• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
The command grab is what really gets me -- that and the ability to break a shield rather easily. Cat and I both got our shield broken in tourney games by the same Yoshi: quite a shame.

Speaking of @ Catana Catana , he'll be unbanned soon:

Links found their life, but there’s no life for me
For the Link of my boyhood is ignoring my plea.
The Link I admired, the most – yes – of all
Has gone with the wind, and left behind brawl.
He’s confined, and long gone – O when
When will you play lovely Link again?

The Links talk so sweet, and the boards are calm;
Yet where is the one, the one from my psalm?
Without his playing, all else can be sweet
And still be dreary, when we never meet!
The scenes where we would once happily play –
Those joyous scenes, they’re fading away.

There is a peace looming over the boards
A happy music, sounding the chords.
There is peace in my play, now once so fine
Every bomb belongs, every Nair is in line.
Yet the movements that made me the most content
Are those with him, where my childhood was spent.

We went double Link, and we lost most of all
Yet who really cared? Winning’s so small –
So small compared to feeling fine and free:
Free from constraints, supported by glee.
So that, even with our now improvèd powers
I miss, from days past, those long gone hours.

Now I feel but naked, silly and bare
Without him standing next to me, there;
Every throw, every move, every Dair
Feels meaningless, ‘cause we are no pair.
He’s confined, and long gone – O when
When will you play lovely Link again?

Ah yes, we are still playing proudly in teams
But the old him is gone now, banished from dreams.
The pleasures that we had of yore
Are gone: I can feel them no more.
For his Link is done, and memory will be
All that by now will remaineth with me.
I wonder for how long you'll be able to keep this up

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Apparently hurling is actually a name for a sport.
Also, the best sport is table tennis because you're not actively trying to kill a part of your body in it.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Vomiting isn't a sport. Or did you mean curling?
Oh, really? Then what was I playing the entire time I was at college? Because it felt like a sport, was competitive, and I felt horrible the next day...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Hey Venus, can you refresh my memory on something please. I recently got infracted by Mic for flaming (I still think that I should've gotten a warning first considering ti was my first infraction, and that it being a 2 point infraction was unwarranted) and as such has lost access to the competitive room of sma4sh. Did I gain that privilege back one the points expired, or was it a ban for life?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I feel uncomfortable having all these authorities around here. It's like being monitored by teachers and the principal in high school, you know?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Hey Venus, can you refresh my memory on something please. I recently got infracted by Mic for flaming (I still think that I should've gotten a warning first considering ti was my first infraction, and that it being a 2 point infraction was unwarranted) and as such has lost access to the competitive room of sma4sh. Did I gain that privilege back one the points expired, or was it a ban for life?
I believe if you have 3 points you can't view the competitive discussion forums, and it only lasts so long as you have 3 or more. Meaning that in your case you'll be able to go view it on the 4th of May according to my time-zone.
May the fourth be with you soon.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
Huh, had no idea. That's a wicked looking stick.
It's a pretty wicked sport too. Kind of like field hockey, except you are meant to lift the ball off the ground with the stick and smash it throw the air/run and bounce the ball on the stick. It is pretty violent and one of the oldest sports in Europe at least.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
My last day of class was today and my adapter/controller bundle arrives in the mail today as well. Talk about winning at life

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Hockey is the best spectator sport hands down. I personally am a big proponent of playing Tennis, nothing like hitting a soft ball back and forth with rackets while groaning and..........

I see what I did there -_-

Also, to my HW brethren: What is your opinion of Tingle in game? I really don't like him at all, but I'm curious how he rates amongst the cast. Tell me, is he as bad as summoning gate Lana?
besides everyone knows vidya gaemz are da bess sport
I despise Tingle, mainly because he he makes a noise with EVERY STEP HE TAKES

Sports though. I'm surprised I'm the first one to mention Baseball. And I loved playing American Football in High School.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I bought Mewtwo; he's fun. I also beat classic on 9 with no equipment for the challenge, with Link of course. It's really hard at first but not too bad once you get the timing down and have a rout through the fortress. Lv 9 bosses are much faster than 8.5.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
I bought mewtwo as well. Also my stuff arrived, been waiting since February for this bundle...

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
For some reason I had a second adapter reserved at gamestop, really not sure why. I have never played with more than 4 people, and I only own one Wii U. So I just went and picked it up.

As far as the Link boards popularity, we are well known for being uncouth, and at times even barbaric, but we have forged many fine warriors and people either love the strong or are envious enough to hate them. Those feelings bring people to our forum. It's amazing how such a small group can garner so much interest.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I like it here. We go way back.

Lawz and I will follow up I'm sure in the near future, but the graduating life is long and hard (that's what she said) so please understand. Next time I'm in PA I'm sure we can record some sets.

Stoked that you finally got your ****, brah.

Also I've had M2 for a while now oops

:093:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
For some reason I had a second adapter reserved at gamestop, really not sure why. I have never played with more than 4 people, and I only own one Wii U. So I just went and picked it up.

As far as the Link boards popularity, we are well known for being uncouth, and at times even barbaric, but we have forged many fine warriors and people either love the strong or are envious enough to hate them. Those feelings bring people to our forum. It's amazing how such a small group can garner so much interest.
That's what I've enjoyed about this forum so far. I feel like being link is a badge of honor now and I am dissapointed in myself for leaving him to the way side all these years

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
We're not done yet @ Catana Catana I see you lurking: --

Leave Cat, my loyal comrades, leave him here
Alone with cats and Meta Knight; but do
Not cease using Link. Understand, the sphere
Of Hyrule and beyond is open wide for you:
Explore, enjoy, examine, cleanse,
Probe Link’s wonders, surrender to the sense.

All this is lost to Cat, even now to me,
Beloved though once by us he was.
He tempted us, with some vile mystery
He taught me, and earned applause.
To great heavens he was once raised high
Now he’s fallen, to Hell he’s gone, alone to die.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I bought Mewtwo; he's fun. I also beat classic on 9 with no equipment for the challenge, with Link of course. It's really hard at first but not too bad once you get the timing down and have a rout through the fortress. Lv 9 bosses are much faster than 8.5.
I bought mewtwo as well. Also my stuff arrived, been waiting since February for this bundle...
Apparently everyone bought Mewtwo. I went on FG last night and almost all the matches were against Mewtwos. Got pretty used to the matchup, though, I guess.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I got Mewtwo today but won't use him at all. I'm just annyed the Link icon moved next to the Little Mac one all the way in the top corner.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
When I pick Mewtwo I just do dtilt shenans. Oh and grabs, can't forget grabs.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I used to play with Mewtwo back during my scrubby Melee days. My pro strats were: Shadow ball to kill percent > grab >Uthrow

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I believe if you have 3 points you can't view the competitive discussion forums, and it only lasts so long as you have 3 or more. Meaning that in your case you'll be able to go view it on the 4th of May according to my time-zone.
May the fourth be with you soon.
The Fox is correct.

The Link Social is the only character social I actually visit on a pseudo-regular basis/non-monderating duties. I barely ever go into my mains social.

AnFuAr

Smash Rookie
Looks like I missed out on a good time.

I too am a fan of One Piece… Amongst other suggested things.

So uh, Gear Fourth?

:093:
Saldy i made a mistake by uploading some photos i shouldn't have. So all of them got erased. (Was my bad)

But i think those images are ok. Just a % of the stuffs i have. The other ones are kinda naked or with less cloth so can't upload them here xD

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I got Mewtwo too. He's okay but his hurtbox-to-weight ratios a little our of whack still.

Definitely seems better than Melee Mewtwo though. I enjoy using him so I guess that's a plus.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I wonder where this thread is heading since Elessar demotion.

I got Mewtwo today but won't use him at all. I'm just annyed the Link icon moved next to the Little Mac one all the way in the top corner.
You should it embrace it. Become one with the OP of Little Mac :p.

When I pick Mewtwo I just do dtilt shenans. Oh and grabs, can't forget grabs.
Why? Are Mew2's throws good or something?

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I wonder where this thread is heading since Elessar demotion.

You should it embrace it. Become one with the OP of Little Mac :p.

Why? Are Mew2's throws good or something?
Dthrow has a lot of followup options. Uthrow is also ridiculously strong, not quite Ness's BThrow tho

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
One 15 hour shift is all that stands between me and a 10 day vacation in Florida. Goin' to Orlando! Gonna ride The Hulk roller coaster at Universal over and over until I puke my guts out :awesome:
Bleh. I live there and my sister works in universal, while my grandmother works in Disney. I'm pretty much always able to go to either Disney or Universal because of it and I'm not even a fan of theme parks, so I find it annoying lol.

My last day of class was today and my adapter/controller bundle arrives in the mail today as well. Talk about winning at life
Curse you. Class here in Florida doesn't end until June 3rd, and I have like two games on my Wii U that I actually play. I don't have a GameCube adapter, either. :glare:

Last edited:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
That Mewtwo is another character with a good grab and throw option and yet my Robin still has a crap grab and really only one throw option. It is really unfair.

Uh oh.....

*runs away to get popcorn*
I wouldn't say it's "good", it's just not terrible. But then again anything you compare to Robin will seem amazing...

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
That Mewtwo is another character with a good grab and throw option and yet my Robin still has a crap grab and really only one throw option. It is really unfair.

Uh oh.....

*runs away to get popcorn*
uh oh...

*get's salt blade and does not care shield*

Why do you need popcorn? The war is over.

Top Bottom