• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
What's f.lux?
It's a program that alters the lightning of your pc/phone based on the time of day it is; it removes blue light -- "warms up your screen" -- near night, so that it is far more pleasant to look at during the late and early hours. No more blinding light during the night!

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
This is really weird, because I have one of the dark theme and use flux but I always have to concentrate harder to read shin's text. And if I'm on my phone I have to tilt it at a weird angle or I can't even read it at all. Sometimes I just select it to change the color...

I too have the dark background and f.lux; it's fine.
This is really weird, because I have one of the dark theme and use flux but I always have to concentrate harder to read shin's text. And if I'm on my phone I have to tilt it at a weird angle or I can't even read it at all. Sometimes I just select it to change the color...
So, F.lux is more ubiquitous than I initially thought.

I have mine set to 1900k at night, so my display is a lot dimmer than most at night, and even so reading my own text proves no issue. It weirds me out that Zelkam has trouble, as he does visual work like image editing, I figured his eyes would pick out colour differences more easily.

Mrwhatzitooya

Smash Journeyman
Just interested to know, but does anyone have a particular favourite boss from the series? If I had to pic one, Volvagia would probably be my favourite. Nothing gets more exciting than fighting a dragon!

Though I must say that Bongo Bongo was also a very entertaining fight... :p

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I think that Volvagia missed a lot of potential due to hardware limitations. I can't think of everybody now, but from the top of my head I'd say that my favorite bosses are ganon from alttp, ganon from NES, and girahim, the first one.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Just interested to know, but does anyone have a particular favourite boss from the series? If I had to pic one, Volvagia would probably be my favourite. Nothing gets more exciting than fighting a dragon!

Though I must say that Bongo Bongo was also a very entertaining fight... :p
SS was the most recent Zelda I played and my favorite boss from there was definitely koloktos (the six armed guardian robot thing)

Koloktos was amazing to fight, my favourite boss fight from any game though? I have no idea. OoT Ganon probably made the biggest impression on me, but I think my favourite is the entire final rushdown of SS where you fight a horde of enemies, Ghirahim, and Demise back to back.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Helmosaur King, Shadow Link (Zelda II), Argorok, Fyrus, and Agahnim.
They all felt like intense boss battles, especially Shadow Link.
Also honorable mention to The Nightmare. A boss that shifts his forms based on Link's past enemies.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Is it weird that the Twilight Princess Ganondorf fight stood out to me? Idk why but the way it was portrayed feels like the way Ive always imagined all of Link and Ganon's final fights.

However that final fight with Demise was insane... he was just a mean looking guy. I remember feeling way more nervous to fight him than I ever felt with Ganon.

I've got high hopes for the next Zelda though.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Is it weird that the Twilight Princess Ganondorf fight stood out to me? Idk why but the way it was portrayed feels like the way Ive always imagined all of Link and Ganon's final fights.
Twilight Princess did a lot right.
I still want a boss battle where Ganon uses Majora's Mask's power.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Demise, Helmaroc, Yuganon, Skeldritch, and Malladus are among my favorites. The difficulty of the fights helped justify the intensity.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Has any of you noticed that on the new smash when you jump on the ledge, like really on the ledge, you sometimes use your SJ instead of your first jump? I have been able to replicate that but not in a way as to determine the variants. It's annoying and has led to stupid SDs T.T
Jeez that is so true. That happens to me all the time in the 3DS version. It's not just a Link thing either. Falcon has the same issue, not sure about anyone else. I SD all the time when this happens, thinking I still have a second jump. It doesn't happen too often, so I thought it was just me until now.

Lets not make this discussion into who was the better brawl Links, its not productive and won't end well.

Instead I suggest since its halloween times that everyone plays as Dark Link. Anyone else think that the Fiercy Deity Link costume looks kinda underwhelming? at least not as cool as one would imagine.
Agreed. FDL as a simple recolor just doesn't do him justice. It needs to be a costume otherwise it's just not very cool looking. They should give him actual armor and an actual double helix sword or at least have it recolored along with it's sword trail for a better look, like how Dark Link's Master Sword should be black as well as its sword trail (Dark Link with blue sword trails just doesn't seem right).

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
That stupid ledge eating my first jump has made me SD a ton. :mad:
Just interested to know, but does anyone have a particular favourite boss from the series?
Many are apples/oranges so it's hard to say from the entire series. For each game:
LoZ Manhandla
Zelda 2 Big Wizrobe
ALttP Blind, Agganhim, Trinecks
LAwakening Face Shrine Boss
OoT Bongo Bongo
MM Majora's Mask
4 Swords meh
TP Ganondorf 4 part fight, Stallord, Morpheel
OoAges/OoS Vire, Onyx (I like a goron bad guy)
SS Girihim 2nd fight
I still want a boss battle where Ganon uses Majora's Mask's power.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmm.
Ghirahim's fights for sure, he was such am awesome boss and was really fun to fight. Ghirahim's is hands down one of the best antagonists in a Zelda game
Goht was also really fun, he was like a race.
TP Ganondorf, I love my Lord, and we got to see his true potential and power
Blind the Thief. This boss fight was so cool because of his origins. You can hear about blind early game and then actually meeting him was magic.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Volvagia, Bongo Bongo, OoT Ganon/Ganondorf fight, and the Ghirahim/Demise fight are all awesome. I was actually tired after that Demise fight from deflecting his attacks so often haha.

D

Deleted member

My favorite Zelda bosses:

Ganon (A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time)
Ganondorf (The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess)
Ghirahim (Skyward Sword)
Majora's Mask (Majora's Mask)

Yeah, for the most part, final bosses are usually at least somewhere in my top 5 in regards to the Zelda series.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
sequential:
Gleeok - LoZ
Thunderbird - AoL
Turtle's Rock - ALttP
Nightmare - LA
Ganondorf-Ganon - OoT
Majora - MM
Onyx - OoS/OoA
Ganondorf - WW
Vaati - MC
Bellum - PH
Ganondorf - TP
Maledus - ST
All 3 Ghirahim - SS
Cia - HW

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Argorok from Twilight Princess was really cool. Ganon from TP is another one of my favorites.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Though, I think I know EVERYONE'S favorite boss.
The Imprisoned:troll:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Course, fighting the Imprisoned in SS wasn't enough, and he's just as annoying in Hyrule Warriors. And if THAT wasn't enough, they had to put mini Imprisoneds too... like wth?

They look stupid as hell too, like a big, flabby bag of teeth from Barney some 'horror' kid's show

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hey guys, this is a great video/theory. Give it a watch, I need not explain more

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I should start using Link just so I have a reason to be here. This thread is, like, always active.
OMG! KenithTheGatherer, ur smash dlc characters wishlist is like, perfection, Midna and Wolf Link really should have been added by now at least :p

Maybe add Fierce Deity Link and then your golden :p. I'd love to try a two handed Link, would give him the power a character treated like a heavy deserves. I think Link is too slow for the lack of strength he has. Also guys, is there a bug with Link's spin attack? Ive seen several Miiverse posts about people being able to walk into the last lyk second hes still spinning. I have seen it happen once last night, you don't do damage during the last couple of spins or something...

My favourite Zelda bosses are:

Ganondorf - OoT, WW TP (Swordfight) (TP and WW boss music are amazing!)
Koloktos - SS
Helmasaur King, Kholdstare AND Trinexx - ALttP
I actually kinda like Morpheel - TP (just because of the novelty of swimming, clawshotting and stabbing, which the TP's climax music makes awesome!)
Stallord and Argorok - (Stallord because the spinner battle is sick, Argorok coz its feels like your almost playing Spiderman in the second stage of the boss!)
Twinrova - OoT
Goht - MM (Goron Rolling ftw!)
Helmaroc King & Molgera - WW (Those Boss Themes!)
Vaati's Wrath - MC (Something about Four Links with moving spin attacks in unison is just so epic)
Gleeock - PH (I just love grappling the heads into the posts, so satisfying)
Malladus and Demon Train - ST

That's all, except from ALBW as I have yet to play through it! Got it on release but starting hunting shiny pokemon since around then and still haven't stopped yet!! Will get round to it on my New Nintendo 3DS hopefully on Christmas Day :p

I love all the bosses from Zelda tbh as it is still my favourite game series ever since I saw my bros friend playing OoT (Ganondorf boss!), then next day at school I mentioned it to a friend at my new school, he seemed deep in thought, then next day he came in and said, I bought an N64 after what you said and Zelda is amazing. I then proceeded with the only option I had, nagged my mum to take me to Toy R Us and get me an N64 with OoT :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
@ Darklink46 Darklink46 Section two, paragraph three of the Link Board Rules clearly states
- DO NOT DOUBLE POST.
We have been graced with the time defying ability to change the words we have already said. To access this potent magic spell use the “Edit” link in your post.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Course, fighting the Imprisoned in SS wasn't enough, and he's just as annoying in Hyrule Warriors. And if THAT wasn't enough, they had to put mini Imprisoneds too... like wth?

They look stupid as hell too, like a big, flabby bag of teeth from Barney some 'horror' kid's show
And then the Imprisoned drops useless weapons instead of materials you need to upgrade your warriors. :facepalm:

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
@ Darklink46 Darklink46 Section two, paragraph three of the Link Board Rules clearly states
Sorry Zelkam, Im not sure which post of mine you are referring to, if I have double posted, my sincerest apologies, I didn't realise, the only thing I can think of was my favourite bosses post which I edited. Sorry

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Darklink46 Darklink46 You triple posted actually. I could warn you, I could even infract you,but I won't. These are the Link Boards, and we'll deal with your violation of board rules Link Board style. Consider this your oficial welcoming.

You better suit up with your Goron tunic, scrub.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Sorry Zelkam, Im not sure which post of mine you are referring to, if I have double posted, my sincerest apologies, I didn't realise, the only thing I can think of was my favourite bosses post which I edited. Sorry
You triple posted, thats even worse. Are you really that dumb and blind?
Read the rules before you post

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Lol thats mean. Catana. XD

Anyways Koloktos (SS)is pretty badass. He kinda annoying and takes alot of patience to beat. But Its design is well inspired and even executed! I'd fight a giant four arm,quaddruple sword weilding,gold statue anytime! :D

Oh! plus the music when fighting him is the absolute best! I have that shiit on my ipod!

@ Catana Catana How exactly?

Edit:::okay then. It was a mistake being here.

Last edited:
Looks like Uncle Shin gets to sing you a lullaby. Get comfy.

One little piggy...
OMG! KenithTheGatherer, ur smash dlc characters wishlist is like, perfection, Midna and Wolf Link really should have been added by now at least :p
Two little piggies...
Maybe add Fierce Deity Link and then your golden :p. I'd love to try a two handed Link, would give him the power a character treated like a heavy deserves. I think Link is too slow for the lack of strength he has. Also guys, is there a bug with Link's spin attack? Ive seen several Miiverse posts about people being able to walk into the last lyk second hes still spinning. I have seen it happen once last night, you don't do damage during the last couple of spins or something...
Three little piggies...
All in a row. Tell me, boyo, you ever been to the circus? Because this level of negligence deserves a sideshow. Two is an accident, three is being lazy, and if you think that flies here you're clearly ****ing crazy.

It's a waste, a disgrace,
it takes up our space,
****'s sakes, this is not the place.

Do it again and I'll drag you to my shed.
Where you can sleep sound as the dead.

Edit: With a nod to Clocks Often Need Corrected. I know how excited orange text makes him. Ha.

Lol thats mean. Catana. XD

Anyways Koloktos (SS)is pretty badass. He kinda annoying and takes alot of patience to beat. But Its design is well inspired and even executed! I'd fight a giant four arm,quaddruple sword weilding,gold statue anytime! :D

Oh! plus the music when fighting him is the absolute best! I have that shiit on my ipod!

@ Catana Catana How exactly?
Welcome to the Link boards, if you get called out here it will not be sugar coated. It might come in the form of a rhyme if I'm bored.

Last edited:

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
OK Guys, I get the message, mybad... This is literally the first forum Ive ever joined... It won't happen again. (I really thought that double posting was posting the exact same thing more than once in a row).

Learn something new everyday :p

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Darklink46 Darklink46
Ganondorf hates people who break the rules! So don't do it again. Or you will find your body crushed as if you were a Deku Sprout. Welcome to the boards, btw, I look forward to seeing the light being crushed from your eyes and your body becoming ashes.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Darklink46 Darklink46
Ganondorf hates people who break the rules! So don't do it again. Or you will find your body crushed as if you were a Deku Sprout. Welcome to the boards, btw, I look forward to seeing the light being crushed from your eyes and your body becoming ashes.
Only after that happens do you truly become one of us, a true Link Main.

Top Bottom