• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

FierceGaiety

Smash Cadet
If I ever remembered to use the damn Hylian shield it might mean something but I've always got a bomb in my hand or I'm sprinting around like a moron!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
:surprised:.

I need one. NOW!

Can I get them at that Link you posted?

Or can I buy them from somewhere else that isn't Facebook?
They are custom made per specifications. Every controller is unique so you'd have to contact him and request one. Considering we are from South America you may have some logistical issues.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
They are custom made per specifications. Every controller is unique so you'd have to contact him and request one. Considering we are from South America you may have some logistical issues.
Dam :/. I guess I could just get SSB4 Gamecube controller from my local store or something.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
What would you guys say the Link/Villager MU is? I'm thinking -1. Link kills early but lacks good setups. Villager zones well and gimps.
If he wants to hide directly behind the tree the bomb will hit villager on the other side. Forcing them to stay away a bit farther than they want

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Don't mind this quiet forum lurker here

Just placed 2nd in my 2nd online tournament ^^
Lost to some janky custom DK with some ridiculous wind upB move lol. Almost felt like MK's 'nado from Brawl

It was a custom tournament but for some reason my heart said to stay as a default Link

I'll probably upload the sets later. Does anyone else mass-upload sets from tournaments? When would you normally upload them without the clips cutting into your internet/making online play horrendous?

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Don't mind this quiet forum lurker here

Just placed 2nd in my 2nd online tournament ^^
Lost to some janky custom DK with some ridiculous wind upB move lol. Almost felt like MK's 'nado from Brawl

It was a custom tournament but for some reason my heart said to stay as a default Link

I'll probably upload the sets later. Does anyone else mass-upload sets from tournaments? When would you normally upload them without the clips cutting into your internet/making online play horrendous?
Oh you mean the cyclone? The one where DK has armor, cancels lag on platforms and can KO? Yeah...janky indeed.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Oh you mean the cyclone? The one where DK has armor, cancels lag on platforms and can KO? Yeah...janky indeed.
Yup. That move indeed. The chat was sort of hating him for using it, and they were even rooting for me.
Felt good. c:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got some good wifi games in :) Link can hold his own until it comes to landing that KO. Then I have a horrible time and soak a lot of unnecessary damage up trying to find a kill setup. That jab 1 nerf sucks so hard.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I got some good wifi games in :) Link can hold his own until it comes to landing that KO. Then I have a horrible time and soak a lot of unnecessary damage up trying to find a kill setup. That jab 1 nerf sucks so hard.
Agreed. I'm trying to experiment with people's reactions to bomb/boomerang bait to get in a nice smash. I've also secured a lot of kills with pivot F-tilts. Catches rushers off guard and is pretty effective with the range and power.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Agreed. I'm trying to experiment with people's reactions to bomb/boomerang bait to get in a nice smash. I've also secured a lot of kills with pivot F-tilts. Catches rushers off guard and is pretty effective with the range and power.
Pivot Ftilt/Fsmash is good. I'm having the most trouble against characters who zone well like Mario, villager etc can shoot a fireball/Fair and ruin a pivot. If Link has the lead it's not too bad but chasing the opponent down is hard.
Also small characters go under bombs near by. I think Link does well vs medium-large characters but has trouble against the little guys.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Pivot Ftilt/Fsmash is good. I'm having the most trouble against characters who zone well like Mario, villager etc can shoot a fireball/Fair and ruin a pivot. If Link has the lead it's not too bad but chasing the opponent down is hard.
Also small characters go under bombs near by. I think Link does well vs medium-large characters but has trouble against the little guys.
I play against a pretty good villager from time to time. Proclaimed best Villager in Texas.

Anyways, bombs and Dairs are a good way to beat a campy Villager, especially with Dair's disjoint buff. You can spam bombs all you like in this matchup, Villager will never really want to pocket those since I believe they get no multiplier and it takes some time to pull it out then throw it.

Don't forget the Gyroid has no active hitbox as soon as it is summoned, so you can even try bombsliding or dashing past it and punishing Villager from behind. Also power shielding wrecks Villager since his/her grab sucks. If they play really campy, you might have to gain a stock lead and camp them back...

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I usually destroy Mario's pretty fairly but Villager I have the same trouble with. My problem is, I get annoyed with characters like Villager who constantly just run away so I end up chasing and get wrecked for it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I usually destroy Mario's pretty fairly but Villager I have the same trouble with. My problem is, I get annoyed with characters like Villager who constantly just run away so I end up chasing and get wrecked for it.
Then why not just stand there and do nothing? Let them come to you. They can hurt you if you just stand there and they are alway way across the stage.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Then why not just stand there and do nothing? Let them come to you. They can hurt you if you just stand there and they are alway way across the stage.
In competitive smash if the opponent has the lead, as in lower damage or a stock lead, and the timer runs out they win. Link's okay if he has the lead but chasing down an opponent who has it is hard for him. None of his projectiles realistically kill on their own.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Sometimes that's not usually the best idea. For example, Villager can catch you in frame traps by using Lloyds to cover his approach, and given Link's bad frame data, he'll usually get grabbed or something before responding with another move if he gets caught shielding a Lloyd, even if he uses the Hylian Shield to fend it off.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
In competitive smash if the opponent has the lead, as in lower damage or a stock lead, and the timer runs out they win. Link's okay if he has the lead but chasing down an opponent who has it is hard for him. None of his projectiles realistically kill on their own.
Hm makes sense. I wouldn't know as I am yet to enter smash competitively yet. Well, while hard, his bow can kill, but that is only if they are offstage and sort of off screen. Again, really hard to land.

Sometimes that's not usually the best idea. For example, Villager can catch you in frame traps by using Lloyds to cover his approach, and given Link's bad frame data, he'll usually get grabbed or something before responding with another move if he gets caught shielding a Lloyd, even if he uses the Hylian Shield to fend it off.
Yeah, I have had that happen to me against cpu Villagers and not just has Link. It is a very annoying setup. I hate the Lloyd Rocket.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Today's one of the days my damn modem decides to DC for no reason. I'll look over and the little green internet light is out. It's so frustrating; often it works fine (except when I get a phone call) but some days it just can't hold the internet. Damn centurylink.
Anyone else have this problem or know of a better modem?
I finally get some time to play wifi and the modem effs up.

Edit, sorry. It feels like everything is an absolute pos and nothing ever works.

Last edited:

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Against villager frame traps are annoying, and spot dodge doesn't help if you want to avoid his loyd rocrockets that spot dodge has to be perfect timed

@ Rizen Rizen i hear the netgear WiFi routers are decent

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Now I got some good wifi games in again :). Man a decent connection makes a world of difference :eek: I need to only play people in the MW/WC USA, South Central Canada and North Mexico.

I'm really feeling how losing Link's jab cancel crippled his game.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Now I got some good wifi games in again :). Man a decent connection makes a world of difference :eek: I need to only play people in the MW/WC USA, South Central Canada and North Mexico.

I'm really feeling how losing Link's jab cancel crippled his game.
Link's jab nerf makes me cry

I find myself relying on usmash a lot more to replace jab cancel kills

I'm from Western Canada if that helps c:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Anybody up to play some friendlies? Anther's ladder is pretty unresponsive atm.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lets freak people out by going to other threads and replying "I don't see any squids on the screen. You must be hallucinating; maybe you're developing a brain tumor". :demon:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Lets freak people out by going to other threads and replying "I don't see any squids on the screen. You must be hallucinating; maybe you're developing a brain tumor". :demon:
What squids? What are you talking about?

Edit: so I visited that CT patch changes videos and left them a little love note. I'd suggest you all do the same, specially our resident technicians (@Fox Is Openly Deceptive, @ Zelkam Zelkam , and @ FSK FSK ).

Last edited:

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Were those added just a couple hours ago or were they already there

FSK

Smash Ace
What squids? What are you talking about?

Edit: so I visited that CT patch changes videos and left them a little love note. I'd suggest you all do the same, specially our resident technicians (@Fox Is Openly Deceptive, @ Zelkam Zelkam , and @ FSK FSK ).
There's so much to say about that video, but I don't want to be harsh because he's trying (I think) he's just not doing a good job of it. But nonetheless I will try and make a comment.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
There's so much to say about that video, but I don't want to be harsh because he's trying (I think) he's just not doing a good job of it. But nonetheless I will try and make a comment.
I posted again, but I was really reposting what somebody else told me. Hopefully Chibo or whoever runs that channel will see it and learn from it. Same thing goes for his followers. We cannot have misinformation floating around anymore. It's too dangerous.

Top Bottom