• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Hey @ Pazx Pazx I'm probably going to go to this major tournament coming up next week. https://www.facebook.com/events/1484296835163877/ I won't be as active or practice as much as I use to back in Brawl , but I'll show up to meets and tourneys that Tin Man organises whenever I can. Do you ever go to those Monday/Thursday meets?
I'm tossing up going to Zeal as I'm kinda strapped for cash but I've been to a few weeklies and CC9, will see how I go over the next week before making my mind up about Zeal.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Just had an idea!
TP Link= Treasure Planet Link ~ Steampunk Link, which results in
Stop taking other people's ideas and work and trying to pass them off as yours. You didn't "have and idea" if someone has already drawn a picture depicting it and you happened to find the notion cool. Everything is wrong in your post, from what you say to how you say it. It gives off the impression that you came up with it and drew the picture, of which you did neither.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I guess I'm maining Link again <.<
You are still not ready, fool. You do not "guess" you are maining Link, you know it in your inmost heart. Every fiber of your being must shout out his name. Every waking thought must be subordinated to your duty as a Hyrulian smasher. "I am a Link main" -- that is the iron string to which all our hearts vibrate.

The one true Link, the one true sword;
Wimps and posers, leave the board!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Stop taking other people's ideas and work and trying to pass them off as yours. You didn't "have and idea" if someone has already drawn a picture depicting it and you happened to find the notion cool. Everything is wrong in your post, from what you say to how you say it. It gives off the impression that you came up with it and drew the picture, of which you did neither.
:facepalm:Should've left that extraneous sentence out in the first place.
Fixed.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
hello! fellow smashers, this is my first post here. About myself.. i'm what they call a special case, i live and breathe this series(finish 11 games), currently must read something about LOZ(the man in green) or else i can't sleep when the night comes Lol! :).
I must say i'm very green with all of this forum stuff, but as soon as i get my wii u, i'll offer you guys my friend code.
i would like the sages to bless me with the wisdom of the chosen one :4link: hope we all could be friends.
Welcome 2 Smashboards!

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Fought my first Gay today... he was being cocky so I 2 stocked him just to add salt to the nasty wound of choosing to use said Gay.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
hello! fellow smashers, this is my first post here. About myself.. i'm what they call a special case, i live and breathe this series(finish 11 games), currently must read something about LOZ(the man in green) or else i can't sleep when the night comes Lol! :).
I must say i'm very green with all of this forum stuff, but as soon as i get my wii u, i'll offer you guys my friend code.
i would like the sages to bless me with the wisdom of the chosen one :4link: hope we all could be friends.
I already greeted you in two of the three languages we speak here, trolling and flaming. Now I'll greet you in the third one. Welcome to our little corner of insanity. Try not to take everything that isn't mechanics and meta related too seriously nor to get offended by us. Enjoy your stay and troll away.

Fought my first Gay today... he was being cocky so I 2 stocked him just to add salt to the nasty wound of choosing to use said Gay.
You make us all proud. Good man.

Welcome. Link mains are trolls.
I guess I'm maining Link again <.<
Well that's a relief, and here I thought we were gonna have to call you "Fucking Sucks Kong", because acronyms.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Well that's a relief, and here I thought we were gonna have to call you "Fucking Sucks Kong", because acronyms.
My oh my Shin, you even showed restraint. I was fully expecting to see a Kwack rather than Kong, even if he was mailing the chimp rather than Gay. How gentlemanly of you sir. I hope you aren't going soft on us.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
You are still not ready, fool. You do not "guess" you are maining Link, you know it in your inmost heart. Every fiber of your being must shout out his name. Every waking thought must be subordinated to your duty as a Hyrulian smasher. "I am a Link main" -- that is the iron string to which all our hearts vibrate.

The one true Link, the one true sword;
Wimps and posers, leave the board!
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, Link Without End. Amen.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Btw, I figured out a few more ways to z-drop a bomb without having a Zair come out. There are the relatively known ways which is to z-drop a bomb immediately after doing a SH/FH or ledghop, but I found that the same can be done by z-dropping the bomb immediatley after any aerial, a footstool, or out of hitstun. So doing a ZAC is now more possible than ever.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Why in Farore's name are we discussing Gay issues in here? He's worse, he has always been worse because he's an abomination aborted by Sakurai's degenerate mind.

Kid, I'll tell you the same thing I've been telling everyone with your same quandary. This is not brawl, why are you trying to play it like brawl? You wouldn't play melee like you'd play brawl and vice versa. The why try to play a whole new game like an older completely different game? Forget about Brawl and Brawl' meta. Focus on learning this meta and focus on learning your char from scratch, as if it were completely different chat, because guess what, IT IS.

Also, my dog forgives you.
Because Tink is Link:seuss:.

You guys are going to kill me, aren't yo-
*gets shot*

Also, just to clarify, I am not playing Toon Link like brawl, I not stupid, however Toon Link does have flaws that sometimes out shine the buffs he got. I should probable stop talking about "gay" now, shouldn't I. Though speaking of clones, how would you guys react if Young Link was confirmed back for DLC, whether he is or isn't a clone.

Because Tink is Link:seuss:.

You guys are going to kill me, aren't yo-
*gets shot*
And that was without even a drop of whiskey. Next time it'll be your other knee.

Also, just to clarify, I am not playing Toon Link like brawl, I not stupid, however Toon Link does have flaws that sometimes out shine the buffs he got. I should probable stop talking about "gay" now, shouldn't I. Though speaking of clones, how would you guys react if Young Link was confirmed back for DLC, whether he is or isn't a clone.
Young Link is okay by me. The Hero of Time did work.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Mercinary Link. I drew this myself btw. Opinions/critiques, anyone?
Awesome! I really wish i had the patience and talent to do what you did. This should be Zane's new avatar imo.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
[quote="Unknown Hero, post: 18115299, member: 276086" Though speaking of clones, how would you guys react if Young Link was confirmed back for DLC, whether he is or isn't a clone.[/quote]

The Hero of Time saved two worlds before hitting 10, and grows up to become the Hero's Shade and help another Link save another Hyrule, so basically he saved 3 worlds.

Gay grew up to become a freaking train operator.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
In gay's defense, hes at least able to switch those gears pretty good.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I found the train aspect of Spirit Tracks out of place for the Zelda series. Trains were invented in 1804 (steam locomotive by Richard Trevithick). Link's still fighting with a sword.

I found the train aspect of Spirit Tracks out of place for the Zelda series. Trains were invented in 1804 (steam locomotive by Richard Trevithick). Link's still fighting with a sword.
Swords saw (limited) use in World War 1. Still, I agree. But the Zeldaverse has always had schizotech.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Yeah but not the medieval sword and shield setup Link has. Early modern firearms like flint lock rifles came out in the 17th century. The Zelda series is supposed to have a loose knights on horseback with swords, shields, bows, etc feel.
(I'm also opposed to the robots with serial numbers in SS)

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
I should really get back to trying to main Link...but I don't have confidence in my ability to technical play. But on the other hand Link is my hubby, and mah boi...

So wat do...?

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I should really get back to trying to main Link...but I don't have confidence in my ability to technical play. But on the other hand Link is my hubby, and mah boi...
So wat do...?
Well, we have a meta-game thread and a guide stickied, so those would be a good start.IMO Link is a character who craves balance. Spam too much? get bopped, Aggro too much? git rekd sun, so I would advise you to use the video thread to find some practice material. Get a good feel for Link's pacing and then play some friends. As soon as you start working in a little technical play give a couple wifi matches with us a try and see how it pays off. #1 advice on wifi though, it's is most definitely not srsbzns, so just enjoy and have a good time :D

Or to put it the way everyone else will, DO WORK SON.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Well, we have a meta-game thread and a guide stickied, so those would be a good start.IMO Link is a character who craves balance. Spam too much? get bopped, Aggro too much? git rekd sun, so I would advise you to use the video thread to find some practice material. Get a good feel for Link's pacing and then play some friends. As soon as you start working in a little technical play give a couple wifi matches with us a try and see how it pays off. #1 advice on wifi though, it's is most definitely not srsbzns, so just enjoy and have a good time :D

Or to put it the way everyone else will, DO WORK SON.

I will WifiRAGE...Jk no I won't, all good fun I know :p

I guess I can pick up Link and give it a try again, my friend has been playing better then me with Link and he's a Mario player, can't let that happen.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
"Out of place" is a pretty loose term to use. There are many things in Zelda that seem OoP (yes, I'm calling it that). Link on a talking boat; a demonic-looking moon on the outside with a peaceful, lush playground on the inside; Link taking pictures and talking to a phone... Yeah, you get the point.

The Zelda series is pretty OoP compared to most other fantasy games. Unlike those games, you can't place it in a timeline realistically since it contains things from a wide range of periods in time. They're all implemented pretty nicely.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Unlike those games, you can't place it in a timeline realistically since it contains things from a wide range of periods in time. They're all implemented pretty nicely.
IMO ^this applies to most fantasy games.

Maybe 'out of genera' is a better way to phrase it. The Zelda series is a medieval knights and magic game and shouldn't have futuristic or steam puck technology imo. If I wanted a dungeon buster with robots I'd play Megaman Legends (AKA MM64).

rd1023

Smash Cadet
Is anyone else loving his upsmash? I never used it much in melee but it seems much more fluid and has more range/priority now. Very underrated move I think. After getting a solid feel for him almost everything is better. I just wish he had a faster dash speed and I preferred his boomerang in melee.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
.....what the ****.
Shhhhh, shshshsh. It's ok now, don't worry, everything is OK. Just relax and don't worry about anything. You're in good hands now, among friends even. Don't struggle, just sit back and enjoy the ride. Uncle Shin is finally here.

Is anyone else loving his upsmash? I never used it much in melee but it seems much more fluid and has more range/priority now. Very underrated move I think. After getting a solid feel for him almost everything is better. I just wish he had a faster dash speed and I preferred his boomerang in melee.
His usmash has been buffed this time around actually since it can now combo into itself, and the final hit has quite some knockback. It's still underrated only one people who keep playing sm4sh as brawl. However, it is still not quite safe since whiffing it leads to severe punishment.

Also, one of the customs is his 64/melee boomerang. Hope they allow customs in tourneys.

Top Bottom