• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Why do I get the feeling you guys really hate him?
He didn't seem really stuck up when I talked with him on the Brawl match finder.

Last edited:

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
@ Rizen Rizen has summoned me. Hey guy's what's up. Yes I have actually returned since Smash 4 Wii U came about. I just have been EXTREMELY busy managing offline scene in RI for pretty much every fighting game and this obviously includes Smash 4!

I am just now getting back into the hang of things amd I feel we can take Link to the next level in this version! He still has pretty much the same flaws just they're not as horrific now.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's up to you guy, no need for permission. I'd suggest otherwise for the sake of harmony, but then again It's sorta my job to play good cop around here. EDIT: And after seeing his comment you are all recommended to troll the lights out of him, I thought he was obnoxious before... but lordy have mercy and he's still touting Brawl Link... Some people.

Also,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWs5oX5apUQ
for @ Lozjam Lozjam my eternal rival, find yourself a helpful plumber and wreak havoc!
Pssshhh the Great Ganondorf has no need for puny plumbers, he merely has to ride the wind on your gale boomerang, to destroy you! BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
@ Rizen Rizen has summoned me. Hey guy's what's up. Yes I have actually returned since Smash 4 Wii U came about. I just have been EXTREMELY busy managing offline scene in RI for pretty much every fighting game and this obviously includes Smash 4!

I am just now getting back into the hang of things amd I feel we can take Link to the next level in this version! He still has pretty much the same flaws just they're not as horrific now.
If you don't mind, I am keeping an eye on your channel and will post some videos featuring you in the video archive occasionally.

I'll go ahead and post the vid. His comment is easy to find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9pkeKu0pmw
Who is he? Why would we respond to him? Until he takes a course in English he is not ready to discuss a thing.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So apparently people are starting to make a big deal out of Link's jab 1 chain combo and some are even calling it OP or detrimental to the meta. View the thread here. http://smashboards.com/threads/link-jab-cancel-death-combo.389545/#post-18506654 I honestly don't think jab 1 is either of those. Not only is the jab 1 chain % and character dependent, but it's not even an infinite and it's relatively easy to mess up. This might also give Link something to compete with the high tiers this time around. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
So apparently people are starting to make a big deal out of Link's jab 1 chain combo and some are even calling it OP or detrimental to the meta. View the thread here. http://smashboards.com/threads/link-jab-cancel-death-combo.389545/#post-18506654 I honestly don't think jab 1 is either of those. Not only is the jab 1 chain % and character dependent, but it's not even an infinite and it's relatively easy to mess up. This might also give Link something to compete with the high tiers this time around. What do you guys think?
Sobbing
Cuz
Rekt
Uber
Bad

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
No I don't mind at all stalk me all you want. Also if you guys have a skype chat going or want to play online sometime add LordXav1er. I'll try to be active when I can.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
We had to put up with their chain grab bullcrap in brawl and you didn't see any john's from us. I think it's justice that the tables are turned. They need to suck it up and deal with it.
Sobbing
Cuz
Rekt
Uber
Bad
I see what you did there :awesome:
So uh, I saw the Skype chat just now, lmao...

Sorry about that, guys.
Lol it's cool

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
We're rising above the ranks brothers... soon all will fully realize our undisputed wrath. And when they do, it will be all too late for the fools.

#letsjabsomemore

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
We had to put up with their chain grab bullcrap in brawl and you didn't see any john's from us. I think it's justice that the tables are turned. They need to suck it up and deal with it.

I see what you did there :awesome:

Lol it's cool
Wait a sec. There's already a Sm4sh Link skype social?

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Great to see @ LordXav1er LordXav1er again, how've ya been dude. Last I saw ya the Link boards on AiB were flooded with our tierlist posts.

And Moo, No one took that personally, we were just laughing for a good day or two.

I'm gonna test the jab cancel lock for character % ranges and post it the metagame thread (unless someone beats me to it) but Dan's info in the video was pretty spotless on the three characters he mentioned. (ironically all high tiers ^.^)

And I'm uploading a video of Link's freefall spin attack, so that'll probably be :4link:ed in the video thread sometime today.

have I ever mentioned how much I love page breaks?

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
We're rising above the ranks brothers... soon all will fully realize our undisputed wrath. And when they do, it will be all too late for the fools.

#letsjabsomemore
I'm praying they don't patch it. Link's been nerfed enough these past 16 years. Give him a chance please.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'm praying they don't patch it. Link's been nerfed enough these past 16 years. Give him a chance please.
They will patch it out imho. They patched out TC, why wouldn't the patch this that is actually broken and an infinite lock (Sakurai won't care it's not an actual infinite).

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
They will patch it out imho. They patched out TC, why wouldn't the patch this that is actually broken and an infinite lock (Sakurai won't care it's not an actual infinite).
How do you think they would patch it out, if they did?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
How do you think they would patch it out, if they did?
We can theorize about how, but there are a number of ways. They'd all break Link though. They could change the knockback properties of jab 1 for instance, or they could take jab canceling out by increasing the delay or something like it. I really don't know how they'd do it, I just know that this is broken and unintended, and that if they patched out ZSS's infinite lock and TC out for balance issues it would make no sense at all for them to leave this in.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Game breaking has nothing to do with it. Sakurai will patch it out because if his hatred for Link.

defamstv

Banned via Administration
Warning Received
Hey everyone! I just started a youtube channel, Its called DefAmsTV
Itl be featuring mostly older games, my first game is super smash 64, had a blast playing it with a friend, Id apreciate it if you guys could show some love, check it out, leave a comment, subscribe, tell me what you think.

just search up; Super Smash 64 after over 10 years. (Pt.1)

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Itl be featuring mostly older games, my first game is super smash 64, had a blast playing it with a friend, Id apreciate it if you guys could show some love, check it out, leave a comment, subscribe, tell me what you think.

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers
No.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers
Just to warn you, advertising is against forum rules.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers
Advertising is against the Global rules, specially when it's spam. You can't come into social and out of the blue advertise your youtube channel on something not Sm4sh related.

4. No Blatant Advertising
Advertising web sites, goods, or services via Smashboards (including through posts, threads, private messages, signatures, social groups, and other methods) as well as competitor web sites are prohibited. Accounts that are created solely for the purpose of advertising will be banned indefinitely.

Thanks a ton guys
Cheers
Get out, and take your ****ty advertisement with you. We don't have time for attention whoring click bait.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I just hope that, when they patch this out, they don't **** up our jab entirely. Before we know it, no more reliable Jab1 to Utilt, or grab, or Dsmash!

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Well, depending on job interview stuff I may be able to go to a small local tourney this weekend. This jab cancel stuff might make things interesting... if I go I'll be sure to let you guys know how this works out :awesome:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
If I'm not mistaken though, there's actually a tip in-game that confirms that jab-cancelling was intentional, what with it stating you can link into dsmash and upsmash for example. So really, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't patch considering it was intentional game design,

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
If I'm not mistaken though, there's actually a tip in-game that confirms that jab-cancelling was intentional, what with it stating you can link into dsmash and upsmash for example. So really, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't patch considering it was intentional game design,
But this exploit wasn't intentional I bet. It's just that it makes no sense for this to be left but TC patched out when this is a lot more damaging to balance.

Ocarina of Time Link, simultaneously silly and mature, simple, and fairly manly.

MM Link works really well too for taking those core tenets and keeping them with young Link and just darkening the edges a bit.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm gonna be honest I really dig the new Link's design.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Hero's Shade is my favorite incarnation of Link and he appears in the aesthetic context of TP so I guess TP would be my favorite Link design.

I'm partial to OoT as well since it was the first Zelda game I really played and my mom (it was actually her game) had the guide so I got to see a lot of that design whilst browsing through the sidequests and whatnot.

Top Bottom