• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm definitely a fan of the pirates music.
Speaking of pirate music, I really like Running Wild -- the only pirate-themed metal band that somehow doesn't feature only excessive self-parody. -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKTZlB1ffCY I should read Treasure Island once; and check out the recently reprinted The Romance of the Black Flag: The Romance and Reality of Life Among the Pirates. I think I will also rewatch the great silent film The Black Pirate (it's on Youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWY4_6emHz8).

-- So much for pirates.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
@ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive Everything about the fourth movie was so good. On Stranger Tides renewed my hope in the series.

While we're still on the topic of music, has anyone attended The Symphony of the Goddesses? There's supposed to be another season in 2015 and I'm determined to go at least once this time.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
I'm watching Markiplier play Evil Within. That game doesn't know what it wants to be. Now I'm The ward, now a later Resident Evil, now an earlier RE, now Silent Hill, now House of the Dead. Discount Pyramid Head!
It could be scary but it just fails to shock after a while. Everything is like, whatever. Blah.

That really bugged me about the other game he played, Endless Nightmares. So many inconsistent, conflicting mixed metaphors! Get a good story down and stick with it. Throwing out cliches for no reason isn't scary.

SSB4 for Wii u launches in 6 days (hype!)
i'm more of a pewds guy however markeplier is a MUCH better player of the games if that makes sense?
pewds is more about the comedy factor, saying stupid things.
been watching the new FNaF2 videos from them both - mark is properly trying and getting to grips with the game but pewds just says ass and butt a lot
don't get me wrong, pewdiepie is my favourite youtuber but i think for fairly skillful games markeplier is the better option.

it is worth watching TEW playthrough?

also, pls don't talk about SSB4-u
i don't have a wii-u :(

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Hey, I earned it! I saved for ages so I could get one -- and I haven't even played any game on it except the ones it came with when I bought it. Now my issue is I actually do not even have the money to purchase the game -- oops. Must find a solution!

Rizen

Smash Legend
i'm more of a pewds guy however markeplier is a MUCH better player of the games if that makes sense?
pewds is more about the comedy factor, saying stupid things.
been watching the new FNaF2 videos from them both - mark is properly trying and getting to grips with the game but pewds just says *** and butt a lot
don't get me wrong, pewdiepie is my favourite youtuber but i think for fairly skillful games markeplier is the better option.

it is worth watching TEW playthrough?

TBH I find Pewdiepie annoying. Mark's not great at games but he's good enough and he plays some interesting indi games I wouldn't have know about otherwise like Ib (paintings and roses) and Amnesia custom stories so I watch him sometimes. Mark can be annoying too; some of his videos that are more goofy I don't watch.
5 Nights at Freddy's 2 was a good game, the developer was very clever at doing more with less and getting the feeling of panic down. The FNaF games are very original. The 2nd FNaF didn't have the impact the 1st did, sort of like how Mario Galaxy 2 didn't have the impact 1 did even though it was generally bigger and better. :ohwell:

(TEW=The Evil Within?) IDK if it's worth watching. It starts out needlessly gory, then completely cliche for a zombi shooter. Then it kind of gets interesting but it keeps flip-flopping generas of scary games. It seems like a rip-off of several other horror games mashed together.

Well I don't have a 3DS and I had to listen to those players talk so :p

D

Deleted member

I might as well post some of my favorite music as well.

Super Mario Galaxy - Melty Molten Galaxy (Yeah, I'm hopping on that Mario Galaxy music bandwagon. Melty Molten is one of my favorites.)
Smash 4 - Fire Emblem Series Recruitment Medley (I've wanted this for a long time.)
Final Fantasy VI - Decisive Battle Remix by S.S.H.
Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme Orchestration by World Festival Symphony Orchestra (If it wasn't obvious already, I adore FFVI's soundtrack.)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Requiem of the Gods Remix by Aensland (I suggest visiting the thread that my signature links to for more Castlevania music, including the soundtracks of Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood, Symphony of the Night, and even Lords of Shadow. Yes, I'm one of the probable few that actually appreciated Lords of Shadow and its soundtrack. Now let me grab my flame shield. Shame on me for having my own opinions.)

I might post some more music later.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
TBH I find Pewdiepie annoying. Mark's not great at games but he's good enough and he plays some interesting indi games I wouldn't have know about otherwise like Ib (paintings and roses) and Amnesia custom stories so I watch him sometimes. Mark can be annoying too; some of his videos that are more goofy I don't watch.
5 Nights at Freddy's 2 was a good game, the developer was very clever at doing more with less and getting the feeling of panic down. The FNaF games are very original. The 2nd FNaF didn't have the impact the 1st did, sort of like how Mario Galaxy 2 didn't have the impact 1 did even though it was generally bigger and better. :ohwell:

(TEW=The Evil Within?) IDK if it's worth watching. It starts out needlessly gory, then completely cliche for a zombi shooter. Then it kind of gets interesting but it keeps flip-flopping generas of scary games. It seems like a rip-off of several other horror games mashed together.

Well I don't have a 3DS and I had to listen to those players talk so :p
pewds is definitel an acquired taste. personally i just find him refreshing and i always know that he's gonna make me laugh.
not gonna lie, his earlier material has been better but when you reach the top there's just so much expectation and pressure to carry on going at such a high level.
it comes to the point where i actually get annoyed if he hasn't uploaded any videos in one day, as if he isn't even allowed a single day off like a normal person...

yeah, mark isn't gonna be as amazing as some other hardcore gamers but it's the commentary and reactions that make him as famous as he is.
he's definitely a few levels above pewds ability wise so if i ever want a good impression of a game, i feel like i'd be better off watching markiplier.
FNaF has taken the gaming community by storm tbh - the games aren't overly complicated but they're very original like you said.
i felt like the first game generated a lot of interested (although it wasn't hard enough), and then for the second game the difficulty was ramped wayyyy up and it surprised a lot of people.
i'm not sure where they can go with the FNaF series now tbh; they'll probably make a third to tie up the story but i don't think there's much more they could do that would be a surprising addition.

but yeah, back to smash bros :p
pretty sure you can get a 3ds console really cheap nowadays, or is it something that you've never wanted to bother with?
i'll get a wii-u at some point next year but it's gutting not being able to get one now :(

FSK

Smash Ace
My favorite youtube let's player is Nalif, but he's not active anymore :( His Amnesia series was great.
I also enjoy kurtjmac's far lands or bust series.

The 3DS sm4sh for me is just a way of getting used to the game before the Wii-U version. I don't really plan on playing the 3DS version much after the Wii-U release.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
The 3DS sm4sh for me is just a way of getting used to the game before the Wii-U version. I don't really plan on playing the 3DS version much after the Wii-U release.
yeah, that's what i would have done if i had both.
looking at the wii-u release, there's just sooooo much more than on the 3ds.
obviously you're more limited and restricted on the portable console, but i also feel like they held back on the 3ds version to make the wii-u one look better.

all i would say is that people won't feel like they're buying the same game again and i think nintendo had to really fine tune it to keep people happy with both the 3ds and wii-u versions of the game.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I might as well post some of my favorite music as well.

Super Mario Galaxy - Melty Molten Galaxy (Yeah, I'm hopping on that Mario Galaxy music bandwagon. Melty Molten is one of my favorites.)
Smash 4 - Fire Emblem Series Recruitment Medley (I've wanted this for a long time.)
Final Fantasy VI - Decisive Battle Remix by S.S.H.
Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme Orchestration by World Festival Symphony Orchestra (If it wasn't obvious already, I adore FFVI's soundtrack.)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Requiem of the Gods Remix by Aensland (I suggest visiting the thread that my signature links to for more Castlevania music, including the soundtracks of Super Castlevania IV, Rondo of Blood, Symphony of the Night, and even Lords of Shadow. Yes, I'm one of the probable few that actually appreciated Lords of Shadow and its soundtrack. Now let me grab my flame shield. Shame on me for having my own opinions.)

I might post some more music later.
Now we're talking. I was wondering who was going to be the first to drop the FF-bomb. I love so many FF songs, I wouldn't know where to start.
Actually, I do. This is quite possibly my favourite. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67p7h6Y-Xfg (especially 1:35 and onwards. Sublime. It takes what is already a great song ('To Zanarkand') and gives it a beautiful frame.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB9UV1I4F14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOJ91H4mraU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG1WQdEMm6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCXs-Gpld_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poh9VDGhLNA
There's so many more. It's not fair.

Castlevania music is also all really good. I've already linked my favourite, Lament of Innocence- House of Sacred Remains, in an earlier post.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I always liked the music of Final Fantasy Tactics. -- I simply really like Final Fantas Tactics, in fact. Tactics Ogre too.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I would be unspeakably happy if someone thinks that the FF-Bomb is some kind of Link AT.

In fact, can we all agree that the very next Bomb tech we find, we call it the F-Bomb regardless of whether it is appropriate or not?

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Waiting for the day when someone comes up with some sexy looking combo with bombs and call it the Bombo-Combo.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Double Dsmash is Super OP in For Glory. People just drop their shields and try to pull off a smash attack or grab and then BAM! It's completely unexpected. They get sent into the top screen like a boss. :roll:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My stupid internet kept cutting off when I tried to down load the Mario Kart 8 DLC. I finally got it though. Link's a heavy weight :pimp:He has the same idiot expressions as the Mario characters and looks scrunched in the kart but w/e.
As much as I hate to praise pay-for DLC (when I was a kid all the alternate skins and unlockables came on the cartridge for free! :mad:), it's very well done, lots of extra content and a good deal.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
My stupid internet kept cutting off when I tried to down load the Mario Kart 8 DLC. I finally got it though. Link's a heavy weight :pimp:He has the same idiot expressions as the Mario characters and looks scrunched in the kart but w/e.
As much as I hate to praise pay-for DLC (when I was a kid all the alternate skins and unlockables came on the cartridge for free! :mad:), it's very well done, lots of extra content and a good deal.
I completely spaced and forgot it came out on Thursday so I downloaded it this weekend. Link is the complete opposite of how I usually roll, being a heavy weight and the master-cycle being an inside drifting bike...but hey, it's Link. :b: Also, all of the cosmetic and sound changes on the Hylian Circuit map are a really nice touch.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
@ Rizen Rizen Nintendo knows how to do DLC right. Not withholding content, rather supporting a game post-release.

Link being heavyweight in MK8 feels so right, I always go Bowser in MKs so to have an even more fitting heavy is music to my ears. And holy handgrenades the lap three version of mute city is hype.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I have to admit that for me it's a bit of a struggle. I'm usually Peach in MK, and so I'm used to light weights. Still, Link riding the Blue Falcon made me shed man tears. The Hyrule field course is amazing; I mean, the feels, the looks, everything. However, the best new track is hands down Mute CIty. Made me crave a brand new F-Zero sooooo baaaaaaad.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
If there is an F-Zero stage does that mean that Capt. Falcon can be expected in MK some time?

Rizen

Smash Legend
If there is an F-Zero stage does that mean that Capt. Falcon can be expected in MK some time?
There's no indication of that as of now.

I like heavy weight racers. Light weights handle well but have a heck of a time catching up or staying in the lead.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
There's a F-Zero stage, and the Blue Falcon as a possible cart. Also, if you use the Cpt. Falcon Amiibo you get a Gaptain Flacon uniform for your Mii. As in, a costume, healmet and all to dress him as Falcon.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Mocha did you fully unlock the master sword in Hyrule warriors? What is the special skill?
The summon gate is a terrible weapon. I've gotten close to getting the lv3 but took a minute too long. It takes forever to beat Link in that mission. The only good move the summon gate has is (iirc) weak, weak, weak, weak, strong to summon Argorok to fly forward with fire.
The special skill is called 'Evil's Bane' and it increases the weapon's base damage by 200. Essentially this gives Link the strongest weapon in the game at 500 damage (from what I've seen so far, and idk if leveling applies more damage, but mine's at level 99 so yeah).

In all honesty, it's not worth it imo. Your second strongest weapon with Link (again, from what I've seen so far) does 420 damage, but has a lot more room for slots. Sure, it has less damage, but when you can get 6 or more skills within the weapon, I feel like the trade-off might be better in the long run.

The annoying thing about all of this is that there are other characters with 25,000 kill(s) weapons, and the kills don't apply till you break the seal first (by obtaining all level 2 and 3 weapons for all characters). But yeah, I have no idea what the special skill for other characters are, or if it's the same as Link's.

If it's the same, it'd be silly to have Ganondorf's special skill be called 'Evil's Bane' lol

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Mocha Mocha ...is that a Starbucks logo in your avatar? Did you have that avatar custom made for you? Also, Frappe, really?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Mocha Mocha ...is that a Starbucks logo in your avatar? Did you have that avatar custom made for you? Also, Frappe, really?
I think it says Starmiebucks or something similar, cause it's a Pokémon-related avatar. And no, I recolored the original image to match my character in-game.

Hey, nothing wrong with Frappes. Buuuut...

Hot Mocha > all
or sweet condensed milk and coffee hehe <3

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
My memory may be full of fail, but of course I remembered that. But now I'm in a predicament, because all this talk about coffee is... well you know. The addiction is too strong D:

Also, do I sound crazy when I say that I find Link kind of fun to use in this game? He could end up becoming a side character of mine, we'll see. Who's ready for the Wii U version? Link in all his HD splendor... hyez! You can almost feel the fabric of the tunic.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
My memory may be full of fail, but of course I remembered that. But now I'm in a predicament, because all this talk about coffee is... well you know. The addiction is too strong D:
Well, can't you just get one, or make yoruself one? I mean, you work at an office so you're bound to have a coffee machine near by, right? Or is the problem that you want a mug of coffee with sweet condensed milk, with all of its creamy, silky goodness?
*drool*

Also, do I sound crazy when I say that I find Link kind of fun to use in this game? He could end up becoming a side character of mine, we'll see. Who's ready for the Wii U version? Link in all his HD splendor... hyez! You can almost feel the fabric of the tunic.
No, it doesn't make you sound crazy, it makes you sound quite sane actually. Welcome sister! Hopefully now you'll drop that Snake/Zelda nonsense and adopt Link/Zelda as Miyamoto intended it.

Also, I am ready. I'm preordering the digital one so I can play at 12.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Fun? Heck yes! HD Link looks so good. He actually looks like Sm4sh Link on the WiiU version unlike the 3DS version where he looks like Brawl Link.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Well, can't you just get one, or make yoruself one? I mean, you work at an office so you're bound to have a coffee machine near by, right? Or is the problem that you want a mug of coffee with sweet condensed milk, with all of it's creamy silky goodness?
*drool*

I do make my own coffee, but it's something inside the coffee at Starbucks that is just... like I can't explain. Trust me, if it didn't make me feel the way I do about it, I wouldn't be spending all the money on it :p like it'll not only wake me up, but my mood is laughably happy. It is a fix, I tell you.

Yeah, I have coffee at work too, all the time. It's funny cause when I was hired here, on one of the descriptions it said that they 'needed someone to make coffee in the morning'. Along with bilingual receptionist of course. I was very lucky.

No, it doesn't make you sound crazy, it makes you sound quite sane actually. Welcome sister! Hopefully now you'll drop that Snake/Zelda nonsense and adopt Link/Zelda as Miyamoto intended it.

Also, I am ready. I'm preordering the digital one so I can play at 12.
Link is too good for Zelda. That is all.

I thought about preordering the digital copy, but after what I went through when I preordered Pokémon XY on the 3DS, I decided that I'm never going to do that again, unless I have one hell of a memory card. Make sure you have enough space on your console or memory card to hold all the content. Cause there's nothing worse than buying the digital copy, and then being unable to start your game due to lacking storage space :/

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yeah, I have coffee at work too, all the time. It's funny cause when I was hired here, on one of the descriptions it said that they 'needed someone to make coffee in the morning'. Along with bilingual receptionist of course. I was very lucky.
Damn, sounds like a match made in a rehab clinic xD

Link is too good for Zelda. That is all.
Elaborate please?

I thought about preordering the digital copy, but after what I went through when I preordered Pokémon XY on the 3DS, I decided that I'm never going to do that again, unless I have one hell of a memory card. Make sure you have enough space on your console or memory card to hold all the content. Cause there's nothing worse than buying the digital copy, and then being unable to start your game due to lacking storage space :/
The full game weighs 15.6 gbs, or so I've heard. So I'm buying a 32 gig pendrive just for it. One of those little stub ones that can just dock inot the Wii U and never ever leave again.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Damn, sounds like a match made in a rehab clinic xD
Coffee rehab lol.

Elaborate please?
As for Link/Zelda, idk. From all the games I've played, only SS has made any kind of hint toward the pair, and even that was teasingly so. The idea of the pairing first became appealing to me in OoT, but after Zelda sends Link back in time and they 'left it at that', the idea of the two together grew more and more distant to me.

Hell... the Link/Hylia moments in the manga at the end of Hyrule Historia had more 'hints' in it more than most LoZ Link/Zelda moments combined. I know, I know, I'm exaggerating, but still. Miyamoto never made the LoZ games with the focus of pairing(s) in mind. He likes to leave various possibilities open, just like he does toward Link's own character.

From most LoZ games, we don't really know much about Link, personality-wise. The brave and strong silent type doesn't really suffice. Hence, again, Miyamoto has made it in such a way that we, as the player, assume what we perceive his personality to be like. Just like the pairing idea.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a LoZ game that takes a greater leap into character development.

/Opinion

The full game weighs 15.6 gbs, or so I've heard. So I'm buying a 32 gig pendrive just for it. One of those little stub ones that can just dock inot the Wii U and never ever leave again.
Isn't there supposed to be some bundle that comes with the game, a gamecube controller (with the Smash logo on it), and the adapter? I need to swing by Best Buy or Gamestop to pre-order that, if it's still available...

Last edited:
Top Bottom