• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Can I join if I have the triforce of wisdom or power? :^)
Like sad seaboys on the mast
Who not a thing but courage need;
We always hear the deathly blast
Of the tier-whores endless greed.

Link's life is like some deathly wave
Like the changing, Hyrulian sea;
Every hope becomes a grave
Till we sigh: "no hope for me."

We Links must share his great lot
With only those gleams courage gave:
Though storms all ways destroy our spot --
And leave us, again upon the wave.

Link's life has been like some great storm
A turb'lous, troubled sea
We will never find a calm --
A place where we'll be free.

'Till courage is all that will remain
You'll not be one -- without that pain.
We have long by all been slain
Courage is all we have -- in vain?
No not in vain! we have our main:
We still are free, though bound by chain.
We are still going, we still are sane:
Go on and on, withstand the pain.
Join us now, poor sad Zelda main:
Triforce tier you once were too,
Share with us, for you own gain:
Though we may never have our due.

Our boards' honour on your face attends
Men may be foes, but Link makes us friends.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I posted again, but I was really reposting what somebody else told me. Hopefully Chibo or whoever runs that channel will see it and learn from it. Same thing goes for his followers. We cannot have misinformation floating around anymore. It's too dangerous.
Dangerous is an understatement. Misinformation killed any chance we ever had at Link being able to place well in the future.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Lol I love stupid FG players.
Dude just counterpicked fox to my Link and just sat there with reflect on. All I needed to do was grab a bomb and approach and he let me land free hits.
Totally should have saved that replay it was freaking hilarious.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

What are you guys made of?

Lol I love stupid FG players.
Dude just counterpicked fox to my Link and just sat there with reflect on. All I needed to do was grab a bomb and approach and he let me land free hits.
Totally should have saved that replay it was freaking hilarious.
Wait, if he just stood there with hie reflect up, why did have a bomb in your hand?

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Wait, if he just stood there with hie reflect up, why did have a bomb in your hand?
Well since that fox was simple minded and held his reflector up whenever he was threatened by a projectile, I'm pretty sure he used the bombs as a lure.

Serac

Smash Cadet
I won't stop being salty about taking away my jab1 ever.
Me too, so I have been using the Fighter Ballot to ask it back. While it may amount to anything at least pestering someone at Sora makes me feel a little better.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Dude, there are no girls on the internet. This is basic rule 30
*shrugs* I have never really looked at the rules of the internet. I only know basically 2 and that is only because of all the shipping that goes on in the Robin Social Thread.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh man, is this the episode where the main cast realizes that someone in their group isn't a dude?

An instant classic.

:093:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
This is why I love you guys... But at times it pains me to sit back and watch lol

@ The Merc The Merc Catana is not a girl, a G.I.R.L. maybe, but I've not seen anything to suggest that.
The reason no one believes there are women on the internet is a widely known (and hilarious/entertaining) stereotype about women being in the kitchen-la di da di, and the majority of people that post in forums dedicated to games (like the one we're in now) are indeed male. It's not a bias, it's a simple and well weathered fact that the majority of gamers and forum posters (such as ourselves)
are predominantly male.

We'd love to invite the entire world's supply of women to share in our hobby, but many either do not feel the same for it/do not feel welcome, or do not have the ability to take jokes and insults as anything other than personal. Not to say that there aren't people that bash/hate on women for even existing, but if you can't take ANY jokes, then you're probably better of surrounding yourself with yes-men who will never doubt you on anything. (because not even men get that high of treatment)

And Kudos to those women out there that do love video games the same way and don't make a big deal of it. The best procedure is apathy for identity, Male/Female so what? Gamer? Aw hell yeahboi.
EDIT:
Oh man, is this the episode where the main cast realizes that someone in their group isn't a dude?

An instant classic.

Episode 1 of Ouran dude, changes lives mah brotha.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
All the girls on Smashboards are in The Disco Room.

That's what I've learned.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
This is why I love you guys... But at times it pains me to sit back and watch lol

@ The Merc The Merc Catana is not a girl, a G.I.R.L. maybe, but I've not seen anything to suggest that.
The reason no one believes there are women on the internet is a widely known (and hilarious/entertaining) stereotype about women being in the kitchen-la di da di, and the majority of people that post in forums dedicated to games (like the one we're in now) are indeed male. It's not a bias, it's a simple and well weathered fact that the majority of gamers and forum posters (such as ourselves)
are predominantly male.

We'd love to invite the entire world's supply of women to share in our hobby, but many either do not feel the same for it/do not feel welcome, or do not have the ability to take jokes and insults as anything other than personal. Not to say that there aren't people that bash/hate on women for even existing, but if you can't take ANY jokes, then you're probably better of surrounding yourself with yes-men who will never doubt you on anything. (because not even men get that high of treatment)

And Kudos to those women out there that do love video games the same way and don't make a big deal of it. The best procedure is apathy for identity, Male/Female so what? Gamer? Aw hell yeahboi.
EDIT:

Episode 1 of Ouran dude, changes lives mah brotha.
Zane, you're talking nonsense. Cat is a girl. Get on with the times.

@ Camalange Camalange want to wifi a bit? If so, just join my room. Though I hate playing with delay I need to train and use my new control.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
@ Camalange Camalange want to wifi a bit? If so, just join my room. Though I hate playing with delay I need to train and use my new control.
Thanks for the offer, but that new MK8 DLC is currently downloading and I'll probably be getting drunk and yelling at it in the next couple hours.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Thanks for the offer, but that new MK8 DLC is currently downloading and I'll probably be getting drunk and yelling at it in the next couple hours.

Which DLC? The one with villager and crap?

Anyone up for some horrible large matches?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

are predominantly male.

That clears things up. And what you say is true. Sad, but true.
All the girls on Smashboards are in The Disco Room.

That's what I've learned.

The Disco Room?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Dude, there are so many ways Nintendo can make Link a much better character without much effort at all. I'll list a few here for the hell of it. Most of the ones here require them only to change the properties of literally just one move.

#1: Reduce Nair's landing lag and lessen weak hit Nair's base KB enough so that you can still combo it into Dsmash at kill %.

#2: Decrease start-up on Link's Fair and reduce first hit Fair's KBG so that you can combo it into grabs at higher %s. Don't do anything to the landing lag or damage, it's perfect.

#3: Give down throw more hitstun for guaranteed combos at least until mid % ranges to make landing a grab more worth the damn effort.

#4: Increase aerial mobility. This would allow for us to space Link's aerials more easily, therefore making them safer. It would also allow for a better ground-to-air combo game to rack up more damage for earlier kills, as well as a better aerial game in general. Don't believe me? Try it yourself by using the glider badge equipment. And to boot, it gives us a better incentive for going on the offensive as opposed to camping, which is why scrubs hate us.

#5: Return jab 1 to it's former IASA glory. Remove the suction properties that keep characters in place as necessary to remove the jab cancel lock this time. What they did to remove it originally was dumb and just plain overkill. We all know how badly it affects Link by having the IASA frames removed.

Here's a couple of broader ways Nintendo can make Link better while putting in some effort:

#1: Adjust the KB on some of Link's moves so that he can combo at higher %s in order to set up kills safely (unlike now for the most part) and so that he can have a better combo game in general. This, again, would also give us more incentive to not camp and would therefore not have the FG scrubs complain as much.

#2: Make moves safer across the board and make at least one kill move safe to throw out, such as Ftilt or Dtilt (which is pretty useless now, so why not make it a safe kill move at high %?).

As for the Spin attack specifically, it needs less start up and should have similar if not less endlag to how it was in Melee. Decently strong lingering hitboxes that scale with the amount of charge are highly recommended as well. Give us a reason to use this move, Nintendo. Spin Attack even as it is now is still too unsafe and unrewarding to be worth using as a practical kill move when uncharged. Sitting there to charge it up isn't practical most the time either and simply isn't enough to make it a good move even if you manage to somehow make it to max charge. The endlag is just too much if you wiff the move. What's worse is that you need to hit someone at the very beginning of the move if you want any sort of reward. Hitting with later parts of it will get you nothing for your commitment, which is stupid.

I know this is considered speculation, but it's still a pretty important subject Imo.

Edit: Don't take this as me saying that Link is terrible, because I still think he's good enough to make it into mid tier. The fact that he is miles ahead of his Brawl self is proof enough to me.
Thought this might be more at home here than the meta thread, mostly because of Elessar. So what do you guys think?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So I got my Majora's Mask messenger bag in the mail. I also found a pretty cool Zelda shirt at the store today (green with the Triforce logo on the front in yellow) and got a digital copy of DKC Tropical Freeze from Club Nintendo. Also work didn't suck this week; I only got yelled at by asshole customers a couple of times! Been a good week :awesome:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So I got my Majora's Mask messenger bag in the mail. I also found a pretty cool Zelda shirt at the store today (green with the Triforce logo on the front in yellow) and got a digital copy of DKC Tropical Freeze from Club Nintendo. Also work didn't suck this week; I only got yelled at by ******* customers a couple of times! Been a good week :awesome:
Still trying to get a job. It's annoying waiting :/.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So I got my Majora's Mask messenger bag in the mail. I also found a pretty cool Zelda shirt at the store today (green with the Triforce logo on the front in yellow) and got a digital copy of DKC Tropical Freeze from Club Nintendo. Also work didn't suck this week; I only got yelled at by ******* customers a couple of times! Been a good week :awesome:
I got my messenger bag last week. Kind of disappointed with it tbh. It's a lot simpler than expected, the fabric is flimsier, and o don't like that the images are made with grey glitter. It's still cool, but I am disappointed nonetheless.

Still trying to get a job. It's annoying waiting :/.
Didn't know child labor was legal in Australia. You were an aussie right?

Top Bottom