• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
That's why I still sleep and am very jealous of my sleep time. I make sure I always sleep at least 6 or 7 hours every night in ideal conditions but I still hate it. So let me rephrase what I said If I could stop sleeping without suffering any consequences, I'd do it in a heart beat.

Also, sleeping over 8 hours is bad for your health, just as much as not sleeping enough. You might want to look into that.

Finally, ShinnyMetal is right. Between work, sleep, and other crap being an adult demands you have less than ah hour sometimes for yourself, all thanks to freaking sleeping. I hate that.
As I said, I'm sure with exercise I could get it to 8 as my body would be running more efficiently and would have less need of recuperation and rebuilding, but 9 actually is within a typical healthy range. It is admittedly on the top of the range, but it's there and everyone's body is different. I didn't suddenly decide this was my number and am serving this despite how it affects me; I did a long term experiment on myself in college to see what was best. Now I'm attempting to carve out time to make sure I am being more active and am lowering my heart rate.

I know this isn't always an option as circumstances can tend to force themselves upon us and we have to make the best of it, but often the culprit for not having any time for ourselves has to do with the adult responsibilities we build around ourselves and how we manage our time or conceive of self-time, and less about how much sleep we need. As a full time medical billing representative, part time music educator, composer, husband, home/land owner, farmer, landlord, and church treasurer (among other things), I understand what it means to be serving adult demands. But being an adult is arguably more about doing what needs to be done than about maintaining what it may have meant at one point to have time to yourself.

Not that I'm here to tell anyone how to live. Just offering my perspective on sleeping vs time management. Have a nice day, everyone.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Also, sleeping over 8 hours is bad for your health, just as much as not sleeping enough. You might want to look into that.
I always feel best when I get 9 hours of sleep. 8 is alright, 7 is do-able, 6 or less is awful, but 9 is perfect.
It's one of my favourite images I can actually get away with posting publicly.
I don't even have to click on the link and I could already tell you exactly what the image is.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It's one of my favourite images I can actually get away with posting publicly.
I know. It's the perfect balance between disturbing but not offensive in any capacity. Unless someone suffers from coulrophobia. Though if you do, then the problem isn't the nature of the image per se so it would still be allowed.

As a full time medical billing representative, part time music educator, composer, husband, home/land owner, farmer, landlord, and church treasurer (among other things), I understand what it means to be serving adult demands. But being an adult is arguably more about doing what needs to be done than about maintaining what it may have meant at one point to have time to yourself.

Not that I'm here to tell anyone how to live. Just offering my perspective on sleeping vs time management. Have a nice day, everyone.
That's quite a resume you got going there. I am stumped for once and have been rendered completely speechless. Please, do tell us how to live. I mean, with all those activities you mentioned which you have to do on a daily basis and with a daily sleep schedule of about 9 hours daily I am surprised you have time to take a dump or shower at all.

I mean...you do shower, right?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I know. It's the perfect balance between disturbing but not offensive in any capacity. Unless someone suffers from coulrophobia. Though if you do, then the problem isn't the nature of the image per se so it would still be allowed.

That's quite a resume you got going there. I am stumped for once and have been rendered completely speechless. Please, do tell us how to live. I mean, with all those activities you mentioned which you have to do on a daily basis and with a daily sleep schedule of about 9 hours daily I am surprised you have time to take a dump or shower at all.

I mean...you do shower, right?
Ah, the fear of clowns. What a wonderful epidemic this generation suffers from. It makes things so easy.

I see the news has already hit here.

Satoru Iwata was a good man by the measures available to us, who took repeated cuts to his own salary to protect the jobs of his employees, and believed that by continuing to work as they always have at producing a quality product, rather than cutting costs through job slashing, Nintendo would succeed.

I'll be raising a glass in his honour tonight.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

Satoru Iwata was a good man by the measures available to us, who took repeated cuts to his own salary to protect the jobs of his employees, and believed that by continuing to work as they always have at producing a quality product, rather than cutting costs through job slashing, Nintendo would succeed.

I know we don't get along but might I join you.

Nintendo will never be the same again.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Ah, the fear of clowns. What a wonderful epidemic this generation suffers from. It makes things so easy.
I know, it makes things almost too easy for the Joker.

And despite this, I still plan to sit you down across the table with one for a beer and possible singing of pirate songs.
I fail to see how this has anything to do with clowns.

He shall be somewhat missed, but not entirely. I hope the next president has better business know-how while maintaining Iwata's humanity.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe it. One of the great minds behind my childhood. Thank you to all the great times you gave to me and my friends. I can't express in words how much we'll miss you. I'm not sure how I'll honour this great man tonight. I didn't always agree with Iwata. But I always respected him. Tonight, my respect will increase to an an all time high as we remember this man for his excellent contributions to gaming.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Ok, I get the being saddened over Iwata dying, but this all is taking it a bit too far. Specially considering none of you heretics probably even knew who Yamauchi was nor cared when he died.

Go educate yourselves heathens.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I get the being saddened over Iwata dying, but this all is taking it a bit too far. Specially considering none of you heretics probably even knew who Yamauchi was nor cared when he died.

Elessar. What the hell I thought you were one of the better posters on here!

Of course we cared when Yamauchi passed! He was just as important to Nintendo as anyone!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Elessar. What the hell I thought you were one of the better posters on here!

Of course we cared when Yamauchi passed! He was just as important to Nintendo as anyone!
I am one of the best ones. I'm just saying get over it already, you're all taking this a bit too far. He died, it's sad, move on.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382

Do you have to ruin everything 4 everyone no matter want it is?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
It's certainly a shame Iwata passed away like this, given he treats his employees especially well, which you can't really say about other companies (Capcom and Konami). That being said, I am a bit optimistic as to see what direction Nintendo goes from here. As great as Iwata's ideas were for revolutionizing games, his business ideals were certainly lacking in almost every aspect as of late, and I'm hoping that the next president hopefully pushes Nintendo in a new, strong direction so that they can actually hold a candle against the ongoing competition.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632

I was talking with the wifey about Yamauchi actually. That had a strong business game. He didn't know about video games but damn he knew a good idea when he saw it.

Yamauchi was old and dying for awhile. It was, as cold as it sounds, expect. Sad but it's not like it wasn;t coming. Iwata was sudden and he was young. Both are great losses in my eyes

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Cat and I are at the airport: she's rather nervous about flying, how cute.

Who is this Iwata fella again? I thought he was some Chinese B-movie actor.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Cat and I are at the airport: she's rather nervous about flying, how cute.

Who is this Iwata fella again? I thought he was some Chinese B-movie actor.
huh, I just went under the "assume they are guys online" assumption.

just tell her that there has only been like...5 plane crashed this year so far or something

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Bro, Iwata was the CEO of Nintendo. Head Honcho, mang.

And he didn't just get the title of being CEO he worked his way up through the ranks, he earned it. Very respectable and humble video game company owner IMO

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
DF, Iwata was around since the original NES, although his business decisions could be debated, his contribution can't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom