• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm going to practice the darn Pro controller. The GCController adapters are taking a long time to come out :facepalm: I want to play and expand the metagame! :hulk:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I use the Wii U pro. It's really comfortable, I love it. The only thing it takes some time to get used to is how sensitive the control stick is. It's perfectly usable, but it's really sensitive which wan be both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because reaction time is superb and you don't need to butcher your controller. Curse because for some chars, like Zelda and Sheik, it's hard to input the right direction for their upB.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I use the Wii U pro. It's really comfortable, I live it. The only thing it takes some time to get used to is how sensitive the control stick is. It's perfectly usable, but it's really sensitive which wan be both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because reaction time is superb and you don't need to butcher your controller. Curse because for some chars, like Zelda and Sheik, it's hard to input the right direction for their upB.
Yeah? Know what I have here? It's the world's smallest violin. You can't see it because I don't have a web cam but it's so small you couldn't see it anyway. Really. And it's playing Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven.

Nah, I'm kidding. The pro controller is good; I use it for other games like Monster Hunter and Hyrule Warriors. I will switch to the GC Controller when the adapters come out because I'm used to it and it's my favorite.
The directions and button placement feels wonky for now. The new game system is going to take some getting used too also. I keep trying to quick Zair ledge tether and dieing, lol.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
For me it feels perfect and natural, specially the button layout which and has been since sne days the default layout for controllers. I just had to reconfigure them and they became second nature already.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I've gotten used to every control scheme but solo Wiimote (cuz hell no) but I'll be sticking with GC when I get the adapter.
The matches I played against Link and Ike lover were on the 3ds controller, against Elessar I used Wiimote+nunchuk, and against Shin I've been using the pro controller.

I need the Gc pad so I can do all of my pivot boost bull**** >:D

FSK

Smash Ace
Sakurai really needs to fix Link's fsmash its horrible on shield, almost no shield push or shield stun. Bowsers fsmash is more safe on shield that Link's.

Edit: I just tested, Diddy can punish Link way harder than he can punish bowser on a shielded fsmash.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Welcome to the new Soviet Link Boards Tovarishi. This will be a fun ride indeed.

As your new mod, I hereby declare @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste the head of the boards' new Welcoming Party Committee and Re-education Committee.

Tread carefully Tovarishi, the sages are listening, and the gulag awaits.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
So I've finally upgraded to the smart phone world. This means I'll be able to keep tabs on you guys while I'm at work now. :smirk:

Welcome to the new Soviet Link Boards Tovarishi. This will be a fun ride indeed.

As your new mod, I hereby declare @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste the head of the boards' new Welcoming Party Committee and Re-education ducation Committee.

Tread carefully Tovarishi, the sages are listening, and the gulag awaits.
As you say. I am sure you will perform well as General Secretary of the Community Party of the Soviet Link Boards. As a member of the Secretariat, I will take special pleasure in fulfilling my duties to our proud homeland.

Long live Boss Elletzar.

Shut up, I know the communists had no love for the tzardom, it's a joke.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Let Link obtain Fox status. He deserves it, we deserve it.
Congrats elessar, look foward to some infractions
One half of me hates the ******** and excuses about Link but the other half lovesssss the fact that it's happening

Tutorial char my ass, top tier les go

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sup guys, I back now from holidays and now can talk you you all properly, *reads Thread title* Um, why are we congratulating Elessar?

Speaking of Elessar?
Ok, that was funny:laugh:. though is still hurt a little :c.

Because I'm older than you are, and you still have a lot to learn kid.
But how do you know I'm younger than you :smirk:? Maybe I'm the teacher here and you're the kid ;).

No, but I sure wish I had been.
:c. This should hurt me, but it still does. I thought we were friends?

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yay, we have mods...
Meh. I think I've reached the ceiling. Gonna be pretty chill for a while.:tired:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
As soon as I get here, they take away my job. :104:
You'll always be welcome here as a wiser and older mod. I sure as hell want you to stay and become a regular. We just need to have a Link mod as well so we can have a trolling mod.

Um, why are we congratulating Elessar?But how do you know I'm younger than you :smirk:? Maybe I'm the teacher here and you're the kid ;).
Because I'm the new mod. And I know I'm older because of how you post.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Grats on the mod status Elessar. I'll be sure to test your mighty hammer with a nice pointless thread soon enough

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
You'll always be welcome here as a wiser and older mod. I sure as hell want you to stay and become a regular. We just need to have a Link mod as well so we can have a trolling mod.
I'm not if Hong is the trolling type. Though he does like to post awesome pics and gifs all the time, though you don't really seem to like that.

Because I'm the new mod. And I know I'm older because of how you post.
Really :surprised:? Can you please explain (not mean to sound sarcastic if it does)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
My one regret is that Scabe (the man, the legend; greatest Link player down-under, the title of which was never even close to being in question) is no longer moderating. I didn't ask for this. I think I speak for everyone when I say, thank you so much Scabe for your long years of service and devotion to the Link boards. (Already I'm beginning to realise how much more there is to it than I thought there was. +1 respect point for all mods.)

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
My one regret is that Scabe (the man, the legend; greatest Link player down-under, the title of which was never even close to being in question) is no longer moderating. I didn't ask for this. I think I speak for everyone when I say, thank you so much Scabe for your long years of service and devotion to the Link boards. (Already I'm beginning to realise how much more there is to it than I thought there was. +1 respect point for all mods.)
Um, stupid question, but who's Scabe?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Um, stupid question, but who's Scabe?
Blasphemy. XD.
You know @Scabe. Surely.
Dude, he was the moderator of the Link boards for ages during Brawl, and he was the moderator on the Link boards until like yesterday in smash 4. He is the best Link player in the australian competitive smash scene and has been representing Link and crushing souls in tournaments for years. He's just very humble and doesn't brag about his accomplishments, but everyone in the australian smash scene that knows him has max respect for him.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Blasphemy. XD.
You know @Scabe. Surely.
Dude, he was the moderator of the Link boards for ages during Brawl, and he was the moderator on the Link boards until like yesterday in smash 4. He is the best Link player in the australian competitive smash scene and has been representing Link and crushing souls in tournaments for years. He's just very humble and doesn't brag about his accomplishments, but everyone in the australian smash scene that knows him has max respect for him.
Sorry Fox, I only just joined smash boards and am yet to really start the smash competitive scene (no one in my area plays smash:c). Sorry, I have no clue who he is :urg:.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
And this is why you'll be a kid. You're new and clueless of our ways and community, you still have a lot of learning to do kid.
Oh.

um, would you mind teaching me some things?

Oh, before I forget, I read the rules that you have set up on Link Boards and I read the last one about being a care bear having something to do with Toon Link and I didn't quiet understand. Can you please elaborate on it?

(also, I just wanted to make clear that when we were discussing Toon Link, I wasn't just spam to get my comment total up. I was just trying to defend a character who I like. Sorry for seem to be annoying.)

(also, I just wanted to make clear that when we were discussing Toon Link, I wasn't just spam to get my comment total up. I was just trying to defend a character who I like. Sorry for seem to be annoying.)
First things first, little Hero. Some things just are what they are, don't apologize, these are the Link boards. You should only hear the word "Sorry" from a scrub who forgot to wear his Goron tunic and said something stupid enough to inspire the more active keyboard warriors among us.

Manners have little place here, you don't need manners to show your respect. Link mains will rip on and disrespect Toon Link for all the ages, and those with skin thick enough to not only endure, but thrive, I'm looking at you, Fox Is A Psychic Collective, will do fine, and are welcome.

Secondly, God damnit, scrub, why haven't you read the other ****in' stickies?
You Found the Hint Glasses! - Q&A and FAQ

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Link mains will rip on and disrespect Toon Link for all the ages, and those with skin thick enough to not only endure, but thrive, I'm looking at you, Fox Is A Psychic Collective, will do fine, and are welcome.
I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about XD. I'm a Fox main. No toon mains to be found here. Not a one.
You must be confusing me for my twin brother, Fox Is Secretly Truthful.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
First things first, little Hero. Some things just are what they are, don't apologize, these are the Link boards. You should only hear the word "Sorry" from a scrub who forgot to wear his Goron tunic and said something stupid enough to inspire the more active keyboard warriors among us.

Manners have little place here, you don't need manners to show your respect. Link mains will rip on and disrespect Toon Link for all the ages, and those with skin thick enough to not only endure, but thrive, I'm looking at you, Fox Is A Psychic Collective, will do fine, and are welcome.

Secondly, God damnit, scrub, why haven't you read the other ****in' stickies?
You Found the Hint Glasses! - Q&A and FAQ
Really? Sorry. I'm just a really apologetic person. Seriously, I will still apologizes even when I have been forgive. Wait, you guys don't see me as scum?! Aw you guys :bee:.

Ok, Thanks for the advice. I just one to agree my point until I am proven wrong or until I'm statisfyed with the end result. Um, also, isn't it Fox is Openly Deceptive, not Fox is A Psychic Collective? Or is there to Fox is accounts?

Um that hasn't really answered my question I asked above.

I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about XD. I'm a Fox main. No gay mains to be found here. Not a one.
You must be confusing me for my twin brother, Fox Is Secretly Truthful.
Wait, I thought you main him? or are you telling the truth here? I can't tell, your being too.......Deceptive :chuckle:.

Um, also, isn't it Fox is Openly Deceptive, not Fox is A Psychic Collective? Or is there to Fox is accounts?
It says right there, clear as day, "Fox Is Sexually Defective", can't you read?

Just the one account with the one name. God knows where he came up with "Socks Are Emotionally Receptive", though.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
@ The Merc The Merc , you need to not take things seriously here.
Sorry. Unfortunately, that's just who I am, which sometimes can be a really pain.

Just the one account with the one name. God knows where he came up with "Socks Are Emotionally Receptive", though.
oh you :p.

on a side note, I find you sig rally scary and creepy:urg:. not mean to offend.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer

I am, this close

to quoting you in my signature.
It would be as a replacement for the 'openly detective' quote that I've carried with me for years now. I'm still seriously considering it.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I am, this close

to quoting you in my signature.
It would be as a replacement for the 'openly detective' quote that I've carried with me for years now. I'm still seriously considering it.

Speaking of sigs, I have a question about the smash directory link in yours. I have tried to find the meaning for TL;DR or what ever it is and I can't find it. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sorry. Unfortunately, that's just who I am, which sometimes can be a really pain.
No, no, don't apologize :facepalm: (;))

Quick Q, how should I momentum cancel in SSB4? I can't seem to do it as I would in Brawl. Maybe it's bad buffering with the hitstun or something.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ The Merc The Merc : But... tl;dr is already in there. I added it a few days ago (?) when I realised that while it is just internet slang and not smash jargon, it was a re-occurring problem because people on this site use it a lot and because people either assume that it is smash jargon or they weren't bothered to use google, so I added it. Serious question though: did you look for it recently in the dictionary and not find it? Because that would concern me and I'd have to try think of a way to make it more user friendly. If you tried to find it when it was there and were unable to locate it, then that's a problem with the thread, not the user.

Oh and as for the quote, I think there's only room in my sig for one of the quotes.

Top Bottom