• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
@~Unknown~ Rizen Rizen So going to the biggest smash Wii u tourney uptodateGenesis, getting out of his pool and placing in the 60s. I didn't see any other links go or place that high at Genesis, Izaw puts in the effort travel compete and puts out content and has the the tourney results. At this piont after seeing him outclass Catana s link yea it's not even a question that izaw has the best sm4sh link in the world.

Be that as it may, we should have a rank system for the top links, this way it's more comptetive and we can see more links out there competing and getting results.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
@~Unknown~ Rizen Rizen So going to the biggest smash Wii u tourney uptodateGenesis, getting out of his pool and placing in the 60s. I didn't see any other links go or place that high at Genesis, Izaw puts in the effort travel compete and puts out content and has the the tourney results. At this piont after seeing him outclass Catana s link yea it's not even a question that izaw has the best sm4sh link in the world.

Be that as it may, we should have a rank system for the top links, this way it's more comptetive and we can see more links out there competing and getting results.
Actually, from what I recall, Scizor made it out of pools too AND placed higher than Izaw. 96th I think?

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971

First off, there were several other links there, izaw lost in wave 2 pools, and wasn't the highest placing link (that being Scizor) and he definitely didn't get top 60 lmao, he didn't even get top 128 I believe.
This is the problem with the izaw fanboys, you all act like you know facts when you're just making up false stuff that makes him look bad, he's at roughly the same level as Scizor and Cat as of rn IMO. That being said he doesn't travel a lot, he's entered 3 big tourneys so far and got out placed at Gensis by Scizor and outplaced cat by winning one of the jankiest Dittos in the game. Izaw still needs more results before we can even consider him for the best Link in the world, thats why Scizor is the best, because he gets the results.

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
lmao well crap my bad, let's put in a ranking system so we can rank the top links. And get things more comptetive in here.

And persons info I read must have been wrong dammm lol now I look like a dumbass. But still a link rank system please :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
lmao well crap my bad, let's put in a ranking system so we can rank the top links. And get things more comptetive in here.
Why are we bringing this junk back? How about we don't get a ranking system as wanting to get better and win tournies is enough to be more competitive instead of people throwing hissie fits over who is better.
GhettoNinja GhettoNinja ok so I'm a fanboy after cat got rocked it wasn't even close you still put him even head with izaw. Hyrule hero should get a honorable mention.
Cat did not get rocked, he played quite well and just got beat is all.

Finally, don't double post.

For all interested in the 7 (Link) vs Ryo (Corrin) match mentioned earlier, it is here.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
I remember when I was on that level of fanboyish ignorance when I was younger. Judging everything based on videos and/or 1 match was an easy way to spew **** indeed. You see, I could still do the same thing, despite how much BS it is:

Izaw lost to grove.
I beat grove.
Therefore, I am better than Izaw.

#InuiLogic

Why do you silly children focus on who the best Link is when you could much rather spend your time working and improving yourself?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
If people seriously still think dittos are the best way to gauge player skill.... Loooool

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Stryker95 Stryker95 no rank system? You realize that a rank system will make the forum more competitive and bring out the best of links. And actually getting links out on the comptetive scene. As of now everybody views links as low tier non viable characters. Why do people compete? To be the best or to beat everybody else simply the want to be on top. I know there is a lot of bias in this forum.

GhettoNinja GhettoNinja i bet you this fanboy can beat you at ditto, yea I'm calling you out.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Stryker95 Stryker95 no rank system? You realize that a rank system will make the forum more competitive and bring out the best of links. And actually getting links out on the comptetive scene. As of now everybody views links as low tier non viable characters. Why do people compete? To be the best or to beat everybody else simply the want to be on top. I know there is a lot of bias in this forum.

GhettoNinja GhettoNinja i bet you this fanboy can beat you at ditto, yea I'm calling you out.
No it will not. We are already competitive. How would we rank players? Popularity? Voting system? Tourney results where people play thousands of miles from each other in different scenes with varying skill levels? Clearly someone does not understand how ranking works.
As for calling out GhettoNinja, first of all dittos do not prove skill, some people are notoriously good at dittos and others are bad. Secondly, you better be prepared to get some flak for calling out anyone on the boards. Do yourself a favor and watch this video (pause so you can read posts) by Dumbfire. It will help you understand this place.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
A rank System is pointless and would not make the forum "more competitive". I'm in no way a excellent link by any means, but i'm always looking to improve by facing more experienced players and learning matchups and eventually plan to go to my local scene and test my skill. Also as Stryker95 Stryker95 said dittos do not prove skill and calling someone out only makes you look more like an ass sorry, but not sorry.

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Stryker95 Stryker95 cute video. How would we rank people? How does nairo zero and get ranked? By tourney results we will have a piont system for what they place at a major or what they place by how many people are competing and of course on how many tourneys they compete and how active they are. Yea I get it most can't travel and compete but we should reward the ones that do that put the effort and money and travel with a rank system.

Catana Catana I would be using that same excuse to after I called somebody out and got worked on stream lol

Don't worry guys I will stop posting in a bit

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Stryker95 Stryker95 cute video. How would we rank people? How does nairo zero and get ranked? By tourney results we will have a piont system for what they place at a major or what they place by how many people are competing and of course on how many tourneys they compete and how active they are. Yea I get it most can't travel and compete but we should reward the ones that do that put the effort and money and travel with a rank system.

Catana Catana I would be using that same excuse to after I called somebody out and got worked on stream lol

Don't worry guys I will stop posting in a bit
I am quite sure Cat would love the reward of being considered "ranked". (Obvious sarcasm is obvious). Zero and Nairo have results, many tournies and opportunities. They go to Japan, Europe, and the US. Here, we have players who can go to Genesis and players who go to Avalons. It is extremely difficult without much data and comparisons. Do you know how much research and debate goes into MIOM Top 100? I would suggest doing the research yourself and come up with your own rankings to help you understand how little time we have. And most of us do not care. I am not trying to be rude, I am fairly new here as well, better me inform you then Cat, Dumbfire, or any of the others who have been here a long time.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971

I mean you can try, I don't play the ditto that much but I'm assuming considering I'm not hailing Izaw as the truth, I'd bop you. The ditto doesn't really mean much but whatever, maybe you should actually try learning on here instead of coming off as some might (but I'm not saying it *cough*) call, a tool. Both Hyrule Hero and Izaw are popular links but both lack many results and in Hyrule's case he (exempting a couple breakout performances) doesn't do exceedingly well at locals. Sova Unkown, Nimious, Huggles, etc all basically do the same thing as him but he gets more exposure. Also ranking Link's overall is ignorant, there's no conversion rate from place to place and more importantly, who cares if you're the best Link but still drowing in pools at any major tourney? It's about being the best of the best, not best of the worst

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
link7 link7 im sure if I met you in real life I would beat your ass how about that.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
What is most noticeable is that the most skilled players are not the ones doing this endless bickering -- they have better things to do

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
What is most noticeable is that the most skilled players are not the ones doing this endless bickering -- they have better things to do
Cat's the prettiest girl around though. [inappropriate content]

link7 link7 im sure if I met you in real life I would beat your @ss how about that.
My town is in my avatar description. If you want to find me, please do so.
I stand by my previous statement though, and you have yet to deny it.

Shadow_13

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-6916-4604
LakerLink LakerLink I'd just be more careful. You've got super Dumbfire and furry Cat trying to play high horse. They won't fight you. Trust me hahaha they are scared regardless of dittos or real matches. I'm surprised that via the rules of Smashboards no infractions have been made for their harassment or ridicule. I'd give it up and just play some tournaments. I place high or win quite a few around my county, but I really don't care and I don't post my results. I just don't care. Something a lot of us can take to heart. Talk to Hyrule Hero. Genuinely nice guy. Probably the only one out of all I have challenged on this forum. I challenged them for fun, not for ranking. The game is fun and no one wants to figure out that they may not be the best, hence no ranking system. It WOULD make it more competitive, but remember you are on a LINK board. For some reason... there is a lot of hate here.

Also, notice all of the *'s? Find a dictionary, boys. Betcha missed me? [You know who I am talking too ;) ] Seriously, have a fun game and play as you will. Learn new ways to play and stop whining that you main a "bad" character.

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Sure, i can say that I find Izaw's Link awesome but I do not worship him nor consider him ''A God''. I'll admit i'm a decent player but i strive to get better and i've also been labbing to help me out.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
LakerLink LakerLink I'd just be more careful. You've got super Dumbfire and furry Cat trying to play high horse. They won't fight you. Trust me hahaha they are scared regardless of dittos or real matches. I'm surprised that via the rules of Smashboards no infractions have been made for their harassment or ridicule. I'd give it up and just play some tournaments. I place high or win quite a few around my county, but I really don't care and I don't post my results. I just don't care. Something a lot of us can take to heart. Talk to Hyrule Hero. Genuinely nice guy. Probably the only one out of all I have challenged on this forum. I challenged them for fun, not for ranking. The game is fun and no one wants to figure out that they may not be the best, hence no ranking system. It WOULD make it more competitive, but remember you are on a LINK board. For some reason... there is a lot of hate here.

Also, notice all of the *'s? Find a dictionary, boys. Betcha missed me? [You know who I am talking too ;) ] Seriously, have a fun game and play as you will. Learn new ways to play and stop whining that you main a "bad" character.
Alt alert.

Capu

Smash Rookie
Heyo! greetings from Argentina! I'm a link main myself and recently got in the competitive scene here in my country. I managed to get to the top 32 by attending to very few tourneys and i'm pretty glad. Now a new year has started and so the ranking has been reset. So i hope i can get even further (I'm thinking about top 10). Anyways lets prove everyone else that link ain't that low in the tier list! Keep linking my friends :b:

Last edited:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
This seems like a most wonderful idea. I can't believe no one ever thought of this before. I foresee absolutely no possible negative repercussions from implementing such a system. In other, completely unrelated news, are there any other good Smash4 websites I can go to for information on Link, just in case I can't sign in to SWF some day?

Last edited:

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
This seems like a most wonderful idea. I can't believe no one ever thought of this before. I foresee absolutely no possible negative repercussions from implementing such a system. In other, completely unrelated news, are there any other good Smash4 websites I can go to for information on Link, just in case I can't sign in to SWF some day?
NintendoDojo

Corgi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Corgi-of-Time
The last thing we need is skill rank list for an already over-analyzed competitive scene. Make a note of the greats, their names and accomplishments, and be done with it if you must. The last thing we need is more salt.

"No no, Izaw is #2 because (cites specific instance of totally crapping on another player), not #3."

Let's employ the use of the triforce of wisdom here and not do that.

People are calling Link and Ganondorf low tier. LOL! They are in for a rude awakening.
If only. The "official" tier list puts link just above bottom and Ganon AT bottom tier. It upsets me mightily, seeing Link right beside Shulk. I'm not ****ting on Shulk players here, but the backroom is a really terrible judge of our boy in green garb. Can we all make an effort to go tryhard mode wherever we play to sway the opinion gradually? .-.;

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Oh hey guys, just stopped in to remind you all of that time the Link boards totally had a ranking thread that was nigh universally agreed upon that ended up getting locked since it was against the rules, and how it led to the fragmenting of Link's metagame an entire game ago. Anyone remember that one or five (including mine) we started once we were kicked out and moved to another forum? Remember how everyone decided to be a snot faced brat about their completely irrelevant placement, and cry favoritism? Remember the laughs and totally good feelings that brought everyone involved?

And for those of you who weren't around at the time to experience any of what I just stated...
Take my word for it, all of it sucked, no one had any fun, and no one benefited aside from Buzz.

Cease the discussion of any potential Link rankings for the sake of your investment into a pastime you're all clearly taking too seriously, or if anything at all, at least consider the work that Foxy has to do containing that garbage afterwards.

And with that,

Top Bottom