• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
@BrimeZ Ggs! Lol it kept going like dis: I won one the you one won and kept on going lol! Ggs tho!!!!!

@ Elessar Elessar We need a third party to play. Lag doe
So let them make their snide comments, it'll make it all the more satisfying to crush their nuts under your boot heel at a tournament if they're down talking your main all day. Our skin is thick, we're used to it. They have yet to learn.
Dat sig! O_o

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link is REALLY biased against, especially from commentators. I'm sure we all know that. He's been known for being among the worst characters in a Smash game, and now he can bring his A game. Noone wants to give him a chance, though,and its sad. Wait, wrong word: it's INFURIATING.
^This, big time. Link is (at least in Brawl) THE hardest character to use properly. People play bad Links and think 'hey Link looses to ZSS or Diddy -4', 'Link can't do anything vs Jiggz', blah, blah, tier w****, ignorance. Then good Links do work like Mr.R
http://smashboards.com/threads/le-lazy-lurking-links-listen-laugh-lounge-♪-。.254551/page-165#post-16295413
or LordXavior PR ranking 2nd in RI using all Link. Or the old Tourney results thread we had on AiB
http://nintendodojo.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=118766
and people still treat Link players like trash. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It's the effect of the vocal minority. Plus, people give more respect to the player than the chat, so Link is always seen as an encumbrance of a good player than an asset.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
hey guys!!! :D
sorry i haven't been around recently, i've been seriously busy doing my dissertation.
i'm sure you'll all be happy to know that the practical side of it is complete and i just need as many people as possible to do my survey :)

i don't mean to spam anything, in fact if there is a specific thread to post data collection pleads like this, that would be perfect :)
however if anybody has a bit of spare time and wants to help me out, i would be very thankful!
everything is explained in the link and it should take no more than 20 minutes to complete :D

http://nclpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_aX0Ep3oTdFYNitv

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
i don't mean to spam anything, in fact if there is a specific thread to post data collection pleads like this, that would be perfect :)
however if anybody has a bit of spare time and wants to help me out, i would be very thankful!
everything is explained in the link and it should take no more than 20 minutes to complete :D
Newcastle, eh? Sure, I'll fill it in tomorrow.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
sorry i haven't been around recently, i've been seriously busy doing my dissertation.
i'm sure you'll all be happy to know that the practical side of it is complete and i just need as many people as possible to do my survey :)

And here I was just starting to think that you went MIA. I might be willing to fill out a survey if I finish procrastinating.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

Ungh, why did you have to include so many numbers in there. My brain capabilities are seriously diminished when numbers show up. Give me a good logical problem with words (NOT LETTERS...I'm looking at you algebra) any day. But numbers? They're thought scramblers for me.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Newcastle, eh? Sure, I'll fill it in tomorrow.
can't decide if you think newcastle is good or bad... -_-
thanks man - you have until january anyway; i'm just greateful to each and every person who does because it's the most important project of my life :)
And who the hell are you?
oh man that was cold...
touche though ;)

And here I was just starting to think that you went MIA. I might be willing to fill out a survey if I finish procrastinating.
i would never :O
although i must admit i've been feeling a little out of the loop since the wii u version came out
add that to the fact that i've been playing my guilty pleasure of the new pokemon game...

Ungh, why did you have to include so many numbers in there. My brain capabilities are seriously diminished when numbers show up. Give me a good logical problem with words (NOT LETTERS...I'm looking at you algebra) any day. But numbers? They're thought scramblers for me.
sorry, i'm a very mathematical psychologist - it's pretty odd that i'm good at both a subjective, essay-based discipline but also an objective one too :/

well numeracy is a critical aspect of individual differences - i HAD to test it, sorry ;)

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I took the survey; interesting stuff. You'll have to let us know how the defense goes when it comes to that! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

I hope to be completing my own dissertation someday, though not in psychology.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
i would never :O
although i must admit i've been feeling a little out of the loop since the wii u version came out
add that to the fact that i've been playing my guilty pleasure of the new pokemon game...
You didn't mention that pokemon was involved. You should've led with that. I forgive you.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
I took the survey; interesting stuff. You'll have to let us know how the defense goes when it comes to that! Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

I hope to be completing my own dissertation someday, though not in psychology.
thanks man - i was worried people would find it boring since those personality questions are frustratingly tedious.
however i tried to vary it a little - each block is very different so it hopefully provided a refreshing change.

dissertations are good for your grade if you're organised with your free time - they're normally worth 1/3 or 1/2 of the entire grade for the final year so it's something you can't afford to mess up though.

You didn't mention that pokemon was involved. You should've led with that. I forgive you.
can confirm lvl 100 shiny metagross ;)

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Somebody pointed out that the new Zelda game has an uncanny resemblance to the original art work from LoZ on NES.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
thanks man - i was worried people would find it boring since those personality questions are frustratingly tedious.
however i tried to vary it a little - each block is very different so it hopefully provided a refreshing change.

dissertations are good for your grade if you're organised with your free time - they're normally worth 1/3 or 1/2 of the entire grade for the final year so it's something you can't afford to mess up though.
Interesting; what is the educational context of this, may I ask? I meant a dissertation in the context of a doctoral degree, but by your words I am inferring something more general. I had a chance to do something similar when I was completing my bachelor's in Music Theory and Composition and they just called it an "independent study" or something along those lines. Also, instead of a study/survey accompanying the report it would have been a large-scale musical composition demonstrating whatever techniques/ideas I was trying to employ to a certain purpose followed by monitored rehearsals with the group best representing its orchestration and, finally, a performance and verbal presentation of the same at a major concert.

Edit: But no, I didn't think it was boring. Everything seemed varied nicely though I think some of the questions came up twice.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hi guys. Yes I'm still alive. Just been holidaying and haven't been near anywhere with wifi. Lets see how people responded to my question...

*See most people think Young Link should come to SSB4*

:awesome:

Aw, you guys are awesom-

*See that everyone here still hate toon Link and further more hate Spirit Tracks*

:urg: But Spirit Tracks was fun and adorable! Though to be fair, ST and Smash Toon Link (and to an extent WW Link) and different Link's.

Also what is the Zelda hype? New news about Majora's Mask? Or Zelda Wii U ?!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
I hope they improve the texture quality on the terrain. They should look into virtual texturing.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Interesting; what is the educational context of this, may I ask? I meant a dissertation in the context of a doctoral degree, but by your words I am inferring something more general. I had a chance to do something similar when I was completing my bachelor's in Music Theory and Composition and they just called it an "independent study" or something along those lines. Also, instead of a study/survey accompanying the report it would have been a large-scale musical composition demonstrating whatever techniques/ideas I was trying to employ to a certain purpose followed by monitored rehearsals with the group best representing its orchestration and, finally, a performance and verbal presentation of the same at a major concert.

Edit: But no, I didn't think it was boring. Everything seemed varied nicely though I think some of the questions came up twice.
well this as a dissertation is merely the third year "project" for my BSc, nothing as high as an MA or PhD yet :L

wow, that sound pretty interesting; obviously you must've done well! :D

i'm glad, i tried to keep it fresh since university students in particular know how tedious questionnaires can be.
and yes, i believe in the personality block, one or two questions were repeated/rephased.
don't worry, that was entirely intentional - it's interesting to see if people's answer to a question differs even if it is essentially asking the same thing only a few minutes later.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
btw guys, do you think many people would mind if i went round some of the various character threads and asked for people to do my survey?
or do you think this isn't the place to do so?

i respect how on the whole things generally stay on topic in this forum so i'd hate to disrupt it by "spamming" my survey. :/

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
btw guys, do you think many people would mind if i went round some of the various character threads and asked for people to do my survey?
or do you think this isn't the place to do so?

i respect how on the whole things generally stay on topic in this forum so i'd hate to disrupt it by "spamming" my survey. :/
Yet you didn't mind them enough to not double post, did you? Come one man, you're preparing for a dissertation, that means you're supposedly smart. How hard is it to edit instead of double posting? Apparently getting a degree in physiology and preparing a dissertation is simpler than pressing freaking edit.

Hi guys. Yes I'm still alive. Just been holidaying and haven't been near anywhere with wifi. Lets see how people responded to my question...

*See most people think Young Link should come to SSB4*

:awesome:

Aw, you guys are awesom-

*See that everyone here still hate toon Link and further more hate Spirit Tracks*

:urg: But Spirit Tracks was fun and adorable! Though to be fair, ST and Smash Toon Link (and to an extent WW Link) and different Link's.

Also what is the Zelda hype? New news about Majora's Mask? Or Zelda Wii U ?!
You like gay, just accept it already.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Yet you didn't mind them enough to not double post, did you? Come one man, you're preparing for a dissertation, that means you're supposedly smart. How hard is it to edit instead of double posting? Apparently getting a degree in physiology and preparing a dissertation is simpler than pressing freaking edit.
ooooh, sassy! :O

nah, i put it in a different post on purpose :)
mainly because i wanted people to read it and give me advice.
people will see an academic conversation between me and Naroghin and many may skip over the whole post since it may not be of interest or relevance to them :D

that's psychology for you ;)

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
nah, i put it in a different post on purpose
Edited int he quote to show you how easy it is, and that it'll still alert you after a edit.

There are ways to separate and clarify that the topic has shifted in a same writing without making another writing. You can use indentations, change in font types, or disclaimers.

ANYWAYS it's not that hard to obtain the attention of people through clear visual queues in a written medium if you know what you're doing.

that's composition and redaction for you ;)

Last edited:

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
Edited int he quote to show you how easy it is, and that it'll still alert you after a edit.

There are ways to separate and clarify that the topic has shifted in a same writing without making another writing. You can use indentations, change in font types, or disclaimers.

ANYWAYS it's not that hard to obtain the attention of people through clear visual queues in a written medium if you know what you're doing.

that's composition and redaction for you ;)
ooooh, touche ;)

tbh man, i'm clearly not as experienced or adept in forum posting as you (obviously) are.
however i do sincerely apologise if me posting twice in a row offended you or upset the balance in this thread :)

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
ooooh, touche ;)

tbh man, i'm clearly not as experienced or adept in forum posting as you (obviously) are.
however i do sincerely apologise if me posting twice in a row offended you or upset the balance in this thread :)
Everyone can learn, so learn and git gud.

I've just noticed something interesting. Watch this vid, specifically at min 2:24. What the hell hit me there?

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I've just noticed something interesting. Watch this vid, specifically at min 2:24. What the hell hit me there?
He Ftilt on your shield. You tried to shield grab him, but he hit you out of it.
The only logical explanation for this is that he did another Ftilt which hit you on the same frame you grabbed him. I believe something similar to this happened to me too, but I don't remember which match(es) it was that I uploaded.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It was a jab. You can see it if you go frame by frame.
So, a jab that didn't get to come out due to the grab, but the hitbox still came out anyways? Could be, but it's damn strange because the hit happens behind me, while he was already in the grab stance.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So I've searched around the Link boards for "tl;dr" and I've figured out what it means (hooray for context clues). Is it supposed to be implied/understood around Link mains? Sounds like an old term from the Brawl boards.

In other words, what's the history behind it?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
It's an extremely commonly used term on these internets in general. It means "Too Long; Didn't read", If posted by a replier, it means you need to trim the fat on your huge wall of text. If posted by the OP it means "this is a short summary if you're a lazy **** who can't be bothered to read my whole post".

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Haha thx guys. Btw, I had this "definition" bookmarked for years now. He will always be my favorite teacher. :p

Do we really have to add "Google is your friend (when it isn't spying on you)" to "read the stickies"?

Although, there was one amusing suggestion made about the definition of tl;dr.

Jin Zhao: "Too Link; Didn't Recover"

I may adopt this.

Lúcio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1922-4046
It's an extremely commonly used term on these internets in general. It means "Too Long; Didn't read", If posted by a replier, it means you need to trim the fat on your huge wall of text. If posted by the OP it means "this is a short summary if you're a lazy **** who can't be bothered to read my whole post".
It's an excuse for lazy people who don't want to read decent content rich posts.
This.

Essentially it's just a dumb reply to a generally insightful and quality comment.
Still gets more appreciation.....because internet.

Top Bottom