• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linguini and Doodah Present: The Return of the Melee -05/10/08 -SFL

Linguini

Smash Master
Linguini and Doodah Present: The Return of the Melee

Whats good Florida, I know alot of you still like melee alot and wanted a tournament, so me and Doodah decided to host one. THIS IS AN ALL MELEE TOURNAMENT, full with shine spikes,gimps, combos, and....fun!
So be here guys, Unite!

Zero Ping LAN Center- 5450 south state road 7 and the zip code 33174 Suite Number 11.

DIRECTIONS: If I were you, I'd follow my directions and use mapquest ONLY as a reference, as they tend to give screwy directions to this place for some odd reason.

So basically this place is found on 441, between the main streets of Stirling Road, and Griffen... Those are two exits off of I95, i'll have the exit numbers later. So, easiest thing I can tell you to help you not get lost, though I'm not sure if it's the fastest depending on where your comming from, Go to I95 (south or north respectively) Exit off of Stirling Road and head WEST from 95. When you hit 441 (or state road 7, same street) Make a right. You should now be heading NORTH. The next light you'll see is a street called Seminole Way. The second Street is called Lucky Street. The plaza is on the right in between these two streets.

But to not get lost ever, or miss it, just make a Right onto LUCKY STREET, and there's an entrance to the plaza on the right as soon as u turn, where u will see the infamous "Only hill"

The Date
May 10th

The Schedule:

11:00 AM-12:00 PM................Doors open + sign ups
12:30 PM-3:00 PM...................Doubles
3:00 PM-Whenever..............Singles

Entry Fees
Door fee-$20 (includes singles fee-$15)
Whoever brings a cube +TV gets 5 bucks off door fee.

Doubles-$20($10 per person)

The Pot
Singles:
60/30/10

Doubles
70/20/10

Format

Singles/Doubles

- Double Elimination
- All matches are 2/3, Winners/Losers Finals are 3/5, Grand Finals also.
- Separate seeding can be requested if it is so desired.
- All matches are four stock with an eight minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by stock and percentage.
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

Stage Listing

Singles/Doubles

The following stages are available for random select for singles and doubles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokémon Stadium

Daves Stupid Rule Applies.

No Stalling Please! (Wallbomb, Rising Pound)
No SoulStunner/Freeze Glitch either!
Wobbling will be handled with the Gentlemen's Rule.

Gentlemen's Rule: Whether to ban the Wobble or not, is decided upon both players should one be using IC's before the set Begins. If the opponent does not want it, it is banned. If he agrees it can be used to 200% before it's considered stalling.

BYOC.

Contact
My cell is 954-647-7972
MY aim is- ostrichfreak102
Feel free to contact me with any questions.

This IS FL melee, if you miss melee and want to keep the scene alive, be here.

Post if your coming,and if you can bring a TV.

TV's
1.Me
2.ZP
3.ZP
4.Chops
5.otru

Cubes
1.ZP
2.Me
3.Chops
4.otru
WE need cubes.tv's!!!!!!!

Linguini

Smash Master
NEW UPDATE GUYS: My mom WILL be making a ****load of pasta, Linguini to be specific.
It's gonna be $2 for unlimited pasta and a drink so be ready, my mom makes some killer tomato sauce, haha

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I'd go but theres no jungle japes.
Jungle Japes is legal in Melee tourneys. :)

Time to do a short tiny rant. Tourneys need to stop saying M2's soul stunner is not tourney legal. No **** sherlock. The glitch freaking requires red shells to do. Items are off in all tourneys anyway!!!!! Rant over.

Linguini

Smash Master
Maybe you should hold it somewhere more

region-friendly
ummmm......no, we drive up there all the time, and no one has had a problem with traveling, just you. Dude its not hard, just lie and say your sleeping over your friends house that night, I do it every single time I go to CFL.
This tourney is gonna be sweet!

derf

Smash Ace
i should be there as i get out of school the week before. but, if its not too late, you should try pushing it back a week because you're going to run into conflicts with a few college finals

also i would like to carpool to this. i might actually be in orlando the week before, so maybe i could give a ride to or get a ride from somebody in NT.

if i have room in my ill bring a TV

derf

Smash Ace
the only listed tournaments i plan on attending are yours, manko's (5/24-5/25) and that big atlanta tourney (6/7-6/8). gigs hasn't announced their next tourney date, but that would be probably 5/17 because they space them a month apart. that should leave the current date or 5/10 open. unless theres other tournaments i dont know about.

hopefully some gay *** lan center doesnt interfere with some random 400 person brawl tournament, but i dont think you can really predict if thats going to happen with the scene the way it is right now

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
My only issue with going to this is money, and that is it the weekend after I return from college...so I dunno if I'll be able to afford it/my parents will even let me go!!!

:(

That's why I've been hoping to win some money from Brawl (not because I want to be amazing at brawl), but because until I get a summer job I'm poor right now!!!

:colorful:

Finch

Smash Lord
I would love to go to this but yeah, the date is bad and too soon for me to drive back down to sfl. Have it after people actually get a job for the summer.

Linguini

Smash Master
alrighty guys, this is the only date I can do it on so bear with me, its going to be on the 10th as I changed it for the convenience of college smashers.

snowmann

Smash Cadet
yo im down, any day any time any where lol. Pasta is sounding pretty good. we have to slowly make brawl dissapear lol. Linguini put up a goal of 60 on the attendance list we will get it lol.

o yea and people in cfl and everywhere else, stop being gay, you are all coming whether u like it or not, you have like 3 weeks too plan and switch stuff around, so start planning.

P.S. F U C K BRAWL

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Yea fred, we will.
Which city do we want to meet in/whose car will we take?

If you're in orly already I can meet you there and we can drive the rest of the way, or we can leave from gville if not. I might actually still be in Deland at this point. This is going to take a little more thought that I thought at first.

Anyway I got my own car now so going to tournaments this summer should be a lot easier.
You wanna talk to the guys up there about carpooling with me as well or will they all be back at homes by then?

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
this will prolly b my money to enter brawl tourneys if i dont have a job by this date. make attendance and force john and mcscrooge to go to this. pretty sure alot of people gonna complian about the fee being 20$ for a dead game. if not hey more money for me lol

Zoro

Smash Champion
ummmm......no, we drive up there all the time, and no one has had a problem with traveling, just you. Dude its not hard, just lie and say your sleeping over your friends house that night, I do it every single time I go to CFL.
This tourney is gonna be sweet!
So true
I have told hungrybox this technique but he loves his mommy too much to lie to her
which aint a bad thing

I lie to ma mommy about tournaments all the time and i feel guilty
I love ma mami :laugh:

when he means region friendly he means 20 minutes or closer to his house
Lol

I will definitely go if i get a ride

Linguini

Smash Master
p3t3, it would be alot better if this was at your place, cuz my mom doesnt want me to do it too much but ive been asking her for a while . could you find out soon for me, if not ill host it here but i rather not.

gangsta66

Smash Journeyman
u kno ima be there. as long as u promise brawl will be 100% banned from this tournament including friendlies and mm. if i see that horrible game there im goin back home. i can count on u pasta rite?

demon itachi

Smash Cadet
i wanna go but i need ride nick riddle can u take me plz!! its chris

lol linguinis sig is not what it looks like its a flower giving head

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yo, you guys should make this big, maybe i'll come. ^^ Plane tickets are looking pretty cheap and I won about that much recently off melee. I love this game too much lmao, linguini's moms sauce better be banging. xD

Honors

Smash Journeyman
Even though I can't go (I sent a pm awhile ago), I'll hype it up for you by letting some people know (hopefully around 5 if they all come).

Top Bottom