and we'll see it when we log on later, but someone keeps saying "I'll do it" then doesn't do it

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Eh I dunno people keep asking for a skype group why not get both, at least there people can post something and we'll see it when we log on later, but someone keeps saying "I'll do it" then doesn't do it
I remember asking if I could make one but you guys said nah.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I could create a Link skype group if you guys don't mind. I already run the Doc Skype group for example.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Yup, just send me a PM of your Skype ID and I'll add you into the group. Though I should probably be making a separate thread for this.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
Actually the Shulk board (which I am into)uses Discord, imo a much better version of Skype that is built thinking about gaming. It's completely free, easy and fast to download, has free calls between members where anyone can join at any moment, doesn't create lag while playing online, and let you create your own "thread" for each argument, like social or MU discussion. It's both on mobile and PC and it works very well on mobile and imo it's just much better than Skype. We could use it too.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself, I'm a Rosa guy and I'm wanting to learn Link more as a secondary. He fits my playstyle of stage control and zoning(keep opponents at space) and I think hes a fun and solid character. Hope to get to know everyone and participate in the boards some. Any direction to guides or resources to begin learning Link specific info or tech would be appreciated as well. Thanks much!

Top Bottom