• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Ah now I remember, he was the drummer from the Japanese cult grindcore band The Anger In My Lonely Cells. I fondly remember such classic tunes as 'Literally Stealing My Heart', 'Anger and Loneliness and Electric Guitars' and 'Rock You Like an Ancient Witch Curse'. He will be missed.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Lol there were three college-aged dudes who were taking a pic with a selfie stick before boarding no way

We're at seats DF anyway, I dig this plane.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I've heard terminator is meeehhh but I loved inside out
Naw, Terminator was really good. The whole time travel aspect was a bit mind numbing but nothing too bad. Agreed with Inside Out though. Another classic from Pixar. It got some feels out of me which usually doesn't happen in movies like that.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Does..... any....one want to......battle...? *Bursts out crying*
Man...you're really over doing this. It's sad but really now.... You're sad, we got it from your 30 other "OMG I CRI EVERY TIME" Posts. We are all mourning so we don't need it obnoxiously shoved in our face

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Don't you main Roy? Go to their boards and find games. Heck, there's Anther's Ladder or the SSB4 General Discussion to go to. If you know no one around here wants to be around you, then just leave and just find other people to be around. No use beating on a dead horse. :p

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Don't you main Roy? Go to their boards and find games. Heck, there's Anther's Ladder or the SSB4 General Discussion to go to. If you know no one wants to be around you, then just leave. No use beating on a dead horse. :p
Yes and I do go there to fight non Links and I do go on Anthers ladder to grow among the best, and I am apart of 10 boards other than this one, but I can be where ever I want to be, and if you don't want to be around me how about you leave? sounds like a good idea to me. places I want to go are my decision, not you or anyone else's.

Last edited:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, dude, but they are far from the best. Most people there think Link has awesome jabs and think his arrows are the best weapon he has, and they also main like, Sheik and Ganon or some ****. Anther's ladder is a great place to get fun doubles going, or to find others that love the game if there's not a active scene where you're at, but to say they are the best just isn't a very smart thing to say.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Yes and I do go there to fight non Links and I do go on Anthers ladder to grow among the best, and I am apart of 10 boards other than this one, but I can be where ever I want to be, and if you don't want to be around me how about you leave? sounds like a good idea to me. places I want to go are my decision, not you or anyone else's.
Or we can just, ya know, ignore you like we've been doing. Stop trying to cry for attention, this isn't a high school drama club, and it just worsens your image here on the Link boards, or anywhere else for that matter.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Or we can just, ya know, ignore you like we've been doing. Stop trying to cry for attention, this isn't a high school drama club, and it just worsens your image here on the Link boards, or anywhere else for that matter.
Then stop giving it to me.

@ Himura Kenshin Himura Kenshin yeah some of them are good.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Then stop giving it to me.

@ Himura Kenshin Himura Kenshin yeah some of them are good.
very few. We are talking about "the best". very VERY few of the best are there...might just be dabuz.

anyway, if you aren't truly wanting to be good at this game then online play is not where you need to be. plain and simple. It might be good for keeping you fresh but any amount of lag (even the best connection possible still has lag) changes the tempo of the game pretty significantly.

edit: ugh...I work in 5 hours. Why do I do this to myself

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Obviously not knowing who Yamauchi is means you can't be sad about Iwata....obviously.
Not knowing who Yamauchi was means you can be sad about Iwata. Fail moar plz.

I was talking with the wifey about Yamauchi actually. That had a strong business game. He didn't know about video games but damn he knew a good idea when he saw it.

Yamauchi was old and dying for awhile. It was, as cold as it sounds, expect. Sad but it's not like it wasn;t coming. Iwata was sudden and he was young. Both are great losses in my eyes

Also this. As I told Shin, Iwata was a great person and took good care of his employees, but as a CEO he sucked hard from a business perspective. It's not a coincidence that Nintendo's decline began when Iwata assumed the leadership of the corporation.

But go on, keep weeping. I love how all the people who raised their hands in a collective "wtf" all these years over all of Nintendo's stupid ideas and moves are now collectively mourning a "fantastic" CEO and the supposed creator of your childhoods. Interesting, considering Iwata didn't actually create anything.

But do go on, keep weeping. Don't let me stop you, please.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Not knowing who Yamauchi was means you can be sad about Iwata. Fail moar plz.

Also this. As I told Shin, Iwata was a great person and took good care of his employees, but as a CEO he sucked hard from a business perspective. It's not a coincidence that Nintendo's decline began when Iwata assumed the leadership of the corporation.

But go on, keep weeping. I love how all the people who raised their hands in a collective "wtf" all these years over all of Nintendo's stupid ideas and moves are now collectively mourning a "fantastic" CEO and the supposed creator of your childhoods. Interesting, considering Iwata didn't actually create anything.

But do go on, keep weeping. Don't let me stop you, please.
It is kinda funny that under iwata both the lowest points (GameCube and Wii U) for the company AND the highest points (Wii, DS/3DS) happened. He had some great things but also equally bad things. Kinda evens out...however under Yamauchi it was , for the most part, just growth (except that....virtual boy thing)

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
very few. We are talking about "the best". very VERY few of the best are there...might just be dabuz.

anyway, if you aren't truly wanting to be good at this game then online play is not where you need to be. plain and simple. It might be good for keeping you fresh but any amount of lag (even the best connection possible still has lag) changes the tempo of the game pretty significantly.

edit: ugh...I work in 5 hours. Why do I do this to myself
I understand, thank you.

WAIT DABUZ?

...and the supposed creator of your childhoods. Interesting, considering Iwata didn't actually create anything.
This is actually untrue. Though most of what Iwata did was coding, he was such an immense hero at it that his impact on the games he coded for is undeniable. The efficiency of his coding is the only reason we could have a second region in Pokemon gen 2, for example. Without Iwata, Smash bros would have never happened either. He worked on, and worked well on, many of the games from people's childhoods. Particularly the younger among us. He didn't just appear on the scene as a CEO one day, he worked his way up as a programmer, starting in the early 80's.

He worked hard, often, and rose quickly. He was president of HAL, not Sakurai, who built HAL up into a thriving and respected second party studio. I reiterate, the franchise about which this entire board is centered would have never existed without Iwata, who came up with the idea with Sakurai while working on something else.

He is also the one who bought back most of Nintendo's stock, allowing Nintendo to be a private company again. People certainly have been overdoing the mourning and sadness, but lets not sell the man short. He achieved great things.

Your post does not apply to me. I never agreed with you on Iwata, but it's worth correcting the parts concerned with objective realities. Iwata contributed.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
So I was playing anthers a few secs ago (still am) and come across this guy who wants to play customs. I agree and set up my custom Link with the Melee boomerang. And I was reminded how cheated Link mains where with that stupid tornado gimmicky bull ****. That's not fair. ended up winning faster than sonic during his manga.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I dot know how you can play smash. I played smash then read the article then I just stopped for the whole day. Its just too sad :(
He did make help make smash, so I am playing with one of his beloved gifts that will last 4ever.

This was posted the same day he went Valhalla.

This is a sign that he made it.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
This is actually untrue. Though most of what Iwata did was coding, he was such an immense hero at it that his impact on the games he coded for is undeniable. The efficiency of his coding is the only reason we could have a second region in Pokemon gen 2, for example. Without Iwata, Smash bros would have never happened either. He worked on, and worked well on, many of the games from people's childhoods. Particularly the younger among us. He didn't just appear on the scene as a CEO one day, he worked his way up as a programmer, starting in the early 80's.

He worked hard, often, and rose quickly. He was president of HAL, not Sakurai, who built HAL up into a thriving and respected second party studio. I reiterate, the franchise about which this entire board is centered would have never existed without Iwata, who came up with the idea with Sakurai while working on something else.

He is also the one who bought back most of Nintendo's stock, allowing Nintendo to be a private company again. People certainly have been overdoing the mourning and sadness, but lets not sell the man short. He achieved great things.

Your post does not apply to me. I never agreed with you on Iwata, but it's worth correcting the parts concerned with objective realities. Iwata contributed.
No we have never agreed on Iwata from a business perspective, I agree on that. As I said, he could've had many attributes, but being a good CEO from a business POV wasn't one of them. Also, a coder in a company that big hardly creates anything (Unless you're Carmack, but if you're Carmack you're a god). I mean, nobody here even knows who coded most of the games we play because we only are about the creator or the director, not each member of the dev team. So he could've been the best coder in Ninty, but that still won't make him the creator of anyone's childhood. Well, technically it does since he did participate int he creation but he's not the conceiver (I just coined a new word, deal with it) at least.

Hear that whooshing sound? That's the joke going over your head.
You're really not as smart you think considering you seem to fail at interpreting inflections in posts via italics. As I said, fail moar plz.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Here's some theory craft Link buffs to get our minds rolling again. These are just my theories as to how Nintendo might go about buffing Link at some point:

1.) Major frame decrease for Link's grab. I'd expect like 4-5 frame decreases on every form of grab (better Option after jab 2)
2.) Major end lag decreases for tilts for an enhanced CQC. Possibility some start-up buffs on Ftilt and Utilt for more guaranteed options out of jab 2.
3.) Jab 1 start-up buffs, Jab 1 or jab 2 combos could be a thing. Maybe.
4.) Start-up and landing lag buffs for Link's aerials.
5.) % and KB nerfs would probably be applied to balance things out. To be expected, though.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Do not make me drag you to my shed.

To be fair, gender matters less when you have the disposition of a pregnant grizzly bear. Who's gonna **** with Cat?
Maybe DF does, who knows. Maybe Cat's facade is just a front so people don't harass her in an online forum.

In any case, Cat's not my style. She's cool and fun to hang around with, but I wouldn't want to be romantically involved with her (not that it would be physically possible anyways).

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
The mourning of a person's death should always be done regardless of that person's achievements or failures. Death is never something to brush over. You have to get over it sure but never simply go by it.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ Elessar Elessar I'm sorry you feel that way about programmers. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Iwata.

Last edited:
Top Bottom