• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Haha, yeah. I inherited Zelda fandom and gamerhood in general from her. She never finished OoT and didn't get into 3d zeldas in general but she crushed the hell outta Z1 and 2.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364

Good ole' Toon Lunk. I have a thing for expressive characters with bursting personality. Also cat eyez.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Warning Received
Hey guys, what up?

I had the strangest dream of Majora's Mask. It had elements of Ben 10 and Skyrim in it for soMe reason.

Oh well, let's see now
Quick question, what jab cancel are you guys talking about?

For what purpose is that you want secondary? To cover Link's bad match-ups, or simply to play another character?
Well I like to play with more than one characters, like Pit, Link, Lil Mac etc.

Hey guys, what up?

I had the strangest dream of Majora's Mask. It had elements of Ben 10 and Skyrim in it for soMe reason.

Oh well, let's see now

For what purpose is that you want secondary? To cover Link's bad match-ups, or simply to play another character?

Hey guys, what up?

Oh well, let's see now

Hey guys, what up?

Oh well, let's see now

Last edited by a moderator:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hey guys, what up?

Oh well, let's see now

Hey guys, what up?

Oh well, let's see now

Hey guys, what up?

Oh well, let's see now

Hey guys, what up?

Oh well, let's see now

Warned for quadruple posting.

Why is there a new one..?
We didn't have ownership of the other one, we have it of this one. Simple as that. Let @ Camalange Camalange know plz.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh yeah, almost forgot, Happy 100 Pages!!

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Favorite Design? The Fierce Deity. I've never even played MM before. At least not until the 3DS version comes out. But the Fierce Deity's design is too epic to be ignored. I tried to find an HD screenshot from Hyrule Warriors with no such luck.

EDIT: Not the best pic but still glorious

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We didn't have ownership of the other one, we have it of this one. Simple as that. Let @ Camalange Camalange know plz.
... Who had ownership?

Member me plz.

also hey how about that totally inescapable jab infinite wink wink nudge nudge

must've been a FUN day here at the boards eh?

:093:

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
... Who had ownership?

Member me plz.

also hey how about that totally inescapable jab infinite wink wink nudge nudge

must've been a FUN day here at the boards eh?

Blubba owned the last one, but sadly he was hardly ever on.

And yeah there's been a constant stream of lazy "I want to win the easy way" tryhards lurking in the metagame thread all day. There's even some there as we speak.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Blubba owned the last one, but sadly he was hardly ever on.

And yeah there's been a constant stream of lazy "I want to win the easy way" tryhards lurking in the metagame thread all day. There's even some there as we speak.
Luckily we have something those meta-lurkers don't... dignity.

It's funny though... Link just became God-Tier in a day.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
If I'm not mistaken though, there's actually a tip in-game that confirms that jab-cancelling was intentional, what with it stating you can link into dsmash and upsmash for example. So really, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't patch considering it was intentional game design,
There is, but it tells you to do the follow-ups after Jab2, oddly enough.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My favorite Link design is this one:

I think Young Link perfectly captures the spirit of the Zelda series.
Would definitely take MM Link over Toon Link, if not just for the voice.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ ^vid, that's what happens when you play good people who know how to intercept offstage.

I think the jab cancel lock should be patched but I hope Link keeps some of it. Maybe jab cancel 2 or 3 times and then finisher.

The Fierce Deity mask should have been usable everywhere and not just in boss arenas.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I've been a hardcore Link main since my 64 days. But you best believe I'm gonna have some fun with this jab tech.
Oh so am I, of course. I'm gonna jab till the opponent gets to 200% and then kill myself to throw him off

Rizen

Smash Legend
I played a couple wifi games vs a Yoshi. I'm starting to see how that MU works. Yoshi has so little lag. :)

Yeah, I have mained Link since SSB64 but didn't start playing competitively until the last part of Melee before Brawl came out.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Elessar Elessar you still haven't added me on 3DS.
Sorry, I haven't touched it in days.

Also, to answer @ Camalange Camalange , I'm half hoping they patch it out. It's a clearly broken glitch that ruins the balance and it diminishes the character and the user. I want Link to be good, but not broken due to some glitch. I don't want to hear people booing you for choosing Link as they did in Apex for Diddy. And again, it makes no sense that they'd patch out TC but leave this. No sense at all, so I know that patch is coming.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Is it really that reliable of a tactic?

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Sorry, I haven't touched it in days.

Also, to answer @ Camalange Camalange , I'm half hoping they patch it out. It's a clearly broken glitch that ruins the balance and it diminishes the character and the user. I want Link to be good, but not broken due to some glitch. I don't want to hear people booing you for choosing Link as they did in Apex for Diddy. And again, it makes no sense that they'd patch out TC but leave this. No sense at all, so I know that patch is coming.
It think it's more of an exploit than a glitch so I wouldn't be surprised if it stays. The toss cancel was clearly a glitch and needed to be patched.

If they did decide to patch it out I thought of one way they could do it without breaking Link. Simply remove the general landing lag. That might even benefit the game as a whole because it would speed things up further and possibly open up new options.

Edit: woah! I just noticed that I snagged post 4000. sweet. :)

Last edited:

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Unfortunately seeding is ******** and out of roughly 15-16 people in each pool, only 2 make it out. Kirin had some bad MUs to fight through, which sucks because he's a great player.

I saw him have close matches with a Sonic during pools and I hope if @ KirinBlaze KirinBlaze reads this, I'll drop some knowledge on that matchup. Of course he was on stream and that can give people pressure as well.
Laaawwwwzzz! How have you been? I do have some experience in that match-up in Smash 4. We have an old school Brawl player, Cyberman, who comes down to our weeklies and plays Smash 4 and I've played him in bracket once. I sort of just treat it like the Brawl MU in that projectiles and Nair beat his Spin Dash and from their just properly punishing the Spin Dash on shield with Bair or Uair. From there, just trying to zone Sonic out with Link's improved Tilt and Jab game.

Any knowledge you have on that MU would be much appreciated though! I'm trying to stick to as much Link possible in this game, save a few MU's that Mario does better in right now like Sheik, Fox, and Diddy.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Kirin has returned, the Link boards are complete again.

I doubt you remember me, but I was the one that made your "fan club" group back on AiB :nervous:

Laaawwwwzzz! How have you been? I do have some experience in that match-up in Smash 4. We have an old school Brawl player, Cyberman, who comes down to our weeklies and plays Smash 4 and I've played him in bracket once. I sort of just treat it like the Brawl MU in that projectiles and Nair beat his Spin Dash and from their just properly punishing the Spin Dash on shield with Bair or Uair. From there, just trying to zone Sonic out with Link's improved Tilt and Jab game.

Any knowledge you have on that MU would be much appreciated though! I'm trying to stick to as much Link possible in this game, save a few MU's that Mario does better in right now like Sheik, Fox, and Diddy.
Welcome back, ******.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Great job repping Link. Can't wait to see more of your play style. Play me sometime?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Kirin's Apex matches played on stream are in the video archive, for those interested.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It think it's more of an exploit than a glitch so I wouldn't be surprised if it stays. The toss cancel was clearly a glitch and needed to be patched.

If they did decide to patch it out I thought of one way they could do it without breaking Link. Simply remove the general landing lag. That might even benefit the game as a whole because it would speed things up further and possibly open up new options.
While this is genius, I don't think they'll do it since it'll throw their entire balance into chaos. While it may stay, I doubt it. I agree that it's an exploit, but it's a game/balance breaking one and so I think it will get patched. I could be wrong, and if I am then we'll have to learn to deal with the huge influx of new users of Link (I refuse to call them mains), but the problem is that this is one technique. You still need to be able to: a) Get the opponent to that %, and b) Land that jab.

Good luck with that if all you did was learn that jab cancel.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
While this is genius, I don't think they'll do it since it'll throw their entire balance into chaos. While it may stay, I doubt it. I agree that it's an exploit, but it's a game/balance breaking one and so I think it will get patched. I could be wrong, and if I am then we'll have to learn to deal with the huge influx of new users of Link (I refuse to call them mains), but the problem is that this is one technique. You still need to be able to: a) Get the opponent to that %, and b) Land that jab.

Good luck with that if all you did was learn that jab cancel.
And C) not **** it up

Top Bottom