• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Totally forgot to say hello to Mocha realizing it's the same Mocha from AiB.

Hi Mochaaaaaaaaa!

Speaking of Starbucks. I'm in one now leeching internet off them. Tehe.

I think this Saturday I'll be going to a tournament. Gonna rep TL and Link. Ought to be fun. Bombs for days and all.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Totally forgot to say hello to Mocha realizing it's the same Mocha from AiB.

Hi Mochaaaaaaaaa!

Speaking of Starbucks. I'm in one now leeching internet off them. Tehe.

I think this Saturday I'll be going to a tournament. Gonna rep TL and Link. Ought to be fun. Bombs for days and all.
Heya, sup? (: and lucky you! You can leech their internet; I'll leech my paycheck that ends up being like 10% coffee (probably more than that actually).

Good luck in the tourney if you go! Hope to see Link rep get some love in the following years to come.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I've always loved silent protagonists. I know most people don't really like them, but There's already mystery behind them and I came personify them however I want. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Link doesn't need to talk. Link is a man, and there is an unspoken language that only true men can communicate and understand.

ConsummateK

Smash Cadet
I know there is an intro thread, but I thought I would also introduce myself here as this will probably be where I spend a high percentage of my time. I've been playing smash since the 64...but am just now learning how to really play. Or at least trying. Cheers.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Mocha Mocha Yes that bundle exists, but I don't plan on playing with the GC controller, andI don't think I can get that bundle on the 21st. Plus, if I do it'll be like double the cost.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know there is an intro thread, but I thought I would also introduce myself here as this will probably be where I spend a high percentage of my time. I've been playing smash since the 64...but am just now learning how to really play. Or at least trying. Cheers.
Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
Welcome. Do your best to learn the terms we use and keep up.

The Triforce trio are always more mysterious than the side characters... have you noticed that?
I certainly have, and SS confirmed for me that I really do not want voice acting in the games. That scene with groose falling from the sky would not have been the same.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I personally would be all for voice acting in legend of Zelda, but they're too afraid of screwing up royally.
Been a while Mocha, good to hear from you; I'm more of a Carmel Macchiato man myself due to being a sillynanny in the coffee department.

Any fellow Hylians ever played Actraiser on the SNES? Made by Enix, great soundtrack, smooth controls, neat gameplay, etc.
My favorite song from the game was Bloodpool Act 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsefax53YP0
But more to my point in asking, I would love to see Link have a costume or mod in the form of "The Master" from the game.

TFofTruth

Smash Rookie
I personally would be all for voice acting in legend of Zelda, but they're too afraid of screwing up royally.
Been a while Mocha, good to hear from you; I'm more of a Carmel Macchiato man myself due to being a sillynanny in the coffee department.

Any fellow Hylians ever played Actraiser on the SNES? Made by Enix, great soundtrack, smooth controls, neat gameplay, etc.
My favorite song from the game was Bloodpool Act 1:
But more to my point in asking, I would love to see Link have a costume or mod in the form of "The Master" from the game.
Actraiser was the bomb! I remember really liking the music for all those old Enix games.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This Link pic is frickin awesome! I totally think my Link is this badass in gameplay. Of courese, the latter's up for debate, but you can't deny the epicness and realism in this picture. You can't!

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Mocha, thanks. Too bad the Hyrule Warriors Master Sword doesn't have slots for skills. It does deplete enemy weak point gauges faster than the standard knight's sword and I think the reach is slightly better so it would be good for Hero difficulty.

@ ConsummateK ConsummateK welcome :)

@ powerstar, now there's a manly Link pic :)

I'm strongly against voice acting (in words) in the Zelda series. If the series had spoken dialog, Hurule Warriors would have ended up sounding like Kessen 2 *shudder*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJR4EViYQ0
(I hope this is a good representation of Kessen 2 because my pos internet won't even load the youtube right now. Never use centurylink)
Who knows what developers will get there hands on a beloved series and make an 'Other M' out of it.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I can't wait to do retreating zairs and fairs on Friday <3
gosh dangit, you beat me to it. We can retreat with Zairs on the 3ds, but I'm really excited to see retreating bomb throws and bomb slides and whatnot.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Anyone else sharing the opinion of Sm4sh Link feeling better than PM Link? He feels less clunky and has that charm no other iteration of Link has. The horizontal angle his second hit of Dsmash sends you was a genius move by Nintendo. All of his aerials come out clean and quick, namely his Fair and Bair(both hits are guaranteed, and it's actually easier to double bair in this game). The PMDT should be taking notes lol.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I'm strongly against voice acting (in words) in the Zelda series. If the series had spoken dialog, Hurule Warriors would have ended up sounding like Kessen 2 *shudder*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJR4EViYQ0
(I hope this is a good representation of Kessen 2 because my pos internet won't even load the youtube right now. Never use centurylink)
Who knows what developers will get there hands on a beloved series and make an 'Other M' out of it.
And that mentality is the exact same one Nintendo has, which is why it'll never happen...
There is such a thing as good voice acting no?

I asked nintendo to make Link faster, and this is what I got.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^"Use the orbitars Pit: THE ORBITARS!" :p

One way or another, everyone wants a piece of Link. :smirk:

FSK

Smash Ace
Version 1.04 is out, Link is nerfed. Sakurai still hates Link confirmed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Down-b cancelling is gone, which means no airdodge zair or basically no mixups. Still no proper ZAC.

EDIT: Cancelling hit-stun with down+b while holding a bomb is gone.
So we still can't airdodge>zAir with a bomb like in Brawl?

FSK

Smash Ace
So we still can't airdodge>zAir with a bomb like in Brawl?
Well you can, but there will be airdodge landing lag. Quick summary:

Bombslides are still in

still no proper ZAC

Airdodge+Zair still leaves you with airdodge landing lag

You can still cancel airdodge landing lag from a short hop with special moves

You can not cancel hit-stun by throwing a bomb with down+b anymore

Credit to Catana for testing the things for me :)

If someone could compare the damage percentages with blubba's Link guide that would be great. Maybe we got some damage buffs nerfs

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Oh well. At least other characters got nerfs too. Bowser's Klaw>bowserside now kills Bowser first and lets the opponent jump (opposite of Brawl). :facepalm:
I wonder what other character changes were made. :ohwell:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Oh well. At least other characters got nerfs too. Bowser's Klaw>bowserside now kills Bowser first and lets the opponent jump (opposite of Brawl). :facepalm:
Worse, judging from a few comments, they changed the hitbox. Arial Klaw was immensely overpowered due to it's strangely gigantic hitbox in Brawl:

It's amazing how easy it was to spam. Landing, and unsure what to do? Arial klaw! Spacing, and having difficulties? Short hop claw! Opponent constantly approaching? Short hop klaw!

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
What about Ganondorf? His Side-B also kills the player first before killing himself. Wonder if they fixed that?

Rizen

Smash Legend
What about Ganondorf? His Side-B also kills the player first before killing himself. Wonder if they fixed that?
His side B still kills the opponent first, making a last stock ganonside a win for Ganon.

I need to give my hands a break. I'm not going to post as much for a day of 2.

Victor Coelho

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
1138-9017-8903
Hey guys, anybody willing to do some training with another link? please let me know your friend code. Mine is: 4399-1168-1957

cheers!

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
In Brawl, who won the Ganoncide was based on port priority. In Project:M they made it so that Ganon always won. I can't find what happened to the Ganoncide in Smash 4, but you can apparently tech the Flame Choke on stage in Sm4sh, which is absolutely awful for Ganon. His Dair also got nerfed -- and like nerfing Link's Dair, that's simply below the belt!

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Dair got nerfed for Ganon? How so? It seems the same as in Brawl, and I can't imagine it getting nerfed since it's the strongest meteor smash in the game. I think Link's Dair in this game is perfectly fine, especially with the added meteor at the start of the animation. Dair bouncing is still an awesome thing.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
You can tech Ganon's Dair now -- that is, grounded opponents can tech it due to the bounce mechanics. It can't be canceled in a short hop anymore either, except on slight slopes. According to Vermanubis at the Ganon boards, it can even be punished at low percentages on hit.

Link's Dair may be fine -- I'll have to see for myself :bee:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Caramel Macchiato is delicious too... been awhile since I had one of those - and now I want one! XD
And heya, yeah it's been awhile since I heard from most of you, how've you been?
@ Mocha, thanks. Too bad the Hyrule Warriors Master Sword doesn't have slots for skills. It does deplete enemy weak point gauges faster than the standard knight's sword and I think the reach is slightly better so it would be good for Hero difficulty.
The Master Sword is still a solid weapon, and it'll get work done, but yeah, if you're a slots kind of person, you're probably better off with the 420 damage 8-Bit sword with a gazillion slots xD

DID YOU HEAR MIDNA'S TRUE FORM IS CONFIRMED AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER FOR DLC NEXT WEEK? HYPE!
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/hyrule-warriors-twilight-princess-dlc-releases-next-week-new-character-reve

... as for Ganon's dair being nerfed, I thought you couldn't short hop it on the 3DS anyway? Or is that just failage with controls?

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I can confirm that item cancelling is still in. Only Link's Bair can item cancel though. I'm still glad they didn't get rid of it completely.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
I can confirm that item cancelling is still in. Only Link's Bair can item cancel though. I'm still glad they didn't get rid of it completely.
What is item cancelling? oh you mean down-b cancelling. Are you sure that is not just because the bair autocancels?

Last edited:

TFofTruth

Smash Rookie
You can tech Ganon's Dair now -- that is, grounded opponents can tech it due to the bounce mechanics. It can't be canceled in a short hop anymore either, except on slight slopes. According to Vermanubis at the Ganon boards, it can even be punished at low percentages on hit.

Link's Dair may be fine -- I'll have to see for myself :bee:
Link's Dair spike can be teched by grounded opponents, at least according to that one awesome Link instructional video (which I seem to have misplaced). But if you want to do it yourself, dair spike lvl 9 CPUs and they tech it every time.

Last edited:

ConsummateK

Smash Cadet
As a young Link padawan, are there any pros I should be looking up to? I was browsing through the media section and realized that other than any Link I wasn't sure what to look for. I know he's been lower tier in the past, so it might be something to wait for since he seems better now?

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
@ Rizen Rizen Nintendo knows how to do DLC right. Not withholding content, rather supporting a game post-release.

Link being heavyweight in MK8 feels so right, I always go Bowser in MKs so to have an even more fitting heavy is music to my ears. And holy handgrenades the lap three version of mute city is hype.
I have to admit that for me it's a bit of a struggle. I'm usually Peach in MK, and so I'm used to light weights. Still, Link riding the Blue Falcon made me shed man tears. The Hyrule field course is amazing; I mean, the feels, the looks, everything. However, the best new track is hands down Mute CIty. Made me crave a brand new F-Zero sooooo baaaaaaad.
guys please don't do this :(
i don't have a wii u - it will be without doubt the next console i buy but i literally can't afford it right now.

you're making me wanna go yolo and buy the bloody thing :'(

Last edited:
Top Bottom