• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Honestly no, it doesn't grate me. It takes me back though, so much nostalgia emanating from it. Plus, it really helped with the game's mood a bit. Just that monotonous repetitive theme really drove home the sense of being lost in a labyrinth.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The NES dungeon theme and forest temple theme are two of my favourites, it's a testament to each of them that literal decades later I still go back and listen to them for extended periods, on purpose.
I will not stand for such heresy.
I should clarify the NES dungeon theme is there as an example, Forest Temple is the one I am really against.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
It's Ghirahim. Dammit.
He's my favorite a lot of things.
"It's Ghirahim Debbie. Dammit.
He's She's It's Debbie's my favorite a lot of things."
- @ Kenith Kenith

I corrected your post.

You're all heretics, some of the choices I'm seeing for least favourite are shameful. I'd have you all sterilized if I were worried any of you might be in danger of getting laid.
Jokes on you, I've got Marin on speed dial.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Toon Link = Gay
Ghirahim = Debbie

What's next? Link = ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Don't you even think of disrespecting my Master, else you will find your body broken like the Mirror of Twilight! My sages deal has finally broken, and I am not only collecting the triforce of power back into my possession, but the triforce of wisdom and courage as well!
Just a friendly warning!
Anyway, my female companion has provided me with a Link Amiibo for Christmas. She really knows what I want in life.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Favorite music is tough when the whole series in general has fantastic soundtracks. ALttP dungeon music (both Hyrule and Dark World) is great. Spirit Temple's music is great. Dragon Roost Island is awesome; I really liked Wind Waker's music in general. I loved what they did with Death Mountain music in ALBW.

Least favorite? The music in Catfish's Maw for Link's Awakening was really bland and repetitive, I hated it. The OoT Fire Temple music feels pretty bland too after they took out all the chanting but I kinda liked it before that. There aren't too many bad music choices when it comes to Zelda though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
The Zelda social is on page 100 already :eek:.
Anyway, it's hard to remember and compare all the themes. I always liked Tal Tal Heights music but it's not a dungeon theme.

Happy holidays everyone :)

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
The Zelda social is on page 100 already :eek:.
Anyway, it's hard to remember and compare all the themes. I always liked Tal Tal Heights music but it's not a dungeon theme.

Happy holidays everyone :)
That's ridiculous.

My favorite is still the original dungeon theme from LoZ. I can't seem to remember many of the other ones, besides the theme for the OoT forest temple. That thing creeped the hell outta me when I first played the game. NOw that i think about it I guess I'de really have to go back through all the dungeons to see which is my favorite.

Unrelated news: I've been away from internet for a while as my wife and I finally closed on our house last Thursday and have moving/unpacking since then. Our new house is out in the country and when we do get our internet hooked up it will be pretty slow. We'll be weighing our options but Sm4sh wifi might be out of the picture at least for a while. I dunno. Is anyone else able to run Sm4sh wifi with a 6mb/s plan currently? Only one service provider is in the area and that is the fastest they offer.

Our last place had 25mb/s for only $5 more. The one and only thing I prefer about living in a city to living in the country...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Is anyone else able to run Sm4sh wifi with a 6mb/s plan currently? Only one service provider is in the area and that is the fastest they offer.
Dude, my speed is 2mb (third world country ftw) and I play fine. Granted, there is lag with US folk, but minimal, still playable.

Rizen

Smash Legend
My favorite is still the original dungeon theme from LoZ. I can't seem to remember many of the other ones, besides the theme for the OoT forest temple. That thing creeped the hell outta me when I first played the game. NOw that i think about it I guess I'de really have to go back through all the dungeons to see which is my favorite.

Unrelated news: I've been away from internet for a while as my wife and I finally closed on our house last Thursday and have moving/unpacking since then. Our new house is out in the country and when we do get our internet hooked up it will be pretty slow. We'll be weighing our options but Sm4sh wifi might be out of the picture at least for a while. I dunno. Is anyone else able to run Sm4sh wifi with a 6mb/s plan currently? Only one service provider is in the area and that is the fastest they offer.

Our last place had 25mb/s for only $5 more. The one and only thing I prefer about living in a city to living in the country...
The OoT forest temple really got the vibe down.

Congrats on your new house :)

I'm in an old building with cruddy wiring. My internet speed is about that. Wifi lags but it works okay (when my internet is working).

IMO we should go easier on noobs here; on AiB we weren't this hard on them. Yeah I mean the metagame thread. We need more serious Link players so we don't end up with youtube scrubs saying "Link is top tier, you just don't know his options. I know how to approach with DAC" or tier w****s who say "Link loses -4 to all mid and top tiers because he can't do anything". We can still be the Link community while keeping more new members.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Aw crap.... So much stuff has gone down. I'm just looking through the boards and i think i missed out on a new AT, another terrible guide, and some scrubs getting wrecked. I don't know what else i missed, but what i know now is that the Smash 4 community is littered with tier**** and "inb4 patch" advocates. They come in here and get shoo'ed off because we know better. I'm afraid the meta will cease to develop because of stupid stuff like this (stupider than Brawl). Hope this madness will die out... (1 Day left. Wifi Link will make his way to the WiiU. Be Reggie)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Don't let a very vocal minority skew your vision Powerstar, this game's meta won't die . Heck, Brawl's didn't and that game is horrible. You will always have scrubs and whinners, you even had them in melee. You just focus on doing work and continuing to develop our Metagame.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
@ Elessar Elessar @ Rizen Rizen That's good news, then! We don't have to worry about anyone sapping internet nearby (5 acre lot ftw) but my bro lives with us and if he's there at the same time I am he can tend to use a bit of internet. Though, I know a guy who can limit the max amount of mb/s the network allows him so I might just do that. I dunno.

1st world problems, heh.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Elessar Elessar @ Rizen Rizen That's good news, then! We don't have to worry about anyone sapping internet nearby (5 acre lot ftw) but my bro lives with us and if he's there at the same time I am he can tend to use a bit of internet. Though, I know a guy who can limit the max amount of mb/s the network allows him so I might just do that. I dunno.

1st world problems, heh.
I have played wifi as my son watches youtube and/or I used the web/watches NL's stream and have had no major lag issues with 2 either. Don't worry, you'll be fine. You will have lag, but not unplayable.

IMO we should go easier on noobs here; on AiB we weren't this hard on them. Yeah I mean the metagame thread. We need more serious Link players so we don't end up with youtube scrubs saying "Link is top tier, you just don't know his options. I know how to approach with DAC" or tier w****s who say "Link loses -4 to all mid and top tiers because he can't do anything". We can still be the Link community while keeping more new members.
We got a lot fewer newbies back then because Link was ****ing awful and we'd migrated to another board, we can afford to be firm, but fair, with them now. And it's working, they're slowly coming around. I know of at least three people who post here, in the correct threads too, who have been flamed pretty viciously.

You don't always go right back after you get your ass kicked, sometimes you need a few days to lick your wounds.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
The urge to get it is too strong...must resist, must save coins for larger things.
I know that feel bro. I have nearly 1500 coins that I've been saving for if something should come available that I can't live without.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Hey everyone making my first post in this thread. Favorite boss? Well I haven't gotten to actually play these games yet but Demise and Majora seem to be my favorites other than that I'd be inclined to also say that Ganondorf from OoT is my favorite. On an unrelated note, has anyone gotten their hands on a Link Amiibo? I just bought one. I haven't used it yet but it sucks that it won't have any 3DS functionality until the "New" 3DS releases in North America.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I just got myself a Pikmin keychain from Club Nintendo -- I still needed a keychain anyhow. I lost all the stars I got for my 3DS 'cause I never used 'em. There won't ever be anything you have to have, but when there's a neat item I could actually use I'll take it. I got myself an Animal Crossing CD once too!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I just got myself a Pikmin keychain from Club Nintendo -- I still needed a keychain anyhow. I lost all the stars I got for my 3DS 'cause I never used 'em. There won't ever be anything you have to have, but when there's a neat item I could actually use I'll take it. I got myself an Animal Crossing CD once too!
Actually, they have had controllers in there in the past, so you never know.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I used to save until the stars would expire, and even then I did not yet have enough for those sort of things, unfortunately. So keychains it is for me!

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Hey everyone making my first post in this thread. Favorite boss? Well I haven't gotten to actually play these games yet but Demise and Majora seem to be my favorites other than that I'd be inclined to also say that Ganondorf from OoT is my favorite. On an unrelated note, has anyone gotten their hands on a Link Amiibo? I just bought one. I haven't used it yet but it sucks that it won't have any 3DS functionality until the "New" 3DS releases in North America.
I bought one (along with Fox) but I haven't got around to using him yet. He's just been sitting on my desk staring at the ground.
Also, which Zelda game have you been able to play so far?

FSK

Smash Ace
Smash 4 has by far the worst controls in the series, the c-stick and analog stick input is a mess.

Top Bottom