• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

sasook

Smash Champion
But more opponents on screen requires more skill because there is more to keep track of. So 4v4 would actually be the better way.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Man that sounds fun! 4v4 teams of Link vs insert character here. Suddenly, Bombs everywhere.
The "Hyaaa"s and "skraaaaw"s will be deafening. Couldn't ask for any more than that.

Also, @Naroghin's post has touched me. I felt something stir inside of me...I don't like it.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Man that sounds fun! 4v4 teams of Link vs insert character here. Suddenly, Bombs everywhere.
And the arrows. Oh and the Boomerangs too.

The "Hyaaa"s and "skraaaaw"s will be deafening. Couldn't ask for any more than that.
Throw in on Wayaaaaaaa! hehe.... Please don't kill me

Hey, I had a thought. Now you guys can be really mean and do a 7:4link:s v 1:4tlink:. That is been mean to the little guy. Would be funny though if he won.

FSK

Smash Ace
I was thinking that in the brawl days we had a Link tier list which was poison. Instead we could have a Link champions league. The top 5 or 3 Links would become the dream team, which would challenge and fight other boards. We could try and have a season monthly. The top Links of the last season would be the dream team during the following season and would be replaced at the end of that season.

Disclaimer, below is my first thought on how the champions league could be structured. Any other suggestions are more than welcome!

The way the champions league would work is that before a season we would have signups. Then everyone plays everyone twice. Where one play is a set best of 3. Now the more interesting part, we wouldn't want this to be a Link matchup circlejerk. Therefore we would arrange away and home matches. When a Player plays an away match then opponent player plays their home match. In home matches the player uses Link while the player playing the away match must use other characters. A player gets 2 points if they win an away match and 1 point if they win a home match. Then we rank players after how many points the have achieved.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ FSK FSK , you're a God damn genius. Git on eet.

Also, have two categories for 3d and Wii U.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Don't talk **** about the tier list, we went to war over that thread.
^This. I was never apart of that war (Thank Hylia and Naga) Though I know now that tier list...... my absolution zero ****. A work should never blame his tools and a smash should never blame his fighter (unless brawl Metaknight is involved, and even then)

The Link Tier List. A thread for ranking the relative skill of Link mains for fun, complete with hilarious titles and achievements, like "Sig Thief", "Asshole", and "Drunken Master"

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I was thinking that in the brawl days we had a Link tier list which was poison. Instead we could have a Link champions league. The top 5 or 3 Links would become the dream team, which would challenge and fight other boards. We could try and have a season monthly. The top Links of the last season would be the dream team during the following season and would be replaced at the end of that season.

Disclaimer, below is my first thought on how the champions league could be structured. Any other suggestions are more than welcome!

The way the champions league would work is that before a season we would have signups. Then everyone plays everyone twice. Where one play is a set best of 3. Now the more interesting part, we wouldn't want this to be a Link matchup circlejerk. Therefore we would arrange away and home matches. When a Player plays an away match then opponent player plays their home match. In home matches the player uses Link while the player playing the away match must use other characters. A player gets 2 points if they win an away match and 1 point if they win a home match. Then we rank players after how many points the have achieved.
Sounds good
The home and away thing is great, because Link dittos can eat a steaming pile

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
(looks at the picture) I swear to God Shin, if you weren't so funny. You really are like the Link board's uncle; the kind of uncle that the family doesn't talk about but feels that they have to invite him over on christmas even though he got wasted last year drinking all the eggnog; the kind of uncle that the kids all love but their parents try to shelter them from.

(looks at the picture) I swear to God Shin, if you weren't so funny. You really are like the Link board's uncle; the kind of uncle that the family doesn't talk about but feels that they have to invite him over on christmas even though he got wasted last year drinking all the eggnog; the kind of uncle that the kids all love but their parents try to shelter them from.
I have been known to make gatherings a bit awkward. But I give the best presents.
.......... You think that scares me? I just find it really disgusting and disturbing
You never should have doubted me.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I skinned the last few pages.

The only things I have about the tourney are dittos only gives ditto experience. I'm already trying to wifi people on other forums to learn MUs. It seems like everyone should do that anyway. Also can we wait until the GCC adapters come out? I keep boomeranging instead of upB and attacking instead of grabbing with the pro controller.

I think the admins got rid of the rule that shut down the tier list. Hence why they have a competitive "discussions" forum that mimics it. :lick:

Insomnia sucks.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I skinned the last few pages.

The only things I have about the tourney are dittos only gives ditto experience. I'm already trying to wifi people on other forums to learn MUs. It seems like everyone should do that anyway. Also can we wait until the GCC adapters come out? I keep boomeranging instead of upB and attacking instead of grabbing with the pro controller.

I think the admins got rid of the rule that shut down the tier list. Hence why they have a competitive "discussions" forum that mimics it. :lick:

Insomnia sucks.
Actually, they still have the rule that prohibits posts about individual members. Not sure if their thread would fall under that category though. I mean, if we post simply a tier list, maybe, but if we do it like FSK suggested the no, it shouldn't since it'll be a wifi thread with ranking. It wouldn't be a thread about members per se, but a tourney one.

I'm in.

........... You think that scares me? I just find it really disgusting and disturbing
See, it's stuff like this that just screams that you're a kid, maybe 14 or 15. You're trying to act tough but then add a clarification or something down there, and also kissed the point completely.

He wasn't trying to scare you, he was giving you the proof you asked for. You were talking about how Drunken_Master used to post gore pics, you said you didn't believe him so he showed a screen cap of that happening and you thought he was trying to scare you. Way to miss the point kid.

Wait, which thread?
The war uncle @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste mentioned is a real one that caused an exodus and a schism here on these boards. Short version is that we had a tier list for who was the best Link Main. We had a S tier which was Aurashade (may his name be forever cursed), then an A tier with Legal, Kirin, Izaw and @ sasook sasook in it, and so on. It was a fun thread which served as a social kind of thing, based on tech skill and tourney results. However, on day the thread got closed because reasons, and that sparked the ire of the Link mains who went to war against this site. Basically, we upped the trolling flaming that you see here to epic proportions and started invading every room in the site, even the staff room. Eventually most accounts were banned and permabanned. We took our fight against gods and spat in their face, but gods they still were and they used their power to banish us. Our greatest warrior was Shin, who drew so much wrath on him that his account got banned permanently 3 times. Yet here he stands, free from imprisonment once more after over half a decade. The war ended when all Link mains left this forum.

Shin tells it better though.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I need to learn the SSB4 system better. I keep trying to play like Brawl and the buffering, hitstun, landings, dodges, etc are all different. What fundamental changes would you guys say SSB4 has? I'm thinking more hitstun, nerfed DI/SDI, worse landings, worse air dodges, buffed rolls. And all the other stuff like ledge trumps.

I totally deserved that. Still...There are some evils you just can't keep sealed away.

And the Link mains wanted me to be a mod, could you imagine? Hah.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I need to learn the SSB4 system better. I keep trying to play like Brawl and the buffering, hitstun, landings, dodges, etc are all different. What fundamental changes would you guys say SSB4 has? I'm thinking more hitstun, nerfed DI/SDI, worse landings, worse air dodges, buffed rolls. And all the other stuff like ledge trumps.
Empty shield drops are more unsafe, air dodges are more punishable, comebacks are more likely to happen, characters are more balanced, mechanics are different... You just got to clear your mind and open it up to the many new options available. I swear my sig will haunt you all until you embrace it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Empty shield drops are more unsafe, air dodges are more punishable, comebacks are more likely to happen, characters are more balanced, mechanics are different... You just got to clear your mind and open it up to the many new options available. I swear my sig will haunt you all until you embrace it.
Yeah I keep trying to play like Brawl and not having control of my character. The pro controller sucks too.:c

Holy **** Fox's voice sucks in this :facepalm:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Alright, I think I've finished updating the Q&A thread. If you guys know of any more questions that have been asked that I missed, shoot me a PM with a link to the post and I'll add it.

[03/12/2014 10:26:51 PM] Zelkam (Jedi): I feel like part of Shin's soul was locked away with that account
[03/12/2014 10:27:08 PM] veritiel: it was indeed
[03/12/2014 10:27:19 PM] veritiel: not that he's gotten it back, it's like he's been unleashed for real

Tracked down this exchange, because I think there may be some truth to it.
Are you talking about Groose?
Kid has jokes. I think we'll keep him.

Top Bottom