• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Never liked Toon Link or Young Link from Smash honestly. It disgusted me that they would discrace us with a clone in the form of Toon Link... and built him better than Link himself! Wind Waker was good... but put it up to Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Majora's Mask... there's just no match.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Playing the Mute City track with the blue falcon just makes me want a new F-Zero more :( Come on Nintendo make it happen!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sweet, lots of activity :)

Quick run through:
I meant that at this point there's no reason to dislike TL players for using him instead of Link with SSB4 out.

DF's avatar is too cute :)

Link looks weird in the shriner benz.

Ano's back in the states but I haven't seen him on the forums for a while.

Mage goes by Garm now. He posted a few times in the past. Blu's here as Omo-something.

Foxy knows where it's at :shades:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I feel ya Foxy. Honestly I wish I had been a part of the Link boards before the move to AiB. The Link boards has always had a great group of guys and I've always felt at home here, but still a little bit on the outside because I wasn't *there*.
Want to see Super Mario 64 beaten in under 23 minutes one handed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A0f1UqL3M64#t=335
I see your one handed Super Mario 64 in under 23 minutes, and raise you Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Goldeneye beat at the same time in under an hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKv5l7OejtE

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I know Mage goes by Garm, but he'll always be Mage to me and to Shin's photobucket ambusher.

And I'm always in touch with Blu, we play form time to time.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I not sure if I should visit in this thread anymore. With all the hate towards Toon Link and Young Link and since those 2 guys I main, I feel like I'm disgracing the name of Link and don't deserve to be in this thread.

I mean, I am think about main Link again, but I can shake the feeling that I wouldn't be any better than the Link mains who changed to Toon Link in Brawl (i.e I'm using the better Link). Also, there's something about Toon Link that I find really fun to play

Rizen

Smash Legend
I not sure if I should visit in this thread anymore. With all the hate towards Toon Link and Young Link and since those 2 guys I main, I feel like I'm disgracing the name of Link and don't deserve to be in this thread.

I mean, I am think about main Link again, but I can shake the feeling that I wouldn't be any better than the Link mains who changed to Toon Link in Brawl (i.e I'm using the better Link). Also, there's something about Toon Link that I find really fun to play
You should play who you want regardless of what anyone else says.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Really?! so, you guys won't mind me staying here even though I prefer to play Young/Toon Link over normal Link?
Nope, we won't mind. Just because you main TLink doesn't mean you can't come over to Link territory. I often go over to other threads to see what groundbreaking things they've discovered with that certain character. It doesn't hurt to increase your Smash knowledge or get familiar with people that main characters other than your main. It's quite fun IMHO.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Look. I'll be honest with you since you're clearly new here and the current Link boards aren't the old Link boards and all, so take this as a one time only heads up.

Link mains, at least we old, original Link mains are all HUGE ****ING TROLLS! We troll everyone without remorse, and will continue to do so because doing so tickles what little we have of a soul. The first thing I was told when I joined the Link boards back in brawl was "If you don't have the thickest skin possible, don't even bother coming here". So, that's my same advise for you now, whenever you see an old Link main, from the old boards posting, just assume that, unless we're talking meta, MU, or mechanics, we are trolling you and everybody else. If you can't take that, then yeah, you'll have a bit of a hard time here. If you can roll with the punches though, then stop being a wuss. Link mains take all and every punch to the face without flinching and the punch back harder, just because.

I mean, no offense, but go back and read about Chronic bleeding Hemorroids. Shin and I...that was for fun. I laughed all the time and we weren't even really trying.

So yeah, Link mains are trolls. Deal with it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nope, we won't mind. Just because you main TLink doesn't mean you can't come over to Link territory. I often go over to other threads to see what groundbreaking things they've discovered with that certain character. It doesn't hurt to increase your Smash knowledge or get familiar with people that main characters other than your main. It's quite fun IMHO.
Thanks, that's really nice X3. I just need to remember to never dis Link (not that I would do that anyway) plus this thread is much more active than the Toon Link one

Look. I'll be honest with you since you're clearly new here and the current Link boards aren't the old Link boards and all, so take this as a one time only heads up.

Link mains, at least we old, original Link mains are all HUGE ****ING TROLLS! We troll everyone without remorse, and will continue to do so because doing so tickles what little we have of a soul. The first thing I was told when I joined the Link boards back in brawl was "If you don't have the thickest skin possible, don't even bother coming here". So, that's my same advise for you now, whenever you see an old Link main, from the old boards posting, just assume that, unless we're talking meta, MU, or mechanics, we are trolling you and everybody else. If you can't take that, then yeah, you'll have a bit of a hard time here. If you can roll with the punches though, then stop being a wuss. Link mains take all and every punch to the face without flinching and the punch back harder, just because.

I mean, no offense, but go back and read about Chronic bleeding Hemorroids. Shin and I...that was for fun. I laughed all the time and we weren't even really trying.

So yeah, Link mains are trolls. Deal with it.
Troll in what sort of why? Even if you are trolling me, I probable won't know, I'm not one the get jokes, this is usually me

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Dang. Some of you guys are HARDCORE Brawlers. Bricks in cement, I say.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
Really?! so, you guys won't mind me staying here even though I prefer to play Young/Toon Link over normal Link?
Stay here, and play whoever you want. If Link is better than Toon Link now, switching to Link would be a show of weakness. Never show weakness.

Stick with your character, not matter how low tier he is, and own that. If you do that, you'll be welcome here, even if you main gay. Stay around long enough and you'll figure us out. We're nice guys, it's just that we're jerks.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Brawl drove us to the brink of madness, we are essentially a non-violent giygas and cannot comprehend the nature of our own mannerisms. Always remember the Skrahs and the legend of the Dawn-Air!

And Blu-link totally goes by @Onomanic now just so y'all know ;)

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
The brink? You make it sound like we didn't take the leap into that cesspit of insanity and do glorious battle with formless, unknowable beings that physically represent abstract concepts.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Stay here, and play whoever you want. If Link is better than Toon Link now, switching to Link would be a show of weakness. Never show weakness.

Stick with your character, not matter how low tier he is, and own that. If you do that, you'll be welcome here, even if you main gay. Stay around long enough and you'll figure us out. We're nice guys, it's just that we're jerks.
Thanks.... I think (A little uncomfortable about that gay comment).

Anyway, While I did original changed Toon Link because, well, he was better than Link. But than after playing Link for a awhile, I realised how fun he is. I mean, i new he was fun to play before, but playing Link more in depth, I found he extremely fun to play. But, everytime I played Young/Toon Link, I don't know, something about it seem to click more than with Link, but I really don't none what.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So I have just been dced from a FG match for goofing around and just shooting arrows at one guy for like, 15 secs straight. Got dced for being Idle. Ninty needs to fix that.

Also, FG is too easy, filled with random scrubs. At least all the ones I get to play against are.

Last edited:

Scabe

Successful Businessman
So I have just been dced from a FG match for goofing around and just shooting arrows at one guy for like, 15 secs straight. Got dced for being Idle. Ninty needs to fix that.

Also, FG is too easy, filled with random scrubs. At least all the ones I get to play against are.
If only Nintendo implemented a ranking system like they do in Starcraft 2. Where they pair you up against someone of similar skill.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ The Merc The Merc : You could always just do what I do and make everyone assume at first glance that you main Fox. Seems to work for me. No-one knows for sure where my allegiances lie, and they're too scared to guess, because Fox is openly deceptive.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ The Merc The Merc : You could always just do what I do and make everyone assume at first glance that you main Fox. Seems to work for me. No-one knows for sure where my allegiances lie, and they're too scared to guess, because Fox is openly deceptive.
I actually wanted to secondary Fox for melee but I have 2 problems

1) his really hard to learn

2) his too cliche. While I really enjoy him, I can of like to be a stand out and beat people the hard why rather than the easy way.

Though when PAL project m comes out, I might second him.

Also do you think I can earn my Triforce of Courage if I stay faithfully to Toon Link in smash 4 or have I already lost that privilege because I main him in Brawl. Serious, a lot of the Toon Link mains are think out dropping him because of the nerfs.

Rizen

Smash Legend
News from the wacky mind of Sakurai:
http://kotaku.com/little-mac-is-smash-bros-biggest-loser-1658263617
Blah, blah, patches for balance...
"Series creator Masahiro Sakurai offered a new perspective this week in his column in Weekly Famitsu. Being on the developer's side, Sakurai is able to view online player statistics for the game, and one particular statistic was brought up. "For Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the individual character win ratios lined up nicely in a staircase format, but [for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS] one fighter has a significantly low ratio." Sakurai wrote. "It's Little Mac."
Play Lil' Mac differently you whiners.

Sakurai to all the gamers:
*Frank Sinatra style music notes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrFQyE1hAg *

"...Regrets I've had a few
But those I don't want to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
you'll play it myyyyyy waaaaaaaay!"

So for Link to be buffed he should lose more. Fortunately very few people use Link in an efficient way anyway. I see games like this and cringe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...list=PLlIHVxA7UoL2EwOtQroYs_xjGoH8Wl5kg#t=125

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
News from the wacky mind of Sakurai:
http://kotaku.com/little-mac-is-smash-bros-biggest-loser-1658263617
Blah, blah, patches for balance...
"Series creator Masahiro Sakurai offered a new perspective this week in his column in Weekly Famitsu. Being on the developer's side, Sakurai is able to view online player statistics for the game, and one particular statistic was brought up. "For Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the individual character win ratios lined up nicely in a staircase format, but [for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS] one fighter has a significantly low ratio." Sakurai wrote. "It's Little Mac."
Play Lil' Mac differently you whiners.

Sakurai to all the gamers:
*Frank Sinatra style music notes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrFQyE1hAg *

"...Regrets I've had a few
But those I don't want to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
you'll play it myyyyyy waaaaaaaay!"

So for Link to be buffed he should lose more. Fortunately very few people use Link in an efficient way anyway. I see games like this and cringe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featu...list=PLlIHVxA7UoL2EwOtQroYs_xjGoH8Wl5kg#t=125
Well that's weird, I remember seeing a lot of people complain about Little mac when on online in for glory. I seems strange that he is the lowest. Hm

Also that match, what was wrong with it, the Link player seem to be doing fine. (Haven't been able to watch it all)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also that match, what was wrong with it, the Link player seem to be doing fine. (Haven't been able to watch it all)
Oh don't get me started. Granted I'm evaluating this like Brawl and haven't played SSB4 yet but I've played a lot of Brawl:

2:18 you double jumped to throw a bomb and pull a second. Double jumping as an approach is bad for almost any character who has 1 mid air jump. But for Link the sin is you're treating Link's spam game like he has 1 projectile. He has 3 that can be onscreen simultaneous! Hold the bomb and throw out a boomerang or arrow, get some frame traps going.

Why is Link approaching Robin? Link obviously out-spams him! Make Robin wade through the projectiles to get to you.

2:21 good thing Robin didn't shield grab that Nair. Don't use an aerial point blank on a shield, smash 101. Try to land Nair behind or better yet Fair or Zair and land outside the grab range and buffer jab.

2:24 what, run into Robin's attacks? Make him apporach you. You have a better camping game and the lead! Geeze.

2:26 Nair to jab when he's in front of Link, not Utilt. He's in front of you, not above you. Also use Link's great FF speed to quickly get down.
Roll behind, really? Does this work in SSB4? It looks like Brawl's 08 meta.

Don't throw the boomerang from the ground, retreating SH it. Same goes for arrows. You're at a big frame disadvantage if the opponent shields it and need to be moving while spamming.

2:37 maybe Link's new dash attack is better but you just gave up stage control. Link has a Zair; it probably beats everything Robin can do from that spacing. You didn't use it once. It probably is one of the best spacing moves in the game.

2:40 FF airdodge> tether. Link does have a clawshot. More boomerang offstage.
Ledge jump, double jump to Dair? There are so many things wrong with this. Robin Fair or smashes Link and you're offstage without a 2nd jump. Dair is very easy to see and avoid even with the lower landing lag of SSB4. Frame trap: throw a bomb down then Dair or FF Nair or Whatever. Link has 3 projectiles!

2:40 don't spam projectiles from standing, you're not Fox. Projectiles are slow but last on screen for a long time so SH (short hop) them to frame trap the chain other attacks in.

3:00 good bomb pull but remember you can FF air dodge>tether the ledge instead of drifting towards it doing nothing. Also hold the bomb and throw a Boomerang or arrow out, then throw the bomb.

This Link has no idea how to start attack chains. fast safe attack like Zair or jab then chain into stronger attacks. Or projectile frame trap then smash, dash attack or whatever.

3:15 throw bombs up to limit where robin can go then use a landing canceling aerial from a SH, like Fair then land and buffer Utilt. SH Uair has too much landing lag and it should be used higher.

3:18 what you ran under him and did nothing?! Utilt, juggle! You had a position of power and completely wasted it!

3:27 boomerang with a bomb in hand. Link has 3 projectile and you think he only has 1 (at a time).

3:38 bomb pull and throw it down to cover landings like these!
Jab cancel to Dsmash or something.

3:45 Link has a tether.

4:00 don't run in right up against Robin and Grab, Link has a long but slow grab, he's not squirtle! Abuse Link's awesome reach instead of putting him at a frame disadvantage for no reason. Also, try Zair to approach.

He deserved that loss, he really did. I know it's a lot harder to move and do stuff on the 3DS but still.

Big things to work on:
Chain smaller, safe attacks like Zair or jab to bigger attacks. Frame trap by making projectiles work together. Zair and tether: they exist. Jab cancel. Use bombs to cover landings. Abuse Link's great sword and Zair reach. Learn to juggle. Abuse Link's FF air dodge and tether.

For comparison, here's me vs Kirby in Brawl (-2, almost -3 MU)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT6AR5i4XE0&index=41&list=PLr1TA6mS1hkv4aAyML6Se--hAXN4qTFZw

FSK

Smash Ace
I don't like FG its so boring I just can't take it seriously. Ladders are the way to go, either the AiB one or Anther's ladder.

I read somewhere that Reggie mains Link. We need to get him involved in the meta so he can give suggestions to sakurai. Reggie if you are lurking here:

• Remove the airdodge landing lag when Link airdodge zairs.
  • Give us back ZAC.
  • Give us back arrow cancel.
  • Do not take down-b cancelling away from us.
  • Make Fsmash, dsmash, ftilts and utilt push more on shield and let fsmash and dsmash be able to push people off the ledge.
  • Make bombpull slightly faster.
  • Allow 3 bombs out at any give time.
  • Overall make hits on shield more safe for all characters.
  • Make shield regen slower.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Damn Rizen, you must hate my vids then. Not sure if I do all of those things you mentioned, but I am a VERY aggresive player that tries to approach whenever I can do it safely, which isn't always safely enough...

Also do you think I can earn my Triforce of Courage if I stay faithfully to Toon Link in smash 4 or have I already lost that privilege because I main him in Brawl. Serious, a lot of the Toon Link mains are think out dropping him because of the nerfs.
See, cowards, all of them; tier whores the whole lot. That's why Gay is Toon Link. You know why Ganon mains are manly? Because they mained Ganon through the ****fest that was brawl. That's why Ganon grew a beard between Melee and Brawl, to show the manliness it required to play him in that game. Feel free to play whoever you want, but just be honest with yourself about why you're switching mains. Is it because it feels right, or just because you want to win more? Remember that one of the factors that killed Brawl's meta was everybody defecting their mains for MK and other top tiers, just to score and easy win. And do you know how many pocket MKs were ripped apart by us Link mains in Brawl days?

All of them.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Good times.

So what music is everyone listening to atm? I'm not talking about you best or most favourite songs of all time, just the songs you're listening to currently in your current phase.
Tell you what, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :114:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9rMfPjn1n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHNowMvbB1g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Clt3sMlsp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqCxONuUK3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwCvpGepdNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMOwW7rO8fM

There's much more where that came from if you're interested.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I haven't checked the vids, but right now I'm in my silence period. It happens after I binge too much on something, I just can't stomach listening to music for a while. The last band I binged on was Theocracy, about 3 weeks ago or so. So I'm in my refractory period atm.

Let you know when I come out of it and am ready for more.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
Good times.

So what music is everyone listening to atm? I'm not talking about you best or most favourite songs of all time, just the songs you're listening to currently in your current phase.
Tell you what, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :114:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9rMfPjn1n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHNowMvbB1g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Clt3sMlsp4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqCxONuUK3s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwCvpGepdNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMOwW7rO8fM

There's much more where that came from if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqjt-0N-1rs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRMwptcgAo

Binging on the respective albums those songs are from this week.

FSK

Smash Ace
Nowadays I'm mostly listening to Obscurcis Romancia and Age of Silence.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I like to think that I'm fairly open minded when it comes to music, but I can't bring myself to like screamo/deathmetal or whatever it's called. It's not from a lack of trying either. Like I'd probably enjoy an instrumental version of that second song that Drunken_Master linked for example, because I was perfectly fine with it until the singing came in; I just don't have the stomach for that sort of thing. It's like how I can't do scary games or movies. I just can't do it. It's a skill really. I'm not dissing that style of music at all. I just personally can't listen to it.
The only other genre I can't listen to is opera XD.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
When I come across this thread, some songs just pop into my head depending on what's happening here ATM.

Just chilling: http://youtu.be/RaK9OSSOqQM
Serious Talk: http://youtu.be/wlpbq1v8vR0
Something ominous/**** about to get real: http://youtu.be/BElAOwran28
Optimism/Getting Pumped Up (Pull Yourselves Together!): http://youtu.be/h-xbOua5CyU

Most of these are from kingdom hearts since I'm a huge fan of video game music and KH.
That first one made me smile XD. And the last one got me interested in checking out some kingdom hearts music. I haven't played it before. Any favourite songs or remixes/remastered versions or orchestral versions (etc.) of Kingdom hearts music you'd recommend?

Top Bottom