• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Elessar Elessar I'm sorry you feel that way about programmers. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Iwata.
Way to misunderstand what I said on programmers. But you're welcome; I'm always willing to share my point of views on important matters like whether pepsi or coke is better (answer is none, all sodas are poison).

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Ok, so apparently if you start making a new thread when you already had another one being made, it clears the older thread? Because apparently the guide I was working on is wiped clean. At least I saved the Sasook interview...:ohwell:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
My sister is about as punk and it gets bruh. If she spent a bit more time working on her vocal talents I swear she'd have a decent gig playing in an Alt rock band. I'd advise you simply be careful as her temperament is reminiscent of Cat's, birds of a feather even. I know some of you find "hard to get" endearing, but trust me, just keep your doctor on speed dial, she's as twisted as I am mentally.

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
It's not a coincidence that Nintendo's decline began when Iwata assumed the leadership of the corporation.
No disrespect but do you have any idea what your talking about? He was the one who was in charge during the Wii and DS/3DS. You know? The most successful consoles in Nintendo's history? If selling 154 million consoles is considered decline then I would like to hear your definition of growth. Sure, I didn't agree with everything Iwata has done recently. But he has lead Nintendo to some of its brightest days.

and the supposed creator of your childhoods. Interesting, considering Iwata didn't actually create anything.
Worked on Earthbound, Kirby, and your beloved Melee. Factual error here.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Here is the newer thread I've been working on. Tell me what you guys think is missing or what I should fix and whatnot. I'm aware of a few things though, like the intro for example. It still needs work. Warning, though. Wall of text incoming.
Apparently it's a thing for mid and low level players to hate Link, and even say that he's OP. This thread was made to address this problem.

Why For Glory Links are so Annoying, and How to Deal With Them

First off, let's address bad, spammy Link players as "scrub Links" since I'll be focusing on how to fight them specifically when the time comes.

Anyways, right now, some of you lower level players may be saying "Link is way too annoying and strong! All he does is spam projectiles and roll around until he kills me when I play online, so I hate him! Nerf please!". Well, I've got something for you guys; It's ****ing wifi, and you're still bad at the game. Even if your connection is top notch, there will always be lag. As insignificant as the lag may be to you, this largely affects gameplay. This lag makes it increasingly difficult to punish spamming as it gets worse, leading to very obnoxious players having more of an advantage online (which is why a lot of people hate online tournaments, especially most top/high level players). I can guarantee you that if a scrub Link showed up to a legit offline tournament, he wouldn't even come close to making it out of pools. Be happy thinking about that, because it's completely true and they never have.

So how do you deal with scrub Link's spam? First off, you need to get better at the game. Learn how to shield Link's projectiles and how to get around them. You might notice that when you try to get close to him, he probably will try to hit you with smashes and tilts/jabs or attempt to grab you, especially when you're at high %. All of Link's attacks are very slow one way or another (which is really bad for Link, and just as bad for scrub Links). You can try to fake your approaches with empty hops when above Link to bait something out of him in order to punish the start up/end lag. Spot dodge/roll/shield when falsely approaching on the ground to avoid getting hit in order to punish moves that have plenty of end lag (smashes, tilts, grabs, grounded spin attacks, arrows etc.), and if you catch Link using moves with a lot of start-up lag up close too often (boomerangs, pulling out bombs, Fsmashes, grabs, etc.), then this gives you a lot of time to react with a punish if you're close enough. You can either hit/grab him out of the start-up lag before the move can hit you, or you can react by sheilding or spot dodging the move and punishing the end lag if you're still close enough to do so. Once you are familiar with the timing of his projectiles, start punishing their start-up/end lag when Link is close by and catch his bombs whenenever you can. A scrub Link that sits in one place when he spams projectiles is even more vulnerable to this strategy. Most scrub Links also like to fast fall with a down air whenever you knock them high up. Spamming this every time he gets hit upwards is a horrible habit on his part. Just shield, spot dodge or airdodge when he's directly above you and punish the huge end lag when he hits the ground. If your character has a ranged upward facing move with priority like Marth and Rosalina's up aerial, then you can beat out his Dair from underneath without him hitting you if you hit him first.

Lastly, in order to punish Link's roll spam (or any kind of roll spam), what you need to do is predict when and in what situations he's going to roll and punish him when he runs out of invincibility frames. All scrub Links love to roll away or behind you as soon as they can act out of a moves endlag, so time your punishes well. Unfortunately, this is a solid tactic for almost all characters with half-decent rolls online thanks to lag, which gives you less time to react and punish opponents. The best way to deal with roll spam (online and off) in any case is to work on your reaction time to punish his moves before he can act with rolls, and to get familiar with when, where and in what situations the opponent rolls/spot dodges in order to punish their habbit with a read. Lastly this should also be mentioned; moves that have a lot of active frames where a hitbox is out (like Shiek and Luigi's neutral air or Ganondorf's grounded Warlock Kick and Flame Choke) can hit opponents right out of their rolls as long as you're right on top of them by the time the invincibility frames end, so keep this in mind.

If you meet a spammy scrub Link offline, these strategies would be even more effective, because they don't have lag to rely on and hold you back. Anyways, that's all there needs to be said about that. It should help most of you out. The strategies here are ONLY meant to be used of scrub Links for the most part, however. If you want to know how to fight real Link players, we have threads for that purpose, so please visit them. You can ask if you want to play some online games with us Link mains in the social if you want to get a good idea of how Link is supposed to be played.

How Link Should be Seen, and Why He Needs Buffs

Link isn't that great of a competitive character even after the 1.0.8 patch. He still gets destroyed in close quarters by rush-down characters (especially by top tiers like Shiek and Fox), struggles in the neutral game in many MUs thanks to having terrible frame data and no safe kill confirms, and outside of bombs, his projectile game isn't even that good. Hell, he can even be out-camped by characters with just ONE projectile like Shiek and ROB for example. In general, Link is a good mid tier character that simply cannot handel high and top teirs. In fact, he only has a couple of high/top tier MUs that aren't complete hell for him (but still has a significant disadvantage in). Not only is he not that great in competitive play, but he's the most difficult character to learn and play properly at high levels. Why do you think we don't see many Link players win tournaments, let alone many good Link players at all? He has almost no good tournament representation because he's just that difficult to learn and frankly, not too many people find it worth the trouble to learn him because Link is destroyed by high/top tiers.

Unlike now, Link used to have a safe, reliable way (which was his only safe and reliable way) to land kill confirms and approach before the 1.0.6 patch, which was possible with his jab 1 cancel. But due to the spread of misinformation, Link had the one good thing about him at the time taken away. Because of the discovery of a highly situational "jab lock" (that was heavily MU dependent and extremely difficult to perform unlike Fox's for example) that people kept saying was an infinite, Nintendo for some reason listened to these false complaints and "handeled" the "jab infinite" by completely removing the IASA frames from the move. That was what allowed Link to safely combo his jab into a kill option and approach/actually put up a fight in CQC (mind you that set-ups into kill options and grabs off of his jab 1 only worked at mid-high percent, which was fair considering what it was used for). It's removal completely changed Link's metagame for worse and heavily nerfed him for no reason; we are now forced to play more defensively and use more projectiles. It's what everyone wanted, right guys? What's worse is that Nintendo could've removed the "jab lock" if it bothered them that much by simply changing the hitboxes so that jab 1 couldn't combo into itself too many times. Link still struggles and is completely trashed by nearly every fast/combo heavy character because of that nerf even now. If he could still use his first jab to safely lead into kills and approach like he used to along with the rest of the buffs he recieved in 1.0.8, he would finally be a great character in Smash, because he would have something to at least help him deal with the high tier/top tier/fast characters (he would still be at a disadvantage for most of those MUs because of he's combo food, but it would no longer be a breeze for the high/top tiers at the very least). He would be very well balanced and could finally be solidly viable in competitive play that way. I Nintendo doesn't like that idea then there are plenty of other ways to buff Link's CQC game such as buffing the frame data of Jab 1, Ftilt and Utilt so that they have less start-up. Link has NEVER been a very competitive character in ANY legitimate Smash game. It just seems to his loyal mains that Link just can't have a break, can he?

So to those who are complaining about Link, please stop. Just because he's annoying online and you don't know how to deal with spam doesn't mean that he isn't in need of a buff/needs a nerf. The last thing we Link mains want is another nerf for no good reason at all, so please consider what I tell you; we need everyone to know about this information. All we want is for our hero to be solidly viable in competitive Smash for once, but we can't have that if so many people are against Link having another buff. Thanks for reading.
[spoiler/]

Dammit, I forgot how to spoiler.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Also are DF and Cat..... If I am wrong let me know.
Does it matter?

I will be honest, it's making me a bit uncomfortable that we are talking about Cat like this. She's just a person like everyone else, why do we have to bring up things like her relationships/she's not my type stuff.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
No disrespect but do you have any idea what your talking about? He was the one who was in charge during the Wii and DS/3DS. You know? The most successful consoles in Nintendo's history? If selling 154 million consoles is considered decline then I would like to hear your definition of growth. Sure, I didn't agree with everything Iwata has done recently. But he has lead Nintendo to some of its brightest days.
You mean the Wii, the console that out sold every other peer but was also the least played, sold almost no titles, had a host of bad third party games, and Nintendo still managed to lose money? The Wii out sold the PS3 and 360, but guess which console was the winner of that generation. See, there's a difference between a console selling and a company being successful, and Nintendo hasn't been exactly "successful" since Gamecube days (coincidentally, the year that Iwata assumed his presidency).

Nintendo had always had the most powerful console in the market right until the Wii. The Wii was the first console by Nintendo that was considerably underpowered, and while it sold a lot it also began the decline for Nintendo (some could argue it started during the N64 days, but I won't want to ramble too much). The problem Nintendo is having now did not spruce over night, it was developed over years of neglecting their consumer base by not adapting to new demands, to the way that the current/modern market works. You can't be detached from your fans as you could 15 or 30 years ago. You can't ignore third party devs nor try to be truly successful these days without third party support, yet Nintendo is culprit of these things and more during Iwata's reign. He wasn't a business savvy person. Beast of a programmer, great human being, he was everything that you want, but he wasn't a good business man. Or will you tell me that Nintendo has been run flawlessly all these years? That none of their business decisions seemed stupid.

Wait, what am I saying, you're 15, of course you won't understand what I'm saying.

Worked on Earthbound, Kirby, and your beloved Melee. Factual error here.
Who said I loved melee? Also, worked on does not equate to created. Many other people also worked on Earthbound (never played it), Kirby (don't like it), and Melee but I don't see anyone giving them credit as creators.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
You mean the Wii, the console that out sold every other peer but was also the least played, sold almost no titles, had a host of bad third party games, and Nintendo still managed to lose money? The Wii out sold the PS3 and 360, but guess which console was the winner of that generation. See, there's a difference between a console selling and a company being successful, and Nintendo hasn't been exactly "successful" since Gamecube days (coincidentally, the year that Iwata assumed his presidency).

Nintendo had always had the most powerful console in the market right until the Wii. The Wii was the first console by Nintendo that was considerably underpowered, and while it sold a lot it also began the decline for Nintendo (some could argue it started during the N64 days, but I won't want to ramble too much). The problem Nintendo is having now did not spruce over night, it was developed over years of neglecting their consumer base by not adapting to new demands, to the way that the current/modern market works. You can't be detached from your fans as you could 15 or 30 years ago. You can't ignore third party devs nor try to be truly successful these days without third party support, yet Nintendo is culprit of these things and more during Iwata's reign. He wasn't a business savvy person. Beast of a programmer, great human being, he was everything that you want, but he wasn't a good business man. Or will you tell me that Nintendo has been run flawlessly all these years? That none of their business decisions seemed stupid.

Wait, what am I saying, you're 15, of course you won't understand what I'm saying.

Who said I loved melee? Also, worked on does not equate to created. Many other people also worked on Earthbound (never played it), Kirby (don't like it), and Melee but I don't see anyone giving them credit as creators.
Ele, your hippocracy is showing.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Am I the only one here actually agreeing with what @ Elessar Elessar is saying? It's because of their bad business strategies over the years I'm more into playing my PS3 and eventually PS4 because they havent started listening to consumer demand until recently, and even then they're still either far behind or are still neglecting their fans in some way, shape or form (Metroid Prime FF anyone?)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Does it matter?

I will be honest, it's making me a bit uncomfortable that we are talking about Cat like this. She's just a person like everyone else, why do we have to bring up things like her relationships/she's not my type stuff.
well I don't really know, but I guess your right it does not matter.

tired of fighting non Links. dittos anyone? also I am thinking of making a tournament. what are reasonable prizes for 2nd and third place?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I meant it from a knowledge point of view. Iwata's Nintendo is the only Nintendo he (you as well for that matter too) knows. You kids don't know what it was like in the 80s or 90s, in Nintendo's true glory days. You have no idea how much the market changed and how much it hurts to see people adapting to it and nintendo staunchly refusing to. It's like seeing a really old man calling the advent of internet and computers a "fad that will pass on".

Oh wait, you also don't remember a world before internet or household computers, right?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
well I don't really know, but I guess your right it does not matter.

tired of fighting non Links. dittos anyone? also I am thinking of making a tournament. what are reasonable prizes for 2nd and third place?
Gift cards probably. Is this an online tournament? If so, host a stream for it.

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Am I the only one here actually agreeing with @ Elessar Elessar is saying? It's because of their bad business strategies over the years I'm more into playing my PS3 and eventually PS4 because they havent started listening to consumer demand until recently, and even then they're still either far behind or are still neglecting their fans in some way, shape or form (Metroid Prime FF anyone?)
Yes you are the only one.

Want to hear an ACTUAL horrid business practice? It came from Sony.

Terrible security for sensitive information (credit card numbers, gamer accounts, etc) thus being hacked. What makes this worse? Sony not releasing this information until 6 days later to the public (oh I guess we should mention your info is in the hands of some hackers lol). THAT is bad business practice and neglect at its absolute finest.

Oh and i guess the whole having subpar online service that USED to have the gimmick of being free (no longer).

I'm not here to argue against Elessar, but I felt this needed to be addressed.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
T

Terrible security for sensitive information (credit card numbers, gamer accounts, etc) thus being hacked. What makes this worse? Sony not releasing this information until 6 days later to the public (oh I guess we should mention your info is in the hands of some hackers lol). THAT is bad business practice and neglect at its absolute finest.

Oh and i guess the whole having subpar online service that USED to have the gimmick of being free (no longer).

oh, I'm pretty sure every company has its own skeleton in the closet. What I'm saying is that Nintendo is so far behind what consumers want these days (third party support and hardware power) and yet they still continue to neglect it, it's really about time these practices came by and finally bit them in the butt by what's shown in the WiiUs sales, otherwise they would've never taken the opportunity to somewhat adapt to demand like they have been very recently, otherwise they'll still have their heads up in their rear ends like they did during the age of the Wii and to an extent, GameCube.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 You should mention that FG being only on FD also affect the spamming game. Also,while this is my personal opinion, I don't agree with Link being the hardest character in the game. I can easily see him as top 10, but f.e. people like Shulk, Pacman, Ryu and DH are fairly more difficult than him.
Also I don't know how much I agree with this thread. 90% of FG scrubs won't read it and that 10% will read it just to whine more. I don't know if it'll be so useful after all

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this "thread" you are working so hard to complete?

Have you considered the possibility (very likely) of it breeding nothing but arguments and maybe even more hate? This is just assuming that these For Glory players actually find the thread and read it. I'd be careful with how you word certain things.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
^ let alone people actually finding the thread and reading it.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Gift cards probably. Is this an online tournament? If so, host a stream for it.
Good idea about the gifcards. but 4 streaming I have no capture device so that may be a challenge.

@ Zane the pure Zane the pure I have 7 brothers and 4 sisters. None of them are geeks sadly. Just thought I would tell you that.

Here is the newer thread I've been working on. Tell me what you guys think is missing or what I should fix and whatnot. I'm aware of a few things though, like the intro for example. It still needs work. Warning, though. Wall of text incoming.
Apparently it's a thing for mid and low level players to hate Link, and even say that he's OP. This thread was made to address this problem.

Why For Glory Links are so Annoying, and How to Deal With Them

First off, let's address bad, spammy Link players as "scrub Links" since I'll be focusing on how to fight them specifically when the time comes.

Anyways, right now, some of you lower level players may be saying "Link is way too annoying and strong! All he does is spam projectiles and roll around until he kills me when I play online, so I hate him! Nerf please!". Well, I've got something for you guys; It's ****ing wifi, and you're still bad at the game. Even if your connection is top notch, there will always be lag. As insignificant as the lag may be to you, this largely affects gameplay. This lag makes it increasingly difficult to punish spamming as it gets worse, leading to very obnoxious players having more of an advantage online (which is why a lot of people hate online tournaments, especially most top/high level players). I can guarantee you that if a scrub Link showed up to a legit offline tournament, he wouldn't even come close to making it out of pools. Be happy thinking about that, because it's completely true and they never have.

So how do you deal with scrub Link's spam? First off, you need to get better at the game. Learn how to shield Link's projectiles and how to get around them. You might notice that when you try to get close to him, he probably will try to hit you with smashes and tilts/jabs or attempt to grab you, especially when you're at high %. All of Link's attacks are very slow one way or another (which is really bad for Link, and just as bad for scrub Links). You can try to fake your approaches with empty hops when above Link to bait something out of him in order to punish the start up/end lag. Spot dodge/roll/shield when falsely approaching on the ground to avoid getting hit in order to punish moves that have plenty of end lag (smashes, tilts, grabs, grounded spin attacks, arrows etc.), and if you catch Link using moves with a lot of start-up lag up close too often (boomerangs, pulling out bombs, Fsmashes, grabs, etc.), then this gives you a lot of time to react with a punish if you're close enough. You can either hit/grab him out of the start-up lag before the move can hit you, or you can react by sheilding or spot dodging the move and punishing the end lag if you're still close enough to do so. Once you are familiar with the timing of his projectiles, start punishing their start-up/end lag when Link is close by and catch his bombs whenenever you can. A scrub Link that sits in one place when he spams projectiles is even more vulnerable to this strategy. Most scrub Links also like to fast fall with a down air whenever you knock them high up. Spamming this every time he gets hit upwards is a horrible habit on his part. Just shield, spot dodge or airdodge when he's directly above you and punish the huge end lag when he hits the ground. If your character has a ranged upward facing move with priority like Marth and Rosalina's up aerial, then you can beat out his Dair from underneath without him hitting you if you hit him first.

Lastly, in order to punish Link's roll spam (or any kind of roll spam), what you need to do is predict when and in what situations he's going to roll and punish him when he runs out of invincibility frames. All scrub Links love to roll away or behind you as soon as they can act out of a moves endlag, so time your punishes well. Unfortunately, this is a solid tactic for almost all characters with half-decent rolls online thanks to lag, which gives you less time to react and punish opponents. The best way to deal with roll spam (online and off) in any case is to work on your reaction time to punish his moves before he can act with rolls, and to get familiar with when, where and in what situations the opponent rolls/spot dodges in order to punish their habbit with a read. Lastly this should also be mentioned; moves that have a lot of active frames where a hitbox is out (like Shiek and Luigi's neutral air or Ganondorf's grounded Warlock Kick and Flame Choke) can hit opponents right out of their rolls as long as you're right on top of them by the time the invincibility frames end, so keep this in mind.

If you meet a spammy scrub Link offline, these strategies would be even more effective, because they don't have lag to rely on and hold you back. Anyways, that's all there needs to be said about that. It should help most of you out. The strategies here are ONLY meant to be used of scrub Links for the most part, however. If you want to know how to fight real Link players, we have threads for that purpose, so please visit them. You can ask if you want to play some online games with us Link mains in the social if you want to get a good idea of how Link is supposed to be played.

How Link Should be Seen, and Why He Needs Buffs

Link isn't that great of a competitive character even after the 1.0.8 patch. He still gets destroyed in close quarters by rush-down characters (especially by top tiers like Shiek and Fox), struggles in the neutral game in many MUs thanks to having terrible frame data and no safe kill confirms, and outside of bombs, his projectile game isn't even that good. Hell, he can even be out-camped by characters with just ONE projectile like Shiek and ROB for example. In general, Link is a good mid tier character that simply cannot handel high and top teirs. In fact, he only has a couple of high/top tier MUs that aren't complete hell for him (but still has a significant disadvantage in). Not only is he not that great in competitive play, but he's the most difficult character to learn and play properly at high levels. Why do you think we don't see many Link players win tournaments, let alone many good Link players at all? He has almost no good tournament representation because he's just that difficult to learn and frankly, not too many people find it worth the trouble to learn him because Link is destroyed by high/top tiers.

Unlike now, Link used to have a safe, reliable way (which was his only safe and reliable way) to land kill confirms and approach before the 1.0.6 patch, which was possible with his jab 1 cancel. But due to the spread of misinformation, Link had the one good thing about him at the time taken away. Because of the discovery of a highly situational "jab lock" (that was heavily MU dependent and extremely difficult to perform unlike Fox's for example) that people kept saying was an infinite, Nintendo for some reason listened to these false complaints and "handeled" the "jab infinite" by completely removing the IASA frames from the move. That was what allowed Link to safely combo his jab into a kill option and approach/actually put up a fight in CQC (mind you that set-ups into kill options and grabs off of his jab 1 only worked at mid-high percent, which was fair considering what it was used for). It's removal completely changed Link's metagame for worse and heavily nerfed him for no reason; we are now forced to play more defensively and use more projectiles. It's what everyone wanted, right guys? What's worse is that Nintendo could've removed the "jab lock" if it bothered them that much by simply changing the hitboxes so that jab 1 couldn't combo into itself too many times. Link still struggles and is completely trashed by nearly every fast/combo heavy character because of that nerf even now. If he could still use his first jab to safely lead into kills and approach like he used to along with the rest of the buffs he recieved in 1.0.8, he would finally be a great character in Smash, because he would have something to at least help him deal with the high tier/top tier/fast characters (he would still be at a disadvantage for most of those MUs because of he's combo food, but it would no longer be a breeze for the high/top tiers at the very least). He would be very well balanced and could finally be solidly viable in competitive play that way. I Nintendo doesn't like that idea then there are plenty of other ways to buff Link's CQC game such as buffing the frame data of Jab 1, Ftilt and Utilt so that they have less start-up. Link has NEVER been a very competitive character in ANY legitimate Smash game. It just seems to his loyal mains that Link just can't have a break, can he?

So to those who are complaining about Link, please stop. Just because he's annoying online and you don't know how to deal with spam doesn't mean that he isn't in need of a buff/needs a nerf. The last thing we Link mains want is another nerf for no good reason at all, so please consider what I tell you; we need everyone to know about this information. All we want is for our hero to be solidly viable in competitive Smash for once, but we can't have that if so many people are against Link having another buff. Thanks for reading.
[spoiler/]

Dammit, I forgot how to spoiler.
I know you want people to apperiate Link, but the damage has already been done. No one likes Link in smash that much. something my old man told me was anyone can produce words, but not everyone can put in action. they don't want to hear words sadly. We have to improve and put in work if we want hope that Link is seen as more than just a spammer.

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
After all, it's normal that not only Link but all campers have never been that great (with the exception of Melee Samus). Think about that: other types of characters have complete gameplay: for example, aggressive characters thatwwant to stay close to you have the speed and mobility for do that, and heavies kill you early and they have the damage output to rise to kill percent with few attacks. Campers aren't like that. They want to maintain distance between the opponent but if he gets in they should have a really good keep away and gtfo game, which they obviously don't have. Like, I don't mean having a lot of combos. That would be a little bull****. A string of 2-3 attacks would be good, but it has to launch away from you the opponent to restart the camping game. That wouldn't be broken because we still will be combo food and have terrible mobility. Link's jab cancel somewhat did this and in fact he was quite usable in tournaments those days. Sadly it's now gone.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
and Nintendo still managed to lose money?

I'd like to see some proof of that.

To be fair, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with Elessar when he addresses Nintendo's shoddy business practices over he past couple of years.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'd like to see some proof of that.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...in-three-decades-over-500-million-in-the-red/

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-17852137

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/24/3546942/nintendo-first-half-2012-financial-results

Remember that 2012 was before Wii U launched and the final year of the Wii. that means that the Wii was a burst of sales at first, then died and didn't sell anymore while the PS3 was the opposite. Do you who usually wins a race? I'll give you a hint, it's not the once who starts by sprinting.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...in-three-decades-over-500-million-in-the-red/

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-17852137

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/24/3546942/nintendo-first-half-2012-financial-results

Remember that 2012 was before Wii U launched and the final year of the Wii. that means that the Wii was a burst of sales at first, then died and didn't sell anymore while the PS3 was the opposite. Do you who usually wins a race? I'll give you a hint, it's not the once who starts by sprinting.
Alright, fair enough. Just wanted to see a source on that.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 what exactly are you hoping to accomplish with this "thread" you are working so hard to complete?

Have you considered the possibility (very likely) of it breeding nothing but arguments and maybe even more hate? This is just assuming that these For Glory players actually find the thread and read it. I'd be careful with how you word certain things.
I'll see what I can do about that. The purpose of the thread is self explanatory though.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So another great man has passed from this world. It breaks my heart to see him go. Though I like to believe that he passed away happy and with no regrets and that

We may all meet again in another life :crying:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
People are placing flowers outside of Nintendo of America's headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It's pretty sad to see such a unique man leave the gaming industry, especially after he had contributed so much to the thing he loved.

Top Bottom