• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Had a rockin' good birthday today. One of my gifts was the Mayflash adapter. The other was a Target gift card. Methink's I'll pick up Smash U after the GC tourney.

Speaking of which, @ Zerker Zerker , what will you be wearing? Give me a description, and I'll be able to pick you out of the crowd. I'll be wearing a red jacket, blue jeans, and an earing in my left ear.
WHY YOU NO TELL ME happy birthday man !

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Had a rockin' good birthday today. One of my gifts was the Mayflash adapter. The other was a Target gift card. Methink's I'll pick up Smash U after the GC tourney.

Speaking of which, @ Zerker Zerker , what will you be wearing? Give me a description, and I'll be able to pick you out of the crowd. I'll be wearing a red jacket, blue jeans, and an earing in my left ear.
I'll probably be wearing a red shirt, a black jacket, blue jeans, and black shoes.
And be the weirdo with a Pro controller and a blue rucksack full of cough drops.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know it was your birthday today. Happy birthday!

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I'll probably be wearing a red shirt, a black jacket, blue jeans, and black shoes.
And be the weirdo with a Pro controller and a blue rucksack full of cough drops.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't know it was your birthday today. Happy birthday!
Ahh geez Rizen, you didn't have to change the banner. Thanks Zerker, let's make some noise at GC.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Ahh geez Rizen, you didn't have to change the banner. Thanks Zerker, let's make some noise at GC.
I can only stay until 9 though, because I have school the next day, so... I hope things don't take too long.
(I'd stay as late as possible as I could, but, I'm still at the point where I have to look good to my parents :/ )
It opens at 3 PM, same as the smashfests, right?

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I can only stay until 9 though, because I have school the next day, so... I hope things don't take too long.
(I'd stay as late as possible as I could, but, I'm still at the point where I have to look good to my parents :/ )
It opens at 3 PM, same as the smashfests, right?
Nope, it opens at 12:00. Doubles bracket starts at 1, singles at 3. I doubt it'll go for very long though, maybe 4-6 hours.

Rizen

Smash Legend
She has a way with words, I'll give her that.
Quote Navi:
"Listen! Hey listen!
Oh no, my bra strap broke and my shirt's all wet; whatever will I do?"
Link: "What?"
Navi: "I said you should go to Death Mountain Link"

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ PKBeam PKBeam Real life caught up and we've grown inactive. That's it. See, I still go and flame people, but the effect isn't as noticeable when it's only one instead of everyone as before.

@link and ike lover My schedule is really hectic, so we'll have to arrange it in advance or just when you see me online. If you see me online alone just try to get in. If I'm waiting for someone I'll reject, if not I'll let you in. However, do try 2 or 3 times since I have a bad habit of rejecting people without realizing it sometimes, as happened last time.

Also, Navi is my ring tone. Every time I get a text it's a "Hey Listen", and a notification is "Hey".

It is glorious. I have turned my phone into Navi.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I made my text message tone the happy mask salesman's laugh forever ago. Best decision I ever made.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I thought I should make amends for what I unleashed upon your ears earlier. I recently found this. I've been waiting for a decent remix of this song for a long time and I think this might be the one.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Also, Navi is my ring tone. Every time I get a text it's a "Hey Listen", and a notification is "Hey".

It is glorious. I have turned my phone into Navi.
Why would you willingly do such a thing to yourself???

My cousin uses adult Link from OoT falling off a cliff as his alarm in the morning. My notification is this from Monty Python; of course you young'uns are all probably too young to even get the reference.
I want a heavy hitter. Bowser or Ganondorf? Who do you think compliments link as a sub?
Neither. I don't feel like either can help Link much with his bad MUs. That said, I love Bowser in this one and play him as a second anyway. Rizen is right, Bowser would be more viable, but Ganon is definitely improved from Brawl, although I actually don't like him in this one (I used to love him in Brawl).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Aye, happy birthday to @ link7 link7 .

Why would you willingly do such a thing to yourself???

My cousin uses adult Link from OoT falling off a cliff as his alarm in the morning. My notification is this from Monty Python; of course you young'uns are all probably too young to even get the reference.
Mine's from Month Python as well:

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Shout out to @ Zerker Zerker for playing a damn good Link at GC today. Me, I felt like a total scrub. Haven't played in a high stakes tourney in months. Played nervous. Ahh well, maybe next time. Tomorrow, I'm finally buying Sm4sh U. Finally, I can play everyone here.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Shout out to @ Zerker Zerker for playing a damn good Link at GC today. Me, I felt like a total scrub. Haven't played in a high stakes tourney in months. Played nervous. Ahh well, maybe next time. Tomorrow, I'm finally buying Sm4sh U. Finally, I can play everyone here.
I felt like a total scrub too, dude.
My winners' bracket match ended up with me SDing more than half of my total stocks, and my Loser's Bracket match ended because the C-stick programming is jank as ****. Johns, I know, but at least they aren't made up.
My entire veins are salt right now.

I got to play and meet Cacogen in person finally, though.
Didn't feel much different than from playing him over Wifi.
(Probably because I only live half an hour away from him.)

That doubles' match, though.
I lived to 300%. Jesus christ. I am tank, apparently.

And when you get Smash U, tell me your NNID so we can play a few whenever. Looking forward to it.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I felt like a total scrub too, dude.
My winners' bracket match ended up with me SDing more than half of my total stocks, and my Loser's Bracket match ended because the C-stick programming is jank as ****. Johns, I know, but at least they aren't made up.
My entire veins are salt right now.

I got to play and meet Cacogen in person finally, though.
Didn't feel much different than from playing him over Wifi.
(Probably because I only live half an hour away from him.)

That doubles' match, though.
I lived to 300%. Jesus christ. I am tank, apparently.

And when you get Smash U, tell me your NNID so we can play a few whenever. Looking forward to it.
I posted the match in the video section. Right before I left I played Cacogen as well. He's a pretty chill dude, and he asked me questions about specific Link techs. I told him Foxy was finding lot's of new tech, and that he should check out our boards. He may make an appearance.
My NNID is Kidlink77, I'll likely be on in the late afternoon, early evening. Man I can't wait to get Smash U.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I never have time to look carefully this thread. Happy Slowpoke Birthday Link7!

I've fought ZeRo in the Past (we actually live a few Km. away). I won in meele Link vs Fox in 2008, and failed to win in various tournaments in Brawl from 2009-2012. His Metaknight was undefeteable by my Link, but his Snake was tractable.

Since my retirement in 2013, i was never be able to play against ZeRo, just saw him in some random tournament. Actually he banned me from his Facebook Account because i tried to instruct him in some thinks as respect to his older partners and fights in Smash Staff in Chile.

Although, i think his Diddy is actually out of range for Link players (at least the Links i've seen). Maybe if some Link can do Jab Cancel Lock always he want, the win could be possible.

If anyone want to practice with me (Im from Chile), my NIID: DrigoToesSato. I normally can from 22:00 h to 1:00 am (in GMT-3).

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Anyone have a a bad habit of throwing out the rang for no reason? I end up throwing the boomerang a lot during my matches and just realized that I was being punished too much for it. It has a dead hitbox right next to Link and if they shield it, I have a lot of lag from catching it. It does 5%, and I mean I'm considering not using it all against grounded fast characters because they get good punishes like a grab combo doing 20+% while mine only does 5%.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Anyone have a a bad habit of throwing out the rang for no reason? I end up throwing the boomerang a lot during my matches and just realized that I was being punished too much for it. It has a dead hitbox right next to Link and if they shield it, I have a lot of lag from catching it. It does 5%, and I mean I'm considering not using it all against grounded fast characters because they get good punishes like a grab combo doing 20+% while mine only does 5%.
I tend to accidently throw Boomy when I try to recover. It's the worst feeling.
Well, I finally have Smash U. I'll probably start playing it in a few hours. Can't wait to practice tech skill with an actual controller.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I never have time to look carefully this thread. Happy Slowpoke Birthday Link7!

I've fought ZeRo in the Past (we actually live a few Km. away). I won in meele Link vs Fox in 2008, and failed to win in various tournaments in Brawl from 2009-2012. His Metaknight was undefeteable by my Link, but his Snake was tractable.

Since my retirement in 2013, i was never be able to play against ZeRo, just saw him in some random tournament. Actually he banned me from his Facebook Account because i tried to instruct him in some thinks as respect to his older partners and fights in Smash Staff in Chile.

Although, i think his Diddy is actually out of range for Link players (at least the Links i've seen). Maybe if some Link can do Jab Cancel Lock always he want, the win could be possible.

If anyone want to practice with me (Im from Chile), my NIID: DrigoToesSato. I normally can from 22:00 h to 1:00 am (in GMT-3).
I'll be adding you. We shouldn't have lag almost so it would be fun to play a couple of matches. Also, I can't believe zero banned you from his fb because of that, lol.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I find it very useful at close range when, say, predicting a role, cause you get a guaranteed Fair out of it. I use the boomerang quite a lot now, very happy to have it.

Top Bottom