• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious

Found this on YouTube. Any of you know who the Link is? He seems pretty good but he really needs to visit the boards for some tech (never pull off a bomb offstage, no tether recovery, no bomb drop, no bombslide and some other things)
Pretty sure "he" is a she. :)

Interesting take on Link though.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
She seemed to be a very good Link. Much more aggressive than what I'm used to seeing, but effective nonetheless. The only things that were killing her was her inability to punish Mario. He made a lot of the same mistakes that could have easily costed him stocks.

Still Mario is definitely a tough match-up for Link so she did really well.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
In melee there is this guy who goes by thegreatborf who mains shiek. The catch is he does not wavedash or he does not play technical and he kicks ***. But she could learn how to at least bomb plant. I don't think bomb sliding is of any use.
Until he got to high level play with the big boys, where technical skill is very important, as well as raw talent

She seemed to be a very good Link. Much more aggressive than what I'm used to seeing, but effective nonetheless. The only things that were killing her was her inability to punish Mario. He made a lot of the same mistakes that could have easily costed him stocks.

Still Mario is definitely a tough match-up for Link so she did really well.
I deftly learned some things from her because I'm also fairly aggressive as link for most of the match

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I used to play aggressively until it kept costing me. I was holding on to hope that Links cqc game will be buffed a little too tightly. Now I'm more in the middle of offense and defense. Maybe if his sword game gets buffed I may feel confident enough to go back to my old ways.

She did do a few things that caught my attention as well though. I really like her use of B-air, for instance.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
She did do a few things that caught my attention as well though. I really like her use of B-air, for instance.
Me too, though she used it quite a bit and in a lot of situations that left her open. I think the biggest thing that I found she needs work on is her reliance on nair. I feel like there were a lot of cases where another move (like uair or fair) would have been safer or even threatened a stock

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Whoops, it appears that I accidentally stumbled into the video & critique thread. I was looking for the social. Sorry about that, I'll see myself out.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Whoops, it appears that I accidentally stumbled onto the video & critique thread. I was looking for the social. Sorry about that, I'll see my way out.
what you were looking for was xat, get ur ass in there :@

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
All this talk of playing aggressively, and I'm over here pitching tents at people; camping like a scumbag.
I don't approach until I feel like it son, you come to me, you bring your A-game, I'm gonna sit here and enjoy the space.

Royalty smash fool.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
I used to play aggressively until it kept costing me. I was holding on to hope that Links cqc game will be buffed a little too tightly. Now I'm more in the middle of offense and defense. Maybe if his sword game gets buffed I may feel confident enough to go back to my old ways.

Same here. Competitively playing aggressive never worked out unless your opponent wasn't nearly as good as you. Frankly Link can just put up a sword wall with retreating Fairs, Jab 2 cancels into more Jabs, mixed in with Up-tilts and retreating pivot F-tilts. That's not to mention his projectiles and Zair.

This character is just better off defensively but can still capitalize on openings.

The Bair usage she did was really interesting but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't have gone as well as it did. Mario should have just dash attacked into it and would have been fine.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
She's so pretty, how she plays I mean. She should meet cat, I bet they'd be just best of friends. The only two girl Link mains.

So kawaii.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
SmashVille Tournament: Concepción, Chile. 16/7/2015.
Drigo Toes: 2/27

Bracket and Chars Used:
1: OZN | Tales - Luigi
2: TLT | Drigo Toes - Link
3: OZN | Fer - Sheik/Mario
4: OZN | KanT - Luigi
5: Satoshi Sora - Captain Falcon
5: B2G | Bratu - Mario
7: OZN | Kross - Ness
7: Mark - Roy
9: NT | Etulf - Sheik/C. Falcon
9: OZN | Ivy - Rosalina
9: GaBo - Link
9: B2G | Rod - Villager
13: B2G | Renja-Z - Mario/Gay
13: OZN | PipeShu - Pikachu/Sonic
13: OZN | Sho - Rosalina/Mii
13: Zorro
17: BB | Smash12
17: DkC | Lubet
17: OZN | Latah - Rob
17: BB | JP
17: Felo
17: OZN | Freyax - Yoshi
17: Tio
17: DkC | Exe
25: Sebah - Ike/Shulk
25: Tarik
25: Neopol

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
It's unlikely that most people will win the tourney but at least he's getting somewhere. Must be tough. Is he strictly using Link?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Chuck the Colombian Link (the one who actually used giant bombs) also participated in EVO. I think hewas the sole South American Wii U participant.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@ Rizen Rizen @ ama99 ama99 @ Zane the pure Zane the pure @Lozjam @ FSK FSK
Would like to apologize for the call out the other day during our matches the other day.

The truth is do it to make myself look bigger then I am. And it's not right for me to do that to anyone. I only wanted to be a good smasher and in my battles, I never took good sportsmen ship into consideration. And I do things like lie and boast to other people just to get attention. And that's not cool. I should not make others feel bad just to make myself look big.
I only want to fit in, fit in with great player. But Harming others reps and calling them out are not the way to go.
So I want to apologize for the call out. Its not cool nor is it honest.

I'm not going to ask for matches, (much).

In the end I end up losing, And am just that annoying Smokebob kid who wants attention all the time. Thats not how I want to be seen.

I am sorry for the lies and boasting.

I am sorry. I don't want it to happen again.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Rizen Rizen @ ama99 ama99 @ Zane the pure Zane the pure @Lozjam @ FSK FSK
Would like to apologize for the call out the other day during our matches the other day.

The truth is do it to make myself look bigger then I am. And it's not right for me to do that to anyone. I only wanted to be a good smasher and in my battles, I never took good sportsmen ship into consideration. And I do things like lie and boast to other people just to get attention. And that's not cool. I should not make others feel bad just to make myself look big.
I only want to fit in, fit in with great player. But Harming others reps and calling them out are not the way to go.
So I want to apologize for the call out. Its not cool nor is it honest.

I'm not going to ask for matches, (much).

In the end I end up losing, And am just that annoying Smokebob kid who wants attention all the time. Thats not how I want to be seen.

I am sorry for the lies and boasting.

I am sorry. I don't want it to happen again.
That's okay. Just try and get some offline replays up for critiques and listen to what the tourney going Links say.

Top Bottom