• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightspeed Interviews - The Sonic Community Interview Thread - KC be timing us out | And KID ↓

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
all i wanna know from KC is WTF his avatar is... i think its like sonic wire frame, with a coked out pink cone rockin a sweatband!? I just... i dont even...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well my avatar pic is my own character that i made waaaaaaay back in 2001. He's suppose to be an eraser although i slimmed out his design to better allow for more dynamic poses such as the one below.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
You guys can ask questions for KC if you want. I'm not sure if this should continue though due to lack of activity (I'm not blaming anybody).

True Blue

Smash Lord
It should probably have been like a month thing. Wait a month to get all the questions that could be asked and then when the month is over catalog it all for anyone to look back and see.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know if anyone else is really "inerview worthy".

Anyways:

Do you think you could've realistically beaten Fatal if he didn't uair?

Have you made up any fan fiction for your eraser character? Or I guess do you have any in general?

Do you know why?... :D

Kupo Rose

Questions for KC.

1) Your username. Couldn't decide between Kid Craft or Sonic Master?

2) Does the 24 mean anything?

3) How long can you hold your breath?

4) Which word is different from the rest?
a) whimsical
b) playful
c) capricious
d) uncanny
e) comical

5) The 47th week of the year is in
a) December
b) November
c) September
d) June
e) January

6) If Matt met Aaron and Aaron met Ralph, then statement that Matt and Ralph did not meet is
a) True
b) False
c) Indeterminable

7) Why is the grass green?

8) Tea or coffee?

9) KFC or Burger King?

10) What is your opinion of Twilight Sparkle becoming an Alicorn?

11) How many fingers is Jman holding up?

12) What colour is the seat AwesomeFroggy is sitting on?

13) Was it a seat? Might've been a beanbag.

14) Where would you like to go on holiday?

15) How awful is this new site?

16) What does "Developments in the Explication of the Job Performance Criterion Domain" mean?

17) Have I been acting a bit queer?

18) How pointless are my questions?

Kupo Rose

Needz moar questions for KC and less of giving my half advice on how to reach and violate me.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Pointless **** for KC:

1) Fill in the blank: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, ___________

2) I'm hiding, can you find me?

3) 2Pac or Biggie?

4) Why did daddy hit mommy?

5) Can you kick a freestyle?

6) Is this the Krusty Krab?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1) Favorite Sonic tech, why it's your favorite, and how it would look if it was a woman.
2) You like ponies, don't you?
3) If not Smash Bros, what game would you get into on a competitive level, if any? If Sonic was in PSA, would you play it?
4) Name three games that you loved as a kid. What would you give them now if you had the choice to update them? What would you remove?
5) What if you were sentenced to death for a crime you never committed, and the execution method was death by repeated watches of the worst movie you've ever seen. What movie would this be, and what would your reaction be like up until you croaked?

Bonus: Can you stop once you pop?

:applejack:

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Will the real Superman (or Slim Shady) please stand up?

Did you make that "KC24" hat?

How much weight do you think "Rhode Island's best player" holds?

Do you have scientific evidence that clearly states it's not butter?

Who do you think is the best Sonic?

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Hello Sonic community! I'm still new to this character and my Sonic is no where near experienced as my other Mains/Secondaries. I have a few questions and hope y'all can answer them!

1. I'm ALWAYS looking to get the jump on :pit: and was wondering what :sonic: has on him? The MU chart v2.0 says that the MU goes even, and that's about all I know lol.
2. Who are some [active] pro Sonics to watch? For example: For Pikachu I watch ESAM, for Snake I watch Ally and Ultimate Razor, and for Gannon I watch DLA. But the only amazing Sonics I can find to study are Malcolm (that dude is a BOSS) and RATS. Malcolm hasn't had a new video since like 2010; RATS has the same problem and the video quality of his matches are garbage.
3. What are Soinc's tech skills? I can spin dash cancel but that's about all I know haha.
4. How do I effectively use SD and SC?
5. How do I KO with Sonic? The only way I've been able to KO with Sonic so far is with a fresh Fsmash, fresh Bair, and Uair star KO. I have no problem racking up damage, but finding the kill is so hard coming from characters like Pikachu or Snake that have so many tools to KO that I usually don't have to worry about saving moves to keep them fresh.
6. What is Sonic's best momentum cancel after Nair+Fastfall?
7. How affective do y'all find DACUS? To me it looks like dash>Usmash is just as affective and gets just as much distance as DACUS.
8. Can Sonic BDACUS?
9. Is it true Sonic has bad priority :/?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For future reference, you wanna refer to this thread if you want questions answered: http://smashboards.com/threads/offi...e-a-quick-question-ask-it-here.201103/page-52

1. Pit excels at keeping his opponent at mid to far away or above him. His uair, arrows, jab, and aerials all kinda push people out to set up for arrow harassment and the like. What makes Sonic effective vs. Pit is that he's able to get into his defensive bubble pretty easily, and can spin under arrows that aren't curved to strike Sonic on the ground. Once Pit's off the ground, or if Sonic gets into his zoning, Sonic doesn't have a hard time adding damage or just punishing Pit's options. Pit also doesn't live super long, so Sonic's problems with KOing aren't incredibly apparent here.

2. Videos with X, D1AOS, and myself would probably be best, but we don't really have much recent content. You can find most videos of us in the Sonic video archive in the main subforum here. For doubles, I recommend True Blue. He's honestly probably the best Sonic at doubles anyways.

3. There's not many Sonic techs outside of spin cancels. You have the spinshot and the iSDR, as well as auto-cancel dair, but there's not much to him as far as that goes. It's mostly just execution and spacing of the cancels and whatnot, and how to manipulate them to force your opponent to use punishable options.

4. This question's kinda hard to answer because it's directly based on the character you're fighting. Using it on Olimar is kinda risky because of how many options Olimar has that beat it, whereas using it on Donkey Kong is heavily encouraged because of his lack of options against it. In general, you shouldn't be using it from super long distances as a means of attacking since it's incredibly easy to read. From far away, it's better off used as a way to close the gaps between you and an opponent (since it's slightly faster than dash I believe, but only at full charge), or as a follow up for some aerials. DownB is catered more towards aggressive plays since it's easier to follow up with, while sideB is mostly defensive due to the invincibility on the initial hop you get out of it, though both can be used for either once you understand your options.

One example would be using downB defensively by full hop retreating with it, or tilting diagonally to slightly alter your landing during the spin. SideB's invincibility can be used to parry and immediately counter an opponents option, and it's a great offensive tool for eating through ranged characters or projectiles.

5. Sonic's only practical options are uair for vertical, then bair, dsmash, and fsmash fresh. If you're having trouble KOing, it'll mostly be because you're using bair too much for damage racking and not enough for KOs. It's easily our best move to land when it comes to knock outs, so try to find other means of adding up damage besides the bair. Grabs are usually my go-to option for adding up quick percents and dropping the stale counter on my KO moves, so you can try that out if you want. Above that, grabs are really good for setting up land sharking, and edge guarding.

6. Don't use nair for momentum cancel. Fair is a bit faster, then uair, but you should always be using fair. Afterward, either downB or sideB (depends on how good your timing is on downB releases). DownB and SideB are essentially bucket brakes, and cancel all backward/upward momentum from knockback, so they're always the best option. Fair > DownB is the best Sonic has, but if you're having trouble with DownB's release, SideB is your best bet. The difference between them IS there, but it's kinda negligible for the most part. The only problem is that sideB DOES suck you backward a bit during the hop.

7. DACUS is okay as a once-per-set kinda deal, but you put yourself at a huge risk if you miss. You normally don't want to risk cheesing it unless the enemy keeps trying to trade with you during it's use. Usmash has a few frames of invincibility on the transition between the ground and the air, so it's good to try and bait attacks and countering with it, but that's about it. DACUS can also spike enemies if you're lucky.

8. He can, but the distance he get is so negligible to DACUS that it really isn't important at all.

9. Sonic's priority is fine. He just doesn't have range on a lot of his moves.

:applejack:

Top Bottom