• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
In OoT Darknuts are way more powerful than Dark Link in almost every way. That isn't being "limited by game mechanics", it's game design, they purposefully made Dark Link weaker than Darknuts. End of story.
You mean Iron Knuckles in OoT.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Iron knuckles and darknuts have always been my favorite mini bosses to face. They've always seemed like the enemies that test your skills as a swordsman the most.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
OMG, @Unknown Hero and @ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken , the Toon Linkness of your posts are too much. Really, so much Toon Link.

Also, unknown hero, what are you, like 9?Seriously, "plays the healing song"? And you wonder why I call you kid? If I could, I've change your username to Kid right now. In fact, I encourage everyone in here to start calling you kid. We need to get you into the group chat and give you the" youngster" special treatment, make a man out of you. Like @ Dumbfire Dumbfire .

Also, your second account is strider_bond 007. And being active in two accounts can get you banned. Just saying, you know, that I could do it if I felt like it, and be in the right.

Just saying...

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah @ Unknown Hero you should delete one account or ask an admin for help.

I just finished watching a play through of an old 1998 psychological horror game Sanitarium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYuydRjyq18
I was pleasantly surprised by this game. The story is very good, comes together well and kept my guessing and interesting the whole way through. It's unique and does a good job incorporating psychological elements without throwing fodder in unnecessarily (as opposed to 'Never Ending Nightmares' Markiplier played, which lacks focus and throws out creepy stuff for no reason but to be creepy :facepalm:).
Sanitarium is more unsettling and intriguing than scary. It had good videos for the time and is a birds eye point and investigate adventure. The voice acting is par for 1998 (not good) but it held my interest. I like psychological things. It's worth checking out if you're into that stuff.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
@ Elessar Elessar you seem to cope with this "TLness" just fine. You'll only have to bear it for 2 more years. :p Also, the downfall split is just dumb because it doesn't run parallel with any of the other timelines (Link can't be dead and alive at the same time). Link has to solve puzzles, master items he has never seen before, carry heavy stuff, and face off against powerful foes, usually with little help from any1. Still not bad*** enough?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Elessar Elessar you seem to cope with this "TLness" just fine. You'll only have to bear it for 2 more years. :p
What do you mean by "cope just fine"? What do you expect me to do, flame you? Don't tempt me. Like I told an irl friend not long ago, don't play with fire unless you're willing to get burned.

Also, why 2 more years? Is that the time when your balls are scheduled to finally drop?

For the record:
Midna actually did nothing of note against Ganon in TP, evem with the whole fused shadows she got crushed off screen without so much as scratching him. And! It's a bad example to use for "Ganon winning" because Ganon got wrecked that time around, Link was even stronger than him. Stronger than Ganon. He overpowered him in his human and beast forms.

@ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken Kingdom Hearts sucks. Also you got the MLP theme song stuck in my head.

So, for those who missed it, here is the image I got infracted for in this post. They just don't work on their own, I had to reunite them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I hope that Zelda U brings back the sword techniques from TP. The back slice and helm splitter were two of my favorite ways to dispatch an enemy.
I'm excited to see what sort of new stuff well be able to do as well. I was pretty psyched when I found out were actually gonna be able to pull of that fancy horse vaulting trick shot. I wonder if there gonna be another horseback target test like in OoT.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
What do you mean by "cope just fine"? What do you expect me to do, flame you? Don't tempt me. Like I told an irl friend not long ago, don't play with fire unless you're willing to get burned.

Also, why 2 more years? Is that the time when your balls are scheduled to finally drop?
(sigh) I have nothing to say to that.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Ummmm dude, you can't break the walls of canon like that. What you see is what you get. The only time Dark Link truly appears in a Zelda game is OoT, who dies in a scrawny 5 hits, FSA, where Dark Link is created by Ganon and still is weaker than Link, and finally, Zelda 2, where Dark Link is canonically just Links shadow to test if he is worthy for the triforce. In every game, Dark Link is pretty easy to beat, that isn't "Limiting Dark Link with game mechanics", that is merely fact. It's kind of like saying Moblins from Wind Waker are total bad ***** and can revolt against Ganondorf, take on Link, and get and use the full triforce because they are limited by game mechanics. Dark Link is just another enemy, and not even the strongest one at that. In OoT Darknuts are way more powerful than Dark Link in almost every way. That isn't being "limited by game mechanics", it's game design, they purposefully made Dark Link weaker than Darknuts. End of story.
No. Not "end of story". You can't tell how powerful Dark Link is in OoT just based off of how much health he has. The same can even be said for Link. If Link had all the items and equipment in the game any only had four hearts, would that mean that he's weak? No, right? Besides, anyone can become stronger over time. We don't even know if we actually killed him. If that was the case, we would see him colapse onto the floor and wither away. Instead he dissapears below the ground, screaming. Perhaps out of frustration. Dark Link's AI didn't do him a whole lot of justice either. You can't use Dark Link's difficulty as an argument either, since there are plenty of bosses in the Zelda series that you can beat easily, yet it's supposed to be a poerful enemy or even the final boss at times. Lastly, I dislike how you would compare Dark Link to a moblin. You can't. Dark Link isn't an enemy you see all the time, meaning there's something special about him. Don't think you can dismiss me so easily.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
No. Not "end of story". You can't tell how powerful Dark Link is in OoT just based just off of how much health he has. The same can even be said for Link. If Link had all the items and equipment in the game any only had four hearts, would that mean that he's weak? No, right? Besides, anyone can become stronger over time. We don't even know if we actually killed him. If that was the case, we would see him colapse onto the floor and wither away. Instead he dissapears below the ground, screaming. Perhaps out of frustration. Dark Link's AI didn't do him a whole lot of justice either. I dislike how you would compare Dark Link to a moblin. Dark Link isn't an enemy you see all the time, meaning there's something special about him. Don't think you can dismiss me so easily.
Too bad then that it just so happens that Dark Link is a wuss in every game he's in. Like seriously, you say he's so OP and powerful but that's just based on wishes. If you stick to canon, Dark Link is nothing but mediocre test to make Link more powerful. He has no will, no personality, nothing. He's a construct, nothing more. And that is canon.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Too bad then that it just so happens that Dark Link is a wuss in every game he's in. Like seriously, you say he's so OP and powerful but that's just based on wishes. If you stick to canon, Dark Link is nothing but mediocre test to make Link more powerful. He has no will, no personality, nothing. He's a construct, nothing more. And that is canon.
Oh, please. Read to me where it says that he's "a construct and nothing more". And whenever did I say he was super OP? Anyone in possession of the entire triforce is obviously going to be extremely powerful. I only said that he is a potential threat and has potential to be a very powerful antagonist. Just because Nintendo chose not to develop Dark Link`s character doesn't mean he's a wuss. He even got enough recognition to be a costume for Link in Brawl and Sm4sh. That alone should mean something regarding his character. Even if it's just something to make Link look badass, Nintendo is aware of Dark Link's potential.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Oh, please. Read to me where it says that he's "a construct and nothing more". And whenever did I say he was super OP? Anyone in possession of the entire triforce is obviously going to be extremely powerful. I only said that he is a potential threat and has potential to be a very powerful antagonist. Just because Nintendo chose not to develop Dark Link`s character doesn't mean he's a wuss. He even got enough recognition to be a costume for Link in Brawl and Sm4sh. That alone should mean something regarding his character. Even if it's just something to make Link look badass, Nintendo is aware of Dark Link's potential.
He's nothing but a trial, it's in Hyrule Historia. And they put him as a costume because he's popular. You do realize that they also out golden Link (which never shows up anywhere) and freaking purple Link. So him being a costume equates his to freaking lavender Link.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I think many people worship Dark Link because they mistakenly believe anything which is black dark (.. this will never sound right) is automatically badass -- the association with evil is enticing, because man is a poetical animal, and enjoys his fiction. In his life he must bow down to authorities while playing the good man, who obeys the rules and treads the path cleared for him by his superiors; but in different worlds, he can say "Nice guy? I don't give a ****. -- I embrace the evil." Observe.
He's just a recolored Link used as a trial. He has no character except an abstract concept of evil, which is not "badass" but childish. Join us in the light, and embrace a colorful Link.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
He's nothing but a trial, it's in Hyrule Historia. And they put him as a costume because he's popular. You do realize that they also out golden Link (which never shows up anywhere) and freaking purple Link. So him being a costume equates his to freaking lavender Link.
Where in Hyrule Historia? I had the book before and haven't seen it say that anywhere. I lol'd @ you using other color swaps as an argument. And again, even if he was just put there out of popularity, he received recognition as a costume and by default also makes him a playable character. Dark Link is popular for a reason. He has potential, and Nintendo knows it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What is @ Lozjam Lozjam recovering from, exactly? A sick burn?
I got mugged and have/had a severe concussion and some brain damage. Memory is fine, but coordination, processing, hand-eye coordination, muscle memory, sight, and couple of things aren't. It is not long term however, but I still need to build them back up. Naturally, my ability to play my cello, and smash bros has been hindered. Meaning, I have to restart from scratch with Smash Bros. I haven't even been able to play smash bros that much because it gives me such terrible headaches. But I think I will try again today. So I have a clean slate to make my characters better than ever! And will give me a new chance with characters I have never used well(Zelda).
Where in Hyrule Historia? I had the book before and haven't seen it say that anywhere. I lol'd @ you using other color swaps as an argument. And again, even if he was just put there out of popularity, he received recognition as a costume and by default also makes him a playable character. Dark Link is popular for a reason. He has potential, and Nintendo knows it.
Fierce Deity has way more potential and you know it. Nintendo also knows it as it was Links more elaborate alts. Fierce Deity Link is by definition, way more powerul, cool, mysterious, and just amazing. That doesn't mean they are going to bring him back in Zelda Wii U. Also, may I also state, all of your arguments consist of circular reasoning and fallacies, of which, you need to stop, as it is quite annoying and does not make your case at all.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I think many people worship Dark Link because they mistakenly believe anything which is black dark (.. this will never sound right) is automatically badass -- the association with evil is enticing, because man is a poetical animal, and enjoys his fiction. In his life he must bow down to authorities while playing the good man, who obeys the rules and treads the path cleared for him by his superiors; but in different worlds, he can say "Nice guy? I don't give a ****. -- I embrace the evil." Observe.
He's just a recolored Link used as a trial. He has no character except an abstract concept of evil, which is not "badass" but childish. Join us in the light, and embrace a colorful Link.
I am not of the light, but of Darkness. The closest thing to normal Link I'd ever get is red and FD Link. I'm not a colorful type of person. Bright colors do not fit me well. Even when it comes to Smash.

Fierce Deity has way more potential and you know it. Nintendo also knows it as it was Links more elaborate alts. Fierce Deity Link is by definition, way more powerul, cool, mysterious, and just amazing. That doesn't mean they are going to bring him back in Zelda Wii U. Also, may I also state, all of your arguments consist of circular reasoning and fallacies, of which, you need to stop, as it is quite annoying and does not make your case at all.
Fierce Deity certainly is amazing and more interesting, but Dark Link just fits my style more and I'm sure I'm not alone (he also appeared as a costume in Smash first. It might not mean anything, but yeah). A Zelda game with him as a main antagonist or at least taking an important role certainly is very doable. But you can't disprove that Dark Link is a potential threat. I'll say it as many times as I please. I honestly don't care how annoyed you are. I know you're recovering from a concussion, but we're all thick skinned here dude. Just what is it about Dark Link that pisses you guys off lol? Looks like I'm on neither Ganon or Link's side. Seems quite fitting for me.

Last edited:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Played friendlies with Dapuffster the other day, had the most success with Link. Looks like I'm gonna keep maining my man in blu.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I am not of the light, but of Darkness. The closest thing to normal Link I'd ever get is red and FD Link. I'm not a colorful type of person. Bright colors do not fit me well. Even when it comes to Smash.

Fierce Deity certainly is amazing and more interesting, but Dark Link just fits my style more and I'm sure I'm not alone (he also appeared as a costume in Smash first. It might not mean anything, but yeah). A Zelda game with him as a main antagonist or at least taking an important role certainly is very doable. But you can't disprove that Dark Link is a potential threat. I'll say it as many times as I please. I honestly don't care how annoyed you are. I know you're recovering from a concussion, but we're all thick skinned here dude. Just what is it about Dark Link that pisses you guys off lol? Looks like I'm on neither Ganon or Link's side. Seems quite fitting for me.
It is not the character itself that I am angry at, it is you blowing out of proportion of Dark Link with everything. Saying that he can beat Link and Ganondorf, and all of those non sensible statements that hold no water. Also, there are many problems within the "facts" you present that blatantly disregards Canon and the actual games. Let me use this post as an example.
1. He didn't "appear in Smash as a costume first" the very first appearance was in Zelda 2 with "Links Shadow" and in Ocarina of Time, well before Smash existed! Even then, he wasn't exactly a costume until Melee, of which he wore a black tunic, and the real dark Link appeared in a single event. Dark Link as an Alt really didn't happen until Brawl.
2. We have disproved Dark Link as a threat, as he is. He is pretty weak, and unless he gets revamped, he is only a test. He is only an idea with being powerful. Even then, "Dark" versions of characters were blatantly overused and have become a cliché.
3. If you play as Dark Link, you are on Ganondorfs or Hylia's side! He works for Ganondorf 2/3 games he has been in, and works for Hylia guarding the Triforce of Courage 1/3 of the time!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm back baby! :seuss:
I need a lot more experience with SSB4's system. I don't feel like I am in control. I just need to log more play time and learn how everything and everyone works :b:

Does anyone have tips for buffering? I'm not used to the hitstun and get comboed a lot.
I should play more offline and get confident before trying to wifi (but I'll wifi anyway). I found from trying to learn G&W in Brawl that you should never learn how something works on wifi.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
My argument about the alternate costumes hold more water and make more sense than all of your arguments combined. At this stage you're like a child plucking your ears and screaming "I can't hear you" over and over. Which, you are. "I am of darkness"? Really? You're sixteen right? Everybody "is of darkness" at that age because you think it makes you cooler. Well, it doesn't. It just screams your age at everyone. It doesn't make you seem nor sounds badass nor mature but rather the opposite. Tryhard comes to mind. Also, if you happen to live in suburbia, middle class and say that you're "dark and of the night" I'll laugh at you so hard that you'll be able to audibly hear me from wherever you are.

But you can't disprove that Dark Link is a potential threat. I'll say it as many times as I please.
This is Russell's teapot all over. If you claim to be an atheist because there I no evidence for God, and then use this claim to support your stubborn belief of Dark Link being something else than a lolenemy you clearly have no sense of irony. The burden of proof is on you. As @ Lozjam Lozjam stated, you're entire argument consists of phallacies and circular logic. There is nothing left to add to this honestly. Remain ignorant if you wish.

Also, it doesn't bother me that you claim Dark Link to he anything more than a fart of Link's true power, but it is amusing to see you trying to argue against evidence and canon with nothing but you own "but dark is cooler than white" phase of adolescence.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
It is not the character itself that I am angry at, it is you blowing out of proportion of Dark Link with everything. Saying that he can beat Link and Ganondorf, and all of those non sensible statements that hold no water. Also, there are many problems within the "facts" you present that blatantly disregards Canon and the actual games. Let me use this post as an example.
1. He didn't "appear in Smash as a costume first" the very first appearance was in Zelda 2 with "Links Shadow" and in Ocarina of Time, well before Smash existed! Even then, he wasn't exactly a costume until Melee, of which he wore a black tunic, and the real dark Link appeared in a single event. Dark Link as an Alt really didn't happen until Brawl.
2. We have disproved Dark Link as a threat, as he is. He is pretty weak, and unless he gets revamped, he is only a test. He is only an idea with being powerful. Even then, "Dark" versions of characters were blatantly overused and have become a cliché.
3. If you play as Dark Link, you are on Ganondorfs or Hylia's side! He works for Ganondorf 2/3 games he has been in, and works for Hylia guarding the Triforce of Courage 1/3 of the time!
Lol, that was a fantacy I conjured up. You guys were having convos in old english, so I thought I'd join in on the fun. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I didn't think it would get this messy and I was just giving my favorite version of Link some love. Dark Link is the best "dark version of a character" ever. Keep in mind that not all Dark Links are the same. In OoT, it is unknown what he was doing in the water temple. I doubt he was there just to guard the longshot, and his ability to teleport behind you and stand on the end of your blade while you thrust at him is pretty awesome and shows that he can hold his own. You don't see many other characters doing that in the Zelda series, do you? His difficulty level isn't a real argument though as the AI didn't do him enough justice imo. However he most certainly isn't a weak opponent to Link if you don't involve gameplay. Just because you can beat him easily doesn't mean that the same goes for Link.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
My Hylian counterpart could not be any more right. The fact is, you can play Grooses theme whilst reading your post and it will be perfectly fitting. Ah, the novelties of Ganondorf's ancestor. Just look at how far Grooses bloodline has come....
Anyway, as I have proven(I believe) I am a master of Zelda. I know all of the lore, almost every fact, in fact. I have played and beaten every single game of the series 100%(except HW I am waiting for Christmas on that one). @ Elessar Elessar seems to be one too, if not more so than myself(by the way Elessar, Fallacy is written with an F, not a Ph... Unless you don't live in America and spell it differently, in which case, my apologies). You do not want to mess with us when it comes to Zelda Lore, else you will have a Master Sword and a Sages Sword poked through your body as if you were a grassland filled with Rupees. My point? Start playing Grooses theme..... Now
Lol, that was a fantacy I conjured up. You guys were having convos in old english, so I thought I'd join in on the fun. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I didn't think it would get this messy and I was just giving my favorite version of Link some love. Dark Link is the best "dark version of a character" ever.
Entirely subjective. I think SAX is a lot better concept for a character, having ring known how she is so ruthless. You are basing a character off of fanfiction, you realize that right?
Keep in mind that not all Dark Links are the same. In OoT, it is unknown what he was doing in the water temple.
It is pretty clear that Ganondorf's magic made him. It was Ganondorf's powers that made these shrines of worship inhabited by monsters. Also Ganondorf made phantom Ganon, who also bended reality.
I doubt he was there just to guard the longshot, and his ability to teleport behind you and stand on the end of your blade while you thrust at him is pretty awesome and shows that he can hold his own. You don't see many other characters doing that in the Zelda series, do you?
Ghirahim, Zant, Wizrobes, Phantom how many characters are out looking for?
His difficulty level isn't a real argument though as the AI didn't do him enough justice imo. However he most certainly isn't a weak opponent to Link if you don't involve gameplay. Just because you can beat him easily doesn't mean that the same goes for Link.
Isn't a weak opponent if you don't involve gameplay? Are you kidding me? There is no cutscene depicting how powerful Dark Link is, nor any other mention of how "powerful" he is. You are saying he is powerful when there is no Gameplay, when literally all we have is gameplay. It's as ridiculous as saying Joey's Rattata is the fiercest opponent for your pokemon because he is the best rattata, even though you demolished it.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
My argument about the alternate costumes hold more water and make more sense than all of your arguments combined. At this stage you're like a child plucking your ears and screaming "I can't hear you" over and over. Which, you are. "I am of darkness"? Really? You're sixteen right? Everybody "is of darkness" at that age because you think it makes you cooler. Well, it doesn't. It just screams your age at everyone. It doesn't make you seem nor sounds badges nor mature but rather the opposite. Tryhard comes to mind. Also, if you happen to live in suburbia, middle class and say that you're "dark and of the night" I'll laugh at you so hard that you'll be able to audibly hear me from wherever you are.

This is Russell's teapot all over. If you claim to be an atheist because there I no evidence for God, and then use this claim to support your stubborn belief of Dark Link being something else than a lolenemy you clearly have no sense of irony. The burden of proof is on you. As @ Lozjam Lozjam stated, you're entire argument consists of phallacies and circular logic. There is nothing left to add to this honestly. Remain ignorant if you wish.

Also, it doesn't bother me that you claim Dark Link to he anything more than a fast of Link's true power, but it is amusing to see you trying to argue against evidence and canon with nothing but you own "but dark is cooler than white" phase of adolescence.
Just who the hell are you to judge? I'm not at all even that type of person. I simply don't like super colorful things out of preference. Just because you're twice my age gives you absolutely no reason to look down on and judge me without even a grain of real evidence. Same can be said about a lot of you "adults". Just so you know, I'm not emo, gothic or any of that bs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Question for everyone: do your jumps ever get eaten mysteriously? I am SD on average 1 time every game and I thought it was buffering but I'm now wondering it it is bad button lag. I know I press jump but he just falls.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Question for everyone: do your jumps ever get eaten mysteriously? I am SD on average 1 time every game and I thought it was buffering but I'm now wondering it it is bad button lag. I know I press jump but he just falls.
Sometimes that happens, but most of the time, it can be explained. If you accidentally press the Jump button during certain frames of your 1st jump, you still technically "jump" but you gain no height from it. Sometimes though, on a rare occasion, a jump would disappear for no reason.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Lozjam Lozjam Though I do not live in the US, nor am American, nor is English my mother tongue, I do know that fallacy is spelt with an F. That PH was my phone failing again. I'm on vacations at the US atm, and while here I don't have a pc so I'm posting from my phone entirely and my predictive text is horrendous.

And yeah, I'm a pretty big LoZ geek. I've played and beaten every LoZ game almost on the year they came out except for WW which I only played on the Wii U on account of never owning a Gamecube. I have read and almost memorized Hyrule Historia as well. I love lore in general. So when I love a series or franchise I do my best to learn the entire lore of everything.

Just who the hell are you to judge? I'm not at all even that type of person. I simply don't like super colorful things out of preference. Just because you're twice my age gives you absolutely no reason to look down on and judge me without even a grain of real evidence. Same can be said about a lot of you "adults". Just so you know, I'm not emo, gothic or any of that bs.
Looks like I hit a nerve there. What happened o being thick skinned? I didn't even call you kid like I do with unknown hero.

@ Rizen Rizen there's an issue when you jump too close to the Ledge it uses your second jump rather than the first one so you're left jump less.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
on account of never owning a Gamecube.
Never owned a game cube?! You don't know what you're missing! That thing makes excellent brass knuckles.

I'm going to not play wifi and play offline for a while. I'm SDing all over the place and not knowing what's going wrong :facepalm:. I need to learn the buffering and get the controls down before wading into the laggy ocean. :dizzy:

You get a like because you're right about the way people tend to wrongly assume 'darker' is 'better'. I still play Dark Link, not because I am TEH DAWKNESS, but because I'm an angry jerkface who is frequently and gleefully ruining the days of others, much like Dark Link in FSA, who would frequently appear just to block your path, laugh at you, and leave.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
My Hylian counterpart could not be any more right. The fact is, you can play Grooses theme whilst reading your post and it will be perfectly fitting. Ah, the novelties of Ganondorf's ancestor. Just look at how far Grooses bloodline has come....
Anyway, as I have proven(I believe) I am a master of Zelda. I know all of the lore, almost every fact, in fact. I have played and beaten every single game of the series 100%(except HW I am waiting for Christmas on that one). @ Elessar Elessar seems to be one too, if not more so than myself(by the way Elessar, Fallacy is written with an F, not a Ph... Unless you don't live in America and spell it differently, in which case, my apologies). You do not want to mess with us when it comes to Zelda Lore, else you will have a Master Sword and a Sages Sword poked through your body as if you were a grassland filled with Rupees. My point? Start playing Grooses theme..... Now

Entirely subjective. I think SAX is a lot better concept for a character, having ring known how she is so ruthless. You are basing a character off of fanfiction, you realize that right?

It is pretty clear that Ganondorf's magic made him. It was Ganondorf's powers that made these shrines of worship inhabited by monsters. Also Ganondorf made phantom Ganon, who also bended reality.

Ghirahim, Zant, Wizrobes, Phantom how many characters are out looking for?

Isn't a weak opponent if you don't involve gameplay? Are you kidding me? There is no cutscene depicting how powerful Dark Link is, nor any other mention of how "powerful" he is. You are saying he is powerful when there is no Gameplay, when literally all we have is gameplay. It's as ridiculous as saying Joey's Rattata is the fiercest opponent for your pokemon because he is the best rattata, even though you demolished it.
1. I have no idea who that is.

2. There is no evidence suggesting that. Things would go very differently once you defeat him if that were the case.

3. When I said that, Ghirahim actually came to mind first. But instead of standing on your blade when you thrust at him to hit you, he catches it, grabs it from you and hits you with it. But of course I knew there were a lot of other characters that could teleport. Not sure what I was thinking when I left that sentence in.

4. I'm saying that there's a low chance Dark Link would be weak against Link if there wasn't a player controlling him that knew exactly how to beat him. How would you react if that was happening in reality? Exactly.

As for what you said in a previous reply, of course I knew that Dark Link appeared before Smash. I meant that Dark Link was in as a costume first, before Fierce Deity Link. I see how you could misinterpret that though.
You get a like because you're right about the way people tend to wrongly assume 'darker' is 'better'. I still play Dark Link, not because I am TEH DAWKNESS, but because I'm an angry jerkface who is frequently and gleefully ruining the days of others, much like Dark Link in FSA, who would frequently appear just to block your path, laugh at you, and leave.
I wasn't even being serious when I said that. Basically all that meant was "no".

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
The gamecube is indestructible. I can't tell you how many times ours was knocked off the entertainment center back home. Every time we would just pick it up, turn it back on, and continue like nothing ever happen. That thing is a trooper.

Top Bottom