• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Izaw

Smash Ace
Why
meanwhile izaw places 9th at a tourney in my country where im considered #5 or at least #6. looks like there's some ''real competition'' for you back in our small country too, hmm? lmfao, get exposed and know your place.

call me when you get some real tourney results.
Difference I play only Link in tourneys, and I lost, and placed 9th sure, but the only reason to why is because by the end of the tourney I was exhausted and worn out, by placing nr1 in doubles, and then playing friendlies with fans NONSTOP. I had 0 seconds of break time. My brain got burned out. Oh also you play metaknight, not link at tourneys, so gtfo with those wack tourney results, and don't talk to me anymore please because I have the best players all around the world backing me up on what "skill level" I am at. You want to know how good or bad I am, you know who to talk to.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Why

Difference I play only Link in tourneys, and I lost, and placed 9th sure, but the only reason to why is because by the end of the tourney I was exhausted and worn out, by placing nr1 in doubles, and then playing friendlies with fans NONSTOP. I had 0 seconds of break time. My brain got burned out. Oh also you play metaknight, not link at tourneys, so gtfo with those wack tourney results, and don't talk to me anymore please because I have the best players all around the world backing me up on what "skill level" I am at. You want to know how good or bad I am, you know who to talk to.
Cat mostly plays Link in tourneys and occasionally pulls out Metaknight in finals. W/e, no need to fight amongst Links =/... Btw, you claim you had a MM with Zero? What exactly were you playing against?

Izaw

Smash Ace
Cat mostly plays Link in tourneys and occasionally pulls out Metaknight in finals. W/e, no need to fight amongst Links =/... Btw, you claim you had a MM with Zero? What exactly were you playing against?
I 2 stocked zeros villager with 24% damage taken on me. He got really salty and wanted to money match me, because he wanted to prove he could beat my Link with his Link, cuz apparently his Link had beat every other Link. So I accepted, and I outplayed him and won 2-0. The matches will be up at some point soon when I'm done traveling.

And I know the scene in Netherlands, I know who cat wins against and who he picks MK against. I wanna see him even try taking 1 match vs Mr.R and then holla at me, until then you can keep your lousy tournament results, you don't see me posting about my Swedish tourney results do you? Why? Because they are insignificant, even if I place 1st or 2nd, none of these players stand up to being able to take even 1 match of Mr.R. And I'm not saying I'm better than, or beat mr.r, I'm saying I can take and have taken plenty of matches from him, even if it's a "serious" friendly and not a tournament match, hell I haven't gotten to face him in a tournament match, so i can't and won't claim anything. But Mr.R will, that's why I'm saying, cat, you want to find out who the better link is? Try asking mr.r?

Izaw

Smash Ace
I will be home on Wednesday, and upload them then. Right now I'm visiting Mr.R for a bit more than a week for some serious leveling up ^^

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
I will be home on Wednesday, and upload them then. Right now I'm visiting Mr.R for a bit more than a week for some serious leveling up ^^
Is Mr. R back in Europe? I thought he just hangs out in the US all the time these days xD. Good luck with the training!

I 2 stocked zeros villager with 24% damage taken on me. He got really salty and wanted to money match me, because he wanted to prove he could beat my Link with his Link, cuz apparently his Link had beat every other Link. So I accepted, and I outplayed him and won 2-0. The matches will be up at some point soon when I'm done traveling.
Interesting... never thought Zero would try to money match you with Link, but ok....

Btw, I noticed you had a Money match against Ixis's Sonic and won that (pre Jab 1 nerfs). However against Oni-Heero's Sonic, you did far worse (especially you fell for a similar edge guard multiple times unfortunately). Is Oni-Heero just that much better? Or is it different playstyles or something?

Last edited:

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice
Oh shoot izaw firing back. -grabs popcorn- but on some realness. You being the "best link" due to tutorials doesn't make you the best or even good. Great at giving information doesn't mean great skill. Maybe you should post matches from these tornaments that you enter instead of matches from 5 patches ago!

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Why

lmao, john some more, kiddo. this is why you'll never get on the level at which you claim to be. the only reason you placed 9th is because you played bad, because you are. mr.r carried your ass in doubles so if anything he'd be more worn out because of carrying some rather avarage link. then again, if you were even half as good as you think you are, that wouldnt even have mattered. you playing friendlies against other people is your own choice.
and lol, you do know i placed 7th at avalon u solo link right? which is far better than anything you've accomplished with the character, and honestly i wasnt even really on my game that tourney. wack tourney results? 9th at ggwp after all your arrogant talk? LMAO try again.

And I know the scene in Netherlands, I know who cat wins against and who he picks MK against. I wanna see him even try taking 1 match vs Mr.R and then holla at me, until then you can keep your lousy tournament results, you don't see me posting about my Swedish tourney results do you? Why? Because they are insignificant, even if I place 1st or 2nd, none of these players stand up to being able to take even 1 match of Mr.R. And I'm not saying I'm better than, or beat mr.r, I'm saying I can take and have taken plenty of matches from him, even if it's a "serious" friendly and not a tournament match, hell I haven't gotten to face him in a tournament match, so i can't and won't claim anything. But Mr.R will, that's why I'm saying, cat, you want to find out who the better link is? Try asking mr.r?
lmfao, as long as you're performing weak at tournies, i'll keep ''holla''ing you. you taking games from mr.r in silly friendlies doesnt mean **** if you cant even take a game from s1-14 or grove. you know, players who i've actually beaten. with link.
the only way for you to live up to any of this is if you beat meru at avalon, maybe then i'll shut up and recognize you as an actual decent player, but if you dont, you're the one who needs to, ''buddy''.
and LOL you're asking me to ask mr.r who the better link is, someone who clearly knows nothing about my link, is your friend and knows all about yours? gtfo with your bias, this is so typically you its pathetic. then again, i can play that game with you too, you know. maybe you should ask s1-14, pikaforlife, meru, patrino, grove and mundo who the better link is?

Last edited:

StadiumGambler

Smash Rookie
Looks like we've found partners for the bare-knuckle dance.

Update on my local scene: One of our top guys W4ke got grounded, and it seems Shaft, another top guy who was supposedly a big deal in Western Canada's Brawl scene back in the day, might also miss this, so me and my friends won't have much of a crew for a crew battle :(

Nonetheless, I'm still practicing in hopes of making that first big breakthrough in the regional scene, so hopefully I can get in some practise with you guys. I'll be hanging around Discord Friday and a bit of Sunday, maybe I can eradicate a bad habit or two.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Okay can we stop stroking our egos please? Honestly, nobody cares and this is making me cringe.

Going solo Link is a choice you as a player make and thus cannot be used as an excuse for lower placement (this is directed towards everyone btw).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So Link didn't get any buffs this patch. Shame really. I kind of wanted him to get some. Oh well. His still an awesome character.

So yeah anyway, what's going on this thre-

(Link Social) The Triforce of Drama
Okay can we stop stroking our egos please? Honestly, nobody cares and this is making me cringe.

*backs away slowly*

:135:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Nice Mr. R Combo Video Izaw :). Video skills are as good as always https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD71bT3phTs&feature=youtu.be.

Btw, I presume Yellow Link being comboed in some of the clips is you? Also, Mr. R has a Link? (noticed one combo with the bombslide, etc. although I presume that's probably friendlies).

Btw is there any interest in having some kind of weekly matchup discussions like the other boards? We have MU threads, but a lot of them are super old. At least we could say like "let's go and talk about the Fox matchup this week" and have people post over there on their thoughts for the week or something.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Okay, this is really getting out of hand. Where did this all start? (Ie, how many pages ago).

Also, can't you guys just sort this out like gentlemen (and Ladies)?

I don't know why people tolerate ego maniacs and narcissists. More so they're drawn to them like flies to the appropriate metaphor. Did you guys ever read 'Animal Farm'? The farm animals revolted against the unfair treatment of the farmers. Naturally the smartest animals, pigs, took charge. One pig, Napoleon, became power mad and thought pigs better than the other animals. During that time an old plow horse named Boxer blindly worked for the pigs until he couldn't work anymore with the motto 'I will work harder'. Napoleon had become addicted to alcohol by that time and, rather than send Boxer to the doctor as he promised, sold him to the knacker to be made into glue. By the end of the book the pigs were wearing trousers and drinking and the farm animals could see no difference in the humans and them.
That's the problem with power. It can corrupt anyone. Even the nicest of people.

:135:

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
Nice Mr. R Combo Video Izaw :). Video skills are as good as always https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD71bT3phTs&feature=youtu.be.

Btw, I presume Yellow Link being comboed in some of the clips is you? Also, Mr. R has a Link? (noticed one combo with the bombslide, etc. although I presume that's probably friendlies).

Btw is there any interest in having some kind of weekly matchup discussions like the other boards? We have MU threads, but a lot of them are super old. At least we could say like "let's go and talk about the Fox matchup this week" and have people post over there on their thoughts for the week or something.
Discussing MUs weekly would be dope! Especially for the fox MU, that i find ********...

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
im a fraud, choked like a scrub after throwing game 1 away. hes pretty legit though and we put all the trashtalk behind us before playing the set.

edit: izaw takes 4th btw, i took 5th.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
im a fraud, choked like a scrub after throwing game 1 away. hes pretty legit though and we put all the trashtalk behind us before playing the set.

Have you seen Cat anywhere? Because all I see is a little *****. You train and take first place at the next tourney, got it?!

~Unknown~

Smash Apprentice

Were any of yall matches streamed? I want to see this pretty legitness

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
RIP Grammar.

They're small buffs, so it doesn't make him much more of a threat than before.
Very sorry about the grammar I've produced. But far as the Toon Link situation, that's alright since they're just small buffs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom