• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I got my messenger bag last week. Kind of disappointed with it tbh. It's a lot simpler than expected, the fabric is flimsier, and o don't like that the images are made with grey glitter. It's still cool, but I am disappointed nonetheless.
Yeah it is pretty flimsy. It looks cool though, even if it is hard to see. It also has a very heavy chemical smell, but that'll fade over time I'm sure. I have a heavier duty one I got in pharmacy school that I can use for most stuff. I plan on mostly using this one to transport light stuff around, not for things like textbooks, so it should work for what I plan to use it for.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yeah it is pretty flimsy. It looks cool though, even if it is hard to see. It also has a very heavy chemical smell, but that'll fade over time I'm sure. I have a heavier duty one I got in pharmacy school that I can use for most stuff. I plan on mostly using this one to transport light stuff around, not for things like textbooks, so it should work for what I plan to use it for.
I plan to use mine to transport my Wii U to tournaments and things like that. It should be find for that.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I wonder if you can still use Mewtwo's "custom moves" after the patch. Does anyone know ?

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Seems so, I'm still looking for detailed patch notes. One thing though Jab cancel didn't come back.
Not surprising, considering it's only been a couple weeks.
We can only hope, but for now I implore everyone to work on making reads to secure KOs.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
What are these colored tags and how do I make them go away?

So tomorrow at 2:30 Florida time I'll be having another stream up, this time with commentating hopefully. It'll be doubles practice for the tourney. I'll post the link again and as always appreciate all help regarding setup and views. I really want to make this next tourney an amazing one.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Howdy y'all! Wanna hair ma funny country bumpkin story? So thar were these cows as I drove by but they were suddenly vairy tall. It ends up that 2 brown cows were standing next to 3 brown horses! That sure did throw me for a loop; got me scratching ma hed it did. :laugh:

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! :) just got done competing in my first tournament in many months. Placed 9th out of 33 using only link, so I'm pretty happy with the results. My losses came from Tyrant in winners bracket, which some of you know as one of the best Smash players in SoCal, and a fantastic Mega Man in losers bracket. Using a 3DS as a controller sucks. XD
http://challonge.com/oombasingles1/standings#

Felt good to be off of For Glory and in the competitive scene again!

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ ArdeS ArdeS great work :)

@ anyone: What are your favorite Zelda dungeon themes? Not necessarily in layout designs, difficulty etc but conceptually which dungeons do you find cool?

Mine:

The Face Shrine (from LA) is a cool premise for a level. The shy guys with masks, enemies that mirror Link's movements and the face boss all were nice touches. This could have been a very surreal 3D level with good puzzles.

Forrest Temple (OoT)
Great atmosphere. It felt mysterious and made you nervous the first time through without actually being scary. It had an otherworldly spiritual feel. The music was perfect.

Bottom of the Well (OoT). The name alone sounds creepy and cool. It's a great variation of the standard crypt type level and the water level lowering added a nice mechanic. I also like how you can beat it in under 5 minutes if you know what you are doing but can spend hours trying to figure it out otherwise.

Snowpeak Ruins (TP) This is a neat combination of a haunted house and ice dungeon. Gathering ingredients for the soup then having it cure Yeta enough to finally remember where the boss key is was an interesting variation of fetch quests. I liked the canon puzzles.

City in the Sky (TP) The name says it all. A floating city as a dungeon?! Heck yeah!

Gargoyle's Domain (ALttP)
The name's awesome and having the maiden you're trying to rescue really be a demonic boss was a great mechanic.

Misery Mire (ALttP) for some reason I always liked this level. I can't say exactly why but the coloration made it pretty but it kept the swamp palace sliminess at the same time.

Great Bay Temple (MM). Swimming fast as a zora, ice arrows to freeze the water, fire arrows to melt the ice, directing currents to power water wheels. This is my favorite water level in all the series. The stray farries add even more challenge. I wish more levels were as challenging and outside the box thinking as this.

Stone Tower (MM). Another cool variation of crypt type levels. The Spirit temple in OoT was good but Stone Tower blows it out of the water. The temple flipping upside down was awesome.

Maze Palace (Zelda 2) Having a huge labyrinth land surrounding a palace is very cool. Although the actual level in zelda 2 wasn't anything special the concept was good.

Ancient Cistern (SS) Everyone saw this coming. Working the thread story and contrast of a beautiful lotus garden and poisonous crypt into a dungeon was awesome. The boss really tied it together.

Sand Ship (SS) An ancient ship protecting the flame of a goddess played in both past and present. In the end it's attacked by an ancient kraken. How some elements were visually made was disappointing, like the Monster's Inc boss, but great concept.

FierceGaiety

Smash Cadet
The shade you throw this dude is unreal. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other about him but the straight vitriol some of you guys have about it is weird.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
What other prefixes are there?
Don't worry, we've got all the good ones, I made sure of that. The work in progress, guide and social ones aren't in colour.
Then again... maybe the work in progress one is black. I may as well add it. Now the metagame thread is a work in progrress currently, but it's required to hold the data spot.
It's ok. I know what I must do.

Edit: There we go.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Not every board has a mod as attentive as I am. Also I knew it would irritate Elessar XD.
Har har, very funny.

The shade you throw this dude is unreal. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other about him but the straight vitriol some of you guys have about it is weird.
Three things. 1) you haven't been here long enough nor from the beginning so you can't fully understand yet. Give it time. 2) It's not really vitriol as it is mockery. There is no anger behind it really. 3) Welcome to the Link Boards, home of trolls.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
One of you guys should beat him in a hyped Link ditto MM and steal his powers of glorious ego, liberating the masses from his mediocre reign of dubious options. Then maybe I can stop hearing about every time he scratches his balls the wrong way.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! :) just got done competing in my first tournament in many months. Placed 9th out of 33 using only link, so I'm pretty happy with the results. My losses came from Tyrant in winners bracket, which some of you know as one of the best Smash players in SoCal, and a fantastic Mega Man in losers bracket. Using a 3DS as a controller sucks. XD
http://challonge.com/oombasingles1/standings#

Felt good to be off of For Glory and in the competitive scene again!
Nice! why did you have to use a 3DS controller lol?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Had tournament today, in pools I beat a R.O.B. (Ganon game 1, Link game 2), a Falcon/Jigglypuff (Ganon game 1, Link game 2), and a Sheik (Ganon game 1, Link game 2), including a 0-death and a 2-stock both times. It felt so good beating up a Sheik for once. I lost only to a Yoshi (Ganon). In brackets I beat a Villager (Ganon game 1, Link games 2 and 3), lost to a Falcon (Ganon) and beat a Robin/Ness (Ganon game 1, Link games 2 and 3) -- I had bomb kill there when he was standing on Smashville's platform, it was beautiful. Then I lost to another Yoshi.

I was character locked in Ganon game 1 to practice with him for doubles by the way. I have another tournament tomorrow which will include doubles with Cat. I have all the pool matches saved too.

D

Deleted member

@ ArdeS ArdeS great work :)

@ anyone: What are your favorite Zelda dungeon themes? Not necessarily in layout designs, difficulty etc but conceptually which dungeons do you find cool?

Mine:

The Face Shrine (from LA) is a cool premise for a level. The shy guys with masks, enemies that mirror Link's movements and the face boss all were nice touches. This could have been a very surreal 3D level with good puzzles.

Forrest Temple (OoT)
Great atmosphere. It felt mysterious and made you nervous the first time through without actually being scary. It had an otherworldly spiritual feel. The music was perfect.

Bottom of the Well (OoT). The name alone sounds creepy and cool. It's a great variation of the standard crypt type level and the water level lowering added a nice mechanic. I also like how you can beat it in under 5 minutes if you know what you are doing but can spend hours trying to figure it out otherwise.

Snowpeak Ruins (TP) This is a neat combination of a haunted house and ice dungeon. Gathering ingredients for the soup then having it cure Yeta enough to finally remember where the boss key is was an interesting variation of fetch quests. I liked the canon puzzles.

City in the Sky (TP) The name says it all. A floating city as a dungeon?! Heck yeah!

Gargoyle's Domain (ALttP)
The name's awesome and having the maiden you're trying to rescue really be a demonic boss was a great mechanic.

Misery Mire (ALttP) for some reason I always liked this level. I can't say exactly why but the coloration made it pretty but it kept the swamp palace sliminess at the same time.

Great Bay Temple (MM). Swimming fast as a zora, ice arrows to freeze the water, fire arrows to melt the ice, directing currents to power water wheels. This is my favorite water level in all the series. The stray farries add even more challenge. I wish more levels were as challenging and outside the box thinking as this.

Stone Tower (MM). Another cool variation of crypt type levels. The Spirit temple in OoT was good but Stone Tower blows it out of the water. The temple flipping upside down was awesome.

Maze Palace (Zelda 2) Having a huge labyrinth land surrounding a palace is very cool. Although the actual level in zelda 2 wasn't anything special the concept was good.

Ancient Cistern (SS) Everyone saw this coming. Working the thread story and contrast of a beautiful lotus garden and poisonous crypt into a dungeon was awesome. The boss really tied it together.

Sand Ship (SS) An ancient ship protecting the flame of a goddess played in both past and present. In the end it's attacked by an ancient kraken. How some elements were visually made was disappointing, like the Monster's Inc boss, but great concept.
I always liked the atmosphere of the Spirit Temple from Ocarina of Time and the Stone Tower from Majora's Mask.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
SO.....

I've been working at my pharmacy, fresh out of school, for only two months. Today I was just informed that in three weeks they are going to promote me to Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist-In-Charge of the store. May not be Link tourney results, but.... Doin' (real life) work, son!

Top Bottom