• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Today my pupil played a tournament in its region and Won! Only Link with customs on. It was a 25 player bracket.
Even when no top player played because all were at Santiago in another tournament, it was a very good victory.
The final was against a Ness (some of the best of the country).
My pupil nickname is LinkEa, but he doesn't Speak English, so I can not invite him here.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Posted a little somethin' in the meta thread for you guys to check out. You might find that something there might not have been known before, or maybe not.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So I played Boss today
And...how did it go? But most importantly, did you play him with Link or Sheik?

Today my pupil played a tournament in its region and Won! Only Link with customs on. It was a 25 player bracket.
Even when no top player played because all were at Santiago in another tournament, it was a very good victory.
The final was against a Ness (some of the best of the country).
My pupil nickname is LinkEa, but he doesn't Speak English, so I can not invite him here.
Tell him gratz, and that we should wifi.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
And...how did it go? But most importantly, did you play him with Link or Sheik?

Tell him gratz, and that we should wifi.
It went well, he still won but it was close. I did not use Link.

I actually played a Link first round, but unfortunately for him I know everything about that matchup lol. And he wasn't one of those "imma shoot grounded arrows and fast fall dair" kinda Links. He had some soft bombsnand stuff but it did not end well. I wound up taking 4th out of like 60+ people. Placed behind Boss and Seagull Joe.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Should I watch evongellian? cause I here it is bad.

@ ShinnyMetal ShinnyMetal Congrats man! I am not the coolest guy in my school and I do not know how to talk to girls or people anyways. congrats! unless that's not u.

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Should I watch evongellian? cause I here it is bad.

@ ShinnyMetal ShinnyMetal Congrats man! I am not the coolest guy in my school and I do not know how to talk to girls or people anyways. congrats! unless that's not u.
I'm so confused.

I'M MARRIED, *****ES!!!
Congratulations Shinny! Nice face btw.
I discovered a hic up after I made that post. I left my charger at a tourney venue. Can't add people for a while.
You left your charger... for your gamepad I assume? Do you not have any other controllers?

Last edited:

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Calling upon @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive , can you tell me what this is? I think I'm pressing the grab button just before I press c-stick down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0XKPjxYqz8 (look at 0:25 and 0:30 for instance)

EDIT: Grats @Huggles828, I'm sure we can fit that into a tourney result thread anyway :)

EDIT2: I wonder if I can notify myself @FSK
What the . . . .
Is that bombslide . . .
Oh, what the hell, it's playing the down-throw animation before the actual toss.

Well, you've somehow figured out how to do the d-throw fakeout bombslide in Smash 4.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
What the . . . .
Is that bombslide . . .
Oh, what the hell, it's playing the down-throw animation before the actual toss.

Well, you've somehow figured out how to do the d-throw fakeout bombslide in Smash 4.
It looks faster than the u-throw fakeout. If we can figure out a way to do this consistently it might be the go-to option. Can someone run a frame analysis on it?

Also - @ link7 link7 after some very hype link/shiek matches I'm ready. I'll see if I can't have one of them uploaded later.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
It looks faster than the u-throw fakeout. If we can figure out a way to do this consistently it might be the go-to option. Can someone run a frame analysis on it?

Also - @ link7 link7 after some very hype link/shiek matches I'm ready. I'll see if I can't have one of them uploaded later.
all right
@ DUKEL DUKEL Thanks for playing with me man. It's like 2:30 AM here, and I'm sleepy. It's been ages since I've fought a good Link. I saved all but 2 of the matches. Hope to play you again soon.

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
all right
@ DUKEL DUKEL Thanks for playing with me man. It's like 2:30 AM here, and I'm sleepy. It's been ages since I've fought a good Link. I saved all but 2 of the matches. Hope to play you again soon.
Gg's man. That was some sexy edgeguarding you pulled off there in that last match. Looking forward to next time!

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Curses.
Ok, yes, @FSK, what you are witnessing is the fabled d-throw fake-out. And yes I know how to do it and much more. You guys just couldn't wait for me to make the AT thread, could ya? All will be revealed, soon.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Lawz. Lawz. Don't take this the wrong way, but we don't care about your tourney placings with Sheik.

@ link7 link7 Evangelion isn't for the masses. It's the holy grail of anime. Not only is he 12, he also doesn't have the mental capabilities to understand the glory that is Evangelion. It'll be like trying to explain physics to a rat.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I mean I used Link against a Pacman. If you think I'm dumb enough to use Link against one of the best Luigi's in the world, you're nuts.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I mean I used Link against a Pacman. If you think I'm dumb enough to use Link against one of the best Luigi's in the world, you're nuts.
Maybe not for the tourney match, but for a friendly. It would be too good for MU info.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Maybe not for the tourney match, but for a friendly. It would be too good for MU info.
We were gonna, but the tournament was running PM also and he had to play those matches too. There just wasn't enough time. Next time I'll make sure of it...even though I'll just get wrecked by dthrow lmao

Top Bottom