• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lil fact about Yoshi's Story Cloud

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, i didnt see this anywhere, and i've been too lazy to post about it till now.

But anyway.

On Yoshi's story, some people have thought that the cloud is random. Others know that is it infact constant.

Well, here's the constant(s) of the cloud.

___

The cloud goes on a rectangular rail setting that you can see as the line (obviously)

The cloud ALWAYS starts on the bottom left corner of the rectangle, and does not move to do.

The cloud takes 20 seconds to do one lap around the track.
It stays out for 5 seconds, and is inside the stage for 5 seconds (does this 2 times each to equal 20 seconds)

**Here's the good stuff**

If you have a time limit on, the cloud will first enter the stage at round X:X9 seconds. It will come out of the stage (so you can jump on it) about about X:X4 seconds. This is CONSTANT.

Whenever the first number of the seconds is odd (5, 3, and 1 - counting down) the cloud can be out on the right. Whenever it is even, the cloud can be out on the left.

Therefore, whenever the time is
-54-49, 34-29, and 14-29, the cloud is out on the right
-44-39, 24-19, and 04-59, the cloud is out on the left

___

I'm pretty sure this will be useful for anybody who can memorize and recall numbers like that (i cant :( ), but I figured i'd throw this info out there.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yeah, someone else put up Randal's movements based on the clock timer. So as it counts down, you can glance at it to see where he is.

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
where did the name randal come from...and thanks for the info

Boot Bunny1

Smash Cadet
wow..... i congratulate you on figuring all that out, most people wouldn't even think that much into the whole cloud factor (witch i just decided to name it :grin:) and some people may have even thought that you wasted a few hours of your life figuring that out, that is, if you dint tell everyone that if you can keep all those numbers in your head you could own the stage (partially). i myself unfortunately wont be able to use this (bad memory) but it is still a great task you have accomplished.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I once read that Ken was saved by that cloud in a match and some people call it the "Ken Cloud".

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
In the original thread, FastFox decreed the cloud shall be named Randall, and the name found favor amongst smashers.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
F8al one time i heard Ken pulled a Ken combo on Yoshi's story that ended with a spike off of the Ken Cloud and now its called Ken's Story

Mirite

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I heard Ken pulled a Ken combo on Final Destination and now it's called Ken's Destination.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
YES!! I CAN FINALLY POST AGAIN!! (**** server move :( )

I once read that Ken was saved by that cloud in a match and some people call it the "Ken Cloud".
That's the story i heard too. Everytime My friend and I play on the stage and the cloud screws us, we yell "**** YOU KEN!!!", in an attempt to bring him down to our level. D:

Now, can someone do this for the cannon in DK Jungle 64.
also for klaptraps
I actually sat down and tried it for both. As far as I can tell, they're random.

wow..... i congratulate you on figuring all that out, most people wouldn't even think that much into the whole cloud factor (witch i just decided to name it :grin:) and some people may have even thought that you wasted a few hours of your life figuring that out, that is, if you dint tell everyone that if you can keep all those numbers in your head you could own the stage (partially). i myself unfortunately wont be able to use this (bad memory) but it is still a great task you have accomplished.
It actually didnt take long to figure out, but I just had to actually notice it first. What too a long time was realizing (or I think realizing) that everything else in the game that I thought was random... is random. :(

\

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I donno F8AL, i heard from a reliable source that the cloud is called Randall;
I never said it's name was Randall...:urg:

F8al one time i heard Ken pulled a Ken combo on Yoshi's story that ended with a spike off of the Ken Cloud and now its called Ken's Story

Mirite
I never heard that before. Interesting through. :)

Lucida Console said:
That's the story i heard too. Everytime My friend and I play on the stage and the cloud screws us, we yell "**** YOU KEN!!!", in an attempt to bring him down to our level. D:
Yeah well whenever I play Cybr in Yoshi's Story he calls me cheap whenever I get saved by it. He claims "it's against me and is working for you". :chuckle:

Top Bottom