• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
@ Zane the pure Zane the pure
I'm not gonna step on any more qualified toes, but I will accept if chosen. If it is any consolation Smashboards is the largest part of my browser history beating out Google/youtube/and crunchyroll, so it's not like I won't be around often.

I would plan to be fairly laissez faire on moderation until it's warranted, and most issues I would seek democratic action on. I shall do as the people say, for them, by their accord. Flaming on newb threads will likely be limited to a page or two before Deva-lock and infractions would only be given on the most atrocious of actions (stolen credit card information, continued harassment, excessive genital measurement competitions etc) and bans shall be withheld from all but the most utterly heathenous behavior.

Essentially the only thing that would change is more circulation :D the Link boards do a good enough job moderating themselves and keeping clutter down, so all that's neccesary is someone who can lock/sticky/reassign threads when needed.

With that all said, if there are any more qualified, I shall gladly stand aside.
TL;DR more of the same with quicker reaction time.
upload_2014-12-5_7-50-42.jpeg

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Anyone else disappointed with Link's placement on Japans newest tier list? I know we should take any tier list with a grain of salt, but I feel it's still going to dissuade people from using Link when he ISN'T garbage in this game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Anyone else disappointed with Link's placement on Japans newest tier list? I know we should take any tier list with a grain of salt, but I feel it's still going to dissuade people from using Link when he ISN'T garbage in this game.
Can you link it?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You're right; but then again, do we really want people here whose thought process runs something like "Oh no, Link is placed badly on an early Japanese tier list for the game, made based on the 3DS version, before the game had even developed at all -- I can't play him now!"

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Any attempt at a tierlist this early in the game is an attempt at self fulfilling prophecy. Futile and immature, give the game a year in the competitive circuit and we might have an inkling of the game's ways, that is until it gets patched again. Take it slow and do work, you still have time to figure things out.

Not pointed at anyone of course, just speaking aloud.

And uh... @ link and ike lover link and ike lover , I don't get it.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
So is anybody opposed to me making a Q&A thread? I've noticed there's been a few misplaced questions on the Link boards lately and feel like it's because we don't have a dedicated Q&A thread.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So is anybody opposed to me making a Q&A thread? I've noticed there's been a few misplaced questions on the Link boards lately and feel like it's because we don't have a dedicated Q&A thread.
Go for it. We need one and I second it fully. Also, are you going to be able to do a header for the patch notes thread?

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Go for it. We need one and I second it fully. Also, are you going to be able to do a header for the patch notes thread?
Yeah, I'm gonna work on that this weekend. It's difficult balancing all the important stuff like working on things for the boards, playing video games, and watching/reading anime/manga when you have a full time job. :facepalm:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
There is a Q&A section in the Find it Here Thread. Whoever's making the thread should get the questions from that section. Just FYI.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
There is a Q&A section in the Find it Here Thread. Whoever's making the thread should get the questions from that section. Just FYI.
Yeah, I was probably gonna use those. Honestly, it would be great if we could just continue to use that thread, but you've gotta make it stupid easy for some people...

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yeah, I was probably gonna use those. Honestly, it would be great if we could just continue to use that thread, but you've gotta make it stupid easy for some people...
This. As much as I love costlow's thread, some people need it to be more overt. I mean, costlow's himself is branching out that thread into independent ones, like the tourney one. It'd still be nice though to recycle costlow's thread ad much as possible.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It would be really helpful with we have a thread dedicated to old ATs and new ATs and keep it updated. Seriously, I never knew you could ftilt with a bomb until Elessar told me. I didn't see it in the AT section. Now I realize we have a lot of stickied threads. Should we condense the amount (3-5 stickies) or expand on it even more (half a page or so)?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^FTilt, not Fsmash with a bomb?
We could use the social as a Q&A. Just a thought.

I wish the GCController adapters would become available again. I want to play!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Guys, there's new footage of Zelda U that was released tonight. Check it out.
This game has me extremely exited. The visuals are stunning, and the sheer size of the map just screams months of exploration. The gameplay looks solid, though the ability to sprint will be missed.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
This game has me extremely exited. The visuals are stunning, and the sheer size of the map just screams months of exploration. The gameplay looks solid, though the ability to sprint will be missed.
Wow that's amazing! Thx!

Rizen

Smash Legend
That Zelda game looks absolutely amazing. It'll be worth the wait, and we waited a lo-o-o-ong time.

Here's another story:
Lana, the Hyrule Warrior, returned and used the lv2 summoning gate, even though it was slow, with bad DPS, left her vulnerable, and created slow frame-rate. She finally won the lv3 summoning gate but never had to use that c****y weapon again. And there was much rejoicing.

The end.

PS Lana eventually died of melanoma.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
^FTilt, not Fsmash with a bomb?
We could use the social as a Q&A. Just a thought. !
Wouldn't work. Social is too chaotic and spammy as to have a decent Q&A here. And I do think we have too many sticker. We need to organize it better. Maybe use Costlow's thread as an index, kinda like the MU one.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
These boards are gonna be so dead when that comes out :laugh:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Holy crap, that world is frickin huge. Judging from that, I imagine the playing time to be 50+ hours. A part of me hopes it's like the legend of zelda NES but on a larger scale.

Majora's Mask3D is HYPE. Gonna speedrun the crap out of that game. Hopefully, they didn't remove ground jump or recoil flip...

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I want this sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. It looks amazing.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
And very intelligent. Many people think they are bent toward carnage because they will decimate a large amount of one's flock in one sitting, while the truth is they take anything they cannot eat at the moment and store it in the ground for later. That is why we will make sure our duck enclosure is well fortified (when we get there... gotta close on the loan for the house/land, first).

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Did you just say what you wanted to say as a quote? Lol.

That Zelda made me pee my pants...so good it hurts.

Also, we need to choose more than one mod since the original idea was to replace Ano. Now that Scabe is leaving we need to pick a second one. So, who else besides Rizen would you guys choose?

My bite still goes for Shin.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Oh god, why did I follow your quote link to smash 4 social...

Also, do people seriously day that Link is easy mode and takes no skill? Wtf? So we went from being a joke to being op? Yet according to the Japanese we're still trash?

This makes no sense. Looks like in and Link mains just can't ever catch a break...

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Link is REALLY biased against, especially from commentators. I'm sure we all know that. He's been known for being among the worst characters in a Smash game, and now he can bring his A game. Noone wants to give him a chance, though,and its sad. Wait, wrong word: it's INFURIATING.

So let them make their snide comments, it'll make it all the more satisfying to crush their nuts under your boot heel at a tournament if they're down talking your main all day. Our skin is thick, we're used to it. They have yet to learn.

Top Bottom