• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ganon is Ganondorf :/

Remember when I said I got photos of a rare red fox mutation with black fur? Here they are:

I also had a rare blue crayfish I caught for a pet in the past. His name was Sunspot.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
In OoT, Dark Link can dodge a swing of your sword, stand on the end of your blade, and hit you back in a fraction of a second. He can also teleport and can use any item in Link's arsenal, as shown in ALBW. There's your canon dude. If that's not enough to be a threat, I don't know what is. And personally, SS has the best story imo. It's my favorite Zelda game just because of it. As for ALTTP, I've never gotten around to playing it. Nor any of the 2D Zeldas besides Four swords and the original game. And I don't plan to, because I dislike top-down camera views. It's the same reason why I don't like ALBW all that much either.
Oh yes, such a magnificent creature, to die within 30 seconds and in 5 hits. It's really powerful guys!
*1:50
Also Dark Link is not in ALBW. Those are merely the shadows of other players, and as I have stated before, even that has limitations. It can only use 2 items. It still pales in comparison to real link.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well I could make some argument about the 'brothers' referring to those who play 'smash brothers', but that would be tiresome, so yeah, of course the sisters as well.
Don't worry. When it comes down to it, they've got your back.

Incidentally, have you read the post my twin brother made when he hacked my account the other day? You might find it helpful.
http://smashboards.com/threads/hey-listen-read-this-before-posting.380431/#post-18084091
Fair enough. That reference is cool though.

I'm still a little uncertain about the link main having my back, you know, Being a Toon Link main and all.

Wait, your brother did that?! Gawds, that's funny XD. In all seriousness though, I probable follow 1/7 of those survival tips. Maybe I should take note.

Hey Fox, have you been watching the cricket lately?

Also, spend my condolences to @ Lozjam Lozjam , I sorry that that happened to him, unfortunately I don't know the guy at all.
@ Elessar Elessar you have no idea how tempted I am to create a second account where I just follow behind all of your posts and decipher them
Fun fact, this is my second account. Just thought I would throw it out there

Huge SS spoiler.

Demise os the Demon King, not the King of Darkness, and he wasn't at his peak when beaten by Link but was recently awakened and still weakish. Even then it was a struggle for Link who at that point, as I said, was imbued with the power of two sacred relics: a fully awakened and empowered Master Sword (a sword crafted by a goddess and imbued with her power and essence specifically to defeat Demise) and the entire triforce, which has the essence and power of the three goddesses. Remember that at that point Link was basically a demigod with a holy sword, he didn't just have the triforce of courage, but all three. He was the essence of courage, wisdom and power.

Dark Link just can't compare. He's nothing but dark emotions who mimic Link. A poor copy, nothing more.
Actually Link left the Triforce behind in the future when he fought Demise, who had absorbed the spirit of the Goddess and was arguably stronger then than he was when Hylia fought him.

However, nothing even comes close to this big guy:

Though it sucks that he isn't an actual costume in Sm4sh and is just a simple recolor. It doesn't do him nearly as much justice as it does for Dark Link.
FD Link has never done anything of note that any adult form of Link couldn't have done in an afternoon.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Oh yes, such a magnificent creature, to die within 30 seconds and in 5 hits. It's really powerful guys!
*1:50
Also Dark Link is not in ALBW. Those are merely the shadows of other players, and as I have stated before, even that has limitations. It can only use 2 items. It still pales in comparison to real link.
Lozjam wins, hands down. No argument left.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Fair enough. That reference is cool though.

I'm still a little uncertain about the link main having my back, you know, Being a Toon Link main and all.

Wait, your brother did that?! Gawds, that's funny XD. In all seriousness though, I probable follow 1/7 of those survival tips. Maybe I should take note.

Also, spend my condolences to @ Lozjam Lozjam , I sorry that that happened to him, unfortunately I don't know the guy at all.

Fun fact, this is my second account. Just thought I would throw it out there
You condolences have been sent and noted. Thank you. :)
I should be just fine soon as well.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
What are you doing mocha with giving Ganondorf the entire triforce? That's like a no no.
I don't know, I think this time will be different. We'll just sit him down, look him dead in the eyes, and say, "Don't raze Hyrule to the ground".
He'd have to be awfully evil for that not to work, and I'm not going to lie, I like the cut of his jib.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
You welcome. Hope you get better soon. *Plays Song of Healing for Lozjam*
*Lozjam dies and turns into a mask*
Well that worked out well, it fixed his concussion at least! Man, the song of healing does a fantastic job of healing people. Maybe...... We should heal everyone.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Well that worked out well, it fixed his concussion at least! Man, the song of healing does a fantastic job of healing people. Maybe...... We should heal everyone.
*Lozjam is revived by a fairy Unknown is carrying around*

I mean, The song doesn't always kill people and turn them into masks. Just people who are dead or about to dy, not the living (ie the dad at what place in Majora'a Mask, Ikana Valley or something, I don't I forgot)

Though you are right, I does do a good job at healing people and that idea is brilliant, we should healing everyone! I wouldn't, seriously, the last month hasn't been so great for me

You don't want me to be a mask. Trust me. Men were not meant to tamper with such forces.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
*Lozjam is revived by a fairy Unknown is carrying around*

I mean, The song doesn't always kill people and turn them into masks. Just people who are dead or about to dy, not the living (ie the dad at what place in Majora'a Mask, Ikana Valley or something, I don't I forgot)

Though you are right, I does do a good job at healing people and that idea is brilliant, we should healing everyone! I wouldn't, seriously, the last month hasn't been so great for me
You wanna talk about it?
Time for psychiatrist Ganondorf to take the stage :4ganondorf:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Er, actually I really don't want, thanks!
*Pulls out Master Sword and backs away slowly*

Is your name Harry?

No seriously, how'd ya get it so easily?
Nonsense! Ganondorf loves for his victims to be in prime mental, physical, and emotional help before he destroys them! So please, help me help yourself.
As a quick analysis, it does not seem like you a grieving over a dead one, as a subtle reference of death would of put you into an emotional state. But the attraction of a mate of your choice could theoretically be what ails you, as they did not receive the lust for power that you have! It could also be financial strain, or something political, like a loss of a friend or a divorce.
Then I again, I could be wrong. And if I am, Ganondorf is going to take you on a little..... Trip.... When he took me, boy did it make all of my problems go away. HehehehehehemwahahahaHahahahMWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Is your name Harry?

No seriously, how'd ya get it so easily?
Elementary, my dear Unknown Hero. It's simply a case of observation. Many people see, but do not observe. I observed that there used to be user who posted on the Link boards by the name of unkown hero. Now the mere similarity between the names is enough to suggest a connection. Upon further investigation, I noticed that the last post made by unkown hero was on November 10th, which just so happens to be the very same day that you created your own account. Not only that, but the second to last post by unkown hero makes mention of creating a new account. With these facts it was elementary to deduce that unkown hero and unknown hero were actually one in the same person.
Nonsense! Ganondorf loves for his victims to be in prime mental, physical, and emotional help before he destroys them! So please, help me help yourself.
As a quick analysis, it does not seem like you a grieving over a dead one, as a subtle reference of death would of put you into an emotional state. But the attraction of a mate of your choice could theoretically be what ails you, as they did not receive the lust for power that you have! It could also be financial strain, or something political, like a loss of a friend or a divorce.
Then I again, I could be wrong. And if I am, Ganondorf is going to take you on a little..... Trip.... When he took me, boy did it make all of my problems go away. HehehehehehemwahahahaHahahahMWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
So there's this crazy chick that is terrible at baseball, and has repeatedly pulled a football away as I try to kick it. I've had chronic back pain for years. You're a doctor, can you take care of it?
I bet her name is Zelda, right?
Take two red potions and call me in the morning.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Whoa... so much activity. You know, no matter how cheesy it is, the power of friendship is very touching and always prevails (kingdom hearts ftw). Now as much as i like the idea of Dark Link as the main character, it just seems like a bizarre change to the Zelda formula. Sounds good in a book, but in gameplay it would detract from him representing the Triforce of Courage, standing against all odds no matter what, and instead give in to the darkness. i'm not all for a completely plot-driven zelda game either (unless it's SS)...

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I bet her name is Zelda, right?
Take two red potions and call me in the morning.
I was hoping you could "take care of it" in another way....
Nah, it's not Zelda. Although she refuses to put out, I'm not interested in killing her.

Zelkman, I can't like that post enough. Help me out here guys.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I was hoping you could "take care of it" in another way....
Nah, it's not Zelda. Although she refuses to put out, I'm not interested in killing her.
Well I might know a few guys for a job like that...

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
He wouldn't prefer Marin and a snort of that special Powder?
You look me dead in the eyes and tell me he's not Toon Link.
(actually, just look where his eyes are looking)

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
You did read the post I linked, right? Might I just direct your eyes once again to survival tip 1 and 2.

Wait, your brother did that?!
Wh... How...
[sigh]
I can't do this any more. I'm sorry. I'm trying, I truly am, but I can't.
I'll tell you what. How about you PM me, and then the next time my 'twin brother' 'hacks my account' he can tell you.

I don't watch tv.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Uh, no. Dark Link kicks ***. If you honestly think Dark Link is limited by game mechanics, you're wrong lol. Smh
Ummmm dude, you can't break the walls of canon like that. What you see is what you get. The only time Dark Link truly appears in a Zelda game is OoT, who dies in a scrawny 5 hits, FSA, where Dark Link is created by Ganon and still is weaker than Link, and finally, Zelda 2, where Dark Link is canonically just Links shadow to test if he is worthy for the triforce. In every game, Dark Link is pretty easy to beat, that isn't "Limiting Dark Link with game mechanics", that is merely fact. It's kind of like saying Moblins from Wind Waker are total bad asses and can revolt against Ganondorf, take on Link, and get and use the full triforce because they are limited by game mechanics. Dark Link is just another enemy, and not even the strongest one at that. In OoT Darknuts are way more powerful than Dark Link in almost every way. That isn't being "limited by game mechanics", it's game design, they purposefully made Dark Link weaker than Darknuts. End of story.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Link is the true bad*** of LoZ. He has the frickin Triforce of Courage. He does things no one else will do, he is pretty strong, and he's really smart. He's canonically UNBEATABLE.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Link is the true bad*** of LoZ. He has the frickin Triforce of Courage. He does things no one else will do, he is pretty strong, and he's really smart. He's canonically UNBEATABLE.
*cough cough downfall timeline plus all of the stuff of how Link didn't truly win in TP and WW*
Also, Link never really truly wins alone against Ganondorf(Ganon is a different story)
Had it not for the King of Hyrule, Ganondorf would have had the complete triforce, and it would have been Game Over for Link. It was merely an ambush, a switcheroo.
Ganondorf really never takes Link seriously in his Final Boss fight(before he turns into Ganon). But the thing is, Link even canonically loses 1/2 of the time(downfall timeline)
Ganondorf was invulnerable during his boss fight. If Midna didn't have the complete fused shadow(which was a whole power that overpowers all of the light spirits out together, and even then. It only stunned Ganondorf for a limited amount of time, and made him slightly vulnerable to light arrows), Ganondorf would have killed Link and took over all of Hyrule. It wasn't Links victory at all.
[/spoilers]
Not to burst you bubble or anything... But it's the truth. SS, ST, ALttP, ALBW Links are actually good though.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
*cough cough downfall timeline plus all of the stuff of how Link didn't truly win in TP and WW*

Not to burst you bubble or anything... But it's the truth. SS, ST, ALttP, ALBW Links are actually good though.
Ummmm dude, you can't break the walls of canon like that. What you see is what you get. The only time Dark Link truly appears in a Zelda game is OoT, who dies in a scrawny 5 hits, FSA, where Dark Link is created by Ganon and still is weaker than Link, and finally, Zelda 2, where Dark Link is canonically just Links shadow to test if he is worthy for the triforce. In every game, Dark Link is pretty easy to beat, that isn't "Limiting Dark Link with game mechanics", that is merely fact. It's kind of like saying Moblins from Wind Waker are total bad ***** and can revolt against Ganondorf, take on Link, and get and use the full triforce because they are limited by game mechanics. Dark Link is just another enemy, and not even the strongest one at that. In OoT Darknuts are way more powerful than Dark Link in almost every way. That isn't being "limited by game mechanics", it's game design, they purposefully made Dark Link weaker than Darknuts. End of story.
Not to play devil's advocate, since I actually agree with you, but the Darknut argument is kinda weak; I mean, how many games are there where you fight some boss, they have 50,000 hp or something, then they become a good guy and have like 500? I think it's more just so that Darknuts are a challenging miniboss at a later part in the game, although I would imagine plotlinewise Dark Link would be among the strongest opponents Link is supposed to face.

And the whole timeline crap is just Nintendo's way of fitting all the Zelda games into one convoluted timeline (outside of obvious connections like SS to OoT, Zelda to Zelda 2, and OoT to WW) Although you could also just argue that Link is unbeatable since if he loses he can just come back as another iteration (in this case NES Zelda Link or ALttP Link) and beat up Ganon anyway :awesome:

Top Bottom