• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Stupid double post.

Nvm me...

I said nevermind..

shoo, go away...

jeez...
They never leave, trust me. I tried

If it makes any1 feel better, I've created a tier list where Link is at the top and only these characters are used (since they are the
most common in my FG matches) Note: this obviously isn't 100% accurate.

Link Tier
:4link::4tlink:
Teeth Clenching
:4greninja:
:4robinm:/:4robinf:
:4sheik:
:4falcon:
:4diddy:
:4fox:
Pretty Cool
:4villager:/:4villagerf:
:4megaman:
:4pacman:
:4sonic:
:4yoshi:
Ok
:4shulk:
:4lucina:
:4jigglypuff:
:4kirby:
:4littlemac:
:4bowser:
:4dk:
:4charizard:
Link Automatically Wins
:4myfriends:
Fixed it.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
You've missed someone on that list. He's in so much higher a tier that his placement falls 1 page back in a previous post.
#489 to be exact

Rizen

Smash Legend
I realized it's very snowy here and if my power goes out I'm up a certain creek without a paddle. All I have is a tiny pos flashlight from my backpack :/

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Come on guys, lets look on the bright side. Despite the fact that we're losing the bomb toss canceling, we still got some decent buffs this time around.
  • Bombs don't damage us on enemy hit
  • Bombs are more durable making bomb planting easier
  • Shorter fuse on bombs greatly helps recovery
  • Speaking of recovery, we can actually recover!
  • Faster movement and attack speed
  • Most of our attacks do the same or more damage as before (I wish I could say the same for my other mains:facepalm:)
  • Our Hylian shield now blocks while walking
  • Clawshot now grabs people out of the air and has less lag on miss
Although, I have to say, I'm quite happy that z dropping a bomb will no longer use zair...assuming that was true that is.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
It's cool to see the Links out there looking to rise above the loss of some really helpful ATs and work with what you have instead of moping, nothing less to be expected out of you lot. I look forward to seeing what you can pull off without (especially Tinks,) and maybe you'll see some buffs in return, who knows. Good luck either way.

Edited out the silly ganon closing ;P

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It's cool to see the Links out there looking to rise above the loss of some really helpful ATs and work with what you have instead of moping, nothing less to be expected out of you lot. I look forward to seeing what you can pull off without (especially Tinks,) and maybe you'll see some buffs in return, who knows. Good luck either way. Besides, I need you all in top shape when I banish you to the shadow realm, or it won't feel worthwhile.
For some weird but awesome reason, this post sparked something inspirational enough that I felt the need to post this kingdom hearts pic:
image.jpg

Song that plays during this scene is called "Link to All." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-xbOua5CyU) So fitting. "They're what... Make me strong."
*Cue music starting at post #524

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You take that back!

We are not Toon mains, we are Link mains. We did not defect in Brawl (even if it made us a little bit crazy) and we certainly won't merge now.
Well, I really didn't defect to Toon link in brawl, though I main him, I just liked him better, though I like Young Link the most. Though I am technically right as, you know, Toon Link IS Link and it does say 'Link' tier. Just my thoughts though.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
Yeah, come on guys! Let's not dwell on the loss but persevere! We must do justice to the Hero of Hyrule and emerge victorious amongst these fast, agile, and aggressive contenders! We have been given a chance to fight and we're letting a single desposition ruin this opportunity!

Come, Wielders of the Hero! Use what we have and what will come to pass, then will we know if all was loss. But until that time, do not lose hope, do not give into the darkness! Raise your fist and call upon the radiant energy of Courage!

We are the Hero! And we will not lose!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeah, why is it that as soon as Link loss one AT that everyone gives up hope on him yet everyone was willing to play Brawl Link, would had barely any good matchups?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Although, I have to say, I'm quite happy that z dropping a bomb will no longer use zair...assuming that was true that is.
Has this been confirmed? If this is true, all of Link's bomb tech from Braw will come back. And yeah, Bomb sliding is in the game as well.

Drunken_Master

Smash Apprentice
Well, I really didn't defect to Toon link in brawl, though I main him, I just liked him better, though I like Young Link the most. Though I am technically right as, you know, Toon Link IS Link and it does say 'Link' tier. Just my thoughts though.
WW Link is Link. Toon Link is Toon Link. It's different. And it must be this way. It has been this way since the great schism of 2008. You didn't suffer through the pain of Triforce tier, you wouldn't understand, man. You weren't there.
Yeah, why is it that as soon as Link loss one AT that everyone gives up hope on him yet everyone was willing to play Brawl Link, would had barely any good matchups?
No one's giving up, all I've seen are men embittered by a retread of the past looking forward with realistic cynicism.

Of course we're going to keep maining Link, it's freakin' Link. We are just disheartened to have our new toys so quickly taken away from us. "You got to be good for a couple weeks. On the 3DS. Now go back to your tier."

We'll fight it, it's what we do, but by Shigeru's teeth if all of our ATs end up patched out, I'll string Masahiro Sakurai up by the short and curlies.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I've mained Link in every single smash game, and I've mained Link in every single tourney I've been into, always placing 5th and bringing so much respect to Link that I've had mains of high tier chars freaking dread playing against me (in my community). I've stuck with him through the ages and I'll honor him by not being afriad, ever. Not matter how insurmountable the odds, Link will persevere.

Link doesn't bear wisdom, he doesn't bear Power...he bears courage. And with courage, he has beaten the other two countless times over. There's a reason why they chose Link when introducing a goddess, because they knoew he was the only one who would never flinch no matter the odds.

Let the top tiers come.

Let the gods themselves come.

We are ready.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I've mained Link in every single smash game, and I've mained Link in every single tourney I've been into, always placing 5th and bringing so much respect to Link that I've had mains of high tier chars freaking dread playing against me (in my community). I've stuck with him through the ages and I'll honor him by not being afriad, ever. Not matter how insurmountable the odds, Link will persevere.
Link doesn't bear wisdom, he doesn't bear Power...he bears courage. And with courage, he has beaten the other two countless times over. There's a reason why they chose Link when introducing a goddess, because they knoew he was the only one who would never flinch no matter the odds.
We are ready.
Um even for this thread (maybe even more so for this thread) that video should come with a gigantic spoiler... Not everyone has played it yet, and it's not fair to assume they have. Other than that, props to you and the devotion :D

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Um even for this thread (maybe even more so for this thread) that video should come with a gigantic spoiler... Not everyone has played it yet, and it's not fair to assume they have. Other than that, props to you and the devotion :D
I thought about it, but then thought that it didn't really spoil anything. However, you are right, my criteria isn't good enough and it should have a spoiler tag, which it now does.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
For some weird but awesome reason, this post sparked something inspirational enough that I felt the need to post this kingdom hearts pic:
View attachment 29510
Song that plays during this scene is called "Link to All." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-xbOua5CyU) So fitting. "They're what... Make me strong."
*Cue music starting at post #524
*manly tears*

Let the top tiers come.

Let the gods themselves come.

We are ready.
Yeah, come on guys! Let's not dwell on the loss but persevere! We must do justice to the Hero of Hyrule and emerge victorious amongst these fast, agile, and aggressive contenders! We have been given a chance to fight and we're letting a single desposition ruin this opportunity!

Come, Wielders of the Hero! Use what we have and what will come to pass, then will we know if all was loss. But until that time, do not lose hope, do not give into the darkness! Raise your fist and call upon the radiant energy of Courage!

We are the Hero! And we will not lose!
Have I ever mentioned that I love this community?

Of course, as a devoted Link main myself, I share the sentiment. We have a bunch of other ATs to learn still, so however underpowered we may ultimately be, it's not over yet. Cry, 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war, I say!

rd1023

Smash Cadet
I've played link in every single smash. Even though I mostly played Marth in Melee and Brawl, Link forever holds a place in my heart.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
...so however underpowered we may ultimately be, it's not over yet.
Especially considering Link is much stronger in this Smash. I'm expecting placement within the low 20's once tier lists are official.

Going from F tier in Brawl (as well as placement within the worst five characters) to lower 20's is an outstanding buff.... especially now that there are much more characters.

I have a lot of faith in Link in this game.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I find it easier to win with other characters but I just can't get enough of Link's fighting style. I have always mained Link, and I always will. Honestly, the only way they could get me to stop playing link is if they took away his sword and shield. And even then I might. He doesn't start with it, and yet he still finds a way in every game. ;)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Rosalina got nerfed in the Wii U version and probably will in a 3DS update. Luma takes 13 seconds to re-spawn now instead of 8.

How accurate do you guys find this MU chart?
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/character/link/

Brrrrr, it's 3 degrees f outside, feels like -9. It's the kind of day you don't pee into the wind to avoid being impaled by an icicle of sorts.

Last edited:

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
I loosely follow that tier list but it does give some insight on how a part of the online community views characters.

I've seen tournaments with low tier characters placing high so it's definitely not accurate, it's just the opinion of online casuals.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Since the Wii U version is coming out soon I figured I'd join up again. It's good to see "the old familiar faces"..!

How's Link doing in SSB4? Let me guess, he sucks -- again?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
WW Link is Link. Toon Link is Toon Link. It's different. And it must be this way. It has been this way since the great schism of 2008. You didn't suffer through the pain of Triforce tier, you wouldn't understand, man. You weren't there.
But Toon Link IS WW Link, so I am still correct. Though your right, I wasn't there, I don't know what it was like.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
side note on your deity mask: can't wait for that Majora's Mask remake... hope they keep it creepy. I felt the 3ds OOT was so well remade, it just lost a liittle bit of the edge. Particularly the "hands" enemy... holy hell that thing freaked me out on the 64,
i don't think they should change a thing about the game (and i don't think they will).
all they need is updated graphics and a portable system - i don't think the actual gameplay or plot should change in the slightest.
the game is my favourite of all time and i wouldn't change it a bit.

it's creepiness and depressing tone is what makes it just so memorable.

Want to hear a story? Once upon a time there was a girl named Lana. She had a decent book of sorcery weapon but insisted on using trash tier weapons like the Deku Spear and summon gate to get her level 3 versions of those weapons in Adventure mode. Sadly for the other Hyrule warriors she needed the lv3 Summon gate for all weapons to be obtained. So she used the lv2 summon gate even though it was slow with bad DPS and left her vulnerable making getting an 'A' rank very hard. So Rizen gave up and watched Markiplier play 5 Nights at Freddy's 2. Lana eventually died of melanoma.
The end.
markiplier is good but he ain't no pewdiepie ;)

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Has this been confirmed? If this is true, all of Link's bomb tech from Braw will come back. And yeah, Bomb sliding is in the game as well.
I don't think it's been confirmed yet, but it was one of the things that scizor mentioned.

Also, welcome back doomfire. :b: The instant I saw your post here the picture of cat Link popped into my head lol

i don't think they should change a thing about the game (and i don't think they will).
all they need is updated graphics and a portable system - i don't think the actual gameplay or plot should change in the slightest.
the game is my favourite of all time and i wouldn't change it a bit.

it's creepiness and depressing tone is what makes it just so memorable.
I don't wanna burst your bubble, but have you seen this? http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-isnt-just-anot/1100-6423470/

Last edited:

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Especially considering Link is much stronger in this Smash. I'm expecting placement within the low 20's once tier lists are official.

Going from F tier in Brawl (as well as placement within the worst five characters) to lower 20's is an outstanding buff.... especially now that there are much more characters.

I have a lot of faith in Link in this game.
when do you official tier lists get realeased (if anyone knows?)

Rosalina got nerfed in the Wii U version and probably will in a 3DS update. Luma takes 13 seconds to re-spawn now instead of 8.

How accurate do you guys find this MU chart?
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/character/link/

Brrrrr, it's 3 degrees f outside, feels like -9. It's the kind of day you don't pee into the wind to avoid being impaled by an icicle of sorts.
yeah, i was originally pretty annoyed about luma's stupidly rapid re-spawn.
i don't think luma should be a one per stock addition (like the second ice climber was), however the re-spawn really needs to be massively increased.
for a sidekick that can protect you from damage and damage opponents with minimal risk to rosalina, the penalty for the loss of luma should be more than even 13 seconds imo.

as for the MU chart, i agree that sonic is a *****, although arrows aren't too bad against him.
MM 3DS vs N64 graphics comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5gtRx_q7s
in many ways I like the darker N64 version better.
hmmm, i think the darker original version lends better to the depressive perception of the game, although i can understand that with slightly brighter colouring they can show off the improved graphics a little better.
it still won't be light by normal game standards, but i do agree that the darker, helpess colouring went really well with the iriginal theme.

well that's disappointing... -_-
however as long as they don't change anything significant, i suppose i won't be too annoyed.
they didn't change OoT so why should they change MM?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
however as long as they don't change anything significant, i suppose i won't be too annoyed.
I think that the 'changes' might just be add ones to improve the game rather than removing actually things. And example is that they might have add a masterquest version to the game, which would be awesome X3. they might have also add a few more side quests or add something more to the main story? I don't know

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Well, that not entirely true. There were some subtle changes that made certain parts of the game easier.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
I think that the 'changes' might just be add ones to improve the game rather than removing actually things. And example is that they might have add a masterquest version to the game, which would be awesome X3. they might have also add a few more side quests or add something more to the main story? I don't know
yes of course, i'm definitely more supportive of additions rather than removals.
masterquest would be excellent.
the game was depressing and frantic at times but i wouldn't say it was overly difficult.
a MM masterquest would be epic and it's definitely a very feasible thing for them to do.

do you think they'd go as far as adding new masks or changing existing ones?
or do you think they would respect the original game by keeping them the same?

Well, that not entirely true. There were some subtle changes that made certain parts of the game easier.
were there?
sorry, i haven't played the re-make in a while, struggling to think of anything
did they have the big hint stone thing in the OoT remake?

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
were there?
sorry, i haven't played the re-make in a while, struggling to think of anything
did they have the big hint stone thing in the OoT remake?
The sheikah stones, yeah. Also, the doors that led to the panels to change the water level in the water temple were highlighted. And when you use the panel in the center tower, the camera would pan down to reveal the door that some people apparently had trouble finding. It would also tell you on the map where you needed to go next for the trading sequence.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
. It would also tell you on the map where you needed to go next for the trading sequence.
I'm pretty sure this feature was in the original n64

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
The sheikah stones, yeah. Also, the doors that led to the panels to change the water level in the water temple were highlighted. And when you use the panel in the center tower, the camera would pan down to reveal the door that some people apparently had trouble finding. It would also tell you on the map where you needed to go next for the trading sequence.
yeah those; sorry i forgot their name for a minute.

oh that sucks - the water temple was infamously frustrating but i think the sheer difficulty added to the game.
i played through the original and i didn't find it that hard.
the hardest thing about that place is when you make a mistake; when you don't pick up a key and you can't remember where you missed it.

hmmm, fair enough i guess - as a seasoned zelda player i knew all of this regardless.
i don't really think they need to be made more simple or straight forward.
if young kids could complete the game on the n64, i'm sure people in their 20s will be okay :p

Top Bottom