• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
G&W, Yoshi and Jigglypuff too.

edit, here's a funny gif someone posted:
253 pages of activity. although 34% of those pages was just

Good job Rizen.
The only character that can double jump after upb is Megaman, if I remember correctly.
Sonic I think and pac man if you do a certain glitch.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
The only character that can double jump after upb is Megaman, if I remember correctly.
Most character can do their second jump after getting hit after using their UpB. But Link and Toon Link can't do their second jump after getting hit after using UpB.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^
Well he obviously saw the reply to reply to it. I wish he'd do the actual testing rather than waste time like this.

^
Well he obviously saw the reply to reply to it. I wish he'd do the actual testing rather than waste time like this.
Someone actually do work? What a decadent concept. Surely time would be better spent baiting and complaining than actually playing and testing.

Surely.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
There's a mighty fine quote from the Devil's Advocate that answers your question brilliantly, but the SWF censorship committee will no doubt remove it...

Figures... Not even good advice is admissible it seems. Thanks anyways Foxy >.>

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Now that we are talking about weird in-game things, I was messing with Link edge guarding, so I took a bomb fell from the stage and up B immediately, bomb explodes and I can't second jump even though I didn't use the jump. This has always being a thing?
Yes it has. Once you use your recovery you lose your DJ. Stupid game logic says that if you used your recovery then you must have used your DJ.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit: jeez never mind then. I just came to congratulate you.
Thanks. For future reference '^' means the post is replying to the above post. Used for convenience when you know the other person is right there and will easily see the new post.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
The sad part is that it seems to only be Link and Toon Link that can't DJ.
I will note that we used to be able to DJ after a SAF if we took damage after falling off the stage (usually with a well-timed bomb to get us out of special fall), but the edge mechanics that allowed stuff like the saf are sadly no longer a part of the game.
It's mine now? Ariiiiiight! It's actually a true combo on many characters regardless of DI:
It is possible for them to air dodge, though. But our uair has so many active hitboxes that by the time they finish airdodging they still die. It's certainly marvelous to get their hopes up then squash their dreams of surviving when their air dodge ends.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Update: So I'm hard at work on the guide. I've decided to scrap having Sook's survey as part of the intro and will instead use it as a source of information. Don't worry though; I'll have it placed at the bottom of the OP as extra content. As for the OP itself, I'd say I'm about one third the way through. I still need to add info regarding the neutral, zoning and offstage/ledge guarding, and after that I need to worry about revising and polishing everything up. I think this guide will be a great addition to the Link boards, but that's really up for you guys to decide lol.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Now all we need is a throw setup into up-b and a better boomerang.
I don't find boomerang THAT bad honestly. I can still string into fair with it if I'm close, which is always nice (though bombs are more than likely guaranteed), and the fact it's good for edguarding is always a plus. Gale is pretty OK to me. Smash 4 Spin Attack seriously needs to go, though. lol

I want my semi-spike back.

Last edited:

Serac

Smash Cadet
Smash 4 Spin Attack seriously needs to go, though. lol

This, also the range it's mediocre.

By the way, have you guys seen Lucas' magnet knock back? That think it's scary, horizontal knock back if not a semi-spike, great range, can be used in the air and I'm not sure since I haven't bought him but it seems to work like a grab.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
This, also the range it's mediocre.

By the way, have you guys seen Lucas' magnet knock back? That think it's scary, horizontal knock back if not a semi-spike, great range, can be used in the air and I'm not sure since I haven't bought him but it seems to work like a grab.
It's not a command grab. It can be shielded. I'm learning him for teams though. His magnet is powerful. Probably one of his best moves if not his best.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
It's not a command grab. It can be shielded. I'm learning him for teams though. His magnet is powerful. Probably one of his best moves if not his best.
Fox is extremely envious now...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Now all we need is a throw setup into up-b and a better boomerang.
Rather have old Bombs back. And Zair Drop

Smash 4 Spin Attack seriously needs to go, though. lol

This, also the range it's mediocre..
So is it's power. I mean serious, that say the fore swing had a buff in knock back but I swear pre 1.0.6 patch I could kill much earlier that post patch.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
If it couldn't be shielded once then walked through I wouldn't have too many problems with it. But the fact that people can stand in it and hit me with a charged fsmash is actually ridiculous.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, this may be a little off topic, but do you guys think that Majora's Mask will get a story scene in Hyrule Warriors along with Wind Waker?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Someone shared this in the Lucas skype group. It's fun to play around with it.
Now all we need is a throw setup into up-b
wat

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mr G&W still can do this, but you have to buffer an aerial out of his Up-B for it to work.

Yes it has. Once you use your recovery you lose your DJ. Stupid game logic says that if you used your recovery then you must have used your DJ.
Interesting...because it definitely doesn't work that way for Ganon. If you saved your jump before Up-Bing and get hit out of your Up-B at least for him, you still have your double jump.

Rather have old Bombs back. And Zair Drop

So is it's power. I mean serious, that say the fore swing had a buff in knock back but I swear pre 1.0.6 patch I could kill much earlier that post patch.
The 14% initial hit on the very front kills pretty seriously early. The rest of the move is crap for killing, so if your opponent is behind you, you need to B reverse your Up-B.

Also in other news, D-throw D-tilt is really fun and amazing on Falcon.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Luckily reversing Up-B is fairly easy, so be sure to read that scrub for rolling.
Also, the timing is a bit tough, but lately if I find myself being pressured too hard in some MU I tend to double jump D-air from full height since it auto cancels if timed properly.

And has anyone else made use of running Reverse JCT? I feel like it's a decent alternative to the quite difficult reverse bombsliding.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Luckily reversing Up-B is fairly easy, so be sure to read that scrub for rolling.
Also, the timing is a bit tough, but lately if I find myself being pressured too hard in some MU I tend to double jump D-air from full height since it auto cancels if timed properly.

And has anyone else made use of running Reverse JCT? I feel like it's a decent alternative to the quite difficult reverse bombsliding.
Can we actually throw the bomb backwards when reverse bombsliding? I don't remember seeing that in Foxy's AT thread...
Anyway a Reverse JCT with the A-stick is actually one of my favorite tools when retreating. You not only get a bomb thrown backwards, but it's a soft tossed one too, which can be really affective as a trap. Even if I could throw the bomb backwards upon bomsliding I'd probably use the Reverse JCT more just for the soft toss.
Also in other news, D-throw D-tilt is really fun and amazing on Falcon.
I love it when I d-throw an opponent and they airdodge instead of jumping and I get a free f-smash, actually.
Or on falcons, when they don't air dodge in time and I can d-throw->u-tilt->regrab. Just falcons and d-throws are fun in general tbh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom