• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I believe Rizen lives in Colorado, so plenty of large hills and mountain ranges to see around those parts.
I've only been to Colorado once, in winter back in 1994. I liked it though I remember the snow covered hilly landscape to be gorgeous.

@ Rizen Rizen , Now I want pics all the more.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Welp I just lost a friend today, because he kept johning about how Link is a tutorial character and how I'm about average.
He can't beat me, and it just kept pissing me the **** off.
There are a lot of Link haters. He's a unique character people don't understand (but assume they do) :glare:

Yeah I'm in CO. I have to sort though my recent pics before I upload them but I did take some. Here's some from my other hikes:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
1994...I would've been 3 >.>
Lol. Yeah, I've made it no secret that I'm the oldest here by far.

Also, someone needs to photoshop Link and Edina on Rizen' third photo...*looks at zelkam*

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm playing Link vs each character as a lv9 CPU to see what they can do. I wish the AI was better in this game.
I found if the opponent is charging a smash and Link is on the ledge of a pass-through platform, Link can drop>jump under and Uair>upB to the ledge like other characters could do in Brawl. Or simply upB them. Useful for Delfino, Skyloft etc.

Also WTF is with the Gamer stage; the mom's the devil?

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
He is the Hero gotham needs and deserves, one who will put the animals down and raze the root of corruption from the flowers of beauty, and then sow the seeds of greater and darker corruption to weed out the weak, and only the strong will prosper.

In essence, Shin is Albert Wesker with a better insurance plan.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'm a bit late to the bandwagon, but congrats on modship, @ Elessar Elessar and @ Fox Is Openly Deceptive Fox Is Openly Deceptive
Thanks mocha! I have a solution for not being late, be more active.

With great power, comes great responsibility

Also @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste why are you pure evil? I don't think you're evil :)
Learnt read kid. It says Prime evil, not pure, Prime.

I seem to recall cyner's nickname being grandpa cyner...
He was the eldest, until I showed up.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The need to swear right now is immense. I'm freaking out. Ok so as none of you know, I'm going on a holiday to New Zealand on the 30th for ten days with my brother and two mates. We'll be camping and hiking mostly (because I love that kind of thing) and NZ is known for its beautiful landscapes etc. My brother on the other hand, he's a bit nuts about this stuff. He's the kind of guy who will walk if he has to travel inter-state, sleeping under the stars, getting food from the land, carrying nothing but good hiking boots, water, matches, and a knife.
Well I just opened up my emails to find that my brother has apparently got us all hunting permits for NZ. This is both exciting and terrifying. I've never killed anything before any larger than my hand, and I don't think I want to either. This is insane.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
The need to swear right now is immense. I'm freaking out. Ok so as none of you know, I'm going on a holiday to New Zealand on the 30th for ten days with my brother and two mates. We'll be camping and hiking mostly (because I love that kind of thing) and NZ is known for its beautiful landscapes etc. My brother on the other hand, he's a bit nuts about this stuff. He's the kind of guy who will walk if he has to travel inter-state, sleeping under the stars, getting food from the land, carrying nothing but good hiking boots, water, matches, and a knife.
Well I just opened up my emails to find that my brother has apparently got us all hunting permits for NZ. This is both exciting and terrifying. I've never killed anything before any larger than my hand, and I don't think I want to either. This is insane.
This fear comes from a guy with an avatar of a Fox with a bloody snout. Why is it bloody, did he bite his tongue a bit too hard? Killing is easy, super easy. Just make sure to kill anything you do shoot on the first shot if possible. But don't worry if you don't, worst thing that'll happen is that you'll have to beat with your rifle to death whatever you didn't kill.

If you really can't though, you can always just offer to clean what thy kill. That's easy and super fun, I love doing it. Just grab your knife, slice that belly open and take out all the organs, then skin it before tossing it on the fire.

God, my mouth is watering...

Kill what you wound, as Ele said. Cook it properly to avoid worms. Take whiskey with you, if you're wounded it can double as the manliest antiseptic there has ever been.

I'm gonna be sick.
XD
You've been around us this long, and the idea of a little blood and guts gets you ill?
And now I will forever envision @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste as Diablo.
Not what I had in mind, but not a bad comparison. Go ahead, try and get my soul gem. Just stay out of my shed.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
When you're aiming down the sight of whatever weapon you're using, imagine a nice, thick slab of meat cooking over a fire, dripping with grease. Then imagine slicing into that tender piece of meat, spearing it with a fork, and savoring the flavor as you slowly chew on it.
That's what I imagined as I watched my stepfather skin a deer that we hit with our car. That deer tasted amazing.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The thing is, we don't really do guns in the land of Aus. It's all very well for you guys who probably grew up shooting things by the sounds of it. It's all completely new for me.
Besides, knowing my brother we'll probably end up crafting spears and arrows to wound the beast before coming in nice and close and personal to slit its throat.
One thing is for sure, I won't be the same when I return.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
The thing is, we don't really do guns in the land of Aus. It's all very well for you guys who probably grew up shooting things by the sounds of it. It's all completely new for me.
Besides, knowing my brother we'll probably end up crafting spears and arrows to wound the beast before coming in nice and close and personal to slit its throat.
If you don't feel comfortable using a gun, use a bow. You're a Link main! Do what Link does best!

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm pretty good with a bow and arrow. I've just never shot anything living before.
Well if I'm taking after Link, I may as well bring some bombs. I'm sure that will go over just fine with the plane trip.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I've never shot an animal to death. I usually clean and fish (then clean the fish). Though I killed an alligator with a knife once. I mean, it was wounded already since my uncle shot it but only wounded it (apparently it takes more than a bullet to the head to kill an alligator). It was up to me to finish off the alligator with my knife. And then skin him and gut him and cook him. God that alligator tasted awesome.

Also, your brother's method sounds awesome. Count me in for that.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I've never shot an animal to death. I usually clean and fish (then clean the fish). Though I killed an alligator with a knife once. I mean, it was wounded already since my uncle shot it but only wounded it (apparently it takes more than a bullet to the head to kill an alligator). It was up to me to finish off the alligator with my knife. And then skin him and gut him and cook him. God that alligator tasted awesome.

Also, your brother's method sounds awesome. Count me in for that.
From the sounds of it, you two would get along very well.

I suppose I did say I wanted to go on one of his adventures, so I guess I should have seen this coming.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
From the sounds of it, you two would get along very well.

I suppose I did say I wanted to go on one of his adventures, so I guess I should have seen this coming.
Ever heard of the phrase "be careful what you wish for".

And yes, you'll be different. You're going a bit and returning a man. Expect spontaneous beard growth.

Guns aren't really a thing in Canuckland either, but they're convenient and not overly hard to learn to use. (If your weapon has a sight or scope do /not/ put your eye close to it, the kickback on fire will give you a black eye if you're lucky, blind you if you aren't.)

I'm not sure what you're hunting, but I've heard good things about long pig.

Ever heard of the phrase "be careful what you wish for".

And yes, you'll be different. You're going a bit and returning a man. Expect spontaneous beard growth.
*As well as a heightened will to play Link in smash bros.

Oh God damnit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom