• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Well you must remember according to the developers For Glory IS the competitive scene. The place for the "hardcore" players to play "competitively". No platforms, no items, one stage, and lag; that is where the serious players go.
That makes me wonder though. Is Link better on the omega stages and FD in a real competitive environment? Huh.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I'd say he's good on FD, he got projectiles that aren't blocked by platforms, and FD is wide, so we got room to use projectiles against rushdown characters.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Ya' know, given how horrible the playerbase is for For Glory (personality and playstyle-wise), I would be completely okay if it got scrapped all-together, if only to avoid any further nerfs. People who really want to adapt should be doing it at local friendlies, not on a lag-riddled mess of a online mode.
But epeen! How will the scrubs inflate their epeen?

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Yeah pretty much. That's probably another reason why Link does so well in FG.

So I checked out Etica's channel on YT and it looks like Zero is going to attend CEO this year (which is in Fl, the state in which I live), and it's likely that I'll be going as well, not to mention that there'll be a $500 reward or possibly even more for whoever gets to take him out of the tournament (and I believe there will still be a reward for who can send him to the loser's bracket). What are the odds? This could be a huge chance for me to show what I've got against the proclaimed best Sm4sh player in the world. I'm stolked and bouncing off the walls with excitement right now.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
That makes me wonder though. Is Link better on the omega stages and FD in a real competitive environment? Huh.
Against a non For Glory player? Probably not. Platforms help Link in the case he can get his space to get projectiles out. FD may seem great since once Link gains stage control it might be hard to lose it. But there just other stages that are better suited for him in my opinion.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yeah pretty much. That's probably another reason why Link does so well in FG.

So I checked out Etica's channel on YT and it looks like Zero is going to attend CEO this year (which is in Fl, the state in which I live), and it's likely that I'll be going as well, not to mention that there'll be a $500 reward or possibly even more for whoever gets to take him out of the tournament (and I believe there will still be a reward for who can send him to the loser's bracket). What are the odds? This could be a huge chance for me to show what I've got against the proclaimed best Sm4sh player in the world. I'm stolked and bouncing off the walls with excitement right now.
I agree, this is a huge chance for you. You can totally do this; that reward is just as well yours already. Go get him!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Greninja? Greninja's decent, certainly better than Link.

Palutena is better as well.

Bowser Jr. is bad tho I agree.
Greninja i understand, Palutena though? I don't see how Palutena is better. I know she has some things better than Link, but Link is better as a character in my opinion.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I agree, this is a huge chance for you. You can totally do this; that reward is just as well yours already. Go get him!
You srs bruh? I'm kinda confused, since I usually don't see stuff like that coming from you lol.

On the other hand I know this is @Volcanic Doomfire's thing, but I decided to whip up a quick poem for us Link mains. So here you go;

One's knowledge of Sm4sh's MUs had better be damned exceptional

For whom I main has a playstyle that is quite unconventional

Despite what people may think they know of him, I'm afraid they're quite mistaken'

He is not quite as bad a character as one may hath taken

His power be granted only to those with true courage

In no time most would become easily discouraged

His playstyle takes so much true work, patience and grit to be utilized

His skill cap is the highest in the game, one might be surprised

Competitively, not casually is he so difficult to be played

That for his true power, few have what it takes for it to be portrayed

Hardened from the torturous depths of Brawl's tier list, he is in seek of vengeance

To CEO he comes with solemn impedance

Be wary

This character will make one bow their head in shame; Unflinchingly, he will not hesitate to take a game.

Be wary

This character will not be willing to devote even a single ****; One after the other, unmercifully, he will devour each stock

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Last page was kinda fun. This one is giving me some serious "
" issues...
Meanwhile, I'll be on pretty late tonight trying to get some matches in, so I'll be on in about 30 minutes to play.

I'm gonna see if I can catch @Hyrule Hero at our next weekly and run the ditto with him for a while, and god willing there'll be some replays.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Greninja i understand, Palutena though? I don't see how Palutena is better. I know she has some things better than Link, but Link is better as a character in my opinion.
Lightweight and Superspeed.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Explosive Flame. Jump Glide.

No comment on the poem I just made? Oh well, it's not like I put in any time or effort to make it or anything. :glare:
I liked it. Very nice and true. Exactly describing what Link is :)

:4link:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
You srs bruh? I'm kinda confused, since I usually don't see stuff like that coming from you lol.
DD, you did actually not catch the irony, did you?

Look, do you really have experience on tournaments? I remember that you said no. In other hand, do you have experience against high level player? Did you even win a big tournament? And a little one?
Finally, Zero is one of the best and one of the most mercyless of the pros... do you really think you have a chance... with a nerfed link?
Dude, i know you are a kiddo, but get in yourself!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
DD, you did actually not catch the irony, did you?

Look, do you really have experience on tournaments? I remember that you said no. In other hand, do you have experience against high level player? Did you even win a big tournament? And a little one?
Finally, Zero is one of the best and one of the most mercyless of the pros... do you really think you have a chance... with a nerfed link?
Dude, i know you are a kiddo, but get in yourself!
Did you see the Captain Falcon icon next to my Link icon? Gee, I wonder why that's there...

Also, notice how not once did I mention I'd actually beat Zero. I have a minimal chance of knocking him into losers but that's about it. I'm not expecting much else.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Did you see the Captain Falcon icon next to my Link icon? Gee, I wonder why that's there...
I'm not really sure, but if I had to take a guess, and remember I might be wrong here, but it's probably because you put it there...but I might be way off, i'unno.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Speaking of character icons, @ Zelkam Zelkam . I see you have a Fox icon under your name.

Question, would you like for is old Bair to return or for him to keep his new one?

Top Bottom