• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Thanks, btw is it worth quizzing Nintendo on the DA hitbox thing? or will they just ignore me?
They'll just ignore you probably, but hey, you lose nothing with trying so go ahead and mail them.

@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 are you really trying to say that the "bad" guy who in HW was beaten by the power of freaking friendship is superior to the avatar of the Demon King (@ Lozjam Lozjam )? An entity so powerful that the only recourse the goddess had to stop him from obliterating humanity was to hide us away in the clouds then let him just ravage the earth? One that even she could not stop and had thus to create a chosen hero, who imbued with the power of the gods from two sacred relics was still unable to destroy him?

Sorry, but Dark Link is just Link's naughty shadow, and just like a shadow it's nothing but a blurry and vain bad copy of the original. Even Majora's Mask is more of a villain, a freaking mask.

Darklink46

Smash Apprentice
OK thanks Elessar.

Did they change Link's grab between 3DS n Wii U? It just seems there more ending lag in Wii U if you miss?

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
OK thanks Elessar.

Did they change Link's grab between 3DS n Wii U? It just seems there more ending lag in Wii U if you miss?
I'm pretty sure the only thing that chaneed about his grab is the length. However the ending lag is much faster but still punishable (from Brawl to 4). 3DS and Wii U versions have the same statistics, I'm sure.

Rizen

Smash Legend
So I have theses mini tacos in my freezer from trader joe's. I thought why do tacos always use hamburger meat? Why not put sausage in tacos? Sigmund Freud will have a field day with that one.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
@ Elessar Elessar you have no idea how tempted I am to create a second account where I just follow behind all of your posts and decipher them

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Elessar Elessar you have no idea how tempted I am to create a second account where I just follow behind all of your posts and decipher them
Decipher them? What is there to Decipher? I'm as transparent a person and poster as they come.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
You sly devil, you already edited it :glare:
Edit what? I didn't edit anything. If I had, there should be a note saying the post was edited, as on this post.

Zelkam, I think your eyes are playing tricks on you. You might need to visit an ophthalmologist.

See? - - - - - - - - - - >

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh I should also mention this. Did you guys see the iJustine interview?
If not here is the interview
You showed the Zelda trailer and that's such a huge world. How is that going to be for you guys to approach as far as gameplay and story, because it's such a huge world?

With Zelda games, what we've always done is try to make them where you enter this big world of Hyrule and there's a lot to explore and discover, but because of the hardware limitations, what we've had to do is segment off each area and piece those segments together in a way that make them feel like a big world. Now, with the hardware capabilities of Wii U, we first started by saying if we can take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess, and make that the size of one of the areas in the game.

Do you see that as a game where people will go to complete a certain mission and they end up doing fifty things along the way?

Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go in to one big one long dungeon, or you're headed for a dungeon and doing other things on the side. What we're trying to do is design it in a way where you don't have to play it for a super long time, but more matched to today's lifestyle where you can think for a little bit, and say "maybe I just want to play for a little bit today and do this one thing." and get that thing done, then take a break.
*breathing intensifies*
Ganondorf is pleased.
Also, it seems like a "leak" is gathering traction in GameFAQ's. It's probably not true, but since the guy is continuing to post and answering questions. Idk.... He seems kind of genuine. Still probably fake though...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632936-the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u/70822912

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Edit what? I didn't edit anything. If I had, there should be a note saying the post was edited, as on this post.

Zelkam, I think your eyes are playing tricks on you. You might need to visit an ophthalmologist.

See? - - - - - - - - - - >
Don't play coy with me. Your reply to darklink originally said "lost motion" not "lose nothing". if I was on my computer I could've screencapped it. And I'm sure with your mod powers your able to edit things without the edit tag showing up.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

*breathing intensifies*
Ganondorf is pleased.
Also, it seems like a "leak" is gathering traction in GameFAQ's. It's probably not true, but since the guy is continuing to post and answering questions. Idk.... He seems kind of genuine. Still probably fake though...
I really like the Gerudo-raised Link idea/theories I've been coming across, but would they really do it? I mean, we barely hear of the Gerudo tribe other than in OoT. I would personally like to see more of them again.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I, for one, would love to see a Gerudo raised Link. It would give him an interesting new back story and it would give the Gerudo tribe the chance to redeem themselves from always being viewed as the villains.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

*breathing intensifies*
Ganondorf is pleased.
I read it, and as much as I would love to see some of this in the game I don't think it's accurate. But the again, I just generally distrust all leaks since I have getting hyped over a false hope and then bitterly disappointed.

I agree with Mocha and Zelkam though, a Gerardo raised Link would be awesome, though how old that work? Considering that only one male is born and he is destined to be the king.

Don't play coy with me. Your reply to darklink originally said "lost motion" not "lose nothing". if I was on my computer I could've screencapped it. And I'm sure with your mod powers your able to edit things without the edit tag showing up.
I know not of what you blab about Sir. Shoo, be gone with your crazy talk.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
IConsidering that only one male is born and he is destined to be the king.
Well he wouldn't be born Gerudo of course... he obviously doesn't share the same features. Being raised however, is different. In OoT, they mentioned a Hylian mother was fleeing (presumably from a war?) and that a baby boy had been left with the Kokiri. The tribe that had taken the responsibility of taking Link under their wing and raising him theoretically could have been the Gerudo too.

Regardless of whatever issues Hylians and Gerudo have with one another... if you're a mother and you're within dying breath with a baby in your arms, you would be desperate for anyone to care for your child.

I think the bigger question, as you have pointed out, would be as to what would become of Link's status among the Gerudo tribe, and would they break tradition, even though he's not Gerudo by blood? And if Ganondorf was at all involved, would he see Link as even greater rival, due to a potential challenge in his leadership?

Or the more seemingly impossible concept of them possibly have gotten along at some point? Now that would be interesting, and would raise further conflict with their inescapable fates.

Alas, I keep hearing rumors Ganon/Ganondorf might not even be in this game. I will be a sad panda if it's true.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Dammit Zelkam, I'm tempted to up the ante...but I won't abuse my powers. Not yet at least.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
If the leaker is right, then Ganondorf isn't in this game. So yeah. Also there are two factions if the Gerudo. One that has opened up to outsiders, and is a little bit more moderate, and one more extreme tribe in Lanayru desert.

FSK

Smash Ace
I don't buy it. The fractions of Gerudo's might make sense though. For instance Nabooru in Oot was a more rebelled Gerudo and if there were others with her mindset they could have started their own thing.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Thank you all of the Links who came to wish me well. And thank you @Naroghin for the extremely nice thought. Ganondorf appreciates you all, you may join with him and have a share of the power!
I am still recovering, but I should be able to play Smash by Monday to begin my ascent to the gods. All of my technical skill, my spacing, my muscle memory has been reset, while my knowledge of characters and matchups has remained. So I have to restart everything about Smash, but that means I can make my Ganondorf even more powerful
As a matter of fact, since I'm almost completely reset from Smash(muscle memory wise) I am looking for new secondaries. I always used to main Link in to the past,, so I am considering not maiming Link and maybe Zelda in smash 4 and adding them as secondaries,
Oh ****, Loz what happened? Why didnt you say anything to the group?
Also, Gold Link is the only Link in my eyes, there is no other color selection

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I agree with Mocha and Zelkam though, a Gerardo raised Link would be awesome, though how old that work? Considering that only one male is born and he is destined to be the king.
Plot twist of all time. This is the game that we actually play as an incarnate of Demise. Link finally succumbs to the darkness at the end of the game, and Ganon is born.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh ****, Loz what happened? Why didnt you say anything to the group?
Also, Gold Link is the only Link in my eyes, there is no other color selection
I told you already when I stopped by. Remember when I told y'all that I had a severe concussion? Well yeah... Still recovering. That's also why I haven't been on Skype much, I have mostly been on my phone because of the concussion. Don't worry though, I should be back soon. Then I need to retrain myself in Smash because a lot of my skills were lost. It's ok though, that just means I can come back stronger than ever.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Plot twist of all time. This is the game that we actually play as an incarnate of Demise. Link finally succumbs to the darkness at the end of the game, and Ganon is born.
GOTY
That actually sounds pretty epic
WHY ARENT WE FUNDING THIS?
I told you already when I stopped by. Remember when I told y'all that I had a severe concussion? Well yeah... Still recovering. That's also why I haven't been on Skype much, I have mostly been on my phone because of the concussion. Don't worry though, I should be back soon. Then I need to retrain myself in Smash because a lot of my skills were lost. It's ok though, that just means I can come back stronger than ever.
I went afk for a while as well, so I didn't hear about it
I'll still beatdown that Ganon though :smirk:
Glad to see you are recovering well

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
They'll just ignore you probably, but hey, you lose nothing with trying so go ahead and mail them.

@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 are you really trying to say that the "bad" guy who in HW was beaten by the power of freaking friendship is superior to the avatar of the Demon King (@ Lozjam Lozjam )? An entity so powerful that the only recourse the goddess had to stop him from obliterating humanity was to hide us away in the clouds then let him just ravage the earth? One that even she could not stop and had thus to create a chosen hero, who imbued with the power of the gods from two sacred relics was still unable to destroy him?

Sorry, but Dark Link is just Link's naughty shadow, and just like a shadow it's nothing but a blurry and vain bad copy of the original. Even Majora's Mask is more of a villain, a freaking mask.
I still say to hell with them both. Tbh, we know almost nothing about Dark Link as a character. I guess it was done purposefully to retain a sense of mystery. Hell, we don't even know if Link ever truly defeated Dark Link. It might've been a test of strength for all we know. Hyrule Warriors is nothing but fanservice anyways. That game means absolutely nothing. The fact that Goddesses need help from a human is pretty pathetic imo. Even the original "King of Darkness" , Demise (who supposedly was at peak in terms of power with some arguable exceptions) , was stomped out by Link. And The Hero of Time possibly losing the final battle against Ganondorf in OoT goes to show that Link and Ganondorf (and the rest of Demise's reincarnates) are close, or at least can be close when it comes to streangth. Since Dark Link can do just about anything Link can and then some with a few handy powers, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that Dark Link can overtake both Ganondof and Link.

However, nothing even comes close to this big guy:

Though it sucks that he isn't an actual costume in Sm4sh and is just a simple recolor. It doesn't do him nearly as much justice as it does for Dark Link.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Your image is broken or something. Dark Link is never portrayed as anything more than a weak shadow of Link. He can't do what Link does and has never been shown to be as strong as Link.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
^Your image is broken or something. Dark Link is never portrayed as anything more than a weak shadow of Link. He can't do what Link does and has never been shown to be as strong as Link.
A Link Between Worlds?
Everyone: "Where's Ganondorf?"
Link: "I am Ganondorf!"
*crowd gasps*
*my reaction*~

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't have a 3DS and never played ALBW. I'll get one when the price drops so please don't spoil it.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Huge SS spoiler.

Demise os the Demon King, not the King of Darkness, and he wasn't at his peak when beaten by Link but was recently awakened and still weakish. Even then it was a struggle for Link who at that point, as I said, was imbued with the power of two sacred relics: a fully awakened and empowered Master Sword (a sword crafted by a goddess and imbued with her power and essence specifically to defeat Demise) and the entire triforce, which has the essence and power of the three goddesses. Remember that at that point Link was basically a demigod with a holy sword, he didn't just have the triforce of courage, but all three. He was the essence of courage, wisdom and power.

Dark Link just can't compare. He's nothing but dark emotions who mimic Link. A poor copy, nothing more.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh Rizen, Dark Link isn't part of the plot and it isn't even part of the main game. It is not even Dark Link. Sarhasrala explains it as a "visitor from another world". It's a niche street pass feature where you can set a Link with the equipment of your choosing, and when you receive one, you fight it's A.I. And get rupees if you beat it. What @ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 doesn't notice, even if this Link was canon, he is still just a shadow compared to the original Link. Link gets all of his items while Dark Link only gets 2.
Also, Dark Link is sort of a pushover in OoT. Biggorons sword completely bodies him.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Huge SS spoiler.

Demise os the Demon King, not the King of Darkness, and he wasn't at his peak when beaten by Link but was recently awakened and still weakish. Even then it was a struggle for Link who at that point, as I said, was imbued with the power of two sacred relics: a fully awakened and empowered Master Sword (a sword crafted by a goddess and imbued with her power and essence specifically to defeat Demise) and the entire triforce, which has the essence and power of the three goddesses. Remember that at that point Link was basically a demigod with a holy sword, he didn't just have the triforce of courage, but all three. He was the essence of courage, wisdom and power.

Dark Link just can't compare. He's nothing but dark emotions who mimic Link. A poor copy, nothing more.
Who's to say you're wrong? When was it said by Nintendo that's all Dark Link was? Oh wait, it wasn't. Can't a Dark Link fan speculate in peace?
Link had the entire Triforce and still had trouble defeating a weakened Demise? So much for the Triforce then, huh? Link would probably be absolutely worthless without it. That would also confirm Demise as the peak of any of his reincarnations in terms of power.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Huge SS spoiler.

Also, Link never really truly wins alone against Ganondorf(Ganon is a different story)
Had it not for the King of Hyrule, Ganondorf would have had the complete triforce, and it would have been Game Over for Link. It was merely an ambush, a switcheroo.
Ganondorf really never takes Link seriously in his Final Boss fight(before he turns into Ganon). But the thing is, Link even canonically loses 1/2 of the time(downfall timeline)
Ganondorf was invulnerable during his boss fight. If Midna didn't have the complete fused shadow(which was a whole power that overpowers all of the light spirits out together, and even then. It only stunned Ganondorf for a limited amount of time, and made him slightly vulnerable to light arrows), Ganondorf would have killed Link and took over all of Hyrule. It wasn't Links victory at all.
[/spoilers]

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Link had the entire Triforce and still had trouble defeating a weakened Demise? So much for the Triforce then, huh? Link would probably be absolutely worthless without it. That would also confirm Demise as the peak of any of his reincarnations in terms of power.
Dude, demise is a Demon King, basically a dark God, who even a goddess couldn't kill. We're not talking about your average run off the mill bad guy, this is THE bad guy. Basically, Link facing a God with the powers of a God. It was an even match in terms of power. However, after that Link as been able to defeat everybody else without the aid of the triforce. Heck, he constantly faces the essence of the triforce of power with the essence of having balls. He faces an immortal indestructible enemy and makes him stare down, and sometimes even before turning 10.

You're talking about fan fiction versus canon. You can speculate but it's nothing more than that speculation. This is canon.

Also, Link never really truly wins alone against Ganondorf(Ganon is a different story)
I really want to like this, but I can't and won't since you're basically dissing Link.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Had it not for the King of Hyrule, Ganondorf would have had the complete triforce, and it would have been Game Over for Link. It was merely an ambush, a switcheroo.
Ganondorf really never takes Link seriously in his Final Boss fight(before he turns into Ganon). But the thing is, Link even canonically loses 1/2 of the time(downfall timeline)
Ganondorf was invulnerable during his boss fight. If Midna didn't have the complete fused shadow(which was a whole power that overpowers all of the light spirits out together, and even then. It only stunned Ganondorf for a limited amount of time, and made him slightly vulnerable to light arrows), Ganondorf would have killed Link and took over all of Hyrule. It wasn't Links victory at all.
[/spoilers]
I don't see your point. [spoilers] Link still fights and kills Ganondorf in TP and WW head on. Bringing up OoT really doesn't help either. [/spoilers]

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Dude, demise is a Demon King, basically a dark God, who even a goddess couldn't kill. We're not talking about your average run off the mill bad guy, this is THE bad guy. Basically, Link facing a God with the powers of a God. It was an even match in terms of power. However, after that Link as been able to defeat everybody else without the aid of the triforce. Heck, he constantly faces the essence of the triforce of power with the essence of having balls. He faces an immortal indestructible enemy and makes him stare down, and sometimes even before turning 10.

You're talking about fan fiction versus canon. You can speculate but it's nothing more than that speculation. This is canon.

I really want to like this, but I can't and won't since you're basically dissing Link.
Hey, I love myself some Link, but in those games.... He is kind of wimpy when competing with Ganondorf.
However ALttP Link is a ****ing badass. He fully demolishes Ganon when Ganon has the possession of the full triforce. That is both ballsy, and really impressive. Of course, Ganon wasn't in his prime, a lot of his power went to breaching the light world, but still. The full triforce! Then there was all the stuff he did in the Oracle Games, and LA. ALttP Link is the most powerful Link ever. Ganondorf has to give credit where credit is due, and that incarnation of Link deserves it.
I don't see your point. [spoilers] Link still fights and kills Ganondorf in TP and WW head on. Bringing up OoT really doesn't help either. [/spoilers]
If you mean Midna stunning Ganondorf with the full power of the fused shadow, an artifact that threatened the gods themselves with it's power, and then Zelda restricting Ganondorfs power with the power of light spirits, gods within themselves, before Link could finally do damage to him. Yes, Link took Ganondorf head on.
The King explicitly wished for the 2 kids to survive. The Triforce grants any wish. If the King hadn't interfered Link would be dead.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hey, I love myself some Link, but in those games.... He is kind of wimpy when competing with Ganondorf.
However ALttP Link is a ****ing badass. He fully demolishes Ganon when Ganon has the possession of the full triforce. That is both ballsy, and really impressive. Of course, Ganon wasn't in his prime, a lot of his power went to breaching the light world, but still. The full triforce! Then there was all the stuff he did in the Oracle Games, and LA. ALttP Link is the most powerful Link ever. Ganondorf has to give credit where credit is due, and that incarnation of Link deserves it.
And that's why ALttP has always been my favorite LoZ game. Only SS comes close plot wise.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

In OoT, Dark Link can dodge a swing of your sword, stand on the end of your blade, and hit you back in a fraction of a second. He can also teleport and can use any item in Link's arsenal, as shown in ALBW. There's your canon dude. If that's not enough to be a threat, I don't know what is. And personally, SS has the best story imo. It's my favorite Zelda game just because of it. As for ALTTP, I've never gotten around to playing it. Nor any of the 2D Zeldas besides Four swords and the original game. And I don't plan to, because I dislike top-down camera views. It's the same reason why I don't like ALBW all that much either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom